The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 4 Empty The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Pal Joey on Mon 23 Apr 2012, 10:18 am

First topic message reminder :

by Big Daddy Bee on Sat Jan 29 2011, 05:39
So then people what really annoys you.

No matter how big or trivial it is, this is the thread to vent your anger and annoyance.

Last thread: http://www.606v2.com/t199p950-the-that-really-grinds-my-gears-thread

Last edited by Linebreaker on Sat 05 Oct 2013, 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by TopHat24/7 on Tue 22 May 2012, 2:46 pm

And poor quality prevails.....

As long as you haven't munched your way through half your meal, if it really is bad you should just refuse to pay and/or ask to be brought something different.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue 22 May 2012, 3:11 pm

You're right, TopHat, but in this country we don't like to make a fuss, do we?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu 24 May 2012, 4:10 pm

No. Stiff upper lip, what what!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 25 May 2012, 10:30 am

Headline on the BBC website:

TURKEY POLICE HIT BY EXPLOSION.

They're not the Turkey Police, they're the Turkish Police. The Turkey Police sounds like something set up by Bernard Matthews!

Wording affects meaning. Write what you mean! steam

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam on Fri 25 May 2012, 1:38 pm

that stupid direct line advert with the van man.

Steve, I've rang u by mistake, STEEEVVVE STEEEVVOOOO!

What's that accent that's rubbish, repair your van within 7 days

Nice one Steve (In a realy annoying immature accent)

I always wonder who makes these adverts, do they genuinely think they and people find them funny, honestly the only funny adverts for Peter Kay's for John Smiths and the john west ones where the bear fights the fisherman

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Fri 25 May 2012, 1:53 pm

It comes in waves... those irritating voices on ads.

There's this OK actor who's been around for over 10 years now but some bright spark has decided he'd be good doing voice previews for upcoming TV series.

He sounds so annoying... trying to make it sound so BIG with this fake deep voice.... pausing for extra effect. It's got to the point now where he's doing other commercials with the same irritating tone. Well, to me anyway.

The other one which gets me is this whiney bloke with the most awful Aussie (overdone) accent dealing with outdoor things like tables and chairs, patios, fences and circular saws. He really grinds my gears. Pushy little bloke too - pointing his nail gun everywhere and sounding like a major annoyance.

Well guess what? - He couldn't sell me a bloody nail! Not interested.... go away and get lost you pain in the neck!thumbsup
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 25 May 2012, 1:56 pm

Martyr, that bloke is one of the most deeply annoying people I've ever seen in my life. I'm glad you feel the same about him!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam on Fri 25 May 2012, 4:29 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Martyr, that bloke is one of the most deeply annoying people I've ever seen in my life. I'm glad you feel the same about him!

Oh I know he tries to be this stereotypical van man then actually sounds quite posh, its just the 'Nice one Steve' really does 'Grind My Gears!!!', why do people who make these adverts think that its funny.

I also find the barclays adverts with Steve Merchant completely unfunny. I like Steve Merchant as well but God do I hate them.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue 29 May 2012, 8:36 am

Here's something that annoys me: this season at the Dragons, we've had a new stadium announcer. Just before kick-off, he shouts, "support the Dragons proud and shout out loud!" It annoys me because it's bad English. What he should say is, "support the Dragons proudly". I hope someone tells him before the start of next season.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer on Tue 29 May 2012, 10:52 am

I'm guessing he is trying to copy Ali at Cardiff City football games who always shouts "Support the Boys and Make Some Noise!" before games. Doesn't quite have the same ring to it though!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue 29 May 2012, 11:18 am

In any case, I object to being told to cheer for anything. Give me reason to cheer and I'll cheer.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer on Tue 29 May 2012, 1:33 pm

You could be waiting a while at the Dragons Whistle

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Tue 29 May 2012, 1:38 pm

You just made yourself a very weak enemy! boxing

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Tue 29 May 2012, 1:39 pm

When you are doing something and people say I might need your help in a minute. You say ok call me when you're ready. Then when they call you and yo get there they ain't ready!!! furious
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Wed 30 May 2012, 12:36 pm

I hate it when you hire a skip and fill that said skip only for people to think its ok to thrown their own cr@p onto it without asking

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 30 May 2012, 2:18 pm

We have a skip at work. One morning last week, there was a bed in it. I don't work for a bed company.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Wed 30 May 2012, 3:21 pm

Its mad what people get away with if they want to get rid of stuff get their own skip

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly on Thu 31 May 2012, 7:23 am

What really grinds my gears is having neighbours with young kids that keep an eye on your house. As soon as the light goes on in your house or they see that you drive home, Bang babysitter is home Sad
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 31 May 2012, 7:37 am

Do they pay you for this service, Billy?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly on Thu 31 May 2012, 10:28 am

Not a chance Lucky, thats why it grinds my gears Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer on Thu 31 May 2012, 11:13 am

Tell them you're going out/busy/can't be bothered?

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Thu 31 May 2012, 11:14 am

Just keep playing Gary Glitter CD's over and over again

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 31 May 2012, 12:14 pm

Laugh

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari on Thu 31 May 2012, 8:05 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:I hate it when you hire a skip and fill that said skip only for people to think its ok to thrown their own cr@p onto it without asking

Around here some people empty it for you as well if you've got stuff worth nicking. When next door was renovating his house, every single tile that had been on the roof and placed into the skip was gone by the next morning. Every so often a random van would pull up and the occupants would have a rummage through the skip with a magnet, take what they want and go.

On a similar note, I hate it when stupid people put their rubbish out too late/early, then other people just add to it and it becomes a mini-tip in the street. Even passers by just randomly throw their litter onto the bin bags, and there's a bloody waste bin across the road. It's annoying around here because the seagulls go through the rubbish and it usually ends up all over the place. It's disgusting.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 01 Jun 2012, 7:47 am

I remember it being like that when I lived in Cardiff, there'd be litter on the pavements for days after collection. The council didn't provide bins though - it's asking for trouble when all the rubbish is just sitting there in plastic bags. Do they provide bins these days?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer on Fri 01 Jun 2012, 8:15 am

Yeah, nearly all areas of Cardiff have now got bins for garden, food and general waste. I think the only areas where this isn't done is is where there are no front gardens or access to the rear of the property. The difference it has made to the streets around bin days - especially in student areas is really noticeable!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Fri 01 Jun 2012, 9:57 am

Around here some people empty it for you as well if you've got stuff worth nicking. When next door was renovating his house, every single tile that had been on the roof and placed into the skip was gone by the next morning. Every so often a random van would pull up and the occupants would have a rummage through the skip with a magnet, take what they want and go.

They were probably pikeys, Cari, they do it over here too, they drive around in a van and take stuff out of skips that is worth selling

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 01 Jun 2012, 11:49 am

And not just from skips, Dicey. People have had stuff nicked from their front gardens - kids' bikes, pushchairs, things like that.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Fri 01 Jun 2012, 11:59 am

They are big into breaking into houses around were I live especially since the ressession hit

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 01 Jun 2012, 1:19 pm

Ah, theft. It's quite a buzz. Those days are behind me now. Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:08 pm

Laugh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent on Sat 02 Jun 2012, 3:24 am

eirebilly wrote:Who is Jessie J?

She can do it like a dude.

Solo artist, first song good, the rest absolutely Poopie

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari on Sun 03 Jun 2012, 3:27 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:And not just from skips, Dicey. People have had stuff nicked from their front gardens - kids' bikes, pushchairs, things like that.

There's a big supermarket up the road from work, and one night a lorry pulled up and some thieves loaded in every single trolley that was in the car park into the back and nicked the lot for scrap. Had to admit I did chuckle a bit at that...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari on Sun 03 Jun 2012, 3:31 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I remember it being like that when I lived in Cardiff, there'd be litter on the pavements for days after collection. The council didn't provide bins though - it's asking for trouble when all the rubbish is just sitting there in plastic bags. Do they provide bins these days?

Depends where you live. We were offered bins, but most properties can't have wheelie bins in this street because there's no rear access from the road. Residents would have to drag bins through the house, and because it's a main road, they can't be stored out the front all the time. We have small compost bins for food waste but half the street doesn't use theirs or they get nicked. I saw three drunk women walking off using these bins as handbags once. They thought it was hilarious, but they just made me cross because it's my council tax paying for those! mad The guy across the road from me threw his out as well. I was seriously considering grassing him up for it. I mean, if you don't want to use it, phone the council to take it away, don't chuck it out because it's not your property. Hopefully he'll get found out anyway cause they all have barcodes on.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Fri 22 Jun 2012, 12:20 am

The Indonesian justice system.

In about 2004, a silly Australian girl tries to smuggle in some weed in a boogie board. Sentenced to 20 years. (recently got a few years taken off her sentence)

Patel - the smiling, smirking guy who helped organise the 2002 Bali bombings which killed 200 people and another bomb in Jakarta in 2000 which killed about 20 people. Sentenced to 20 years.

What really ground my gears was some comment from Patel "apologising to his victims". Really? How does one do that?

Not excusing Corby for her stupidity but there is a huge difference between those two crimes in my opinion.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig on Fri 22 Jun 2012, 8:08 pm

People who walk side by side on a pavement really slowly, ensuring no one can get past them.

People who get annoyed by kids being loud and unruly - they're kids, they're meant to be loud and unruly.

Families with small children who decide to sit in the quiet zone in trains - I know your kids are meant to be loud and unruly, but this is a QUIET CARRIAGE.

People who think long prison sentences work as deterrents...

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari on Fri 22 Jun 2012, 8:14 pm

People who just cannot close a door without slamming it shut. Is that really a difficult thing to do - use the handle to close the door quietly? Headscratch

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Mon 25 Jun 2012, 7:46 am

So I was driving along Cardiff Road on the way to work this morning and a bloke in a BMW goes into the bus lane to undertake me (I was doing 30mph, which is the limit). I end up behind him as we wait to turn off onto Mendalgief Road, which is a 20mph zone. Lo and behold, the sign flashes up that he's doing 33mph along there. It didn't really grind my gears because I see driving like that all the time, but what makes this Muppet think he's above the rules of the road?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Mon 25 Jun 2012, 8:31 am

Its because he has a BMW/ Mercedes - he has to drive like that to appease the gods of being a Richard.

They also can park in handicap/ parent car park spaces with inpunity. Its in the highway code somewhere. True story.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Mon 25 Jun 2012, 8:39 am

Ah, I must have skipped a page.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by GG on Mon 25 Jun 2012, 11:14 am

Adam D wrote:Its because he has a BMW/ Mercedes - he has to drive like that to appease the gods of being a Richard.

They also can park in handicap/ parent car park spaces with inpunity. Its in the highway code somewhere. True story.

They can park on double yellows too, and don't have to indicate.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Mon 25 Jun 2012, 11:31 am

That has to be the most annoying thing I see on the road - people not indicating. What makes it annoying is that it's so easy to indicate and every single person on the road will have been taught to indicate, it's just that some bustards have decided not to bother. I dislike these people intensely.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Mon 25 Jun 2012, 12:24 pm

Apparently, Taxi drivers take the light bulbs out of their indicator panels on their cabs, in case they have a lapse in morals and actually hit the indicator lever.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Mon 25 Jun 2012, 12:26 pm

Taxis don't have indicator levers. They take those out when they fit the meter.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Mon 25 Jun 2012, 12:33 pm

I remember driving along this country road in central NSW for about 50kms and eventually arrived at an intersection in the middle of nowhere.

I indicated.... and then immediately wondered why I'd done that when there wasn't a car for miles. It's a reflex thing. I just always do it, no matter where.

Maybe didn't have to in the story above but it's always better to be on the safe side. It's like when you see an accident out there and think how unlucky the timing must have been when there's hardly any traffic for miles... someone probably didn't indicate?
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Mon 25 Jun 2012, 12:37 pm

It's the same for me, Breaker. I was taught to do it, I've always done it, I just do it as a matter of course. Those who don't indicate must, at some point, have decided to stop indicating.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz on Wed 27 Jun 2012, 3:27 pm

Hapless Freegan wrote:It's the same for me, Breaker. I was taught to do it, I've always done it, I just do it as a matter of course. Those who don't indicate must, at some point, have decided to stop indicating.

Or just don't know how to, which seems to be the case at roundabouts.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Wed 27 Jun 2012, 3:40 pm

There should be some kind of invisible forcefield - between lanes, at junctions and on roundabouts - that only lets you through if you've indicated. People would soon learn.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Wed 27 Jun 2012, 3:54 pm

Trade Unions and anyone that goes on strike.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu on Mon 02 Jul 2012, 8:12 am

People, usually non-smokers, who put used tissues in ashtrays. The next person who wants to use the ashtray for its actual purpose has to lift it out and put it on the table, so why not just put it on the table in the first place? Or even in a bin?

I'm sure they'd complain if I just flicked ash on the table. Smokers have lost a lot of freedom already and whatever anyone's personal thoughts on this, the ashtray is still our territory, so back off! furious
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum