The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 19 Empty The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Pal Joey on Mon 23 Apr 2012, 11:18 am

First topic message reminder :

by Big Daddy Bee on Sat Jan 29 2011, 05:39
So then people what really annoys you.

No matter how big or trivial it is, this is the thread to vent your anger and annoyance.

Last thread: http://www.606v2.com/t199p950-the-that-really-grinds-my-gears-thread

Last edited by Linebreaker on Sat 05 Oct 2013, 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ

Back to top Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Pal Joey on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:40 pm

You need to be careful eating in an office.

I was working in Saigon in this brand new office building and one of the locals lads went out of his way to buy me the closest thing to a ham & salad roll... because he thought I must be craving western food. He came bounding up to me with it mid-morning and whacked it on a corner of my desk. It was a very nice gesture. Really nice fresh baguette roll wrapped in plastic. I should have eaten it there and then.

Then I had to go out to a meeting across town... out on the reclaimed swamps south of the city where they were building a city from scratch. I would be away for 2-3 hours only. I had left the roll on the desk and thought nothing of it before hopping in a cab. It would be there when I got back for lunch. It was an air conditioned office so it should be OK out in the open for a couple of hours at most.

Upon returning at about 12:45, I opened the doors to the 3rd floor office and saw what I thought was a large black paint, or oil streak from the far window... about 10m away from my desk.... over tables, down table legs and along the carpet... right onto my desk and my scrummy roll. They were ants! Nice big tropical meat-eating ones.

The others had already left for lunch themselves. It turns out they had come from street level, up the inside of a column... through a hole somewhere, then into the window frames. They were pouring out of there in huge numbers. The trail was a wide as your hand... packed in army ranks of these ants. 10,000s?

It took about half an hour to 45 mins to clean up. Full on emergency just because some idiot left his lunch on an office table. steam

Last edited by Linebreaker on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ

Back to top Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:44 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I bet she spends a lot of her time talking about diets and no doubt she either is or will soon be middle management.
You'll know the type.

"I just can't lose weight, my metabolism is too slow" as she eats a caramel slice for breakfast .

And yes, he is already middle management, and other than keeping the canteen in business I don't see what she offers.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:53 pm

Laugh You need to hope she doesn't read that!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:58 pm

These sorts are too busy on Ocado to worry about 606v2. That or they are busy with the charity cake day.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:59 pm

seanmichaels wrote:These sorts are too busy on Ocado to worry about 606v2. That or they are busy with the charity cake day.
I kid you not she has 2 heaped plates of pies/biscuits/cakes which were all made for children in need. She has spent about 10 quid on food I reckon.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:34 pm

A hairdressers has taken out a half page ad in our local paper welcoming the return of their 'Art Director'
You're not an Art Director, you're a hairdresser. Be proud of what you do, don't couch it in pretentious bollox.

JuliusHMarx
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:35 pm

That's like when they call a hairdressers a 'hair studio'. Do they really think people are swayed by that kind of thing?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:45 pm

I see a lot of CVs from people who are sandwich artists (they work in Subway)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 1:52 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:These sorts are too busy on Ocado to worry about 606v2. That or they are busy with the charity cake day.
I kid you not she has 2 heaped plates of pies/biscuits/cakes which were all made for children in need. She has spent about 10 quid on food I reckon.
I work with a geezer who is trying to lose weight (without success) and he has soup for his dinner every day, but then has four cheese breadcakes with it. May as well have a bleeding kebab for all the good that will do you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:07 pm

bloody dogs barking at ridiclous times of the morning, are really starting to drive me crazy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:12 pm

Adam D wrote:I see a lot of CVs from people who are sandwich artists (they work in Subway)
They are anything but bloody artists in the one local to me. One of them actually tutted at me because I forgot to ask for jalapeños... He was a student from Manchester so it didn't go some way to explaining his personality.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:14 pm

Rowley wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
I work with a geezer who is trying to lose weight (without success) and he has soup for his dinner every day, but then has four cheese breadcakes with it. May as well have a bleeding kebab for all the good that will do you.
It is infuriating...

My mother has always had issues with weight. One of her bright ideas was to buy a small plate. Her logic being small plate = small amount of food. Seems like a sensible idea.

Only issue was that she would still buy a takeaway, and would just have 3 small plates equalling the same amount of food. Stupid woman.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:15 pm

My dog hardly ever barks, even if someone comes to the door, but I take her to the fort (just a big hill really) near me and at the last house we pass before we get to the gate, there are two or three Jack Russells who bark like mad every time - when we arrive and again when we leave. It's a popular dog-walking place, so these dogs must bark every half hour or so easily, seven days a week. I'd hate to be their neighbours. Plus, how stupid are those dogs, to get so angry / defensive at something that happens so often? Surely they know by now that the people walking past aren't a threat or whatever they think they are?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:18 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
Rowley wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
It is infuriating...

My mother has always had issues with weight. One of her bright ideas was to buy a small plate. Her logic being small plate = small amount of food. Seems like a sensible idea.

Only issue was that she would still buy a takeaway, and would just have 3 small plates equalling the same amount of food. Stupid woman.
Crazy. I recently lost over half a stone with the revolutionary idea of eating a bit less crisps, cake and sweets and doing a bit more exercise. I may have to write a book telling people about this wonder method.

JuliusHMarx
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:20 pm

Dogs barking is a more common problem than you'd think, and it isn't the dogs fault, it is the scummy owners who let it happen.

Another thing about dog owners is those that own little rat types who think it is adorable when they come up and growl at my dog. It's isn't fine and if they annoy my dog too much she will probably just eat them.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:21 pm

In my experience, the smaller the dog, the more of a troublemaker it is with other dogs.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:22 pm

yeah completely agree LP

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:22 pm

Well, she is a staffie afterall.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:23 pm

Half-Staffie. Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:25 pm

Haha, I think LJ's is full Staffie.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:27 pm

Nothing wrong staffies. My dog is a half staffie, not sure what's she's crossed with (possibly an American bull dog) and she's the best behaved dog you'll ever meet.

They get a bad press from wannabe rich Tory boys like toppy.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:30 pm

Mine's an American Bulldog cross. The softest, friendliest dog you'll ever meet. OK

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:36 pm

I know some people on here who despise Miranda Hart but I don't mind her and her recent book was quite amusing in parts. She wrote her own "Diet Book" and I'll reproduce it in full for you..
1/ Eat a bit less
2/ Move about a bit more.

She advocates accepting what you look like and not spending huge chucks of you life worrying about what people do/will/might think of you.

I find there are legions of overweight women who think that a different coloured lipstick will make them look like Nell McAndrew who will also sneer at you because you aren't a Brad Pitt or George Clooney look-a-like.

"Oooh aren't I wicked but the diet starts on Monday!"

"It's Tuesday now...why not start today...right now...ya greedy fat ****?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:39 pm

i cant stand Miranda Hart! She isnt funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:41 pm

She's not bad, but there's only so many times you can laugh at the same person falling over.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:41 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Nothing wrong staffies. My dog is a half staffie, not sure what's she's crossed with (possibly an American bull dog) and she's the best behaved dog you'll ever meet.

Ha!

They get a bad press for being the dog of choice for chav scum who see them as a weapon and status symbol.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:48 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:She's not bad, but there's only so many times you can laugh at the same person falling over.
Dunno, if it was AZ or TRUSS or STRONGY falling over I could watch it ad infinitum.

I'd like to watch AZ falling over whilst on holiday in somewhere like Nigeria then trying to blame the White Man and losing his rag to such a degree he threw himself on the floor like a child having a tantrum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:49 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:Nothing wrong staffies. My dog is a half staffie, not sure what's she's crossed with (possibly an American bull dog) and she's the best behaved dog you'll ever meet.

Ha!

They get a bad press for being the dog of choice for chav scum who see them as a weapon and status symbol.
And you blame the dog for that?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:49 pm

My biggest hate at the moment is those supermarket staff who monitor the self service tills. They have one f-ing job, that is it, one job. So why is it that everytime I scan a 4 pack do they stand there staring at walls for a minute before eventually and reluctantly scanning a bit of paper that says I look over 25? Irritated me typing that.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 2:52 pm

Those self-service tills are so unreliable. Sometimes I have to scan every item at least three times, ridiculously slowly, just for it to register. And then once you've finally got everything through and paid, that cheeky robot lady says 'please take your items.' Give me a second! And why does she need to say that anyway? Do they think people would just walk off without their shopping if she didn't remind them?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:02 pm

People walking around in "wacky" clothes pretending they're Geldof because they've done something for charity.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:08 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Those self-service tills are so unreliable. Sometimes I have to scan every item at least three times, ridiculously slowly, just for it to register. And then once you've finally got everything through and paid, that cheeky robot lady says 'please take your items.' Give me a second! And why does she need to say that anyway? Do they think people would just walk off without their shopping if she didn't remind them?
The people who monitor the tills are only slightly more annoying people like you Wink

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:09 pm

It's not me, it's the till!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:13 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Those self-service tills are so unreliable. Sometimes I have to scan every item at least three times, ridiculously slowly, just for it to register. And then once you've finally got everything through and paid, that cheeky robot lady says 'please take your items.' Give me a second! And why does she need to say that anyway? Do they think people would just walk off without their shopping if she didn't remind them?
Dammit. I knew I'd forgotten something.

JuliusHMarx
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rick_dagless on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:17 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:That is annoying, but not as annoying as when someone parks so badly that they take up two spaces, or in some cases, four. There's no way that these people aren't aware that they've taken up more than one space, but still they walk away and leave their car as it is. These people deserve to be put in the stocks and punched by everyone else in the car park.
Have to agree with that Luckless!! especially in multi stories furious 

rick_dagless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:19 pm

Rowley wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
It's you, isn't it? This is just a self-confessional post.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : There are fewer more distressing sights than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap. And we'll die in the class we were born, well that's a class of our own my love. A class of our own my love. Did you see the stylish kids in the riot, cos mine beat me up then set the night on fire. Wombles bleed, truncheons and shields, you know I cherish you my love. Oh how I cherish Julius my love.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:19 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Dammit. I knew I'd forgotten something.
Twice this year I have been to a cashpoint, withdrawn £20 and then walked in to a supermarket to do some shopping witthout collecting my money from the machine. First time I never saw it again but on the second occasion remarkably there was a youngish kid waiting there to return it to me.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:19 pm

Food shopping in general annoys me , but what really grinds my gears is when a supermarket will have numerous price promotions on at the same time ....say 3 for £10 but you can't mix and match the products
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:22 pm

Fat families in supermarkets blocking aisles. That and ill people coughing over food.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:27 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Another thing about dog owners is those that own little rat types who think it is adorable when they come up and growl at my dog. It's isn't fine and if they annoy my dog too much she will probably just eat them.
I'll tell you what it is that f*cks me off about dog owners, the fact they think the pavement belongs to them. The owner walks on one side with the dog on the other side with the lead stretched across the path like some Vietcong trip wire. Then you have to stop and wait for them to move or for their dog to stop p*ssing on its own legs and come to their side. T*ssers.

Another thing, dog owners are always signing Christmas cards from their dogs. Happy Christmas from Dave, Mary and Rover. F*ck off you cretins. I don't like your stinking dog anyway. Although ironically, I would be impressed if it could actually sign its own name.

Dogs are idiots.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : There are fewer more distressing sights than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap. And we'll die in the class we were born, well that's a class of our own my love. A class of our own my love. Did you see the stylish kids in the riot, cos mine beat me up then set the night on fire. Wombles bleed, truncheons and shields, you know I cherish you my love. Oh how I cherish Julius my love.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:32 pm

Let it out Tino.

I think you'd like my dog. I like her more than more than most my friends. She always agrees with me and she hates cats.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:34 pm

Mothers / Au pairs doing the school run.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:34 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Fat families in supermarkets blocking aisles. That and ill people coughing over food.
Do you ever look at what they have in their basket/trolly. It is halarious. Packs and packs of crisps, sweets, yoghurts and a token piece of veg. You ain't fooling me with that fatty.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:34 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Let it out Tino.

I think you'd like my dog. I like her more than more than most my friends. She always agrees with me and she hates cats.
Does your Staffie have a studded collar?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:35 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Fat families in supermarkets blocking aisles. That and ill people coughing over food.
or old people who block aisles by standing at one side but then have their trolley diagonally across the aisle to the other side !

oh and people who decide to stop right next to a pallet of goods to restock shelves and talk to people they know
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:35 pm

I'd like her Korean style.

I don't hate cats, they are just pompous and ignorant. Did you know Jeff carries his cat around in his m*n-bag?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:37 pm

Or people who just stop in the middle of the aisle for no reason. At least have the decency to move to one side so people can pass. I bumped into someone on purpose once, she'd been blocking my way all the way round the supermarket. I apologised, but I didn't mean a word of it! Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:37 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

I'll tell you what it is that f*cks me off about dog owners, the fact they think the pavement belongs to them.  The owner walks on one side with the dog on the other side with the lead stretched across the path like some Vietcong trip wire.  Then you have to stop and wait for them to move or for their dog to stop p*ssing on its own legs and come to their side.  T*ssers.

Another thing, dog owners are always signing Christmas cards from their dogs.  Happy Christmas from Dave, Mary and Rover.  F*ck off you cretins.  I don't like your stinking dog anyway.  Although ironically, I would be impressed if it could actually sign its own name.

Dogs are idiots.
Laugh 

I don't personally sign cards from my dog, but the mrs does. I think given the choices he would save the dog before me.

I should add I'm a responsible owner. I make sure my dog doesn't block the path. In fact I don't even put her on the lead. That way she is free to run up at you from a distance and get you with her muddy paws.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:38 pm

I don't hate cats, they are just pompous and ignorant.  Did you know Jeff carries his cat around in his m*n-bag?
he doesn't seem to be biting today. that or your gentle ribbing has sent him on a toblerone binge.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack on Fri 15 Nov 2013, 3:41 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

I don't hate cats, they are just pompous and ignorant.  Did you know Jeff carries his cat around in his m*n-bag?
he doesn't seem to be biting today. that or your gentle ribbing has sent him on a toblerone binge.
I've always thought a man owning a cat means that he can't reproduce.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum