The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Prodigy coming out of retirement!

4 posters

Go down

The Prodigy coming out of retirement! Empty The Prodigy coming out of retirement!

Post by talkingpoint Sun 10 Jun 2012, 2:38 pm

BJ Penn has verbally agreed to return to the Octagon at UFC 152 against Rory MacDonald this September in Toronto. After being thoroughly beaten by Nick Diaz has Penn made the right decision to come out of retirement? I have my reservations - BJ Penn is one of the sport's all time greats being a two division champion but age and reach will play their part and I just can't see him beating MacDonald who is a rising star himself and a potential future welterweight champion.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

The Prodigy coming out of retirement! Empty Re: The Prodigy coming out of retirement!

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 11 Jun 2012, 12:46 pm

Stupid fight IMO.

He's shown quite often he can't cut it at WW now with the best so why lose risking to an up and comer!

MacDonald is tough, he was beating Condit for most of their fight until Condit turned it around and is very risky considering their differnces.

Penn appears to have no desire to train down to LW so will again come in a bit podgy for the fight, likely gas after the first round and lose a UD. Would love him to win but where does it take him as he's not going to beat Diaz, GSP or Condit so a bit pointless.

If he loses his records drops to 16 wins, 9 losses and 2 draws!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

The Prodigy coming out of retirement! Empty Re: The Prodigy coming out of retirement!

Post by azania Thu 14 Jun 2012, 6:35 pm

I'd like to see him if only for his entrance and that haunting theme. Awesome. One of my favourite fighters. Loved it when he destroyed Hughes first time round. Probably would have beaten GSP had he not gassed. Too much talent and not enough application.

The guy even fought Machida!! Unbelievable.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:28 pm

If Macdonald beats Penn then maybe he should call out Nick Diaz and do the double over 'retired' welterweights LOL

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 18 Jun 2012, 1:18 pm

i agree with alot of what valero said, bj's never been a convincing welter and he was only there imo because he couldnt be bothered to drop weight. he's always going to struggle, fantastic fighter but if he wants to make a comeback do it at LW

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down