The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homeland

+26
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
bhb001
Skydriver
SecretFly
teassoc
Dass
SirJohnnyEnglish
Nakatomi Plaza
Mat
rickybehl
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
djlovesyou
SharkSoul
tammywilson52
BeachBoy2012
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Small Time
Biltong
asdral225
alfie
The Galveston Giant
GG
Beer
I Blame Coco
hornbloweroafc
30 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Homeland - Page 5 Empty Homeland

Post by hornbloweroafc Mon 05 Mar 2012, 10:26 am

First topic message reminder :

As anybody watched Homeland yet on Channel 4 (sunday nights)?

I have Sky + the first 3 (?) episodes so far but so far havent got round to watching them. I have only heard good reviews so far so will deffo try and catch up this week.

Without any spoilers what are your thoughts on it?
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Homeland - Page 5 Empty Re: Homeland

Post by Guest Sun 18 Oct 2015, 10:03 pm

Alistair wrote:I would imagine that at some point Carrie is going to end up in that box, leaving Quinn in a difficult position.

Called it right. It's building nicely

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Oct 2015, 7:40 pm

Bit of a filler last night was episode 3, a relapse to show off Claire Danes' acting skills. Still hooked though.

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 26 Oct 2015, 11:09 pm

LiamB wrote:Bit of a filler last night was episode 3, a relapse to show off Claire Danes' acting skills. Still hooked though.

Just a filler ? How many dead bodies do you want , Liam Smile

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Tue 27 Oct 2015, 12:27 pm

Anyone else a bit tired of the whole Carrie/Bi-Polar battle?

I liked this week's episode, glad they got the whole Carrie/Quinn thing off and rolling early. It was quite difficult to call. I wasn't convinced she had shot Quinn, i thought it might be the bloke and she'd give her position away to Quinn.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 09 Nov 2015, 9:18 am

Bit of a slow burner this week.

I'm convinced that Saul and Dar know what Alison is up to and they are playing up to her. Bit surprised there was nothing further on whether Carrie recognised Alison's voice on the phone. Still a good episode.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 11:50 am

is a slow burner this series, hasn't grabbed me like previous seasons. quinn will obviously survive & agree, think they know alison is working for the russians, can pretty much see how it will pan out really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 09 Nov 2015, 12:19 pm

Saul, Quinn or Dar needs to die to keep this going. I can't see a 6th season on the back of this one; needs a refresh. Be good to see Dar screw Saul, kill him and Quinn and Carrie spent a 6th and final season going after him.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 12:25 pm

i'm quite bored of seeing every tv show or film, just using real life events, like hacking etc. got it here, even the bond films have gone all hacking & cyber stuff. i know that's the way of the world, just like to see someone think outside the box & produce something that goes in a different direction. much preferred homeland in the middle east & engaging with the terrorists, instead of watching someone typing away on a keyboard.

i'd probably say saul is the most expandable out of carrie, quinn & saul, so that is likely to happen alistair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 16 Nov 2015, 10:31 am

Bit of a slow burner this week. I like Quinn's ability to be a complete badass, even though he's injured/dying/riddled with infection.

The whole Saul/Carrie interaction could possibly have been dragged on a bit, but it gets us where we need to be. I still think Saul and Dar are in on this; trying to out Allison as the rat.

I think Quinn is going to end up helping the guys in the building, either aiding them doing whatever they have planned, or allowing it to happen, perhaps as his way off getting over what happened to him in Syria.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Nov 2015, 10:45 pm

Impressive episode, not sure what this Oriol thing is totally all about with Carrie, but things getting intriguing now. Loads of different stories playing out, even Otto seems to have his own dodgy agenda going down now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 23 Nov 2015, 11:22 am

I thought it was boring, personally.

If Carrie knows Alison is the leak then i think they've made it a bit far fetched for her to turn the tables. Where is her support network?

Quinn: Off to Syria to kill Al Kadouli for Dar Adal.

Saul: Defected to the Israelis.

Dar: Hates Carrie.

Jonas/Otto: No chance.

I'm still sure that Dar and Saul are in on this. There have been a few clues. The Russian dude made reference to the fact that Alison had been the biggest leak in the CIA for years. There's the fact that the Israelis objected to the overthrowing of Assad, and then the dude in the plane got blown up. Saul defecting could be a cover.

I don't think Otto has an agenda, I think he wants Carrie to go home and be with her daughter. If you think back to the conversation where she said she wanted to go back to her cabin.

I hope it picks up next week as i'm losing interest a bit.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Nov 2015, 1:20 pm

Bit far fetched all the Alison stuff for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 30 Nov 2015, 12:22 pm

I'd already read up on last night's episode, so i knew what was coming.

Proper slow burner of an episode. Think the Allison thing makes sense now, the money, the power, the promotion. Thought it was a pretty weak way of Carrie catching on, but there we go.

The Saul thing i don't buy, I think he's being used as a pawn. My guess would be that the Israeli's didn't blow up the plane, the bloke he's with probably did.

I think Quinn must die this season, probably trying to save Carrie. I wasn't surprised that the refugees went back to Berlin, i think they are going to target During.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Nov 2015, 7:47 pm

yeah, needed last night's episode to explain everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Nov 2015, 8:09 pm

having seen carrie's working relationship with alison, she would of recognised the voice on the phone call. The Saul thing is a bit confusing really. Quinn will be used in a chemical attack in Berlin, not sure where his story links with Carrie though. very slow series though, needs to really lay down some action, now the backstory has been revealed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Tue 01 Dec 2015, 12:45 pm

I don't think she did recognise the voice, Liam. I think that's too important to forget or drag this out/risk your life over.

There is a bit much going on, is Saul defecting? Why don't the Israelis want him? Why are they now shipping him out?

I thought for a long time that Saul and Dar were in on this; which now looks like I was wrong, which in some ways is a shame, as the dynamic between them is good.

It has been a slow series; whilst i've always enjoyed the show, it's always followed the same basic pattern. This would've been better had there been an incident at the start of the Series, rather than the usual build up to something.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 02 Dec 2015, 12:50 pm

I am reluctant to comment on this because I think we are somehow a week ahead of you fellows.

But I am thoroughly enjoying the current series ; yes some of it is a bit far-fetched ... but I guess a lot of espionage is actually routine with not much happening and who would make a TV show about that ?

Bring on the next set of twists ...But I hope they don't kill Quinn.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 02 Dec 2015, 12:55 pm

I thought we caught up over Thanksgiving?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 04 Dec 2015, 4:00 am

Alistair wrote:I thought we caught up over Thanksgiving?

Well perhaps ... just that there were a couple of major developments this week and I haven't seen any comments touching on them yet...

(You will understand I don't want to let any cats out of the bag in case we are still ahead )

Suffice to say it keeps developing.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 04 Dec 2015, 9:51 am

alfie wrote:
Alistair wrote:I thought we caught up over Thanksgiving?

Well perhaps ... just that there were a couple of major developments this week and I haven't seen any comments touching on them yet...

(You will understand I don't want to let any cats out of the bag in case we are still ahead )

Suffice to say it keeps developing.

Banana Joe's is where we are? If that makes sense.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Dec 2015, 4:34 pm

Still not feeling this series, the Alison stuff, I've just never felt any of its been believable, but that's me. Quinn getting injected was obvious & all that's left is Carrie needing to find the Iraqi guy, who got kidnapped, to prove he & Alison were working for the Russians.

I guess my personal taste was back in the Middle East & Afghanistan, in previous seasons, whereby the action was much more thrilling & intense, instead of just watching this slow series unfold & then just watching alison hop on a few trains & then getting caught.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Tue 08 Dec 2015, 10:55 am

Definitely starting to agree, Liam.

No way Allison could get away with it; and also, i know what happens next week and that is far fetched. It all just seems so dragged out. They could've advanced this series so much if they just cut out some of the rubbish. Brought a faster pace to it.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Dec 2015, 8:01 am

lol at Allison allowed to roam about the station, when under investigation, of being the biggest mole/traitor for over a decade. No chance. Episode & story pretty much panned out how I thought, with Carrie saving Quinn. Must be the last season, surely?

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 14 Dec 2015, 9:50 am

No, it's been renewed for Season 6 & 7.

Again, with last night they could've got to things alot quicker. Everything is so predictable. Why did Carrie and Allison have to find Quinn? Why couldn't they end up at the wrong place and then rush to find him? Just little things that make it less obvious?

It's going to be a cliffhanger finale. Allison will screw the CIA and the bomb will or won't go off. Carrie will be in the middle and Quinn's life will hang in the balance.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 15 Dec 2015, 4:19 am

OK I have to agree the plotlines are getting a bit far-fetched : One might think they've borrowed the scriptwriters from Archer...

But hey - we're all still watching it : Unlike most I'm rather enjoying this season - different location , few new characters (and OTT story , but what's new ?)

No spoilers after the latest ; but a couple of random comments : That Alison is a piece of work ; and it is definitely time for Saul to retire and write his memoirs...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Tue 15 Dec 2015, 9:52 am

I watched it last night (the latest), definitely agree on Allison, the bitch has got balls.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 23 Dec 2015, 12:53 pm

And so it was all wrapped up in the final episode with an ending which will perhaps not please everyone... Actually on reflection I quite liked it but others may not agree. It is a feature of this show that final episodes often seem to be a bit of an anti-climax : perhaps producing an "ending" in case it really is the end , while at the same time leaving room for another season , is a bit of a problem for the writers.
Alistair tells us two more seasons are now guaranteed ; so it is just as well they left enough of the cast alive to continue...though I am not sure quite how they intend to proceed from the situation in place at the end of this one...

Enjoyed this season: actually found the setting in Germany a refreshing change. I will certainly be watching the next .

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 23 Dec 2015, 2:37 pm

Alfie you tease!

I've not read the spoilers, decided to wait and enjoy the Finale.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Dec 2015, 10:13 pm

Think this season ending would be a good time to call it a day, feels the 'right' ending. Usually they leave so many questions unanswered, but this finale basically wrapped everything up pretty quickly. Knew it wouldn't be a action packed episode, knew the gas wouldn't go off either, so an anti climax was inevitable. A relationship with Otto doesn't really excite me & again next series will no doubt be slow, as a new story will need to be developed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Dec 2015, 2:24 pm

Too much of a money-maker to call it a day.

I'd agree, felt like a good ending to close the chapter on this now, but the producers left the 'opportunity' of Carrie going back to the CIA & developing a new relationship with Otto. Quinn is either dead or a vegetable now, think they made a mistake with him this season, thought he was wasted throughout, when in reality, he was probably the most popular cast member of the show, so killing him off, won't do the show any favours in the long run. I never really accepted the Allison stuff from the get-go & her death was pretty lame too, seeing as the Russians knew the 52 year old bloke was with the CIA/Saul & would of told them where Allison was going etc.

Decent series, nothing more than that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 04 Jan 2016, 12:16 pm

The whole episode was an anti-climax. The bomb incident lasted all of 5 minutes; what was the point in that? You knew Allison was going to die as soon as she said to the doctor about how important she was.

Still a few open questions, but it doesn't leave me begging for Season 6.

I don't think Quinn is dead; i think he wakes up. If he doesn't, and she has offed him i'll be disappointed. With Brody long gone, she needs that 'connection' with a character; and it just isn't there with Saul; too many unanswered questions.

If i was them, i'd have Quinn survive, albeit with issues, and then to start Season 6 i'd have her, Quinn and Brody's Baby at home, enjoying a normal life. Saul part of her life etc; then have some sort of terrorist attack that kills Saul. Dar turns to Carrie for help and you have her back in.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Mar 2017, 10:21 pm

Anyone still watching this? Think this season might be the best in years

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon 20 Mar 2017, 10:11 am

Still have this weeks episode to watch but would agree in top form again

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 22 Mar 2017, 10:13 am

Just working my way through this one having been away - looking pretty interesting after Ep 4 thumbsup

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 28 Mar 2017, 7:26 am

Caught up...keeps getting better and episode seven complicating all further.

That Dar is a piece of work...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum