The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by The Loaded Dog on Mon Apr 23 2012, 10:18

First topic message reminder :

by Big Daddy Bee on Sat Jan 29 2011, 05:39
So then people what really annoys you.

No matter how big or trivial it is, this is the thread to vent your anger and annoyance.

Last thread: http://www.606v2.com/t199p950-the-that-really-grinds-my-gears-thread

Last edited by Linebreaker on Sat Oct 05 2013, 20:55; edited 1 time in total

The Loaded Dog

Back to top Go down

Re: The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Wed Dec 19 2012, 09:33

They have to it or they would be branded racist by some jumped up government minister who is more interested in statistics than how it actually impacts people on the real world.

How half those people get through interviews us beyond me.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Wed Dec 19 2012, 09:39

Lumbering_Jack wrote:They have to it or they would be branded racist by some jumped up government minister who is more interested in statistics than how it actually impacts people on the real world.

How half those people get through interviews us beyond me.

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head. Would love a flamethrower & chainsaw & half an hour with the pc brigade for Xmas.

Galted

Location: I live next to Greenwich Park now, you can come and visit but you must call first.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Wed Dec 19 2012, 09:40

Galted wrote:Companies who employ people with incomprehensible accents when part of the job entails making public announcements. I'm not referring to employees at various London stations at all.

Haha there was a guy at Finsbury Park station last night who made a long (1-2 min) announcement in an absolutely incomprehensible sub-continental Asian accent. So absurd I could only giggle to myself about it.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London on Wed Dec 19 2012, 09:49

There is a funny guy who sometimes does the announcements at Victoria in a great West indian accent. Doesn't grind my gears, in fact it makes me smile!

So to counter that good feeling. Why do people honk their horns in traffic jams? You can't move!

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Wed Dec 19 2012, 09:58

Without sounding all Nick Griffin like these people really shouldn't be allowed in the country under normal circumstances unless they can hold a conversation at a standard level.

Our immigration policy is an ass anyway so until that changes these things will happen.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Wed Dec 19 2012, 09:59

Bathman_in_London wrote:There is a funny guy who sometimes does the announcements at Victoria in a great West indian accent. Doesn't grind my gears, in fact it makes me smile!

So to counter that good feeling. Why do people honk their horns in traffic jams? You can't move!

Because they are idiots?

Also, why do cars think it is acceptable to park in cycle lanes. Had some fella shout out his window last night that I was a bike and I should get off the road as I have no right being there.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR on Wed Dec 19 2012, 10:27

Gangnam Style. Was mildly amusing about a year ago when it came out but since then has been overplayed and now BBC News seem to have picked up on it with a non-story almost every day about someone doing the dances. Hilarious. Not

But worst of all: the managers "hilariously" dancing it at our Christmas Do. They thought it was so funny they emailed everyone who was lucky enough not to see it about it. Sadly what most people think is it was a vomit-inducing attempt by people who are normally total @rses to show how in touch they are.

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Wed Dec 19 2012, 14:05

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:3 bags of crisps and a snickers.

Washed down with a Diet Coke?

2 bottles of Pepsi max and 2 more bags of crisps. She is still going strong.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny on Wed Dec 19 2012, 15:21

Supermarkets who have put there Easter eggs out already !

Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Wed Dec 19 2012, 16:08

Surely not...

I we wonder why kids are so fat these days.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR on Wed Dec 19 2012, 16:20

Kenny wrote:Supermarkets who have put there Easter eggs out already !

I thought I saw that in a shop the other day, but I had a closer look at the dates and they were still clearly trying to sell this year's Easter eggs - at full price as well!

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam on Wed Dec 19 2012, 16:56

Sorry off topic, just to spread a bit of festive laughter, for you team amercia fans Wink :

Spoiler:
http://hadtolol.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/demov-ror.jpg

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam on Wed Dec 19 2012, 16:57

When you pull in to allow a car to come through, and they don't acknowledge you've gone out of your way to give them the space to come through. All you want is the little hand salute to say thank you and its fine, but when people just drive on past and don't even look at you furious

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari on Wed Dec 19 2012, 17:41

That reminds me of a gag by comedian John Bishop. "Wonderbras are like easter eggs. They look big at first, but when you take the packaging off you're lucky to get a mouthfull" Laugh

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 19 2012, 18:05

mad ridiclous that stores do that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu Dec 20 2012, 08:54

Liam wrote:When you pull in to allow a car to come through, and they don't acknowledge you've gone out of your way to give them the space to come through. All you want is the little hand salute to say thank you and its fine, but when people just drive on past and don't even look at you furious

I hate that. I should really make a note of their number plate and not let them through the next time.

Some drivers are like that, though. We all share the roads, but these t0ssers don't care about anyone but themselves.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu Dec 20 2012, 09:37

Liam wrote:When you pull in to allow a car to come through, and they don't acknowledge you've gone out of your way to give them the space to come through. All you want is the little hand salute to say thank you and its fine, but when people just drive on past and don't even look at you furious

Jason Manford's stand-up on that is hilarious. "Where's my thank-you wave?!! mad " Laugh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Thu Dec 20 2012, 09:55

Cari wrote:

That reminds me of a gag by comedian John Bishop. "Wonderbras are like easter eggs. They look big at first, but when you take the packaging off you're lucky to get a mouthfull" Laugh

Laugh Laugh Laugh +1 thumbsup

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Fri Dec 21 2012, 08:32

Typing out a long response on 606 v2 & getting a "no post mode specified" message or whatever it is. Is there any way to recover what you've typed?

Galted

Location: I live next to Greenwich Park now, you can come and visit but you must call first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri Dec 21 2012, 08:38

I've never had that, but quite a few times I'm almost at the end of a long post and something happens and I go back to the forum and there's no sign of my message. It's annoying as hell!

Speaking of annoying: Brian Blessed. He and his stupid voice are on telly far too often for my liking. Have you ever seen him interviewed? He's an ass.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Fri Dec 21 2012, 08:47

He is a bit of a t1t, has made the odd episode of HIGNFY & QI unwatchable. I get really sick of loud & unfunny actors we're supposed to regard as delightfully eccentric & even more sick of their stupid anecdotes & anecdotes about them. I like Stephen Fry but he's one of the worst culprits with dull stories about actors' quotes & stage jinks.

Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey on Fri Dec 21 2012, 08:49

Galted wrote:Typing out a long response on 606 v2 & getting a "no post mode specified" message or whatever it is. Is there any way to recover what you've typed?

With google chrome, if you just press back it has usually kept your message in tact. I know in Internet Explorer it's lost.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri Dec 21 2012, 08:49

What's worst about Brian Blessed is that he's being indulged. He's been on a few programmes with Stephen Fry and he laughs like a drain at everything Brian Blessed does. Someone needs to tell him to shut up!

Oh, I also can't stand Phill Jupitus. I haven't watched Never Mind the Buzzcocks for years, but when Mark Lamarr used to host it, Phill Jupitus was such a kiss-arse it was embarassing.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Fri Dec 21 2012, 08:55

@ Crimey - cheers

@ LP - Phil Jupitus does make the odd funny comment but unfortunately his greatest fan is himself. The episode of QI with the applause-meter was classic when everyone except him managed to get it through the roof, his desperation was pitiful.

Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Fri Dec 21 2012, 09:01

Hangovers....

I know the obvious answer is to not have 12 pints, but what else am I meant to do on a Thursday Xmas night out.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri Dec 21 2012, 09:09

The thing about hangovers is that you feel so bad that you tell yourself, 'never again' but it's not long before you're in the same situation again!

I swear by Lucozade. Lucozade and corn-based crisps.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey on Fri Dec 21 2012, 09:56

Or, after a big night, just before you go to sleep, drink a big glass of water. It usually helps.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri Dec 21 2012, 10:37

Sometimes I remember to do that, sometimes I don't. But it does help.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero on Fri Dec 21 2012, 10:56

I've managed to program it into my sub-conscious like the ability to somehow find my way home which is helpful the morning afterwards.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Fri Dec 21 2012, 11:23

Crimey wrote:Or, after a big night, just before you go to sleep, drink a big glass of water. It usually helps.

What about a meal for 2 from the Chinese. Consumed by one.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce on Fri Dec 21 2012, 13:48

Professional Football Players who flaunt their wealth by buying tasteless junk. And then hurl abuse at us "mere mortals". Thingies.

I heard a story that there was a local footballer in a nightclub queue and he wasn't being let in before everyone and he spent his time in said queue burning £50 notes in front of the general public. What a collossal ladypart.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest on Fri Dec 21 2012, 14:07

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Hangovers....

I know the obvious answer is to not have 12 pints, but what else am I meant to do on a Thursday Xmas night out.

Its like Frank Sinatra says

"I feel sorry for people who dont drink. When they wake up thats the best they're gonna feel all day".

I like that quote.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam on Fri Dec 21 2012, 14:20

I always have a pint of water or 2 before bed after a night out. Apparantly the worst thing you can do is eat after a night out, as it takes longer then for the alcohol to leave your body or something like that. I ignore it though because a chicken shish kebab with chilli and garlic sauce or a beef curry half and half from the Chinese is just too good to turn down when your drunk. I don't get hangovers if i have water so i tend to feel fine in the morning.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Fri Dec 21 2012, 15:11

the apocalypse. it's been a massive disappointment so far.

Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari on Fri Dec 21 2012, 18:36

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:

Oh, I also can't stand Phill Jupitus. I haven't watched Never Mind the Buzzcocks for years, but when Mark Lamarr used to host it, Phill Jupitus was such a kiss-arse it was embarassing.

Did you see Phil's stand-up on Live at the Apollo a couple of week's ago on telly? He is just...well...odd. But not so much in a clever way. He just told this one elongated gag about his daughter bringing her boyfriend round to stay the night. The "gag" went on for ages, and the way he delivered it wasn't funny as he was telling the story. So he finally gets to the punchline, says it and walks off. Very odd. i think he'd be a better comedy writer than a stand-up.

Speaking of annoying comedians - Sarah Millican. Just not funny. Or maybe I don't get it...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 21 2012, 18:41

na i agree Cari, Sarah Millican isnt funny AT ALL!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Fri Dec 21 2012, 18:53

Agree, she isn't funny at all. All the she talks about is her failed love life... Well if you look like that it hardly likely to be fantastic is it. Who'd bother putting in a shift when that is the reward.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 21 2012, 18:55

Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam on Fri Dec 21 2012, 23:27

I agree, maybe its because she's the only mainstream female comedian out there and get's pushed quite allot by the BBC.

Still, don't find her funny in the slightest and without being too harsh I don't think he voice helps her cause either.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu on Sat Dec 22 2012, 05:39

Galted wrote:Typing out a long response on 606 v2 & getting a "no post mode specified" message or whatever it is. Is there any way to recover what you've typed?

I've gotten into the habit of highlighting and copying posts before I send them, just in case this happens. If it does, you can then just paste it in again.

Anyway, my local supermarket is stocking eggs and flour and it's still months before pancake day. Gets earlier every year I'm sure.

Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Sat Dec 22 2012, 08:56

Il Gialloblu wrote:Anyway, my local supermarket is stocking eggs and flour and it's still months before pancake day. Gets earlier every year I'm sure.

Laugh you did have me thinking "the b@$tards!" for a while.

Can officially say that the Apocalypse was rubbish, one of the worst I've experienced. I bet Xmas will be just as much of a disappointment.

Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by FreekShow on Sat Dec 22 2012, 12:34

Galted wrote:
Il Gialloblu wrote:Anyway, my local supermarket is stocking eggs and flour and it's still months before pancake day. Gets earlier every year I'm sure.

Laugh you did have me thinking "the b@$tards!" for a while.

Can officially say that the Apocalypse was rubbish, one of the worst I've experienced. I bet Xmas will be just as much of a disappointment.

You are LEGEND.. Laugh

FreekShow

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Sat Dec 22 2012, 12:46

Thanks Freekshow, that makes up for it.

We'll have to put it into limerick form sometime.

Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD on Sun Dec 30 2012, 04:11

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Hangovers....

Best cure I've developed is lucozade (x2), a pot noodle and a long walk.

After a night out in the town I refuse to pay for a taxi, so I go to the 24hr garage, buy a pot noodle and 2 lucozade, I drink the first while walking the 3 miles back to my house, when I get home I drink the other and eat the pot noodle, I don't drink often so have only used this 4 times but it has a 100% sucess rate.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Sun Dec 30 2012, 04:30

Dr Greg, that's a fail-safe recipe, although I'd have the two Lucozades the next morning, followed by a Pot Noodle (or more likely some crisps) and a good walk with the dog. I'd much rather write the day off and watch Attenborough programmes curled up on the sofa, but you can always watch them once you've got back from the walk.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero on Sun Dec 30 2012, 14:59

What's annoying me at present is how shops are ever so keen to stick up their decorations and Christmas paraphenalia as soon as possible but the very moment Christmas Day has passed (and we actually enter the 12 days of Christmas) then it's all whipped down and any hint of festivity is removed.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan on Fri Jan 04 2013, 13:01

I thought the Brian blessed HIGNFY episode was one the the funniest ever..

Hangover cures? 2x iprobrufen and a pint o water before bed and negative headache. Works every time for me thumbsup

What's irking me lately is rugby players nicknames given by fans. Eg..sexy toes,chilly,baby chilly, our Shane, 36. Erm

Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket on Fri Jan 04 2013, 19:37

Hero wrote:What's annoying me at present is how shops are ever so keen to stick up their decorations and Christmas paraphenalia as soon as possible but the very moment Christmas Day has passed (and we actually enter the 12 days of Christmas) then it's all whipped down and any hint of festivity is removed.

Hero - in one of my seriously grumpy moments I would not only agree but say that this was indicative of a society that can't wait and is easily bored....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu on Sat Jan 05 2013, 15:21

Following the F.A. Cup scores on the BBC, they keep using the word 'cupset'. Where has that come from? It's awful. Splicing two words together to make a new one doesn't always work.

Twunts.

Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly on Sun Jan 06 2013, 16:43

Laugh

eirebilly

http://www.facebook.com/#!/alec.ocuthel

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: