The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew Luck or RG3 - who will win the Superbowl first?

+5
Derbyblue
Number-25
Leedscowboys
crazy_dave23
Good Golly I'm Olly
9 posters

Go down

Andrew Luck or RG3 - who will win the Superbowl first? Empty Andrew Luck or RG3 - who will win the Superbowl first?

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 10 Mar 2012, 9:06 am

After the trade between the Skins and the Rams last night, it got me thinking as to who will win a Superbowl first between these two great QB prospects.
This is assuming the Colts take Luck and the Skins RG3.

I say RG3 as the Colts are going to go through some tough rebuilding years as they change form the old guard to a new generation where as Washington is more playoff ready. I can even see the Skins getting a playoff berth next year and then who knows what can happen!!!

RG3 is my choice, what about yours??
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Andrew Luck or RG3 - who will win the Superbowl first? Empty Re: Andrew Luck or RG3 - who will win the Superbowl first?

Post by crazy_dave23 Sat 10 Mar 2012, 9:13 am

Interesting one.

They always say "No running QB has ever won the Superbowl" or something like that. I figure that neither the Colts or Redskins are in with a shot of the Superbowl for a few more years, by which time the Colts rebuilding process may have reached enough of a turning point for me to go with Luck... if indeed he is the second coming of Peyton Manning

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Andrew Luck or RG3 - who will win the Superbowl first? Empty Re: Andrew Luck or RG3 - who will win the Superbowl first?

Post by Leedscowboys Sat 10 Mar 2012, 9:25 am

I would say the Colts, not from a better QB point of view but for the team, you know Snyder and his Redskins will blow it by throwing money at big FA signings that just never work. Plus 2 first round picks is a lot to lose, it means the Skins will be relying on 2nd round talent to become starters, and take the place of 1st round talent.
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sat 10 Mar 2012, 10:19 am

Yeah, interesting question and a hard one to answer too since both teams have a long way to go to be considered Superbowl ready. Skins are obviously a couple of years or so further into their rebuild than the Colts so maybe that gives RG3 tge edge??

Just picking up on a couple of points though - I don't think RG3 should necessarily be classed as a running QB. No doubt his running ability give him an extra edge but he can also throw a great ball and is smart. I don't think he's a run first QB.

Re Snyder and his money - no-one was a bigger doubter than me about how hands off he could become but Shanahan and Allen are definitely making all the moves now and our recent FA acquisitions and drafting has been pretty solid. McNabb was obviously the big mistake!!

Also with regards the 1st rounders we've given up - we've managed to make good use of our recent 1st rounders to bring in the likes of Orakpo, Williams and Kerrigan. If you're smart you can find good talent in the 2nd round ans beyond - Bill Belichick has made a career out of it!

Last edited by Number-25 on Sat 10 Mar 2012, 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't type properly)

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Sat 10 Mar 2012, 10:51 am

I refer my learned colleague to Albert Haynesworth and his $100 million contract, who was cut after 2 seasons.

Belichick is a master due to the fact he is the con of a scout an ex scout and picks players for his scheme not what they did in college.
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sat 10 Mar 2012, 11:01 am

Haha!! The Fat Al debacle does still send a shiver down the spine!! In fairness to Shanahan and Allen though, they inherited that mess and had to clean it up. That was Snyder and his evil side kick Vinny Cerrato that were responsible for that one. Shanahan never hid his disdain for Fat Al and if he'd had his way would have traded him away before the Skins ever played a snap under him..... understandably, there were no takers!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Sat 10 Mar 2012, 11:22 am

I hear the Skins are going to make a run at VJAX, also to help RGIII they could get Nicks who is looking to tbe best paid OG, but its RB they need to look at wonder if they will look to Brooks who is a good RB2
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 10 Mar 2012, 11:34 am

Helu was good at RB but he does need someone else to share the load
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 10 Mar 2012, 5:24 pm

I would say Luck, just because of how the Colts did at building a team around their previous franchise quarterback Peyton Manning, they may have lost some players that they should have kept around or would have had at least some trade value (Addai and Clark) but Addai had health issues and a ton of RBs leave college every year so they should be able to find a talented replacement, they could target one of the top TEs in the second (imagine if they get Luck and Fleener) don't forget Tamme is a free agent too and may not be back. Depending on which O-linemen they retain, Massie should be around in the 3rd for tackle, some of the top guards are probably still around too and if needed someone like Brewster could be picked up in the late rounds for centre (he was expected to be one of the top centres if he had declared last year)

ollyrules wrote:Helu was good at RB but he does need someone else to share the load
Are the Redskins looking to retain Tim Hightower or letting him go to FA? Talented running backs can be picked up in the late rounds someone like Isaiah Pead out of Cincinnati will still be around on the final day of the draft and he can add to the return game too.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sat 10 Mar 2012, 5:44 pm

Derbyblue wrote:they may have lost some players that they should have kept around or would have had at least some trade value (Addai and Clark)
Sorry, but who would have given up anything for either of those guys?

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 10 Mar 2012, 5:45 pm

Lowlandbrit wrote:
Derbyblue wrote:they may have lost some players that they should have kept around or would have had at least some trade value (Addai and Clark)

Someone would have gone for Clark not so sure about Addai
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat 10 Mar 2012, 5:47 pm

you would get a 5th or 6th for either of them i'd imagine

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 10 Mar 2012, 5:54 pm

Lowlandbrit wrote:
Someone would definitely give something up for Clark, Addai may not have gone for anything but worth a shot to ask around someone may want him as a proven back up.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sat 10 Mar 2012, 10:50 pm

I can't see either winning the Super Bowl anytime soon with the Colts and the Redskins. The Colts were just plan awful last season and need plenty more than Luck to turn it around and while I think RG3 will win games in Washington, I don't see him winning a Super Bowl.

If I had to go on ability, I would pick Andrew Luck.

If I had to go on the teams they'll be playing for, I think the Redskins are in a better situation than the Colts.

(You should have added a poll at the top).

mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sun 11 Mar 2012, 9:36 pm

If its out of the two I reckon the Skins for the reason already given - we're closer to a complete team than the Colts.

And sorry Leedscowboy, but the old Snyder era of going stupid with FA is gone. Look at how much cap space we have now. We have a good D that will benefit from injured players coming back, a couple of FA signings and some fresh blood in the draft. We have to strengthen the OL, and pick up a good WR to complement and push Armstrong and Hankerson. But we already have 3 very capable backs and I suspect Helu will show what he's capable of this year.

My only real wish is that Gano gets consistent or they find a new Lohmiller that we can trust in. Never undervalue a good kicker.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down