The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Avengers film - potential spoilers inside although none confirmed as spoilers

+7
GG
boomdangle
Thomond
Gregers
President Trump
Skydriver
hodge
11 posters

Go down

The Avengers film - potential spoilers inside although none confirmed as spoilers Empty The Avengers film - potential spoilers inside although none confirmed as spoilers

Post by hodge Tue 24 Apr 2012, 6:07 pm

Anyone going to watch it, 170 mins and has been recieved rave reviews from the directors etc who went to a screening of it. There has been so much released in terms of trailers and tv spots that will there be all that much left?

Also though it has been confirmed there will be an after credits clip again, either linked to Iron Man 3 or a second Avengers film. Both Ruffalo and Downey Jr had said they had been pulled in for a late filming 2 days or so before the premiere some questioned whether for a new after credits clip (more on that later). However Wheddon laughed this off saying its Downey Jr didn't they expect him to have a joke with them.

From what I've seen the 2 main rumours or 2 clips that have been filmed are: POTENTIAL SPOILERS

----

Red Skull finding his way back to one of the realms after dissapearing at the end of Captain America, remember Thor 2.. into spoiler

Spoiler:

The other one that got me thinking was that the new ending is Nick Fury talking to someone in a room who you can't see at first attempting to get them to join the avengers team, you then see Andrew Garfield/Spiderman saying that they're in, this is what struck me, Spiderman is owned by Sony, but considering that all the publicity that the avengers is recieving would it not be silly to try and get in on the film considering Spiderman does appear in the avengers, this would also link back to what could be the scene that was filmed late that Marvel/Sony and whoever else is involved had only just agreed a deal and they wanted Spiderman in the credits to hype the future film.

hodge

Back to top Go down

The Avengers film - potential spoilers inside although none confirmed as spoilers Empty Re: The Avengers film - potential spoilers inside although none confirmed as spoilers

Post by Skydriver Wed 25 Apr 2012, 4:28 pm

Yes, have tickets to see in 3D on Sat. Wanted to go to see on mega-IMAX screen, but got overruled...

Empire magazine have given a good write-up (4/5) in print and online. I'm a big fan of Joss Whedon, and have high hopes for this movie.

Would be v surprised if there was a crossover with Spider-Man - for the legal complexities over character rights as you say, and that I'm not aware he's actually been in the team in the "official" continuity, or at least not to any degree? Beast (of X-Men) passes the latter test but also falls foul of the former - and hasn't been a significant enough character in film so far to make much impact anyway. Nevertheless an intriguing notion...

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

The Avengers film - potential spoilers inside although none confirmed as spoilers Empty Re: The Avengers film - potential spoilers inside although none confirmed as spoilers

Post by President Trump Wed 25 Apr 2012, 4:41 pm

Well I hear that an Antman film is in the piple line and being Directed by Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) and as Hank Pimm is an original Avenger I could see him feature soon and maybe the Wasp?

Iron Man 3 will be set in China as Disney want to strenghten their links over there so maybe the Mandarin will be in the next movie

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 25 Apr 2012, 5:57 pm

Tickets booked for Saturday Yahoo

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Wed 25 Apr 2012, 9:40 pm

Any one of Hank Pym's incarnations is worth a shout given he's an Avenger through-and-through, but if he hasn't appeared in the Marvel Studios series yet, then a cameo will be one for the die hards. Yes, Antman in particular - had also heard a movie might be in production (and indeed, was possibly considered as one of the pre-Avengers instalments originally). Trouble is, I don't expect many normal punters will recognise or feel any excitement towards Antman, Goliath, Yellowjacket or whichever.

I think I read that Cobie Smulders [who plays SHIELD Agent Maria Hill and would have been Wonder Woman if Joss Whedon had been allowed to complete the project] was potentially connected with playing the Wasp... actually, just looked it up in current Empire, it was her fiance who thought that.

Right, that's probably it for me - am going to try to avoid spoilers from here on in and go into the theatre armed with my unanswered questions (from which alien race has Loki recruited his army? what the hell is that enormous flying metal snake at the end of the trailer??? I have my theories on these and other FAQs!).

Hope you all enjoy the show, folks.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 26 Apr 2012, 11:08 am

Well from what ive read about the Antman film, it will star both Pym and Scott Lang as the character which I think could work as the whole story built around Lang was him trying to get his daughter back and could serve as a good backdrop story in the film plus if they ever thought of doing a Young Avengers film in the future (which I doubt) they could use the daughter as she became Stature who has size changing abilities

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 26 Apr 2012, 11:18 am

Skydriver wrote:Yes, have tickets to see in 3D on Sat. Wanted to go to see on mega-IMAX screen, but got overruled...

Empire magazine have given a good write-up (4/5) in print and online. I'm a big fan of Joss Whedon, and have high hopes for this movie.

Would be v surprised if there was a crossover with Spider-Man - for the legal complexities over character rights as you say, and that I'm not aware he's actually been in the team in the "official" continuity, or at least not to any degree? Beast (of X-Men) passes the latter test but also falls foul of the former - and hasn't been a significant enough character in film so far to make much impact anyway. Nevertheless an intriguing notion...

I thought Spiderman did crossover every so often with the avengers? Ah well.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Thu 26 Apr 2012, 11:56 am

I'm sure every title has crossed over with every other at some point!

But you're right - have just had a look at Wikipedia, and it seems that a recent version of the team featured Spidey... and Wolverine!!!

[my knowledge of Avengers lore, limited as it is, probably comes to a dead stop somewhere in the late 80's]

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 26 Apr 2012, 11:59 am

I just find it hard to believe despite being a different company Sony wouldn't try and get in on the avengers films as it would generate a lot more interest in the new spiderman series of films as well.

If the avengers were to go down the civil war route with their films Spidey could play a big role in that as I think from the comic he was one of the main guys for one of the sides. However civil war would mean a reboot of xmen and fantastic 4 as well probably, so unless they were to shift Xmen first class into the future as the reboot it would mean the series would be rebooted twice within 15 years.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 26 Apr 2012, 12:12 pm

Spidey joined the New Avengers after the Avengers broke up after Scarlet Witches powers got out of control and resulted in the death of a few Avengers and the House of M reality storyline

The Civil War storyline happened soon after and Spidey did feature alot as he sided with the Pro-registration side (Ironman's side) and had to reveal his identity as a result but he switched sides down the line anyway it would take a hell of alot of movies both individual and Avenger ones to catch up to the comics plus if they did do a Civil War film who would play Johnny Storm and Captain America lol

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 26 Apr 2012, 12:42 pm

its why I said fantastic 4 would be rebooted, as you obviously couldnt have the same johnny storm and capt america is a bigger role which has been set with him playing him

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 26 Apr 2012, 1:08 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:Spidey joined the New Avengers after the Avengers broke up after Scarlet Witches powers got out of control and resulted in the death of a few Avengers and the House of M reality storyline

The Civil War storyline happened soon after and Spidey did feature alot as he sided with the Pro-registration side (Ironman's side) and had to reveal his identity as a result but he switched sides down the line anyway it would take a hell of alot of movies both individual and Avenger ones to catch up to the comics plus if they did do a Civil War film who would play Johnny Storm and Captain America lol

Also about civil war potentials, if they lay the seeds in this avengers film, you could have it being built towards it in the likely 3 films between now and avengers 2 (iron man 3, thor 2 and capt 2) then avengers 2 could be where we see the split, presume maybe a film each more for those 3 heros and if they were rebooting the other 2 that would mean 5 films, heard they could be bringing another 2 heros back. You could have up to 7/8 films including and avengers 3 where there could be the civil war with cameos in the films.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 26 Apr 2012, 1:16 pm

its why I said fantastic 4 would be rebooted, as you obviously couldnt have the same johnny storm and capt america is a bigger role which has been set with him playing him.

Well if I was Evans Id know which role id keep Very Happy

They really need to Reboot the FF, I think the casting was wrong with the exception of maybe the Thing and Johnny, the first one was dire and the second one was ruined for me because I was waiting thriugh the whole film for Silver Surfer to say "To me my board" but it never happened Sad

Also about civil war potentials, if they lay the seeds in this avengers film, you could have it being built towards it in the likely 3 films between now and avengers 2 (iron man 3, thor 2 and capt 2) then avengers 2 could be where we see the split, presume maybe a film each more for those 3 heros and if they were rebooting the other 2 that would mean 5 films, heard they could be bringing another 2 heros back. You could have up to 7/8 films including and avengers 3 where there could be the civil war with cameos in the films..

Realisticly they would need to do some serious writing to do a Civil War storyline, there is just to much and too many superheroes involved, they would need to reboot two franchises in the Xmen and FF and also get a few new ones up and running and in the background have the Inititive storyline running and get the Hulk shot up to space Laugh the only good think in my eyes that would come out of it would be the "Death of Captain America" storyline which was brilliantly done in the comics and also the Dark Avengers

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 26 Apr 2012, 1:36 pm

I can see them trying it tbh, they're making alot of money so there is their incentive to reboot the series and start new ones. Joss Whedon has apparantly already been earmarked for Avengers 2 to allow him to continue his project which means he has to be linked to the other marvel films as well.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Apr 2012, 1:49 pm

The Silver Surfer was such a wasted potential. I agree I thought the casting was wrong. It could do with a re-boot. Even Dr Doom was completely and utterly crapped on in the films.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Apr 2012, 1:58 pm

The Silver Surfer from the film reminded me of that old St Ivel advert with the sand surfers!

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:04 pm

The thing that annoyed me about Dr Doom in the FF films (especailly the first) was that it made no mention of him being from Latveria or the tiny country itself then at the end he gets shipped there, as well with no explaination? if you didnt know him from the comics I say it would have been confusing but if ever there was a Super-villian movie, a proper Dr Doom one would be great as he isnt just conected to the FF but to the Avengers and X-men too

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 29 Apr 2012, 12:00 am

A review of the film in a word? AWESOME!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 29 Apr 2012, 12:59 am

dammit gregers i should be seeing it monday and can't wait at the moment and have seen it online somewhere to watch, but its one of few films that I am determined to go see at the cinema, just got an assignment to do tomorrow Sad

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Mon 30 Apr 2012, 12:03 pm

Very good - fans of any of the characters (or of Joss Whedon come to think of it) should have a blast. Quite amazing how pretty much every principal in the Avengers Ensemble (and even a couple of the supporting characters) have their share of moments and great lines, but I suppose handling this aspect was key reason why Joss was chosen to head up this project. Ironicially though, it's probably the Hulk for my money who has the best one-liner, at least in terms of quality-per-word!

Popcorn movie season is now officially open.

Last edited by Skydriver on Mon 30 Apr 2012, 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Apr 2012, 12:41 pm

It was an awesome film.

Hulk certainly had the best of scenes. Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Apr 2012, 12:42 pm

BTW did anyone stay for post credits? You won't be disappointed!! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 30 Apr 2012, 1:27 pm

Brilliant film, quite funny, full of action and a pretty good story. I think Scarlett Johansson has got my respect too.....

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Mon 30 Apr 2012, 1:42 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:BTW did anyone stay for post credits? You won't be disappointed!! Wink

It's something for the fans, I'd say...

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Mon 30 Apr 2012, 2:07 pm

Saw it on saturday night simpyl fantastic wouldnt have changed a thing!!! And some belly laugh moments, great film.

The entire cinema stayed until the end of the credits to see the next teaser.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon 30 Apr 2012, 3:35 pm

I think il take the missus to see it on Thursday, I cant bloody wait

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Mon 30 Apr 2012, 4:53 pm

Good film, fantastic action scenes and some very funny moments. Found the storyline a tad predictable though. 7.5/10.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 30 Apr 2012, 5:24 pm

For those that have seen it, suitable for 6 year olds into action films?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon 30 Apr 2012, 5:49 pm

Erm it's pretty violent at times Depends on the 6 years old really lol

Lee

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Lee-Killeen-Portfolio/4127373

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 30 Apr 2012, 5:52 pm

possibly seeing it tomro"!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 30 Apr 2012, 6:29 pm

Saw it today AWESOME!

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Mon 30 Apr 2012, 6:35 pm

Hero wrote:For those that have seen it, suitable for 6 year olds into action films?

I'd say "no" as a personal opinion. I think it's 12A, and that's presumably for the [mostly fantasy] violence.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 30 Apr 2012, 6:37 pm

Hero wrote:For those that have seen it, suitable for 6 year olds into action films?

Possibly, its quite violent at times but no more so than Spiderman 1/2/3. No mass blood, no sex and very limited language. On the whole, and as you've said that he's into action films (and presumably superheroes) I'd stick my neck out and say yes

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 30 Apr 2012, 9:02 pm

I think it would be alright for a 6 year old. Not a lot of blood or anything, similar violence to the likes of Spiderman,Hulk etc. No sex or anything like that. Although I'd say a fair few men were thinking about Scarlett Johansson during it!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:06 pm

... but that bit where Captain America dies is pretty gruesome, don't you think?

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:07 pm

[Before anyone gets too upset, that was a recycled faux spoiler which the director himself used in an interview, tongue-firmly-in-cheek...]

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Wed 09 May 2012, 5:08 pm

"Disney CEO Bob Iger said the company was planning an Avengers sequel sometime after the release of Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 next year, and Captain America 2 in 2014."

Bring it on. Bring it ALL on...

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Wed 08 Aug 2012, 11:29 am

Confirmed that Joss Whedon will write and direct Avengers 2 (2015 release date), and develop live action TV show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19176274

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 08 Aug 2012, 1:46 pm

I expect they will do the civil war storyline in the cartoon if its not the plan for Avengers 3, as they are able to use a lot more characters.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Tue 18 Sep 2012, 4:28 pm

Only was this for the first time yesterday as I was unable to make it to the cinema. I thought it was absolutely awesome and that Hulk definitely stole the show making me laugh out loud on a couple of occasions!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down