TNA OFN (Open Fight Night)

Go down

TNA OFN (Open Fight Night) Empty TNA OFN (Open Fight Night)

Post by dyrewolfe on Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:45 pm

On last week's Impact show, Hogan ordered all the title holders to join him in the ring for a "big announcement", which went as follows:

Once a month, TNA will run a new show called Open Fight Night, in which talent from outside the company will be selected to wrestle against anyone from the TNA roster, including the champions. If they prove themselves worthy, they will be offered a contract.

Here, my memory gets a little hazy. I can't remember if the "candidates" are allowed to choose who they face, or if they are chosen by Hogan, but he did say that even the champs might be called upon and would have to be ready to defend their belts. Devon "testified" and proclaimed he always wanted to be a fighting champion. Naturally Bobby Roode and Gail Kim weren't best pleased.

Either way, should be interesting.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

TNA OFN (Open Fight Night) Empty Re: TNA OFN (Open Fight Night)

Post by Aaronb33 on Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:22 pm

Hogan chooses the guy the outside guy will face, then 3 judges will decide if they're good enough...If I'm remembering corectly, that bit's called "Gut-Check".

The OFN bit means that anyone already on the roster can challenge the champions. This is the bit that I don't understand...kinda takes away the point of having Number 1 Contenders.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC on Thu 26 Apr 2012, 3:43 pm

I dont watch TNA but is that D Von Dudley reprisinghis preacher gimmick from WWE?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe on Fri 27 Apr 2012, 3:15 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:I dont watch TNA but is that D Von Dudley reprisinghis preacher gimmick from WWE?

I don't watch WWE but I would guess so. He's has a slight name change and just goes by "Devon" now. Had a stint as a tag team wrestler with Pope but they split and he's gone solo (is also the current TV champion after beating Robbie E).
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC on Fri 27 Apr 2012, 3:47 pm

Do they still recognise him and Bully Ray as brothers? Or have they done what WWE did with Edge and Christian and say they are now "good friends".

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF on Fri 27 Apr 2012, 4:05 pm

Def not good friends. I don't think they ever recognised them as Brothers although they were called Brother Ray and Brother Devon. The tag team split though on less than amicable grounds.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 on Fri 27 Apr 2012, 10:41 pm

Having just watched Impact, I really like the concept. I'm glad they're only doing it once a month, but I think it's a great novelty, and something I haven't seen before.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe on Mon 30 Apr 2012, 3:11 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Do they still recognise him and Bully Ray as brothers? Or have they done what WWE did with Edge and Christian and say they are now "good friends".

Put it this way, on the last show (the inaugural OFN) Devon called Bully out (actually called him Bubba). Bully came out and did his usual spiel about having carried Devon during their time as tag partners. He then said there was no way he was going to fight Devon and tried to walk back up the ramp. Devon jumped out of the ring, ran after him and laid into him.

They eventually had their fight inside the ring, with Devon getting the pin and the 3-count.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum