The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Premier League Signings II

+37
Reaper
Knowsit17
Luke
two_tone
Fernando
Trebs
SirJohnnyEnglish
hampo17
westisbest
The Best in the World
ncfc_Tooze
Smirnoffpriest
Imperial Ghosty
liverbnz
alanqlm
Gregers
azania
Hero
mobilemaster8
monty junior
mckay1402
LivinginItaly
JabMachineMK2
Soldier_Of_Fortune
compelling and rich
Ent
Bull
Josiah Maiestas
Liam
Mat
GG
GSC
Bathite
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
Small Time
The Special Juan
41 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 5 Empty Big Premier League Signings II

Post by The Special Juan Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here is a list of all the "big movers" to the PL this season. The table contains the player's name, club moved from and to and fee for so we can scrutinise them Wink Only players who have moved from outside the PL will be included.

[[/tr]
Player From To Fee
Santi Cazorla Malaga (Spain) Arsenal £20.24m
Olivier Giroud Montpellier (France)Arsenal £13.2m
Eden Hazard Lille (France)Chelsea £35.2m
Shinji Kagawa Borussia Dortmund (Germany) Man Utd £13.2m
Marko Marin Werder Bremen (Germany)Chelsea £8.6m
Oscar Internacional (Brazil) Chelsea £26.4m
Lukas PodolskiCologne (Germany)Arsenal £11.4m
Jan Vertonghen Ajax (Netherlands)Tottenham £7.5m
Aswad ThomasBraintree Town (England) Grimsby Town Undisclosed

Any updates would be appreciated.

Other transfers that may/may not be interesting:

Alou Diarra - West Ham
Fabio Borini - Liverpool
Gylfi Sigurdsson - Spurs
Jay Rodriguez - Southampton
Markus Rosenberg - West Brom
Michu - Swansea
Nathaniel Clyne - Southampton
Nick Powell - Manchester United
Robert Snodgrass - Norwich
Romain Amalfitano - Newcastle
Ron Vlaar - Aston Villa
Steven Naismith - Everton

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html

Last edited by The Special Juan on Sat 11 Aug 2012, 4:18 pm; edited 11 times in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 5 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by Liam Sun 22 Jul 2012, 10:30 pm

ahh first time I have heard this about Malaga, 14m must be a very good deal then. Carzola is a very good play, can play in midfield or out wide

Liam

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 5 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by azania Sun 22 Jul 2012, 10:41 pm

All we need is another deep lying box to box midfielder and EPL here we come Yahoo

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 22 Jul 2012, 10:42 pm

Carzola
Are you shoure?

Cazorla is a nice soccerball shooter. Bubbly
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 22 Jul 2012, 10:43 pm

azania wrote:All we need is another deep lying box to box midfielder and EPL here we come Yahoo

What about a RB? And a LB who can defend?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 22 Jul 2012, 10:48 pm

Liverpool seem to be linked with 8 or 9 players, are they planning on removing 8 or 9 to accomodate?
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 22 Jul 2012, 10:49 pm

Bacary is superb. Gibbs is a future England #1 LB (not that its saying much anymore). Santos is good as a left sided midfielder though and Jenkinson is not Arsenal quality. But Yannaris is a very good youngster coming through the academy.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 22 Jul 2012, 10:52 pm

azania wrote:Bacary is superb. Gibbs is a future England #1 LB (not that its saying much anymore). Santos is good as a left sided midfielder though and Jenkinson is not Arsenal quality. But Yannaris is a very good youngster coming through the academy.

Sagna had 2 broken legs last season. The last one was broken very easily by the ball after contact with a player. If he is ever the same player I will be surprised. And Gibbs is good, but I don't think is that great defensively
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 22 Jul 2012, 10:57 pm

Daily Mirror reporting that Moura is now agreed baring personal terms for 26m to Utd.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 22 Jul 2012, 10:59 pm

azania wrote:All we need is another deep lying box to box midfielder and EPL here we come Yahoo

Alex Song.....?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:01 pm

Olly wrote:
azania wrote:Bacary is superb. Gibbs is a future England #1 LB (not that its saying much anymore). Santos is good as a left sided midfielder though and Jenkinson is not Arsenal quality. But Yannaris is a very good youngster coming through the academy.

Sagna had 2 broken legs last season. The last one was broken very easily by the ball after contact with a player. If he is ever the same player I will be surprised. And Gibbs is good, but I don't think is that great defensively

It was a new break. Kind of like a freak incident He's back jogging and will be back by end of Sept. Gibbs neds a little more experience in his positional sense. He will be very good in a couple of years (before City buy him for £30m.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:02 pm

Crimey wrote:

Alex Song.....?

Someone with a bit more discipline. I always prefer two defensively minded midfielders. Just like when Arsenal had Vierra and Petit/Gilberto. One to remain behind and the other playing box to box.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:02 pm

azania wrote:
Olly wrote:

It was a new break. Kind of like a freak incident He's back jogging and will be back by end of Sept. Gibbs neds a little more experience in his positional sense. He will be very good in a couple of years (before City buy him for £30m.

Yeah it was a new break. But two breaks of a leg, you never going to be the same player. Just ask Djibrial Cisse
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:03 pm

Hero wrote:Daily Mirror reporting that Moura is now agreed baring personal terms for 26m to Utd.

Great player. But the problems with Brazilians is that they hardly play well in the EPL (Gilberto being the exception). And that kid for Middlesborough.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:05 pm

Olly wrote:
azania wrote:
Olly wrote:

Yeah it was a new break. But two breaks of a leg, you never going to be the same player. Just ask Djibrial Cisse

Good point. It depends on his mental strength. It wasn't a bad tackle like Ramsey or Eduardo so I reckon he will be ok. Plus it wasn't a clean break.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:06 pm

Arsenal also showing an interest in Ganso. Will any of the Brazilian Olympic team go back to Brazil?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:06 pm

azania wrote:
Olly wrote:
azania wrote:
Olly wrote:

Good point. It depends on his mental strength. It wasn't a bad tackle like Ramsey or Eduardo so I reckon he will be ok. Plus it wasn't a clean break.

Well I hope is the same. He is a great player. But I doubt it, it has to have some sort of mental affect. Would be good for Arsenal to get some cover there just in case
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:11 pm

Yannaris is a very good back up. He played a couple of times last year and didn't embarrass himself.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:15 am

azania wrote:
Hero wrote:Daily Mirror reporting that Moura is now agreed baring personal terms for 26m to Utd.

Great player. But the problems with Brazilians is that they hardly play well in the EPL (Gilberto being the exception). And that kid for Middlesborough.

It seems very similar to the Anderson deal as well. At least Anderson had a season under his belt in Europe.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 23 Jul 2012, 9:32 am

Oscar to Chelsea is all but done apparently Yahoo, probably the best of the young Brazilians

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:03 am

Gregers wrote:Oscar to Chelsea is all but done apparently Yahoo, probably the best of the young Brazilians

Just doesn't seem what Chelsea need. Suppose this means that the Hulk deal is off.

I think they're weakest up front, with rumours that Lukaku will be allowed to go on loan, they only really have Torres up front.

---------Torres-----

Hazard---Mata---Oscar

----Ramires---Lampard--

Cole---Terry--Cahill---Ivanovic

----------Cech--------------

That's a decent side if Hazard and Oscar settle in and Torres can get on form.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:08 pm

Ferguson reveals interest in Moura but no deal done yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:09 pm

If Sir Alex has revealed an interest in a player before they have signed, he must be close to signing. Otherwise Sir Alex will look like a numpty
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:11 pm

I dunno, Olly. He's done it in the past and we've missed out. I wouldn't read into it too much just yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:13 pm

Sainty wrote:I dunno, Olly. He's done it in the past and we've missed out. I wouldn't read into it too much just yet.

Yeah I see what you're saying. But if he doesn't sign Moura, and then gets someone else, that other player is just going to look like the backup option.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:14 pm

You're right, I guess, but at the same time, I'd imagine any player coming to United would see it as a massive deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:16 pm

Sainty wrote:You're right, I guess, but at the same time, I'd imagine any player coming to United would see it as a massive deal.

Yeah that is true. Being the backup option for Utd ain't that bad I guess Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:16 pm

Albion close to signing Argentinian international midfielder Claudio Yacob on a free transfer.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:17 pm

Given he missed out on Hazard he is the backup option
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon 23 Jul 2012, 1:13 pm

I don't know where Moura would fit in. I suppose to have Young/Nani LM and then Valencia/Moura on the right isn't exactly awful. Nani had a couple of injuries last season and Moura has been talked about being the new Jarzhino/Ronaldo.

I just would have wanted that sort of money to go towards, like I have said a million times, a CM who can dictate the pace of the game (Scholes), a CDM (Strootman) and a LB (Baines).

I don't know, maybe we have somehow got some serious money to spend and we can still get all these players but I highly doubt it. Glazers are the worst thing to happen to Utd, god knows who we could have signed if the debt wasn't an issue, which unfortunately its is an issue.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Jul 2012, 2:24 pm

Anybody want to take over West Brom in a mock premier league game?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 23 Jul 2012, 2:38 pm

Yeah go for it, send me the rules.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Jul 2012, 2:43 pm

GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Jul 2012, 2:48 pm

GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 23 Jul 2012, 2:51 pm

Right cool, who runs the game. I'll fiddle about later - looks like someone has shaped the west brom squad then quit though?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Jul 2012, 2:52 pm

Yeah unfortunately, same thing happened with Chelsea. Theres 5m put in every4 weeks or so though and you'll get money at the end of the year
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 23 Jul 2012, 2:53 pm

Ent wrote:Right cool, who runs the game. I'll fiddle about later - looks like someone has shaped the west brom squad then quit though?

OnlyTrebleWinners (or OTW) runs the game. He has pretty much done that yes, although that is a decent squad there. He seemed to like bringing in MLS players for some reason lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 23 Jul 2012, 7:05 pm

I'll have you know Man Utd have signed a CM... Nick Powell... Laugh

Is Lucas the creative midfielder we are needing? It's a huge gamble, hopefully it pays off, but I'm not entirely sure what position he plays in. I've heard many different opinions of his position. Winger or CAM?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon 23 Jul 2012, 7:19 pm

Both I think. RW or in the CAM, either way its not what we need atm. That sort of money being talked about should have gone elsewhere i.e. cm where we have needed a top quality player since about 2008.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:26 am

N'Zonzi to Sunderland
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 24 Jul 2012, 9:48 am

Lucas to Man Utd appears to be off.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7929693/Agent-claims-Moura-deal-is-off
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Tue 24 Jul 2012, 10:05 am

How is Powell, Rodriguez, Amalfitano or Butterfield a bigger deal than Green or Park?

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 24 Jul 2012, 10:11 am

alanqlm wrote:How is Powell, Rodriguez, Amalfitano or Butterfield a bigger deal than Green or Park?

Because Butterfield and Powell are both future England players Whistle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 24 Jul 2012, 10:21 am

It started off with players that have never played in the PL before getting onto the lists but then I changed it cause someone moaned.

And who put Aswad Thomas in the table? I think I know Rolling Eyes It would have been funny had you kept to the topic title of "PL signings" by including Brett Holman, but since you put in a Conference team you just embarassed yourself.

Edit: Re-read the above paragraph, read it in an ironic tone please. It looks like I've been deeply offended Laugh
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jul 2012, 11:28 am

Newcastle have bid rejected by Marseille for Loic Remy. (not sure if this has been put up)

Basically Newcastle are expecting Demba Ba to leave for £7m and the fight for his signature will hot up in the next week. Disappointed really and I'm not a big fans of Remy at all. Everyone's looked at him including Spurs under Harry and in the end they were all put off. Also I've heard about his heart issues which have caused problems. £15m is steep and goes against Ashley's philosophy. Debuchy should sign in next few days.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 24 Jul 2012, 11:52 am

Finally. Been waiting for ages on Debuchy to do something. I can't rate Remy for 2 reasons: I've not seen huge amounts of him in a match and if he was that good, he'd be a regular starter for France surely.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:34 pm

Lucas Moura's move is indeed off
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:38 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Lucas Moura's move is indeed off

His agent has said it is off. I don't believe a word agents say. I reckon they just need to agree a fee. Lucas would jump to go to Utd
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:39 pm

Santi Cazorla to Arsenal inbound
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:42 pm

Can't say I'm disappointed, was a lot of money to gamble I thought

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 24 Jul 2012, 2:36 pm

yes lucas deal off thank god. Right let's hijack the Modric move to Madrid, offer the 30m to Spurs, sign Sahin/Strootman and Baines and we're looking good for next season.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next