The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Allen fined

+3
banbrotam
Seifer Almasy
Kenny
7 posters

Go down

Mark Allen fined  Empty Mark Allen fined

Post by Kenny Tue 12 Jun 2012, 4:42 pm

Mark Allen has been fined £10,000 and given a three-month suspended ban for accusing China's Cao Yupeng of cheating at the World Championship.

The Northern Irishman claimed Cao failed to declare an illegal push shot during a 10-6 first-round defeat.

Allen later apologised for his comments and will now be obliged to undergo media training.

World Snooker said the ban would only come into effect if Allen made any new breach of rules in the next six months.

His latest punishment follows a previous case in March where he was fined £1,000 and warned as to his future conduct for comments he made about China and the Chinese people on Twitter.

He was also fined £250 in January for swearing in a press conference at the UK Championship in December last year.

A World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association statement said: "The WPBSA disciplinary committee consider that this behaviour is unacceptable and offensive to China and the Chinese players. Such behaviour will not be tolerated by the WPBSA."

Allen was also ordered to pay £1,000 towards the cost of the hearing.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Mark Allen fined  Empty Re: Mark Allen fined

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jun 2012, 6:27 pm

But has he learned his lesson though?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 15 Jun 2012, 7:43 pm

I very much doubt it Wink
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Tue 19 Jun 2012, 2:37 am

The lesson is: Don't say what you think, because opinions and free speech is dangerous.

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Thu 21 Jun 2012, 6:18 pm

Seifer Almasy wrote:The lesson is: Don't say what you think, because opinions and free speech is dangerous.

Laugh Laugh Laugh This is the person who's just written a million word character assasination of Andy Murray. Murray's crime? Being morose on court and swearing occassionaly

Imagine if he'd done what Allen had

Thanks Seifer, for showing us what a hypocrite you are

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 21 Jun 2012, 6:25 pm

banbrotam wrote:
Seifer Almasy wrote:The lesson is: Don't say what you think, because opinions and free speech is dangerous.

Laugh Laugh Laugh This is the person who's just written a million word character assasination of Andy Murray. Murray's crime? Being morose on court and swearing occassionaly

Mark Allen I am aware was behaving like a brat in the post match conference, he doesnt behave like that during a match to put the other guy off. thumbsup
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Thu 21 Jun 2012, 8:36 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
banbrotam wrote:

Mark Allen I am aware was behaving like a brat in the post match conference, he doesnt behave like that during a match to put the other guy off. thumbsup

Josiah. Are you my own personal troll? Wink

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 21 Jun 2012, 8:40 pm

banbrotam wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:
banbrotam wrote:

Josiah. Are you my own personal troll? Wink

Best part banbro is that Seifer's hero is Ronnie O'Sullivan the thug of snooker. Laugh
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Thu 28 Jun 2012, 12:08 pm

banbrotam wrote:

You compared 2 completely different players from different sports and twisted the situation around to "win". It didn't work. Allen may not be a model player but his in play conduct is generally sound, unlike Murray (who screams and shouts every point). Wrong section anyway. A bit sad you would come all way over here to try to score points haha

and to troll Craig, another boring Anti Ronnie poster, Ronnie's conduct on table is again generally perfect. He always congratulates his opponent properly too. Comparing these 2 to a screaming lunatic like Murray does you no favours.

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 05 Jul 2012, 1:05 pm

Seifer Almasy wrote:
banbrotam wrote:

You compared 2 completely different players from different sports and twisted the situation around to "win". It didn't work. Allen may not be a model player but his in play conduct is generally sound, unlike Murray (who screams and shouts every point). Wrong section anyway. A bit sad you would come all way over here to try to score points haha

and to troll Craig, another boring Anti Ronnie poster, Ronnie's conduct on table is again generally perfect. He always congratulates his opponent properly too. Comparing these 2 to a screaming lunatic like Murray does you no favours.

Laugh Oh please. I take it you conveniently choose to forget head-butting referees, sexual gestures with microphones, the annual 'I quit' announcements, the walking out on matches (V Hendry) mid-flight, the wish to play the world championships in prison, the spiteful comments to Hendry etc etc etc.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Thu 05 Jul 2012, 1:19 pm

I am sorry craig, can't read your messages anymore as you are on foe. I am sure what you have written is yet more crap though! heart

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 05 Jul 2012, 1:36 pm

Ditto Seifer ditto.

Final Score:-

Stephen Hendry 7 Ronnie O'Sullivan 4

Wink
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 08 Jul 2012, 10:11 am

Allen was a little bit silly to be honest. I love that he is open and honest and speaks his mind but he really should have chosen better words.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 08 Jul 2012, 11:15 am

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/4416598/Australian-Open-boycott-as-snooker-stars-hit-by-tax-rip-off.html

Mark Allen loves causing trouble. Where's this new "bad boy" (I hate that expression) image come from?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down