The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toole in serious condition following Aintree fall

3 posters

Go down

Toole in serious condition following Aintree fall Empty Toole in serious condition following Aintree fall

Post by Caf Mon 11 Apr 2011, 12:44 pm

Jockey Peter Toole is in a medically-induced coma after sustaining head injuries at Aintree on Saturday.

The 22-year-old rider suffered bleeding on the right side of his brain when 100-1 shot Classic Fly fell at the first fence during the Maghull Novices' Chase.

Toole was taken to Fazakerley Hospital, near Aintree, but was later transferred to the neighbouring Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery.

Trainer Charlie Mann, to whom Toole is attached, said: 'He's in an induced coma and he won't be brought out until Monday at the earliest.

'He has bleeding on the right-hand side of his brain. He also dislocated a shoulder which has since been put back in place.

'He's on a ventilator, and it's not great - but we won't know any more until Monday.'

Toole has ridden 30 winners this season and was due to have six rides at Wincanton on Sunday.

Weighing-room colleague David Crosse added: 'I've spoken to Peter's dad who said he remains stable, but with no improvement.

'He's going to be sedated for 24 hours.'

Took this from Irish news. I hope the young man comes back to health.

Caf

Back to top Go down

Toole in serious condition following Aintree fall Empty Re: Toole in serious condition following Aintree fall

Post by Solerina Mon 11 Apr 2011, 12:53 pm

Thanks for posting this Caf.......I was just about to look for news on him.......I didn't know about this till I heard about it on breakfast TV this morning.

Get well soon Peter.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Toole in serious condition following Aintree fall Empty Re: Toole in serious condition following Aintree fall

Post by Grahame1971 Mon 11 Apr 2011, 1:01 pm

Was a shocking incident, he hit the deck with some force and i think you could tell pretty much straight away that it was serious. Just goes to show what these guys put on the line everytime they go out to ride.

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down