The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who can beat O'Sullivan in a long match

+3
CaledonianCraig
Josiah Maiestas
gboycottnut
7 posters

Go down

Who can beat O'Sullivan in a long match Empty Who can beat O'Sullivan in a long match

Post by gboycottnut Wed 02 May 2012, 10:06 pm

I believe that Ronnie said to members of the press the other day that nobody is capable of beating him apart from perhaps a John Higgins who is playing at the top of his game. With Higgins now out of this year's World Championship and now struggling to regain the form of his past due to motivation problems he is having with the game at present, which of the younger players look capable of beating Ronnie in the next few years at the Crucible?

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Who can beat O'Sullivan in a long match Empty Re: Who can beat O'Sullivan in a long match

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 02 May 2012, 10:09 pm

Trump, Jones... Selby already beat him in bo25. Very Happy
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Who can beat O'Sullivan in a long match Empty Re: Who can beat O'Sullivan in a long match

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 02 May 2012, 10:15 pm

Many players. Hence why Ronnie has averaged a world title every six years and two months of his career.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Wed 02 May 2012, 10:19 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Trump, Jones... Selby already beat him in bo25. Very Happy

Sad that Mark Selby couldn't play to anywhere near his best at the start of this year's WC due to a lack of practice as we could have had a truely cracking semi-final between him and Ronnie tomorrow.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 03 May 2012, 6:22 am

gboycottnut wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:Trump, Jones... Selby already beat him in bo25. Very Happy

Sad that Mark Selby couldn't play to anywhere near his best at the start of this year's WC due to a lack of practice as we could have had a truely cracking semi-final between him and Ronnie tomorrow.

Am, Selby was coming back from a rather bad back injury. He was unable to get into his normal cueing position.

As for the initial question as to who can beat Ronnie in long matches? Well plenty really and he has been beaten loads of times which is why he has not won at least 15 world titels. This does not mean that he is a bad player but it also does not mean that he is unbeatable.

Save your breath as well because i know you are going to come back with the old chestnut, of if he is interested in winning he is unbeatable because that is simply untrue.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 May 2012, 7:57 am

Anyone can really.

If O'Sullivan comes up against a player like Dott, Williams or Ebdon who can play very good safety play, they will create chances because Ronnie simply does not have the self discipline to grind out a match based on safety.

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 03 May 2012, 11:11 am

Matthew Stevens has the game to beat Ronnie but i strongly doubt if he has the mental capability. Ronnie has been here, done this and won it so i would be suprised if Stevens wins. Ronnie still has'nt had that 'bad session' though so anything can still happen.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Thu 03 May 2012, 12:41 pm

Maguire is about to at the weekend,

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu 03 May 2012, 12:52 pm

Plenty of palyers can beat him in a long match but I fear no one that is left will be able to, I hope im wrong. Ronnie will only beat himself.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 03 May 2012, 12:55 pm

I am not a fan of Ronnies but in a funny little way i want to see him wint the Worlds as 4 Worlds is worthy of his talent.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Fri 18 May 2012, 12:18 am

So far, nobody can in a UK or World final. The record stands at 8/8 Smile

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 18 May 2012, 9:10 am

He has some record in finals doesnt he.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down