The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England's Worse Ever Cricket Team

+18
sirfredperry
dummy_half
LondonTiger
ShankyCricket
Stella
mystiroakey
Makrish
paulscholes
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Duty281
alfie
Liam
GSC
Gregers
Mike Selig
guildfordbat
Hibbz
gboycottnut
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

England's Worse Ever Cricket Team - Page 2 Empty England's Worse Ever Cricket Team

Post by gboycottnut Sat 26 May 2012, 10:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Following on from watching a documentary on BBC3 about some of the worse ever players to have represented England at Football, what players would make it into the worse ever England Cricket Team?

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

England's Worse Ever Cricket Team - Page 2 Empty Re: England's Worse Ever Cricket Team

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 29 May 2012, 10:37 am

yeah but look at some of the players who did establish themselves in the 90s teams , its hardly a ringing endorsement is it!

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

England's Worse Ever Cricket Team - Page 2 Empty Re: England's Worse Ever Cricket Team

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 29 May 2012, 10:37 am

Ha, a good point.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Tue 29 May 2012, 10:43 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:yeah but look at some of the players who did establish themselves in the 90s teams , its hardly a ringing endorsement is it!

Mark Ealham, Peter Martin!

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Wed 30 May 2012, 11:43 pm

There is one player no one has mentioned yet and that is Chris Schofield. Surely he must be the worse ever player to have played for England at a test level, and he only got picked in the first place because the England coaching management at that time (Duncan Fletcher?) wanted to develop a young leg-spinner into an established test player. Also another player who must rank as one of England's worse ever bowlers is Ian Austin, although did he play for England at all in the 1999 World Cup? He certainly was in that World Cup Squad.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Sat 02 Jun 2012, 12:22 pm

Players I've been lucky enough to see:

Darren Maddy (now did he ever open the batting for England?!)
Ian Ward
Aftab Habib
Ed Smith
Anthony McGrath
Usman Afzaal
Warren Hegg
Gavin Hamilton
Chris Schofield
Liam Plunkett
Amjad Khan

If anyone gets injured I've got Ian Salisbury, Saj Mahmood and Martin Saggers in the squad

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 02 Jun 2012, 1:02 pm

good effort VTR, but I'd suggest you have enough depth in the batting to move Hamilton upto his proper position at 6 (replacing McGrath say), and bring in Saj Mahmood Very Happy

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 02 Jun 2012, 2:28 pm

VTR wrote:Players I've been lucky enough to see:

Darren Maddy (now did he ever open the batting for England?!)

He did in T20s, and had a pretty decent all round record in that format.

Check this team out for the ultimate England "all rounders" side....
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/287869.html
11 bowling options, Broad batting at 10 , no wicket keeper, one proper batsman. Insane.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 02 Jun 2012, 5:30 pm

Schofield batting too low down the order? Wink

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Sat 02 Jun 2012, 6:17 pm

Some good points made on my team! Schofield must have been selected for his batting (didn't he make a 50 but took no wickets?) so lets bump him up one and get Saj in the team in case it starts to reverse. I'll probably drop Afzaal as he did at least make a 50 vs Aus (and kissed the badge after it - anyone remember that?!).

I've decided to check (and I no way recommend anyone ever look at the 99 series vs NZ) and Maddy did open the batting. What an horrific team this was, you'd probably say the tail starts as 6, and check out that second innings collapse!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63844.html

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 02 Jun 2012, 6:22 pm

Any team with Caddick batting at no 8 and Mullally at no 9 is an open invitation for tail to fold very rapidly.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 02 Jun 2012, 6:29 pm

VTR - yes, that series against New Zealand was not England's finest hour.

I've mentioned before that Ronnie Irani can consider himself very unlucky not to be an automatic pick in any worst ever team!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2