The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peter Alliss' Induction to World Golf Hall of Fame

+6
Bob_the_Job
kwinigolfer
super_realist
Lairdy
navyblueshorts
George1507
10 posters

Go down

Peter Alliss' Induction to World Golf Hall of Fame Empty Peter Alliss' Induction to World Golf Hall of Fame

Post by George1507 Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:01 am

I know there are mixed opinions about Peter Alliss on here.

Take 15 minutes of your life to watch this though, he's wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_HSJ8niuKE&feature=email

George1507

Back to top Go down

Peter Alliss' Induction to World Golf Hall of Fame Empty Re: Peter Alliss' Induction to World Golf Hall of Fame

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:28 am

Ha. Pretty good. He can be quite good commentating but my problem is he has a tendency to overdo the 'waffle', as he calls it, sometimes.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Peter Alliss' Induction to World Golf Hall of Fame Empty Re: Peter Alliss' Induction to World Golf Hall of Fame

Post by Lairdy Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:43 am

Was a great speech. Watched it live at the time when I was over in Florida. Wish I had made the trip over the Hall of Fame while this was going on. Particularly after hearing how impressed Alliss was of the place.

Lairdy

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:53 am

Legend.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:56 am

Thanks George clap

Expect the WGHOF are quite happy now they didn't wait to "induct" him posthumously . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Thu 26 Jul 2012, 1:33 pm

Very nice.. like sitting listening to your favourite uncle. I enjoy his commentary too - he can be charming and ascerbic at the same time, not an easy feat.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Fri 27 Jul 2012, 6:29 pm

Thank you George for pointing me towards that.

I have always been a Peter Alliss fan, both as a golfer and a broadcaster. I even play on a Peter Alliss, Dave Thomas designed course.

Where he and others would describe himself as a waffler, I call him a raconteur of the very highest order.
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Fri 27 Jul 2012, 8:14 pm

Thanks George

I really marvel how he just stands there and talks - no notes - never loses his way. I was fortunate enough to be at the Society of London Golf Captains Centenary Dinner last December where he was guest speaker. He says he could go on for hours, I think I could listen for hours.

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Sat 28 Jul 2012, 12:01 am

Thanks George

Always been an Alliss fan

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Sat 28 Jul 2012, 6:46 am

Quality.

Every time I listen to him it seems to be a free flowing "nothingness" that engages, entertains and educates in equal measure.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I personally like very much.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down