The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I suspected Roddick might wave goodbye today.....

2 posters

Go down

I suspected Roddick might wave goodbye today..... Empty I suspected Roddick might wave goodbye today.....

Post by bogbrush Sat 30 Jun 2012, 6:55 pm

.... and I think he just did.

He brought plenty to the tournament.

I was privileged to see him beat Lleyton Hewitt in 5 in the 2009 quarter, the year he lost the final having been broken once in 38 service games.

Good career, a Slam winner and that's better than most.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

I suspected Roddick might wave goodbye today..... Empty Re: I suspected Roddick might wave goodbye today.....

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jun 2012, 7:06 pm

A fitting end to his Wimbledon career on Centre Court if it is to be his last Sad

Back to top Go down

I suspected Roddick might wave goodbye today..... Empty Re: I suspected Roddick might wave goodbye today.....

Post by lydian Sat 30 Jun 2012, 7:33 pm

A good tennis servant...a shame about 2009...that 3rd set TB volley will haunt him forever. But in truth he's struggled to keep pace with the 'modern' game beyond 2005.

Kind of ironic how he's been beaten by an older guy today though...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 30 Jun 2012, 7:35 pm

lydian wrote:A good tennis servant...a shame about 2009...that 3rd set TB volley will haunt him forever. But in truth he's struggled to keep pace with the 'modern' game beyond 2005.

Yeah, though the game has changed towards Ferrer and away from Roddick.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jun 2012, 7:40 pm

lydian wrote:A good tennis servant...a shame about 2009...that 3rd set TB volley will haunt him forever. But in truth he's struggled to keep pace with the 'modern' game beyond 2005.

He was a contender and US Open champion and made millions playing a sport he was good at. Ferrer is a late bloomer to Roddick and his game is not based around an explosive first serve and rocket ground strokes.

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 30 Jun 2012, 7:44 pm

Yep...Roddick is a fast court player. He even changed his FH to western grip to make it a more rallying shot but that just made it loopy and took the flat sting out of it. He kind of came from the American Sampras/Agassi HC era...had he been born 10 yrs earlier he might have achieved more in the game...outside Samp/Agassi that is.

He also ushered in the latest breed of big serve, big FH americans (before the FH changed)...a breed USTA have deemed should be made extinct...hence binging in EU clay courts and coaches.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down