The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mrs Marple and the USA

5 posters

Go down

Mrs Marple and the USA Empty Mrs Marple and the USA

Post by TipToes88 Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:47 pm

Did anyone read on Yahoo today who the Americanskis cast to play Mrs Marple in the remake? You would think they would go for somebody mature, wise and a little bit English countrysideish. Instead they cast 30 something blistering sex pot Jennifer Garner.

I really really dont get it

Do Americains have to destroy everything they steal from Britain? I'm not sure if any of you bothered watching the US version of Shameless but even William H Macey was shocking in it.

And with Being Human and (according to my beloved) Eastenders and Hollyoaks being pinched you have to wonder what their going to ruin next.

Probs more of our history, although after Ben Afleck winning the battle of Britain on his todd and Christian Slater cast as Winston Churchill ( who was apparently an American G.I. tasked with stopping the UK siding with the Nazis in WW2) I doubt there is much left they could steal.

Sorry about the rant guys. Got set off by the American in my office (who has lived in Scotland for nearly 3 years now) calling me English....again. Gonna go tell her where our haggis fields are

TipToes88

Back to top Go down

Mrs Marple and the USA Empty Re: Mrs Marple and the USA

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 29 Mar 2011, 3:15 pm

At least in the case of Christian Slater as Winston Churchill that was done with tongue firmly in cheek ("Drop yo' toolies! Ain't nobody leaving this bitch!") but with the majority of the other cases it'll all be played straight.

And thanks for reminding me TipToes, got to go check on the latest haggis crop! Wink

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 22 Jan 2015, 2:57 pm

TipToes88 wrote:Did anyone read on Yahoo today who the Americanskis cast to play Mrs Marple in the remake? You would think they would go for somebody mature, wise and a little bit English countrysideish. Instead they cast 30 something blistering sex pot Jennifer Garner.

Do Americains have to destroy everything they steal from Britain? I'm not sure if any of you bothered watching the US version of Shameless but even William H Macey was shocking in it.

And with Being Human and (according to my beloved) Eastenders and Hollyoaks being pinched you have to wonder what their going to ruin next.

Probs more of our history, although after Ben Afleck winning the battle of Britain on his todd and Christian Slater cast as Winston Churchill ( who was apparently an American G.I. tasked with stopping the UK siding with the Nazis in WW2) I doubt there is much left they could steal.

Sorry about the rant guys. Got set off by the American in my office (who has lived in Scotland for nearly 3 years now) calling me English....again. Gonna go tell her where our haggis fields are

Jennifer Garner playing Miss marple !! ..........Where/ When ??.................Apparently Jim Carrey is playing Sherlock Holmes too !!

How many "Friends" rip offs has there been over here ??....How many "Married with Children" rip offs have there been ??? Who can remember the Brighton Belles ripping off The Golden Girls ?? No ??? Probably cause it ws crap !!...

Used to be a crap show over here called "The Upper hand"......Funny could have swore I saw the same show "Who's the boss" growing up.............Strange that !!

The Apprentice is one of your biggest shows ....Where did that start ??...

I don't know who that guy is in your Office................But I like him................

You Sir are a prize idiot !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 22 Jan 2015, 3:42 pm

TipToes88 wrote:Did anyone read on Yahoo today who the Americanskis cast to play Mrs Marple in the remake? You would think they would go for somebody mature, wise and a little bit English countrysideish. Instead they cast 30 something blistering sex pot Jennifer Garner.

Is she hot?

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 22 Jan 2015, 3:44 pm

In fairness the American Inbetweeners was shocking.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 22 Jan 2015, 4:03 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Jennifer Garner playing Miss marple !! ..........Where/ When ??.................Apparently Jim Carrey is playing Sherlock Holmes too !!

How many "Friends" rip offs has there been over here ??....How many "Married with Children" rip offs have there been ??? Who can remember the Brighton Belles ripping off The Golden Girls ??  No ??? Probably cause it ws crap !!...

Used to be a crap show over here called "The Upper hand"......Funny could have swore I saw the same show "Who's the boss" growing up.............Strange that !!

The Apprentice is one of your biggest shows ....Where did that start ??...

I don't know who that guy is in your Office................But I like him................

You Sir are a prize idiot !!
I remember watching this at the time and couldnt believe how bad it was!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Married_for_Life

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jan 2015, 4:05 pm

Would like to see an American version of "Citizen Khan". Call it "Taliban and Jerry's". Basically, as long as the British original is taken off our screens, I'm happy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 22 Jan 2015, 5:11 pm

and it's Miss Marple.................even I know that !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum