The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rangers: Where is their place on this forum?

+11
Thomond
Crimey
SirJohnnyEnglish
Doon the Water
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
Soldier_Of_Fortune
JAS
bretmeharty
RinoGattuso
The Galveston Giant
super_realist
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rangers: Now they aren't in the SPL, where should forum discussion be based?

Rangers: Where is their place on this forum? Vote_lcap21%Rangers: Where is their place on this forum? Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
Rangers: Where is their place on this forum? Vote_lcap47%Rangers: Where is their place on this forum? Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 9 ]
Rangers: Where is their place on this forum? Vote_lcap32%Rangers: Where is their place on this forum? Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

Rangers: Where is their place on this forum? Empty Rangers: Where is their place on this forum?

Post by super_realist Mon 09 Jul 2012, 3:41 pm

Now the "club" is gone and no longer in the SPL, where do posts relating to them belong?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Rangers: Where is their place on this forum? Empty Re: Rangers: Where is their place on this forum?

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 09 Jul 2012, 4:21 pm

In the thread about them, stay off the 100 and the 26.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Rangers: Where is their place on this forum? Empty Re: Rangers: Where is their place on this forum?

Post by super_realist Mon 09 Jul 2012, 4:34 pm

Why would I stay off those buses?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Mon 09 Jul 2012, 6:02 pm

S_R's Rangers obsession continues.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 09 Jul 2012, 6:37 pm

Can I just ask, as a football club has Rangers gone, kuput finished. I really havent been keeping up with the saga, and the amount of times you hear about clubs almost going out of business (Portsmouth) but never do.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Mon 09 Jul 2012, 6:53 pm

No, the company that owned them have been liquidated, a new company owns them now.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 09 Jul 2012, 7:01 pm

Ah right thanks but they have been kicked out of the prem I take it?

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jul 2012, 7:07 pm

yes

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 09 Jul 2012, 7:07 pm

Yes, and hopefully down to division three. All of the players with any sense have already left so it could be tough for them to get out of whatever division they end up in. Ironically, in the long run probably as good as anything for Scottish football as it was going down the toilet slowly, now it can restart from the very bottom. Perhaps a Celtic league with the Taffs and Paddies.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 09 Jul 2012, 10:20 pm

At the moment they haven't got a place anywhere....so lets stop talking about them eh?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 09 Jul 2012, 10:40 pm

Personally I'd now take Division 3 with no more sanctions rather than Div 1 with more petty sanctions. If it's Div 3 with petty sanctions then quite frankly if I were Green I'd go for the Conference.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 09 Jul 2012, 10:43 pm

Jas, England don't want them either, its been debated ad nauseum.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 09 Jul 2012, 10:50 pm

super_realist wrote:Yes, and hopefully down to division three. All of the players with any sense have already left so it could be tough for them to get out of whatever division they end up in. Ironically, in the long run probably as good as anything for Scottish football as it was going down the toilet slowly, now it can restart from the very bottom. Perhaps a Celtic league with the Taffs and Paddies.

Are you seriously suggesting that as a viable option?. Dundee Utd can barely afford a coach to Glesca, the Stranraer / Larne ferry would kill them off. I really shudder to think of the policing costs of say Celtic v Linfield or Rangers (assuming they get back to the top flight) v Cliftonville for example. Really Super...not like you to type before you think Wink

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 09 Jul 2012, 11:00 pm

Yet you suggest that rangers join the conference when they aren't wanted? Do you really think that would work for exactly the same reasons.
Scottish, Welsh and Irish football is diabolical. They need to do something drastic with it, whether that be summer football or something similar or just accept that its going to die very quickly indeed, because if it carries on as it is then its as good as dead anyway.
Sorry, I'd forgotten about the pea sized brains of OF fans and their Irish cousins and their inherent bigotry who can't have a game of football without fighting over religion or what road their kids are permitted to walk to school on. Shame Celtic didn't go broke too, they could form their own league and play one another 38 times a season.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 10 Jul 2012, 12:16 pm

Could be an idea for Rangers to drop out of scottish football all together and start at the bottom of the English pyramid

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:04 pm

Good idea if they wanted them, but about as welcome as a dose of the clap.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:41 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Could be an idea for Rangers to drop out of scottish football all together and start at the bottom of the English pyramid

As a non-entity of a team, how can they possibly move to Engerland.

They have no history of playing, no accounts have been lodged or last year, they have 12 players,. SO really not much of a team.

They will go straight back into administration as soon as they are put down into Div 3.
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:50 pm

[quote="SetupDeterminesTheMotion"]
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Could be an idea for Rangers to drop out of scottish football all together and start at the bottom of the English pyramid

As a non-entity of a team, how can they possibly move to Engerland.

They have no history of playing, no accounts have been lodged or last year, they have 12 players,. SO really not much of a team.

They will go straight back into administration as soon as they are put down into Div 3.[/quote]

Care to explain how that one works, i hope you are planning to stick around after all the Poopie you have caused.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:31 pm

'Could be an idea for Rangers to drop out of scottish football all together and start at the bottom of the English pyramid'

Would that not be a bit of an expensive away game for Faversham Town

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:44 pm

Doon what happened to the days when it was just me, you and Gaffer on here.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:46 pm

Should this thread not be moved as well now Whistle

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:48 pm

Crimey needs to wait for his man Super to give him the nod
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:49 pm

Stop being so bitter Galveston, your team are dead. Accept it. It's only scottish football, not worth greeting about.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:50 pm

What team do you support?
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:51 pm

I don't support any team, better things to spend my money on than propping up a rubbish product.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:55 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:Crimey needs to wait for his man Super to give him the nod

I'll say it again, super_realist has not PM'd me at all. The admins know this, so you can make all the paranoid accusations you want.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:56 pm

I don't really see the problem, Rangers aren't in the SPL, why should they be in the Scottish premier section?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:59 pm

What admins? What does it matter, you played along with his silly games, why don't you do your job and tell him to stay off my thread, the whole point in him having it moved was so he didn't have to see it, which is pretty childish don't you think but then you are only 18.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 10 Jul 2012, 5:00 pm

[quote="Thomond"]I don't really see the problem, Rangers aren't in the SPL, why should they be in the Scottish premier section?[/quot

Why do you feel the need to comment then, there is more to it than just that.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 10 Jul 2012, 5:02 pm

I just think the argument's a bit pointless! Rangers deservedly got thrown out of their league, and are no longer in the SPL so shouldn't be in the SPL section! How is this an argument?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 10 Jul 2012, 5:12 pm

It seems GG would like this to be a thread where you are only allowed to post if you agree with everything he says and that you have to be positive about his favourite extinct club.

Thomond has it spot on.

I think you are getting way to upset about this GG. You'll have a heart attack if you don't take it easy.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 Jul 2012, 5:12 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:What admins? What does it matter, you played along with his silly games, why don't you do your job and tell him to stay off my thread, the whole point in him having it moved was so he didn't have to see it, which is pretty childish don't you think but then you are only 18.

The only person who has broken rules are you. You've been swearing, insulting and disrespectful to the moderation team.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 10 Jul 2012, 5:21 pm

And would you like to explain to everyone why, i have only disrespected you as you done to me.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 10 Jul 2012, 5:29 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:And would you like to explain to everyone why, i have only disrespected you as you done to me.

I moved a thread, based on nothing but what I was already doing, coincidently this was already being debated, unknown to my knowledge. I probably would have moved it sooner, but was out yesterday.

There is no problem as it is in the right area, I didn't do it because of super_realist, I did it off of my own back. You've accused me of lying. I've also PM'd super_realist to stay off your thread, so if I'm subject to anybody's will, then it yours. So stop complaining and just got on to debating something more important.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 10 Jul 2012, 5:30 pm

Galveston, take a breather, you're beginning to sound like a gangsta teenager who 'ain't gettin enuff respek'

People are perfectly entitled to write comment as long as it doesn't break house rules.
You may have started the thread but you can't control what is written on it or where it is moved.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue 10 Jul 2012, 5:31 pm

GG
I remember the old days well,.
All these Jonny come lately wind up merchants spoiling oor civilised debate.
They are just looking for their 5 mins of fame.

I started a Rangers thread on another forum which has just passed 15,000 looks and aboot 350 posts.
Believe it or not it has been very informative, quite funny at times and nae bother at a.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 10 Jul 2012, 5:43 pm

Doon, I have a question are the fans doing much to try and help out the club? While my local side Cork City are a smaller side than Rangers (would beat a fair few SPL sides I'd say though) we took over the club in 2009 and things have been running very smoothly ever since, Rangers don't have owners yet do they? I think something like that could be quite succesful considering the support Rangers has inScotland and to some extent abroad.

Shamrock Rovers are an even more well known example having reached the Europa League group stages last season.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 10 Jul 2012, 6:04 pm

Doon the Water wrote:GG
I remember the old days well,.
All these Jonny come lately wind up merchants spoiling oor civilised debate.
They are just looking for their 5 mins of fame.

I started a Rangers thread on another forum which has just passed 15,000 looks and aboot 350 posts.
Believe it or not it has been very informative, quite funny at times and nae bother at a.

Nice one Doon, unfortunate that the same cannot be said for here, the WUM's have a ring leader. The funny thing is this thread is about to be locked out at it's limit and i would have put the new thread in it's relevant section. The SFL section only has 4 threads. Maybe they should be merged.. Laugh
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 10 Jul 2012, 6:05 pm

Crimey wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:And would you like to explain to everyone why, i have only disrespected you as you done to me.

I moved a thread, based on nothing but what I was already doing, coincidently this was already being debated, unknown to my knowledge. I probably would have moved it sooner, but was out yesterday.

There is no problem as it is in the right area, I didn't do it because of super_realist, I did it off of my own back. You've accused me of lying. I've also PM'd super_realist to stay off your thread, so if I'm subject to anybody's will, then it yours. So stop complaining and just got on to debating something more important.

Cheers, i've spoke to Adam so feel better now i thought he was ignoring me. I believe you.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 10 Jul 2012, 7:47 pm

Thomond wrote:Doon, I have a question are the fans doing much to try and help out the club? While my local side Cork City are a smaller side than Rangers (would beat a fair few SPL sides I'd say though) we took over the club in 2009 and things have been running very smoothly ever since, Rangers don't have owners yet do they? I think something like that could be quite succesful considering the support Rangers has inScotland and to some extent abroad.

Shamrock Rovers are an even more well known example having reached the Europa League group stages last season.

Doon doesn't support Rangers, it just seems like he does because he acts like an adult when on here. The fans have no trust in the people behind Rangers and are reluctant to commit, you can't blame them after what has gone on.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 10 Jul 2012, 7:53 pm

Vis a vis, Irish football is better than the so called spl champions of the same year.Laugh
Can it get any lower. I doubt they'd beat a team from san Marino or the Vatican city first 11 (who could at least field 11)

If behaving like an adult is a pre-requisite of being a rangers fan, aren't you letting the side down a little with your petulant outbursts and running to the mods and accusing them of conspiracy when someone posts a contrary view on 'your' thread?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayrshirebhoy Tue 10 Jul 2012, 8:06 pm

Where did that rangers thread go? Don't see it on the sfl section? Merge the 2 sections together because it's a pita switching sections on ma phone thumbsup

Ayrshirebhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue 10 Jul 2012, 8:40 pm

It would be great if the Old Rangers fans took over the new club.
Trouble is the carpetbaggers are like flies on a dead dog.
The value of the ground Ibrox and Murray Park more or less cancel out the debt. The only way to make money is to quickly try to resurect 'Old Rangers' and make money off the fans again.
Equity aint what it used to be.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 10 Jul 2012, 8:47 pm

super_realist wrote:Vis a vis, Irish football is better than the so called spl champions of the same year.Laugh
Can it get any lower. I doubt they'd beat a team from san Marino or the Vatican city first 11 (who could at least field 11)

If behaving like an adult is a pre-requisite of being a rangers fan, aren't you letting the side down a little with your petulant outbursts and running to the mods and accusing them of conspiracy when someone posts a contrary view on 'your' thread?

So the League of Ireland which had a team reach the Europa League last year is as bad as San Marino? When did a Scottish side last reach the proper stages of a tournament? Celtic got into the group stages as another side cheated, hardly deservedly.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 10 Jul 2012, 8:48 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:
Thomond wrote:Doon, I have a question are the fans doing much to try and help out the club? While my local side Cork City are a smaller side than Rangers (would beat a fair few SPL sides I'd say though) we took over the club in 2009 and things have been running very smoothly ever since, Rangers don't have owners yet do they? I think something like that could be quite succesful considering the support Rangers has inScotland and to some extent abroad.

Doon doesn't support Rangers, it just seems like he does because he acts like an adult when on here. The fans have no trust in the people behind Rangers and are reluctant to commit, you can't blame them after what has gone on.

Same happened with us, we had absolutely no faith in our "owner " and most of the company who ran the club, he ran us to the ground and we started up a new one. Working out well know, we bough back our history, name and everything.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 10 Jul 2012, 8:58 pm

Thomond wrote:
super_realist wrote:Vis a vis, Irish football is better than the so called spl champions of the same year.Laugh

So the League of Ireland which had a team reach the Europa League last year is as bad as San Marino? When did a Scottish side last reach the proper stages of a tournament? Celtic got into the group stages as another side cheated, hardly deservedly.

"Hardly Deserved"

Well we'll never know since one team chiose to cheat in order to gain victory, hardly Celtic's fault, a guy who scored 2 goals for Sion Pascal Feindouno was ok £45,000 a week, who in the Celtic team is near that? Scott Brown on a cool £20k a week less that's who

Pascal Feindouno was one of the man inelegible players Soin fielded, now that was "hardly deserved"

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:01 pm

Thomond, you have the wrong end of the stick. I was meaning that Scottish football is the standard of san marino and the Vatican city, Irish football is clearly better given that a team actually got into Europe last year and no Scottish team did (and probably/hopefully never will do again)

Scottish teams in Europe are like Shane Lowry in the 100 metres.

Last edited by super_realist on Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:03 pm

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:Where did that rangers thread go? Don't see it on the sfl section? Merge the 2 sections together because it's a pita switching sections on ma phone thumbsup

When you go into the football section keep going down past all the sections, it's on the main page mate.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:06 pm

From what I understand Gaffer, FIFA okayed the transfer of the Sion players UEFA didn't. Celtic were beaten over the two leagues, I don't really think they should have been let in.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:24 pm

Right, here's what happened, Sion where banned from signing players, their eccentric owner refused to accept the ban and signed players regardless, the Swiss FA told them that they wouldn't be eligible to play and if they were to field those said players they would be charged with bringing the game into disripute, the Swiss FA appealed to Uefa and Fifa and Fifa left it to Uefa as it was their Jurisdiction

Sion went to court who in turn felt the Swiss FA should overturn the transfer embargo, this was when Fifa got involved, they backed Uefa and the Swiss FA and don't look favourably on clubs going to court over football issues

Celtic did lose over two legs but it was hardly a fair match when at least 6 players in the Sion team shouldn't have been on the field, again particularly when 1 of those guys scored 2 of the goals that decided the original outcome

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next