The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool FC Thread

+45
Stella
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
monty junior
Ent
kemet
Corporalhumblebucket
TRUSSMAN66
Josiah Maiestas
dublin_dave
Lumbering_Jack
JamesLincs
kwinigolfer
NedB-H
The Special Juan
Duty281
Gregers
Beer
Kay Fabe
drsambo1928
TopHat24/7
Gordy
mckay1402
compelling and rich
lfc91
Mat
theundisputedY2D2
Lee
hampo17
Liam
nasisillmatic
MetalMotty
mystiroakey
ncfc_Tooze
Small Time
liverbnz
mobilemaster8
LivinginItaly
Kenny
Soldier_Of_Fortune
marty2086
lorus59
GG
Good Golly I'm Olly
GSC
Crimey
49 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Liverpool FC Thread - Page 20 Empty Liverpool FC Thread

Post by Crimey Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Liverpool FC

Liverpool FC Thread - Page 20 Liverpool

Transfers in:

Fabio Borini (£11 million)
Joe Allen (£15 million)
Joe Cole (return from loan)
Oussama Assaidi (£2.4 million)
Nuri Sahin (on loan)
Samed Yesil (£1 million)

Transfers out:

Dirk Kuyt (£1 million)
Maxi Rodriguez (Free)
Fabio Aurelio (Free)
Alberto Aquilani (£7 million)
Craig Bellamy (Free)
Andy Carroll (loan)
Jay Spearing (loan)
Charlie Adam (£4 million)

Last edited by Crimey on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:59 pm; edited 6 times in total

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Liverpool FC Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Thread

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:32 am

Crimey wrote:I am slightly worried about the use of what was essentially the first team squad, even Sterling who didn't start got 45 minutes. Rodgers must see the importance of the derby match, a win there would be a huge morale boost and would certainly get the fans behind him. Benitez was the master of winning a big match to turn things around.

As admirable as it is that Rodgers is giving the Europa League a good go, and playing a weakened side against Anzhi would probably have led to a quite heavy defeat...I'm not sure the squad can be stretched across the Premier League and Europa League never mind the domestic cups as well.

I have a feeling if it had been an away game, the squad would have been much weaker.

I can see your concerns but the more this group of players play together, the quicker the team will get to know each other. I thought we played well in patches but out problem still lays with not having and out and out striker.

Assaidi was MOM for me, a constant threat all game and often picking out the right pass. I would like to see him getting more integrated into the team. Sterling oozes class for a 17 year old, composed, calm and intelligent on the ball. They were a couple of occasions with he could have passed the ball earlier but that will come with experience. Wisdom looking very solid and looks like a bright prospect, to look at him you wouldn't think he was a CB by trade.

This looks like the first season where Benitez academy overhaul seems to baring fruit. Rhodolfo Borrell needs to take the plaudits here. This is the first crop he has had all the way through and youth players that are knocking on the first team door is a revelation really (Suso, Sterling, Robinson, Flanagan, Kelly, Wisdom, Morgan), considering in recent times we have had next to no one.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:28 am

Rodgers is in a no win situation, if he puts a weaker squad out last night and we get beaten fans will be saying he was wrong. By playing Suarez, Gerrard and Co fans are saying he was wrong.

I'm actually looking forward to the derby now. I watched Everton against QPR last week and they were poor, I fancy us to win 2-0. The defence is looking better and our play is improving.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:54 am

I thought Suarez had a really poor game. The 1st 15 mins he gave the ball away with every pass.

While he is a major threat running at goal with the ball, he needs to work on his passing. It was the same in the City game, moves kept breaking down because of his poor distribution

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
azania wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:Downing Laugh

Assists - 0

Goals - 0

£20m? Shocked Laugh

Did you watch the match yesterday? Am sure he scored a 25 yard screamer? Like he did earlier in the competition. He has actually got 2 goals and 3 assists in the Eurpoa league so far kiss

He has not got a assist or goal in the league for laughterpool...Sterling is your saviour and he is better than Chamberlain in my opinion.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:17 am

Sterling is a good player with the potential to be very good maybe even special. I just hope he is managed well by all concerned, as there are too many examples of hot prospects who for various reasons fail to reach their potential. For example don't want him near the full England side this season.

I like how Rodgers is integrating our group of youngsters into the first team, even if it May be a case of circumstances rather than a deliberate choice. For the first time in years I am genuinely excited about our future with these talented youngsters. Just miss a Fowler type goalscorer to finish the moved off.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:21 am

Well Yesil is seen by many as a huge prospect and Leverkusen were apparently heavily criticised for letting him go for just £1 million.

Adam Morgan broke all of Fowler's records in the youth teams, so if anybody is supposed to come close to fitting in that hole it will be him, although performances in the youth team doesn't always equate to performances in the first team.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:33 am

The genius of PBF wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
azania wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:Downing Laugh

Assists - 0

Goals - 0

£20m? Shocked Laugh

Did you watch the match yesterday? Am sure he scored a 25 yard screamer? Like he did earlier in the competition. He has actually got 2 goals and 3 assists in the Eurpoa league so far
kiss

He has not got a assist or goal in the league for laughterpool...Sterling is your saviour and he is better than Chamberlain in my opinion.

Well he never said just the league.

And whose laughterpool?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:09 pm

Rodgers was at Blackpool yesterday. Ince/Phillips being the obvious prospects although they once had Ince
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:06 pm

Very dissappointed with the result yesterday. Although we didn't really play well, we managed to score 3 goals and the 3 points should have been our's.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:14 pm

I'm not dissapointed with that result at all. At 2-0 I was expecting us to cruise but the way Everton came back in to the game was fantastic and I actually thought they would have taken the lead before the break.

More errors at the back cost yesterday, Jones and that awful punch and Skrtel should have been putting the Fellanni cross in to the crowd.

Last edited by hampo171 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:20 pm

Shameful cheating officials robbed us again. Clueless, horrible, corrupt, cheating scum the lot of them, and people wonder why theese clowns gets so much abuse? They deserve every bit of it.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:37 pm

You can't blame Skrtel for the second goal, that has Enrique written all over it. Ball watching as Naismith cruised past him.

I was dissappointed because we thought we'd scored a last minute winner, only for it to be wrongly given as offside.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:55 pm

Not placing all the blame on Skrtel but as a defender myself if I know im outside the front post as that cross comes in I'm going to try and stick it behind for a corner he seems to pull away from it instead.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:07 pm

Disappointed with the final result given the legitimate goal at the end. But like mentioned above I too feared the worst once they had drawn level. So on balance an ok result. Another important part of the learning curve for our young team and young manager.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:01 am

While i agree with some of things that Stevie G has said regarding the derby i dont think he has done himself or the club any favours
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 am

I agree with the points he made regarding Everton but like you say, we will get negative press over this as usual.

You can tell he was clearly still angry about being robbed.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:39 am

I have a mate who is a bluenose , who really was annoyed with what Stevie said , even after i pointed out the points were valid he still wont listen ... you would think Everton were Barca the way he goes on insisting they will finish in the top 4 with the football they are playing Laugh

Not wanting to sound disrespectful but Everton WILL not finish in the top 4 ( mind neither will we )
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20