The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this the wackiest article to ever be printed

4 posters

Go down

Is this the wackiest article to ever be printed Empty Is this the wackiest article to ever be printed

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 06 May 2012, 11:46 am

http://blog.emiratesstadium.info/archives/20999

What game was this dude watching? Conspiracy? Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Is this the wackiest article to ever be printed Empty Re: Is this the wackiest article to ever be printed

Post by The Special Juan Sun 06 May 2012, 11:53 am

Some people have too much time on their hands

"I’m watching the game again, and there’s several things I can say.
1) Norwich penalties? The first one wasn’t there, Coquelin got the ball and gave only the slightest touch to the guy. The second is more tricky. Yes, Koscielny tugged the guy’s shirt, but you can clearly see the guy holding his arm somewhere near Koscielny’s tummy. My bet is both held one another. A penalty there would have been a disgrace. It wouldn’t even be “soft.”
2) Benayoun red? My problem with this is the comparison commentators made to the Beckham/Simeone situation. Did anything like this ever happen in the EPL? Did any ref hand out a red card for a slight trip out of play? You couldn’t even call it a kick. Still, the ref was right to whistle it out.
3) Vermaelen yellow? Very debatable. He definitely got the ball, the other guy tripped over his leg. It’s not Kompany on Nani, it’s Johnson on Lescott. Shouldn’t have been booked, no foul.
4) Sagna stamp? I think it might have been deliberate. Didn’t see a close-up replay, but it’s strange to get a stamp in this kind of a situation. I’m almost sure it was deliberate. Yellow card, if so.
5) Norwich players throwing the ball away? In each case, the player should have been booked or told not to that again.
6) Holt red? He kept Koscielny on ground by clearly pushing him down (penalty?). Clear-cut situation, but it would’ve been a “soft” one. He was on top of Norwich’s physical game – pushes, shoves, trips, etc. His play up until that point warranted at least a yellow. Could anyone explain to me why the ref gave Holt two free kicks after supposed Koscielny fouls, one around 35th(?) minute mark, the second at 52nd minute? Both looked like Holt fouls to me.
6) Ramsey red? No, sir. Yes, the second foul was ugly and should’ve earned him a booking. But the first was purely accidental. I was shocked by the commentary, which suggested the two situations looked more or less the same. No, they didn’t. In the first case, Ramsey caught the guy with his trailing back leg, which he couldn’t control in any way. In the second, he caught the guy advancing, studs to the foot. Completely different case. Perhaps the ref knew the first yellow was too much.
7) 54th minute, Naughton holding off Benayoun. Should’ve been a free kick to Arsenal. He used his hands to push Benayoun away.
8) Howson yellow? 62nd minute, pulled Benayoun (?) back. Right after that, Howson fell after an apparent push from Song. Can’t say much about that. Was the push so much? Hard to judge.
9) Hoolahan, 64th minute – clear yellow for a foul on Benayoun, would’ve been red.
10) Morison yellow for tugging Vermaelen when he was about to bring the ball back into play. Holt was involved there, and a couple of minutes before he also fouled Song in the Arsenal box. Again, why wasn’t he booked?
11) 73rd, penalty for Arsenal? Handball by Howson, could’ve been booked as well. The only reason why this might not have been called was that he was raising his arm level with his face, so the ball would have supposedly hit his face otherwise. Not sure about that, but I think it would’ve been a whiff too soft.
12) 76th minute, Holt definitely should’ve seen red by now. A clear foul on Song, kicked in the Achilles (nasty stuff), then kept him away from the ball with his body. Clear yellow, so it would’ve been red by that point.
13) Morison yellow for putting the ball away. Another red by that point.
14) Arsenal penalty, 88th minute? It could only happen if we assumed some ref mistakes are ok. They missed Gervinho offside before RVP was pushed. But I’m mighty curious about how Taylor explained his decision after the game. However, even if it wasn’t a penalty, and no offside was given, it should’ve been a corner. Even Naughton claimed to have gone for the ball, and it changed direction. What else do you need to rule for a corner? A prize, or what?
15) 91st minute, just before Song’s failed flick at the goal: handball in the penalty area. This time, it did affect the way the ball went.
16) 92nd minute, Morison could’ve gotten red-carded twice in one game Smile knocking about violently, tugging at the shirts, pushing about.
So, in sum: if a penalty for Norwich, two penalties for Arsenal. If a red card against Arsenal, two (or three) red cards against Norwich (Holt, Morison, Hoolahan). The ref’s performance obviously affected the outcome, and it did it against Arsenal. Again, I wouldn’t go as far as to say it’s a conspiracy, that’s too far-fetched. But, despite appearances, this was a one-sided performance from the ref, who obviously went against Arsenal far too often. It was worse than usual.
As for the players, I’d say the whole team played poorly in the 1st half, and I think Ramsey was one of the poorer players then. But they rallied in the 2nd, and then he started to shine, even. Hell, did you see Chamakh? He was also better than usual. I think what did us in was lack of communication at the back and stupid errors ammassed. Song and Vermaelen also had a poor game IMHO.
I’m waiting impatiently for RefReview coverage Smile"
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Is this the wackiest article to ever be printed Empty Re: Is this the wackiest article to ever be printed

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 06 May 2012, 11:54 am

TSC I was there yesterday and I must say he must be seeing things Erm

How Holt, Morison and Hoolahan should have been sent off I'll never know. Just can't accept that we went there and roughed them up and they didn't like it
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 06 May 2012, 11:57 am

I'll make my own mind up when I watch MotD tonight.

They're just upset that their team once again bottled it.

No pressure on them from September - Now = Amazing form

Pressure on them from now - end of season = Bottle it Rolling Eyes
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 06 May 2012, 11:59 am

TSC wrote:I'll make my own mind up when I watch MotD tonight.

Laugh Well what you will see is a definate pen for them when Naughton pushes RVP over and a debateable one when Lappin 'handballs' it. We should have had one when Martin was pulled over by Koscielny and Ramsey should have been off for two yellows. Ref was poor
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Sun 06 May 2012, 12:44 pm

TSC wrote:I'll make my own mind up when I watch MotD tonight.

Beautifully said my friend, I've been so annoyed at people who have been saying Arsenal will challenge for the title next season. They've only been playing so well because they had no pressure but the second they had to get 3rd they've struggled. It's happened in. Previous seasons so it's not a new thing.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 06 May 2012, 12:48 pm

Thing with Arsenal fans is they echo what Wenger says, and whatever Wenger says is gospel. Norwich could have had an unassailable lead after 45 minutes. They really tried to re-write what actually happened, every team has deluded fans. Very Happy
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 06 May 2012, 12:51 pm

They've only been playing so well because they had no pressure but the second they had to get 3rd they've struggled.
Looking at the facts, Arsenal didn't have Arteta today who has been their most instrumental player since Fabregas left. Very Happy

Also, Aaron Ramsey and Song have been quite average for them, Szczesney had possibly his worst game too. Norwich have played well travelling to the big teams this season and were easily worthy of a good result. :p
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down