Ne-ew sh-ooos

Go down

Ne-ew sh-ooos  Empty Ne-ew sh-ooos

Post by barragan on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 8:02 am

Just about to wear through another pair of soles - any rave reviews for what's out there just now? I've always found adidas shoes fit me best with their slightly wider fit, and usually choose them by default. However, the last 2 pairs of Tour 360s have worn a little quickly for my liking, so probably go for something else this time. Also spotted a lot of studless offerings in the market. What's the story performance wise with these? I play mostly parkland golf, which can be soggy at times, so perhaps sticking with softspikes are the best?

barragan

Back to top Go down

Ne-ew sh-ooos  Empty Re: Ne-ew sh-ooos

Post by busted on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:09 am

Ive got some puma's , and theyre the most cofortable I have ever had - very light and absolutely fantastic grip.

busted

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:53 am

I'm just about ready for a new pair too. Inside heel on my Tour 360s totally shredded (and far too quickly), that's it for Adidas for me too.

I've recently got a pair of pimply, knobbly, light Puma trainers, which I have been using as "summer" shoes (for both days of summer we've had this year!). They've been fine and the grip is good, but wouldn't use them in anything other than dry conditions.

The Nikes I've had have always been spot on and I think a couple of their current offerings look really good. Although, apparently you can design your own FootJoys now if you are feeling artistic!

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:05 am

Picked up a pair of Adidas 360 4.0 on Saturday for $55. Think they were supposed to be $110 as they had already been reduced $60 but I wasn't going to quibble when the guy confirmed the price.

Had an earlier version that are still comfortable so it made sense to get another pair.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:10 am

I've had a pair of Adidas for about 8 or 9 months and need a new pair where the inside of the heel has just fallen to pieces, wouldn't mind if I was your average lazy teenager taking them off without undoing them etc, but I look after them but they have been poor for the money.

Been looking at the Ecco Bioms slightly quirky looking though, also looking at Pumas to so may have to see what good deals are about certainly won't be adidas though.

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:14 am

Just started wearing FJ Sports a couple of weeks ago - they feel great after I dabbled with a pair of HiTec's that were less than comfortable.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:22 am

I also has a pair of pumas that eventually split after a few years. They were really comfortable but I can't find anything like them in their range anymore that's not silly money. Got a couple of pairs if Callaways too that are still comfortable.

Price of spikes these days seem expensive too, maybe it's me just getting old.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:43 am

Footjoys, Footjoys, Footjoys. 'Nuff said.

1GrumpGolfer wrote:...Price of spikes these days seem expensive too, maybe it's me just getting old.
Nope. It's that the same OEMs that made a pair of trainers stupid expensive are now trying to make 'trendy' golf shoes and therefore rationalise that they must cost a shed load even though they appear to be as robust as tissue paper. Style over substance I reckon.

Last edited by navyblueshorts on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't spell 'they'!)
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:50 am

ECCO's for me, the most comfortable golf shoes I've ever worn.
Have stood up to foul weather so far, but would definitely add a pair of heavier duty jobs if was playing in sh1tty conditions frequently.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by shudofhita4iron on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 4:30 pm

tried a few brands over the years,but always go back to footjoys
like the look of the ecco biom but nearly 200 quid is too much for me

shudofhita4iron

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 4:40 pm

i always just buy the cheapest pair of non hideous looking footjoys i can find on the internet. has always seemed to work out ok for me

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited on Tue 24 Jul 2012, 2:52 pm

Have tried a few brands but now on my 4th pair of adidas. I just find them very comfortable and long lasting (in contrast to some of the other posters here). I had a pair of powerband's that lasted for over 3 years, and remained waterproof the whole time.

I have decided to adopt a policy of having 2 pairs of shoes on the go so one pair is always the older more comfy pair while I rotate in the newer pair. Currently wearing Tour 360 LTD and Adipure's which are fantastic.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren on Tue 24 Jul 2012, 3:29 pm

Kwini is spot on with the shout out for Ecco, they are the most comfortable golf shoe I have ever worn. As soon as you pick a pair up it is clear they are far superior quality than the like of Nike and Adidas. I would also say a lot better than footjoy as well.

I much prefer the style of Ecco as well, compared to more traditional look of footjoy or the tacky trainer look of big sports manufacturers.

Ban, get yourself down to the ecco/rogersons shop on Rose street and try some on. Once you know your size you can order online if the shop do not have the style you want or just buy one of models in the shop. I have noticed they don’t always display all the styles in the shop front so be sure to ask what other styles they have in store room.

If you mention a style they don’t have they will actually advise that you order them online so don’t worry about mentioning you may just be trying to buy online. I mentioned this and they were very helpful with fitting me anyway.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum