The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey

+6
NedB-H
oldparwin
drive4show
McLaren
redmonkey80
jordan
10 posters

Go down

Casey Empty Casey

Post by jordan Sat 29 Jan 2011, 7:08 pm

Glad to see casey doing well, however I don't think he'll be too happy with golf365's article

http://www.golf365.com/news_story/0,17923,9785_6708948,00.html

Hanson's ryder cup teammate?! I must've been watching the wrong ryder cup!!

jordan

Back to top Go down

Casey Empty Re: Casey

Post by redmonkey80 Sat 29 Jan 2011, 7:12 pm

I still see him as a genuine contender for europe's No1 golfer at the end of the year as most of last year he was injured

redmonkey80

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 29 Jan 2011, 7:12 pm

Does Casey have US pga tour membership?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan Sat 29 Jan 2011, 7:16 pm

Didn't know that if he wins he becomes world number 5.

Sorry guys, not introduced myself, I'm Jordan, I asked what details I need to give for the contact list last night but no reply? I'm from Anstruther, Fife, anybody on here stay close?

jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sat 29 Jan 2011, 7:33 pm

Hi Jordan

I posted at the top of the thread, just send an email to golfer606@hotmail.co.uk and I'll get back to you with the details :cheers:

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan Sat 29 Jan 2011, 7:36 pm

D4S, cheers, will do.

jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 29 Jan 2011, 8:23 pm

jordan wrote:Didn't know that if he wins he becomes world number 5.

Sorry guys, not introduced myself, I'm Jordan, I asked what details I need to give for the contact list last night but no reply? I'm from Anstruther, Fife, anybody on here stay close?

You lucky git, never mind being close to St Andrews and many other magic golf locations you have the anstruther fish bar on your door step. That place is amazing, the best fish and chip shop ever. The battered calamari rings are so good.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan Sat 29 Jan 2011, 8:27 pm

McLaren wrote:
jordan wrote:Didn't know that if he wins he becomes world number 5.

You lucky git, never mind being close to St Andrews and many other magic golf locations you have the anstruther fish bar on your door step. That place is amazing, the best fish and chip shop ever. The battered calamari rings are so good.

Mclaren, aye you canny beat a fish supper from Anstruther, although I am a student in Edinburgh and a boy that used to work in the fish bar owns the tailend chippy, on par i would say! When im home in Anstruther I have a good chippy and when im in Edinburgh I have a good chippy! Best of both worlds!!!

jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 29 Jan 2011, 8:30 pm

I only just graduated from edinburgh uni in recent times. Will have to check out the tailend chippy. There is no way it can compete with anstruthers variation of fish and seafood available.

Where do you play your golf in the city?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan Sat 29 Jan 2011, 9:18 pm

McLaren wrote:I only just graduated from edinburgh uni in recent times. Will have to check out the tailend chippy. There is no way it can compete with anstruthers variation of fish and seafood available.

Where do you play your golf in the city?

Its down leith walk mate just past the tesco on brunswick street, brilliant! I've not actually played golf in the city as I've just been coming home most weekends, me and my boss were maybe going to join Duddingston this year? What courses would you recommend? I'm at Queen Margaret and heard Musselburgh is decent value for money although not the best course obviously?

jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sat 29 Jan 2011, 9:27 pm

Jordan

just replied to your email. There are a couple of you guys in the Edinburgh area now. ban_bam plays at Duddingston!

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Sat 29 Jan 2011, 9:31 pm

Sitting here sipping a wee dram, and the thought of an Anstruther smokey is making my mouth water, its the holly grail of smokeys :party:

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 29 Jan 2011, 9:59 pm

I guess duddingston is not a bad shout, in all honesty from the courses I have played in Edinburgh not many would make my favourites list. The two I have not played that may be ok are the bruntsfield links golfing society and royal burgess. My favourite is Braid hills, which is part of the Edinburgh leisure council course set up.

Which Musselburgh course do you mean, the old 9 hole one is a blast. The other is a bit of a typical parkland lay out.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan Sat 29 Jan 2011, 10:19 pm

McLaren wrote:I guess duddingston is not a bad shout, in all honesty from the courses I have played in Edinburgh not many would make my favourites list. The two I have not played that may be ok are the bruntsfield links golfing society and royal burgess. My favourite is Braid hills, which is part of the Edinburgh leisure council course set up.

Which Musselburgh course do you mean, the old 9 hole one is a blast. The other is a bit of a typical parkland lay out.

I may have a look at Braid Hills mate, never really heard of it, yeah the 9 hole I've heard is brilliant, don't think its too expensive either.

jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Sat 29 Jan 2011, 10:43 pm

McLaren wrote:Does Casey have US pga tour membership?
yeah he does mac.

And calamari rings?!? What sort of pretentious chippy are we talking about here?

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 29 Jan 2011, 10:49 pm

It is not pretentious at all, surprisingly. It just offers a great choice of fish which is what all chip shops should do. I was already a bit of a hippy when it came to fish choices but after watching Hughs fish fight I am a fully signed up convert. I also studied the economics of the common fisheries policy at uni and to say it is a joke is an understatement.

I think there is a course at Anstruther, I seem to remember my dad telling me about it. Jordan or anyone have you played it and what is it like.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Casey Empty Casey

Post by Navigator Sat 29 Jan 2011, 11:09 pm

Anyway,much as like to hear about golf in the Lothians, lets get back to to Casey. I think he is a wonderfully talented golfer and to see him win a major would be something else. However, I do wonder if he has what it takes to 'cross the finishing line'. I don't beleive he is a choker I just think he loses interest if things start going wrong and doesn't have a mental Plan B to change things. Of course you don't have to win a major to be golf's No1. Although it helps. Good luck to Casey and all other Eu Tour players in thier quest for major success in 2011.
Nav

Navigator

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 29 Jan 2011, 11:49 pm

Man you must be a real golf geek to prefer talk of casey over fish and chips. Wink
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Casey Empty Casey

Post by Navigator Sun 30 Jan 2011, 12:10 am

Good point. however, I've had my T and further talk of grub might make me boak. What's your opinion about Casey?

Navigator

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 30 Jan 2011, 12:16 am

Navigator wrote:
Good point. however, I've had my T and further talk of grub might make me boak. What's your opinion about Casey?

I bit of a robot really, and not the interesting bender type robot more the monotonous car plant robot. Golfing wise I dont really see him getting any better or in fact any worse in the near future. I think he will maintain his level, win the odd event and that's not bad thing as he does ok as far as I am concerned.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan Sun 30 Jan 2011, 8:31 am

McLaren wrote:It is not pretentious at all, surprisingly. It just offers a great choice of fish which is what all chip shops should do. I was already a bit of a hippy when it came to fish choices but after watching Hughs fish fight I am a fully signed up convert. I also studied the economics of the common fisheries policy at uni and to say it is a joke is an understatement.

I think there is a course at Anstruther, I seem to remember my dad telling me about it. Jordan or anyone have you played it and what is it like.

Sorry to go off topic again but didn't want to be rude and not answer your question McLaren. Yeah there is a 9 hole course here thats where I play my home golf, the 5th hole is a par 3 which was voted Britain's toughest par 3 a couple of years back by Today's Golfer, sea on the left and gorse and cliffs on the right! Even the low handicappers will take two 4's there in a medal!

As for Casey, wish him all the best today but I would like to see Manaserro have a blinder and take another trophy.

jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 30 Jan 2011, 1:13 pm

Is anstruther on links land or is it higher up above the cliffs?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun 30 Jan 2011, 2:05 pm

Great to see Casey close one out today. His first win in over a year I think.

Wasn't sure he could do it if I'm honest, but I'm glad he did. Well deserved win

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by jordan Mon 31 Jan 2011, 10:09 am

McLaren wrote:Is anstruther on links land or is it higher up above the cliffs?

Anstruther's on links land mate.

jordan

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 01 Feb 2011, 2:48 pm

Yes, nice to see Casey win albeit he almost threw it away on the back nine. Only two fortunate releifs after dreadful shots into the desert, as well as disastrous putting from MAJ, in reality saved his victory.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by graeme Wed 02 Feb 2011, 4:01 pm

hi jordan, welcome. although i stay in cupar, i play at crail. still not played anst'er which is a bit of a sin. give me a shout if you fancy a game at crail.

graeme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down