The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGA Tour: The Olympic Game: Notes from the Ballwasher

+45
oldparwin
Doon the Water
Thomond
Dave.
ralphjohn69
George1507
mthierry
Slowride
beninho
Hibbz
LastDamnation
Diggers
SmithersJones
mystiroakey
monty junior
Faldono1fan
AlciG
kwinigolfer
Conehead
Sand
pedro
navyblueshorts
barragan
Plunky
NedB-H
twoeightnine
dynamark
raycastleunited
Leff
Islingtonv2
Shotrock
GPB
princedracula
hend085
delToro87
robopz
John Cregan
EmmDee57
Fader
McLaren
Skydriver
neutral07
sirbenson
super_realist
incontinentia
49 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

PGA Tour: The Olympic Game: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 2 Empty PGA Tour: The Olympic Game: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by incontinentia Sat 09 Jun 2012, 2:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

1).Notes this week from the Land That WiFi Forgot; but the beach cricket pitches are spectacular - if anyone only knew how to play. So: Notes very short, if not sweet.

2).Last week's entertainment in Memphis was predictably unpredictable. Good to have Dustin Johnson back in Victory Lane, but a short stint in front of the telly would have suggested that, if Rory had made just half the putts he missed under five feet, he'd have probably won.

3).Glimmer of form from two unlikely Aussie sources with Nick O'Hern registering his first top 25 finish of the season. Expect him also to play well in Hartford in a fortnight. And Robert Allenby was back on the leaderboard after a couple of months in the weeds. Allenby, who could always be depended upon for his ball-striking - and his unpredictable short game. Now the whole lot has been unpredictable. Maybe that will change with some confidence from a good result..

4).More good results from Greg Owen, now almost certain to qualify, not just for The Barclays, but for the Deutsche Bank also.

5).Dustin Johnson now has six wins since 2007 - only Woods (16), Mickelson (10), Stricker (9) and Zach (7) have more. About 3/1 against one of those five increasing his total this week?

6).Robert Karlsson has sunk to #50 in the World Rankings, perhaps just a continuation of his rotten form away from leaving for the Top 50 for the first time in over 4 years. The leaders in consecutive weeks in the top 50 might surprise:
Mickelson - 968
Donald - 406
Poulter - 299
Stricker - 275
Zach Johnson - 270
Westwood - 249
Kaymer - 229

7).No-one has won the US Open after winning on the PGA Tour the previous week, in recent history at least. Dustin Johnson has a lot to prove and his successes (and an ultimate disappointment) at Pebble Beach suggest that he's a strong candidate to upset that line in the record book. But the past two US Opens at Olympic have been won by Scott Simpson and Lee Janzen, top-class golfers to be sure but known better for steady play and sometimes excellent short games. Furyk-like, Donald, Stricker? Not sure I've got the faintest idea, but Olympic will certainly test the patience.

8).More as an item of interest than an indicator for this week, the 1998 leaders from this week's field include:
5th: Stricker
7th: Westwood
10th: Cink, Mickelson
14th: Furyk, Kuchar
18th: Woods
23rd: Casey Martin
25th: Bjorn, Singh,
32nd: Durant, Harrington
43th: Olin Browne
49th: Els

9).The forecast for Thursday and Friday at least suggests cool, breezy weather with temps not reaching 70F until the weekend. Combined with the traditional "heavy" ocean air, the course yardage of approx 7,100 yards will play much longer, especially given the very narrow actual landing areas on some fairways caused by the sloped landing areas. I'd guess that will favour a Westwood over a Donald, a Mahan over a Stricker, but really can't think of any "favourite".

10).So who are we going to be staying up late to see crowned "US Open Champion"? Not McIlroy or Donald for me, and not Bubba or even Tiger, despite his return to winning form at Memorial. In 2009 he won each of his last pre-Major start but came up empty; it would be a brave punter who bet on a repeat, but this may not be the opportunity for him. Best bet might be e.w. on someone like Peter Hanson. Or even a real stretch, Spencer Levin. And by that time I’ll have returned to the land of wi-fi.

From incontinentia (merged from another thread):

Site: The Olympic Club (Lake Course)

The course: The Lake Course was designed in 1924 by Willie Watson and Sam Whiting, and then Whiting redesigned it three years later because of significant storm damage. Its main characteristics are sloping, tree-lined fairways as the property works its way down toward Lake Merced. There is only one fairway bunker on the entire course, at the par-4 sixth. There have been minimal renovations over the years, except for a new hole created for the par-3 eighth that now plays 200 yards and was moved to the right. Hundreds of trees have been removed, opening views down toward Lake Merced.

Length: 7,170 yards
Par: 34-36—70

Last time at Olympic Club: Lee Janzen overcame a five-shot deficit against Payne Stewart and closed with a 2-under 68 for a two-shot victory. Janzen got a huge break in the final round when his ball, stuck in a tree on the fifth hole, was dislodged as Janzen was headed back to the tee to play his third shot. It was his second U.S. Open title.

U.S. Open champions at Olympic Club: Jack Fleck (1955), Billy Casper (1966), Scott Simpson (1987), Lee Janzen (1998).

Noteworthy: The four players who finished second in the U.S. Opens at The Olympic Club won a combined 27 majors. The four winners won a combined seven majors.

Quoteworthy: "Now we are going to get back to where it's not going to be so much fun and games out there. It's going to be hard work."—Johnny Miller on Olympic Club.

Key statistic: The U.S. Open is the only major Tiger Woods has not won in consecutive years.

Key coincidence: The U.S. Open champion played with Phil Mickelson in the opening two rounds twice in the last four years.

Tiger tales: Tiger Woods has gone four years without winning a major. The longest Jack Nicklaus went without a major was five years, a drought that began at age 41.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: The Olympic Game: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 2 Empty Re: PGA Tour: The Olympic Game: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by incontinentia Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:16 pm

Have to say the Phil/Tiger pairing is a mouth-watering one, Tiger will surely be looking to avenge the Pebble beach humiliation.

Can't help feeling it will be another disappointing Major for TW though Sad
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: The Olympic Game: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 2 Empty Re: PGA Tour: The Olympic Game: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by super_realist Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:20 pm

incontinentia wrote:Have to say the Phil/Tiger pairing is a mouth-watering one, Tiger will surely be looking to avenge the Pebble beach humiliation.

Can't help feeling it will be another disappointing Major for TW though Sad

Yahoo Ale Laugh

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:33 pm

Great article Kwini, pumped for this week! Good luck Harrington

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 13 Jun 2012, 2:00 pm

Good ball-washing kwini, you on holiday?

Can't wait for this to get going tomorrow, history of upsets at this course wonder if we're in store for another one...
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 13 Jun 2012, 2:01 pm

Great article as always Kwini.

Spencer Levin... I hope not! Seems a real jerk to me, also seems like a bottler so can't imagine him defending a lead on the back 9 on Sunday.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Wed 13 Jun 2012, 2:05 pm

Levin doesn't strike me as someone who would have the patience to win a major let alone the US OPEN!

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 13 Jun 2012, 2:18 pm

Kwini

hope you are enjoying your vacation and another great ballwasher for us to get stuck into. Thanks.

I agree on your point about Levin sirbenson, you will neead to learn that stretches of 6 holes or so at +4 might be the norm this week.

Do we know what the area's around the greens are like, and whether they will allow those with great recovery skills to show them off?

So are we looking at run offs or 6 inches of rough straight after the apron?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Wed 13 Jun 2012, 2:25 pm

McLaren wrote:Kwini

hope you are enjoying your vacation and another great ballwasher for us to get stuck into. Thanks.

I agree on your point about Levin sirbenson, you will neead to learn that stretches of 6 holes or so at +4 might be the norm this week.

Do we know what the area's around the greens are like, and whether they will allow those with great recovery skills to show them off?

So are we looking at run offs or 6 inches of rough straight after the apron?

Exactly stretches of four over from six holes will more than likely happen it is just about keep patient and scoring on the more scoreable holes, even though reports of the par 5's and short par 4s suggest they will hardly be gimme birdies.

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 13 Jun 2012, 2:41 pm

Mac The comp website fo reach hole is worth a look shows a real mix.Par 3 surrounded by 6 inch thick stuff and then long run offs in other places.One thing for certain it looks very difficult.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Wed 13 Jun 2012, 3:06 pm

Nice write up Kwin ... hope you're enjoying your vacation and that the weather is not too hot down in Dixie (assume that's where you are).

Just no clear favorite going into this thing.

Mac - Looks like they shaved off plenty of areas around the green, so managing the approach shots to the "green inside the green" will be very important.

Iron masters Luke Donald or Zach Johnson could do some real damage if they can get their ball in the fairway. And Tiger and Rory have that extra gear that could vault them to the top. Or, will it be the plodders who avoid the big number and just buddy up to old man par?

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 13 Jun 2012, 3:57 pm

"Mac - Looks like they shaved off plenty of areas around the green, so managing the approach shots to the "green inside the green" will be very important."

i hope no one has any money on Westwood in which case.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by twoeightnine Wed 13 Jun 2012, 6:10 pm

I'm pretty clueless as to who it is going to suit this week. There aren't many stand outs who have the straight off the tee and demon short games out there. I'm not sure that length will really count this week so maybe it will play into the hands of someone like Phil Mickleson who will have to keep the driver locked up so become more accurate off the tee and obviously he pretty handy from 100 in. Just not sure about his form. Was fancying Bradley as think he has the game but seems burnt out.

I also found it funny reading about the players complaining about the 600yd par5 being too long. "I had to hit driver, 2 iron, wedge." Well welcome to how the rest of us play a par 5 - in three shots!

twoeightnine

Back to top Go down

Post by twoeightnine Wed 13 Jun 2012, 6:34 pm

delToro87 wrote:
Leff wrote:The pairings for the first 2 days couldn't have been random happenings. Rolling Eyes

Are they ever?
The pairings are never drawn out so they aren't even trying to pretend. They do tend to have some basic ideas of what they would like to have but I cannot remember what they are. I think I saw them in the book A Good Walk Spoiled. Or the author's other book.

Looking forward to a tough course but hope the USGA haven't got too over excited following last year. Really if you removed Rory and and the top 6 you were about right for a US Open and then you have to add in the conditions leading up to it.

While Shinnecock was dramatic the greens were pretty ridiculous and I believe that was a reaction to the previous year. Sounds as though they have firmed up the greens which can make it a bit of a lottery. US Opens shouldn't be golf darts but you should have a chance with staying straight off the tee and playing your approach to the right part of the green giving you a decent two putt chance.

Quite excited by this major if only because it gives me the chance to see the sun (though my TV) for 4 days. Training at 6.15 on Monday morning could be tough if there is a Brit in contention come Sunday night.

Just looked back and seen that the Goose has won the year after a low one (Tiger -12 then Furyk -8). A very outside punt. But he is the type of player.

twoeightnine

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 13 Jun 2012, 7:08 pm

Obviously the US isn't a random draw but there is no reason why such a draw couldn't come out the same way if it had been random.
Statistically six consecutive numbers are just as likely to be drawn as six disparate numbers, a random golf draw could produce the same.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Wed 13 Jun 2012, 7:43 pm

Quiros apparently made a hole in one on the par 4 7th in practice!

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Wed 13 Jun 2012, 7:47 pm

Quiros apparently made a hole in one on the par 4 7th in practice!

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Wed 13 Jun 2012, 7:55 pm

I like the "3 Chucks Group" - Howell, Schwartzel, Pettersson

Someone mentioned they missed the avian opportunity with Byrd, Crane and Herron.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Wed 13 Jun 2012, 8:44 pm

super_realist wrote:Obviously the US isn't a random draw but there is no reason why such a draw couldn't come out the same way if it had been random.
Statistically six consecutive numbers are just as likely to be drawn as six disparate numbers, a random golf draw could produce the same.
Statistically the consecutive numbers are just as likely to be drawn as any given six disparate numbers... problem is there are a lot more possible sets of disparate numbers than consecutive ones

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunky Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:58 pm

Shotrock wrote:I like the "3 Chucks Group" - Howell, Schwartzel, Pettersson

Someone mentioned they missed the avian opportunity with Byrd, Crane and Herron.

Not possible in this event, but I'd like to see the group of Weekley, Baddeley, and Lamely !

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:01 pm

Navy, i feel like i've ruined kwini's thread. Can you make kwini's article the opening post if possible? Thanks
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:13 pm

incontinentia wrote:Navy, i feel like i've ruined kwini's thread. Can you make kwini's article the opening post if possible? Thanks
Done my best using my mobile. Will have a proper go on the pc tomorrow at some point if navy doesn't get there first.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:52 pm

incontinentia wrote:Navy, i feel like i've ruined kwini's thread. Can you make kwini's article the opening post if possible? Thanks
Ruined it? Not at all. When I saw your thread I knew Kwini normally posts a thread for each PGA event so knew there'd be a U.S. Open one on the way and thought it would make sense to merge the two as they'd be covering a lot of the same stuff I would think. Hope you don't mind.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Leff Wed 13 Jun 2012, 11:15 pm

Kwini, This is a beautifully crafted thread. thumbsup

If you can stick US Open somewhere in the title, I won't have to search for the proper thread for the next four days.

Looking forward to these chats.

Leff

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 13 Jun 2012, 11:28 pm

I wonder which McIlroy will show up... Seems he has got that extra gear. Came close last week, albeit in a weak field. Bookies don't seem to fancy him. And Westwood? Tee to green he's got what it takes, but has been missing too many short putts lately. If he gets his putter warm-ish he could easily end up on top.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 13 Jun 2012, 11:36 pm

No i don't mind, i know kwini's is the main thread. It seems to be fixed now anyway, thanks!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 13 Jun 2012, 11:39 pm

navy

you seem to have placed kwini's article somewhere in amongst the normal posts. You might want to sort that out.

here is the Quiros hole in one on the 7th

http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2012/6/13/caught-on-tape-quiros-aces-the-short-par-4-7th.html

Watch closely, just before the guy rises his arms the ball rolls in.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:24 am

Am i being blind but really struggling to see the ball go in Rolling Eyes

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:33 am

Sand - you have to watch it in 'full screen' mode to be able to see it.
After you press play, you get the 'full screen' control somewhere near the bottom-left corner of the screen and click that. Quiros's ball lands on the lower part of the green just about when that guy is picking another ball from the green. Takes a couple of bounces and rolls in the hole. I could only spot it in the full screen mode, so try that...

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:37 am

No don't think your blind, I barely noticed it to. Some feat though, I'd be happy to drive a par for once in a blue moon let alone bag an ace at one.

Great thread as always, been looking at the set up and comments of the course and players.

Firstly will Gary Woodland and not so "Butch" Harmon quit bitching. There's a par 5 the poor form of Woodland can't reach in 2! There's a shame that a par 5 will take the regulation 3 shots for them to reach. Welcome to how the rest play golf regularly.

Likewise it'll show proof that power isn't always the be all and end all. Would like to see LW win as he has shown time and again tee to green he is imperious, problem is on and around the green, but even just a solid week around the greens with his long game could be enough.

I think Tiger could shine this week don't know why but if he brings memorial form to the show he could bag his next title.

The course does look, long, penal and in impeccable condition I'd love to play some of these tour venues to see how I'd fair on them! Probably seriously struggle though

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 14 Jun 2012, 10:09 am

Fader wrote:...The course does look, long, penal and in impeccable condition I'd love to play some of these tour venues to see how I'd fair on them! Probably seriously struggle though
Probably? You'd struggle! Not far from me we have Hollinwell (great course if you have a chance to play it some time btw), not on a championship rota although does get the occasional amateur event. Used to get the opportunity to play it off the championship (known locally as the "tombstone", for good reason) tees on occasion and it was a beast. Consider myself a decent enough player but that was a bit of an eye opener. Would be (masochistic?) fun though to play a U.S. Open venue in championship setup from the tips...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 10:14 am

only thing counting against westy is that you will probably have more 4 footers for par than usual on this track....

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 10:34 am

anybody know if theyve done anything to the 18th green since the last time it was played here?
seems like crazy golf last time out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgpL_M6wlNg&feature=related

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Thu 14 Jun 2012, 10:50 am

30 times Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods have been paired on the PGA TOUR. Head's up they're 13-13-4, with Tiger having a slight total scoring advantage 69.53 to 69.97. Here are the rounds.

Year - PM - TW -
1997 - 75 - 75 - PGA Championship Rd 4
1997 - 72 - 72 - NEC Invitational Rd 2
1997 - 72 - 68 - TOUR Championship Rd 2
1998 - 67 - 68 - Nissan Open Rd 1
1998 - 76 - 73 - Nissan Open Rd 2
1999 - 73 - 72 - U.S. Open Championship Rd 3
2000 - 69 - 67 - NEC Invitational Rd 3
2000 - 65 - 67 - Buick Open Rd 3
2000 - 67 - 68 - TOUR Championship Rd 1
2001 - 72 - 66 - PLAYERS Championship Rd 3
2001 - 70 - 68 - Masters Tournament Rd 4
2002 - 70 - 71 - TOUR Championship Rd 1
2002 - 69 - 70 - TOUR Championship Rd 4
2003 - 72 - 68 - Buick Invitational Rd 4
2005 - 69 - 66 - Ford Championship at Doral Rd 4
2006 - 72 - 68 - Ford Championship at Doral Rd 3
2006 - 69 - 69 - PGA Championship Rd 1
2006 - 71 - 68 - PGA Championship Rd 2
2007 - 70 - 72 - Deutsche Bank Championship Rd 1
2007 - 64 - 64 - Deutsche Bank Championship Rd 2
2007 - 66 - 67 - Deutsche Bank Championship Rd 4
2008 - 71 - 72 - U.S. Open Rd 1
2008 - 75 - 68 - U.S. Open Rd 2
2009 - 67 - 68 - Masters Tournament Rd 4
2009 - 69 - 72 - WGC-HSBC Champions* Rd 4 *unofficial
2010 - 67 - 70 - BMW Championship Rd 4
2011 - 73 - 70 - WGC-Cadillac Championship Rd 1
2011 - 71 - 74 - WGC-Cadillac Championship Rd 2
2011 - 72 - 70 - WGC-Cadillac Championship Rd 3
2012 - 64 - 75 - AT&T Pebble Beach National Rd 4

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by Conehead Thu 14 Jun 2012, 11:20 am

Lurked for a while but though a Major week was a good time to get involved.

Would love Westwood to win. His driving and iron play are up there with the very best and he's certainly playing well enough to contend. His putting on the final day in the Nordea Masters was worrying as per usual he set himself up with plenty of birdie chances but missed a hell of a lot from inside 8 foot. In contrast, in one of the earlier rounds he only took 20 putts so it's not like he doesn't have the ability to putt well.

Tiger - who knows at the moment. One week he looks like he has the ball under control and then the next his driving and distance control is all over the place.

Had a few cheeky EW's on Poulter,Hansen and Levin at quite long odds. All been playing well recently and Paddy Power pay top 6.

Looking forward to the week. Just a shame about the time delay. Long night ahead on Sunday night if people decide to watch till the end!

Conehead

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Thu 14 Jun 2012, 11:26 am

robo - I often wondered if Phil is not overplaying lately that phrase "Tiger is bringing the best in me". If there's something in this, based on your list of results, it seems to happen mainly in the final round: 68.8 (PM) vs 69.9 (TW)
But for rounds 1&2 the stats are in fact against him, and he probably should be more worried than hopeful: 70.5 (PM) vs 69.5 (TW)...

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 14 Jun 2012, 11:33 am

Robo

Thanks for some great info, although I have come to expect nothing less from yous.

I bet they would both take their current playing together scoring average for round 1. and probably 2,3 and 4. Even if you round it up.

Conehead

Welcome to the world of posting, thankfully I stocked up on some good coffee last weekend so the late nights will be a little easier.

The last time the US open was in California I watched the coverage from a little bar overlooking the pacific while enjoying the local beer. I guess sitting in your boxers with some crisps is just as good.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Conehead Thu 14 Jun 2012, 11:50 am

Thanks for the welcome McLaren.

If Westwood or Donald are in contention on the final day it could be a very painful Monday morning in the office as it would be hard to leave the coverage when i've been willling them to win majors for years.

Really think this could be the event that one of them breaks their duck. Course doesn't really give any advantage to the bombers and for once hitting fairways and greens seems a must compared to other courses where players can spray it and still post good scores.

Conehead

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 11:55 am

what time is it likely to finish on Sunday if all goes to plan? might take Monday morning off if theres some Euros in the mix friday afternoon!

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by twoeightnine Thu 14 Jun 2012, 11:57 am

hend085 wrote:anybody know if theyve done anything to the 18th green since the last time it was played here?
seems like crazy golf last time out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgpL_M6wlNg&feature=related

That's mad. I understand the exec's reasoning but hope that they have learned from that mistake. It was Daly's putt that I thought showed it the worst. Straight up the hill and straight back down. Can you imagine being an amateur playing on that?

twoeightnine

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 14 Jun 2012, 12:13 pm

Interestingly the course that will be used for the US open was not originally thought of as Olympic clubs main course. The other course at the club (ocean course) used to have a number of holes running along the coast which fell into the sea. Not sure if this was slowly or in a sudden land slide. Even after this I don’t think the lake course became as highly regarded until well after the Second World War.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Conehead Thu 14 Jun 2012, 12:30 pm

hend085 wrote:what time is it likely to finish on Sunday if all goes to plan? might take Monday morning off if theres some Euros in the mix friday afternoon!

Around 3.30am I imagine.

The UK group is off at 9.30pm UK time tonight and there are groups teeing off an hour and a half after that.

If they use the last tee off time on the Thursday as the same on Sunday you're not going to have the final pair off until 11.00pm. May be slightly earlier as it will be 2 players not 3 but still gonna be a pretty late one.

Conehead

Back to top Go down

Post by Leff Thu 14 Jun 2012, 12:40 pm

Lovely weather in SF.

Leff

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 14 Jun 2012, 1:09 pm

So is SF currently 8 hours behind UK time?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 14 Jun 2012, 1:19 pm

McLaren wrote:So is SF currently 8 hours behind UK time?

yes
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Thu 14 Jun 2012, 1:39 pm

Good luck Padraig!

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 14 Jun 2012, 1:51 pm

sirbenson wrote:Good luck Padraig!

Hopefully Tiger will run afoul of an Irishman!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Thu 14 Jun 2012, 2:05 pm

well worth at look at Geoff Shackleford blog.he has some short vids at low level that give an idea of the severity of the course.
Navy Blue .Weve done Hollinwell a few times over last few years and would concur.After the first its a right old battle especially when they leave the rough up.Great though

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Thu 14 Jun 2012, 2:58 pm

princedracula wrote:robo - I often wondered if Phil is not overplaying lately that phrase "Tiger is bringing the best in me". If there's something in this, based on your list of results, it seems to happen mainly in the final round: 68.8 (PM) vs 69.9 (TW)
But for rounds 1&2 the stats are in fact against him, and he probably should be more worried than hopeful: 70.5 (PM) vs 69.5 (TW)...

PD... IMHO, Phil's one of those guys that uses whatever he can for a self motivator... he's like the optimist kid that come's upon a pile of horse dung... smiles... gets a shovel and start's digging. When somebody comes by and asks what he's doing, he replies, "With all this horse Poopie, there's got to be a pony in here somewhere."

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Thu 14 Jun 2012, 3:08 pm

Sky Sports Golf ‏@SkySportsGolf
Join us from 3.30pm on SS1HD Red Button for Woods, Mickelson & Watson feature group

Sky just tweeted that!

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Thu 14 Jun 2012, 3:12 pm

Why not this week?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/13/sports/golf/13iht-srusopen13.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&ref=golf

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next