The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Ascot - Tuesday

3 posters

Go down

Royal Ascot - Tuesday Empty Royal Ascot - Tuesday

Post by sportform Mon 18 Jun 2012, 11:48 pm

There were a few on here who post during the Cheltenham Festival so I thought I would put up some daily threads for Royal Ascot too for those wanting to discuss their tips, winners and losers or just the racing itself.

Royal Ascot kicks off on Tuesday with the Queen Anne Stakes and superstar FRANKEL will be looking to extend his unbeaten run to 11. The Sir Henry Cecil trained colt is currently 1/6 will you can back the field at 7/2. The field doesn't look the strongest renewal with Excelebration, a four time runner up to Frankel, being the biggest danger. Strong Suit and Worthadd are the best of the rest.

The King's Stand Stakes over 5f is the second race on the card and is a far more open affair. Bated Breath won the Group 2 Temple Stakes at Haydock last time out and will be looking to take this on route to taking on the mighty Black Caviar on Saturday. The French-trained WIZZ KID won a Group 3 event impressively two weeks ago and looks to have been ready for this race. Ortensia leads the challenge for Australia. The horse is 3-3 for his current yard, including a win over Sole Power in Meydan and has to be respected. Spirit Quartz and Tangerine Trees could be the best of the biggest priced runners.

The third Group 1 of the day is the St James' Palace Stakes and the Aidan O'Brien-trained Power is likely to go off favourite. The colt was well beaten in the 2000 Guineas at Newmarket but bounced back to win the Irish version. How strong that renewal was has yet to be seen however. The French Guineas winner Lucuyan is another whose form is hard to gauge. Fencing is a very interesting runner. He was outstayed by Bonfire in the Dante over 10 furlongs after finishing sixth behind Camelot in the 2000 Guineas. Stable jockey William Buick has opted for The Nile though. The one to be on though could be the highly regarded MOST IMPROVED who found all kinds of trouble in the French Derby on his seasonal bow and will surely get a better run here.

There looks some very nice types in the Coventry Stakes. Sir Prancealot leads the betting for Richard Hannon having impressively won a listed race at Sandown last time out. Cristoforo Colombo leads the Ballydoyle challenge while Charlie Hills runs the much touted Englishman. My preference is the Jim Bolger-trained DAWN APPROACH who has stayed on well in all his races and should take this on route to bigger things. New Pearl was impressive on his debut before disappointing last time out but may appreciate the softer ground. Olympic Glory 20-1 and Top Boy 66-1 could be interesting at larger prices.

The Ascot Stakes over 2 and a half miles is the longest race of the day and is dominated by jumps trainers. Willie Mullins runs the the favourite Simenon, David Pipe has Ashbrittle and Fiulin and Nicky Henderson sends Vieled and Sentry Duty. AL KHAWANEEJ won well at Goodwood last time over 2m and looks likely to improve further.

The final race of the opening day is another two year old race, the Windsor Castle Stakes. Lyric Ace is the favourite for messrs Hannon and Hughes and will try to make all. Sometalkinrascal was second behind Englishman before a comfortable win and could go well. PAY FREEZE for Mick Channon is the one to beat though having bolted home at York last time after finishing a close second to the useful Sir Patrick Moore. Alhebayeb and Ask Dad are others to watch while Ajmany, currently 16-1, is an interesting newcomer and is worth keeping an eye on in the betting market.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Royal Ascot - Tuesday Empty Re: Royal Ascot - Tuesday

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jun 2012, 1:55 am

I must confess I have been a little hooked by the Black Caviar story. Not sure how she will cope with the Ascot turf and possible wet weather. She is set to run in the Jubilee Stakes on the 23rd. OK
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/horse-racing/18330460

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 20 Jun 2012, 8:26 am

I know someone who has a £500 double on Frankel and Black Caviar @ 1/5 and 1/3

All just to win £200 Laugh

So far so good.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jun 2012, 8:50 am

According to Timeform, Frankel is now the best racehorse "ever" - or since they started to evaluate horses. Pretty well a brute of a performance yesterday in the Queen Anne stakes - he lost a shoe early in the race, yet still nearly managed a course record on softish ground.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 20 Jun 2012, 5:39 pm

I was gutted.

I had Frankel, Little Bridge, Most Improved and Sir Prancealot in a fourfold.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down