The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Steve McNamarra the right coach to take England Forward ?

4 posters

Go down

Is Steve McNamarra the right coach to take England Forward ? Empty Is Steve McNamarra the right coach to take England Forward ?

Post by Kenny Wed 07 Mar 2012, 5:00 pm

Given last years performances and the the not so inspiring Elite squad that has been announced , my question is is McNamarra the right coach ?

For me NO and given there isn't really another stand out English coach to take over do we need to be looking to a Aussie or New Zealander ?

Personally i think the RFL should go all out to convince Wayne Bennett to come in with a English coach working alongside him .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Is Steve McNamarra the right coach to take England Forward ? Empty Re: Is Steve McNamarra the right coach to take England Forward ?

Post by Luke Thu 08 Mar 2012, 1:24 am

No, i never thought he was the right man for the job, and nothing he has done has changed my mind.
If i could have any coach i would take Tony Smith straight away.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Is Steve McNamarra the right coach to take England Forward ? Empty Re: Is Steve McNamarra the right coach to take England Forward ?

Post by Kenny Thu 08 Mar 2012, 3:52 pm

What do think it will take for the RFL to replace him ? in that i meen we are no closer to winning the 4 nations or the world cup for that matter so wouls we have to lose every match ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Thu 08 Mar 2012, 4:21 pm

Imo no he was never the right man for England I don't even think he was the right man for Bradford at the time he was there. Wayne Bennet would be the best coach England could possibly get but he has just joined the Newcastle Knights so I can't see that happening. I think England are better off going for an Aussie or Kiwi with somebody English beside him like you said. Nathan Brown maybe with Paul Cullen beside him??
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 08 Mar 2012, 5:07 pm

Dont understand what McNamarra did to get the job in the first place ?

Dont think the RFL will change anything until after the World Cup by which time im hoping Bennett would be willing to listen to what the RFL had to say .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 09 Mar 2012, 1:05 am

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:What do think it will take for the RFL to replace him ? in that i meen we are no closer to winning the 4 nations or the world cup for that matter so wouls we have to lose every match ?

I think that a really poor showing in the world cup were we didn't get out of our group will be the only way, or if we lose to the exiles and perform poorly in this years 4 nations. If we do okay i fear we could be stuck with him unfortunatly. We don't seem to have a plan going forward towards the future, it just seems so hit & miss at the moment.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 11 Mar 2012, 1:54 pm

I think England RL should have gone for Phil Gould after Tony Smith left. Yes the man has his critics, but he knows Rugby League inside out and he would have improved the England team.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down