The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Westwood & the elusive first major

+23
kwinigolfer
George1507
SmithersJones
Thomond
GunsGerms
Slowride
Diggers
McLaren
hend085
detones
Fader
john manly
1GrumpyGolfer
incontinentia
super_realist
mystiroakey
Tinmar
John Cregan
Bob_the_Job
Shotrock
navyblueshorts
Skydriver
Seanusarrilius
27 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Westwood & the elusive first major - Page 6 Empty Westwood & the elusive first major

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, another good challenge from our Lee ends with a Sunday tail off. No issues with it, course was beastly and many other top names did the same. But at 39, are we ever going to see the big W in the major column that Westy deserves?

Monty couldn't do it, and it still irks me. Garcia seems to have fallen by the weigh side in recent years too.

Majors are so competitive now, and as this weekend shows, it is not just the big boys in the mix.

Stars like Donald, Westwood and even Rose are all yet to win one and I worry that as a career develops into it's prime like Westwood’s has, then perhaps they have built up some psychological walls in their own minds.

Darren Clarke should give them all hope, of course, but really hope Westwood can bag one in next couple years.

Which of our top golfers do we think will get there, eventually?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Westwood & the elusive first major - Page 6 Empty Re: Westwood & the elusive first major

Post by Diggers Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:18 pm

He's not out of it but he has made life very hard for himself thats for sure. Lets face it as far as the bookies will be concerned he is more likely to miss the cut right now that to win the thing.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Westwood & the elusive first major - Page 6 Empty Re: Westwood & the elusive first major

Post by mystiroakey Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:20 pm

well he is 85pts on betfair diggs- but many many golfers have won from 84/1

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Most of the ones who won from 84/1 started at odds of 84/1, they didnt have those odds after a pony first round Mysti.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:28 pm

makes no odds mate, happens loads of times as i said. Loads of golfers win after being 9 back after round one- its unlikely but it happens.

But then there are players that are 4 behind yet are 300 if not 1000 pts and they could offcourse also win

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:31 pm

I think Id swap it happens loads of times for it can happen. I agree with you he's not out of it but he is 85/1 for a reason. I dont think you'll be rushing out to bet your life savings on him...but he might be worth a cheeky fiver.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:32 pm

dude all i know is that many golfers have won from 85/1 shot within play - maybe not so much being 9 back So you are right to say it can happen rather than it happens alot...

I would write him off in many events from this position- but it being the open, I think we could see a dramatic switch in fortunes and leaders as we allways do in majors anyway

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:37 pm

I cant imagine what the spread score bet is on this- because it is gonna be purely down to the weather rather than players. the winning score could be plus 3 or 16 under from my pov

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:39 pm

the bookies actually have it at about 8 under. but i am not so sure

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:40 pm

What he really needs is good weather tomorrow afternoon, he rarely shoots bad rounds back to back so if hets the rub then he can shoot 65 and game on especially if it blows in the morning.
Lets hope so, definitely want him in the mix on Sunday.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:42 pm

yep he needs abit of luck..

The one thing that may help him is that the pressure could be of his back tommorow

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6