The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Terry

+21
azania
TopHat24/7
The Special Juan
super_realist
dublfcynwa
mystiroakey
Crimey
GSC
Josiah Maiestas
slyadams
marty2086
Scott is Back
Diggers
Soldier_Of_Fortune
John Cregan
compelling and rich
hampo17
bretmeharty
GG
Seve_The_Great
JamesLincs
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

John Terry - Page 3 Empty John Terry

Post by JamesLincs Mon 09 Jul 2012, 2:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

I came on today hearing that his court case is today, thinking i was going to find a thread about it. i thought it was strange there wasnt one until to my disgust i read that the maximum punishment he will be getting is a £2,500 fine....

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

John Terry - Page 3 Empty Re: John Terry

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 13 Jul 2012, 4:01 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Crimey he has never ever been notorisly ugly.. The guy is just a run of the mill cheeky london looking chappy- which alot of girs go for. He also has nothing out of place either. He is just your average lad. And i would never call him ugly.

A mate of mine is also the spit of him(and he gets plenty of girls- well he did before he got married)

The girls go for his epicly fat wallet more than his face.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 13 Jul 2012, 4:02 pm

DAVE667 wrote:"As for Cole, at least he married a fit woman who was prosecuted for a racial attack."

Ah, but she only married Ashley to prove she wasn't racist. This is how racists operate apparently.

I gather John Terry's invite to next year's Notting Hill Carnival is already in the post.

And he only married her to prove he wasn't gay.

Or at least that's what my EA told me.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 13 Jul 2012, 4:06 pm

The judge said there wa snot enough evidence. Pardon me, but what was missing? It was on camera and he admitted he said it.

Didn't he initially say he called Anton a Blind C##t?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 13 Jul 2012, 4:09 pm

azania wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:
Where I come from, his like would have been necklaced.
Because he didn't show bias towards another person who happens to have the same colour?
Ashley Cole is a saint for not being blinded by colour like you obviously are. OK

The judge did.

I don't see how Terry's use of language escapes being racist.

As for Cole, at least he married a fit woman who was prosecuted for a racial attack. I see where he's coming from. As I said, uncle Tom.
Tin foiled conspiracists... Laugh
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 13 Jul 2012, 4:11 pm

azania wrote:The judge said there wa snot enough evidence. Pardon me, but what was missing? It was on camera and he admitted he said it.

Judging by Anton's rubbish defending and playing others onside, he very well could be blind. thumbsup
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 13 Jul 2012, 4:16 pm

Will the fa reinstate him as captain?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 4:23 pm

super_realist wrote:Will the fa reinstate him as captain?

Let's hope not, he's not a great captain.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 13 Jul 2012, 4:36 pm

azania wrote:The judge said there wa snot enough evidence. Pardon me, but what was missing? It was on camera and he admitted he said it.

They couldn't prove intention Az (I'm with you on this one tho).

He has admitted he said those words but because the context couldn't be proved, he walks.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jul 2012, 4:37 pm

not gulity....what a suprise picard

he was always going to get away with it and its ridiclous!

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 13 Jul 2012, 4:54 pm

Terry was the victim of a Ferdinand family witch hunt.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jul 2012, 5:40 pm

azania wrote:Sorry to be blunt but from my view, this is white man's justice. I suppose it's ok to say the N word as long as you're being 'sarcastic' about it.

As for Cole. I called him an Uncle Tom. Where I come from, his like would have been necklaced.

Beggars belief doesn't it. Respect in football? Do me a favour. As for those defending Terry I'd like to ask what the current legislation is regards to carrying a club in public like cavemen tend to do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 13 Jul 2012, 6:31 pm

For me there has been a complete miscommunication in the whole thing. I believe Terry said the words he did in denying he said them in the first place. Its all got out of hand, even Anton said he wished it would have been taken care of by the FA.

I can't stand JT, to me he is a scumbag, but he isn't a racist.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 13 Jul 2012, 6:53 pm

mystiroakey wrote:True soldier almost like scousers John Terry - Page 3 732107 - Terry did well imo from that background,

I'll have less of that please.

His dad is a dealer
His mum is a stealer
His brother is a cheater
The Terry family

And the less said about him the better.

Chelsea would be wise not to play him next season. He was good for England as we were playing a deep line. With Chelsea playing a high line, any ball played over the top he will be exposed.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Fri 13 Jul 2012, 7:19 pm

If Anton Ferdinand was any kind of man, he wouldn't have let this ridiculous thing go so far...............the vile insults, as came out in Court were coming from BOTH players...............with all due respect to Ferdinand, he doesn't seem to be the brightest (Rio the "brainy" one in the family!!).

What do the FA do, apart from a public apology to Capello ?? Ban BOTH players for games for the vile language used in this game..............

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 7:22 pm

John Cregan wrote:If Anton Ferdinand was any kind of man, he wouldn't have let this ridiculous thing go so far...............the vile insults, as came out in Court were coming from BOTH players...............with all due respect to Ferdinand, he doesn't seem to be the brightest (Rio the "brainy" one in the family!!).

What do the FA do, apart from a public apology to Capello ?? Ban BOTH players for games for the vile language used in this game..............

It wasn't Anton Ferdinand's choice, it went to court because of a public complaint.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 7:28 pm

why would the FA give a public apology to capello??

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 7:47 pm

mystiroakey wrote:why would the FA give a public apology to capello??

Because he said that the FA shouldn't jump to conclusions and remove Terry as captain as he could be innocent, and Terry has been found innocent showing that the FA did jump the gun.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Fri 13 Jul 2012, 7:48 pm

mystiroakey wrote:why would the FA give a public apology to capello??

For making a decision about the captaincy of the England Team without his permission/approval...................it should be more of an apology to John Terry really

Capello RIGHTLY told them where to go.................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 7:49 pm

they still dont owe him an apology..

terry wasnt found innocent either- he was found not guilty

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 13 Jul 2012, 7:51 pm

The fa were wrong in the first place to tell the manager what to do- this has changed zip all, its immateiral, if terry was guilty or not they still shouldnt have told cap what to do!

they are not the type to apoligise , there allready dug there grave

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Fri 13 Jul 2012, 7:52 pm

Crimey wrote:
John Cregan wrote:If Anton Ferdinand was any kind of man, he wouldn't have let this ridiculous thing go so far...............the vile insults, as came out in Court were coming from BOTH players...............with all due respect to Ferdinand, he doesn't seem to be the brightest (Rio the "brainy" one in the family!!).

It wasn't Anton Ferdinand's choice, it went to court because of a public complaint.

I get your point, but i don't believe Ferdinand "wanted" to make a statement, he was pressurised by the PC infested FA who saw the Terry comments on TV and panicked, they then compounded that by wrongly stripping the captaincy from Terry without their managers approval..................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 13 Jul 2012, 7:52 pm

No apology needed although with a guy with a court case awaiting for racist offences, he didn't deserve to lead the England team. The right decision was made and turns out that Gerrard did a damn fine job.

As for banning players for using language, that's not realistic. Everyone swears in the heat of the moment, in work in all days of life, in every sport.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Fri 13 Jul 2012, 7:54 pm

mystiroakey wrote:they still dont owe him an apology..

To be honest Mysty, Both Ferdinand and Terry are guilty of being foul mouthed louts......................it's time referees etc put a stop to this so called "industrial banter" on a football pitch..................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jul 2012, 8:01 pm

John Cregan wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:they still dont owe him an apology..

To be honest Mysty, Both Ferdinand and Terry are guilty of being foul mouthed louts......................it's time referees etc put a stop to this so called "industrial banter" on a football pitch..................

Managers in this country could do a lot worse than take a leaf out of Brian Clough's book and fine their players for behaving like1 foul mouthed louts. Not that they will, but they should.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 14 Jul 2012, 8:58 am

JT shouldn't have even been in the squad let alone captain. Hopefully the FA won't delay his case any longer now n give him a Suarez-esque ban.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sat 14 Jul 2012, 9:06 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:JT shouldn't have even been in the squad let alone captain. Hopefully the FA won't delay his case any longer now n give him a Suarez-esque ban.

Ban him for what?? Foul language/Ungentelmanly conduct? Do you agree that Anton Ferdinand, with the vile hand gestures deserves to be banned also??

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 14 Jul 2012, 9:12 am

The FA don't need as much evidence as the CPS John, so they can go on probability of something was said, much like they did with Suarez. However is English and I can see the FA bending over and burying their heads in the sand already.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sat 14 Jul 2012, 9:21 am

hampo171 wrote:The FA don't need as much evidence as the CPS John, so they can go on probability of something was said, much like they did with Suarez. However is English and I can see the FA bending over and burying their heads in the sand already.

Agree. But surely there is little or no evidence of racism?? The CPS case was incredibly weak.................
Do you not think a 3 game ban for both players would send out a better message that this foul/disgusting behaviour on a football field is not acceptable rather that going after just Terry (again) and turning thus into a witch hunt.....................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 14 Jul 2012, 10:31 am

The FA need to have a hard stance against Terry here, he does need a ban similar to Suarez in my opinion not because I'm a Liverpool fan but because the cases are very similar. Suarez admitted saying the word however they found him guilty of probably saying it 10 times going by Evras word.

Ferdinand is saying Terry racial abused him, and a fan put a complaint in. Probably enough for the FA to hand out a similar ban, however I'd like to see refs take a harder line with all this. You never hear a rugby player swear at the referee, they are always respectful and it's disgusting that player can run at the ref screaming without so much as a warning.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sat 14 Jul 2012, 10:48 am

Ferdinand is going off a You Tube clip!! So is the fan!!

No player on either side said terry racially abused Ferdinand and a magistrate has said "not guilty".........The CPS had ZERO witnesses apart from Ferdinand who "didn't hear" anything of a racial nature!!..........the FA can ONLY say they do not believe JT's defence, in which case, they will be going 100% against a Court of Law................

Ban both Ferdinand and Terry for theie vile language for 3 games id say........................

Of course the FA have an agenda here. One of trying to jump up on the high moral ground of an "anti racism" agenda..........................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 14 Jul 2012, 11:20 am

John Cregan wrote:Ferdinand is going off a You Tube clip!! So is the fan!!

No player on either side said terry racially abused Ferdinand and a magistrate has said "not guilty".........The CPS had ZERO witnesses apart from Ferdinand who "didn't hear" anything of a racial nature!!..........the FA can ONLY say they do not believe JT's defence, in which case, they will be going 100% against a Court of Law................

Ban both Ferdinand and Terry for theie vile language for 3 games id say........................

Of course the FA have an agenda here. One of trying to jump up on the high moral ground of an "anti racism" agenda..........................

Don't make things up. The fan heard it on the pitch and reported it, hence why somebody found a clip of it to put onto youtube which Ferdinand then watched.

They chose to go on Evra's word in the Suarez case, and had it been in a court of law, Suarez would have been let off because the evidence was not strong enough to charge him with, same with the Terry case.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sat 14 Jul 2012, 12:00 pm

That's a little pedantic..............the fact that he said "black ****" is not in doubt. It is all about the context in which it was said.......................this "fan" wasn't called to give evidence was he/she?? And apparently, this "fan" was the only person who "heard it"...................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 14 Jul 2012, 12:02 pm

John Cregan wrote:That's a little pedantic..............the fact that he said "black ****" is not in doubt. It is all about the context in which it was said.......................this "fan" wasn't called to give evidence was he/she?? And apparently, this "fan" was the only person who "heard it"...................

If he didn't hear it, what was he reporting? And what did I, and millions of other people see on youtube?

The CPS chose not to make the fan give evidence, but to suggest the fan saw it on youtube is just a lie. The youtube clip only emerged because it was reported by a fan, so somebody went out and searched for it.

The context in which Suarez said "negrito" wasn't taken into account, so surely in the FA's investigation they shouldn't take it into account either. They've dug themselves into a hole.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sat 14 Jul 2012, 1:40 pm

Of course we all saw what was on youtube..............i dont think it's important what the fan "saw"/heard or lipread at the game, the fact that Terry said the words is important................obviously the context in which he said them is even more important....................

The FA decision in the Suarez case IMO was highly biased but lets not get into that.......................not sure what you are getting at as regards what FA will do now?

Do you think they should disregard context?
Do you think they should charge Ferdinand ?

There are no witnesses in this case from people who were on the pitch, so if the FA go after Terry for racist language, he'll probably sue the pants off them..............................he already probably has a case against the FA for stripping him of the captaincy of England based of allegations that he was found not guilty of...............................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 14 Jul 2012, 1:43 pm

John Cregan wrote:Of course we all saw what was on youtube..............i dont think it's important what the fan "saw"/heard or lipread at the game, the fact that Terry said the words is important................obviously the context in which he said them is even more important....................

The FA decision in the Suarez case IMO was highly biased but lets not get into that.......................not sure what you are getting at as regards what FA will do now?

There are no witnesses in this case from people who were on the pitch, so if the FA go after Terry for racist language, he'll probably sue the pants off them..............................he already probably has a case against the FA for stripping him of the captaincy of England based of allegations that he was found not guilty of...............................

I think they should investigate it in the same way, if they find Terry did use the language, they should disregard the context as they did with the Suarez case.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sat 14 Jul 2012, 2:11 pm

Crimey wrote:
John Cregan wrote:Of course we all saw what was on youtube..............i dont think it's important what the fan "saw"/heard or lipread at the game, the fact that Terry said the words is important................obviously the context in which he said them is even more important....................

I think they should investigate it in the same way, if they find Terry did use the language, they should disregard the context as they did with the Suarez case.

That's a pretty ridiculous position Crimey, i think you know that......................so you are saying that if the FA believe that JT responded to an AF accusation of racism, that he should be banned the same as if it was an unprovoked comment..................really???

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 14 Jul 2012, 2:39 pm

John Cregan wrote:
Crimey wrote:

That's a pretty ridiculous position Crimey, i think you know that......................so you are saying that if the FA believe that JT responded to an AF accusation of racism, that he should be banned the same as if it was an unprovoked comment..................really???

I'm saying they conduct their own investigation and come to their own conclusions.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sat 14 Jul 2012, 3:08 pm

Not what you said earlier, you said they should disregard context....................

Anyway, move on??

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 14 Jul 2012, 8:20 pm

The Magistrate said the wasn't enough to render a guilty verdict. He made it clear in his summation that Tery was wrong. The verdict was due to it being one man's word against another.

If AF had asked "Did you call me a black c###, surely Terry's response should have been "no" instead of repeating it.

But interestingly when the story first broke, wasn't he defense was that he said "you blind c###". Why did his story and the manner and context change.

Like the rest of his family the guy is scum. But he is what he is. My ire is with Ashley Cole. The guy is a choc ice. In such incidents he has previous in getting hitched with some biyatch who has been done for racial assault.

Terry and Cole are C####.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 15 Jul 2012, 12:56 am

Rio Ferdinand using the term "choc ice" to describe Ashley is a racially motivated term itself. None of Anton's teammates from QPR could back him up either, just playing the victim card. #crysomemoreazania Wink
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 15 Jul 2012, 2:05 am

Would you prefer I use coconut, oreo, or plain and simple Uncle Tom?

John Terry is a liar, cheat and from a family of crooks.

For the record, Rio did not use the term choc ice. Some one said it to him and he repeated it in a sarcastic manner. But what else do you call a choc ice?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 15 Jul 2012, 2:56 pm

For the record, Rio did not use the term choc ice.
He didn't JUST retweet, he added in a side comment of his own for effect Wink
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 15 Jul 2012, 3:20 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
For the record, Rio did not use the term choc ice.
He didn't JUST retweet, he added in a side comment of his own for effect Wink

"Choc ice, classic hahahahahaha".

He did call Cole a fake though. He is 100% correct. Cole is a coconut and an embarrassment.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 15 Jul 2012, 3:50 pm

What is the meaning of "choc ice" in this context?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 15 Jul 2012, 4:21 pm

super_realist wrote:What is the meaning of "choc ice" in this context?

Black on the outside but white inside.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 15 Jul 2012, 4:24 pm

Basically saying he doesn't like being black, would rather be white.

What did Ashley do apart from telling jury Terry is NOT a racist? Wink
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 15 Jul 2012, 4:55 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
Basically saying he doesn't like being black, would rather be white.

What did Ashley do apart from telling jury Terry is NOT a racist? Wink

The trial was not if Terry was a racist or not.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Mon 16 Jul 2012, 10:33 am

Crimey wrote:The context in which Suarez said "negrito" wasn't taken into account, so surely in the FA's investigation they shouldn't take it into account either. They've dug themselves into a hole.

Not quite. There was no reason for Suarez to use this word in the setting he was in unless he was being racist which is why he was banned.

Terry was obviously caught for airing his views but there was not enough evidence to prove that he was directing them at Anton Ferdinand, however his comments were still racist. Unfortuantely for Cole he was caught in two minds. As a black player does he stand up against racist comments? or does he support his mate? he chose the latter which really has condemned him.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3