The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Australian's only good at the Bronze medal sports?

3 posters

Go down

Are Australian's only good at the Bronze medal sports? Empty Are Australian's only good at the Bronze medal sports?

Post by Happytravelling Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:38 am

I always love to wind up my Aussie mates but seriously, after all the bragging over the years, it is funny to see them struggle so badly.

Your thoughts?

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Are Australian's only good at the Bronze medal sports? Empty Re: Are Australian's only good at the Bronze medal sports?

Post by Biltong Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:36 am

Doh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Are Australian's only good at the Bronze medal sports? Empty Re: Are Australian's only good at the Bronze medal sports?

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:04 am

happytveller
I can only guess that you come from a country that has little sporting contact with Australia, But we know that when our convict cousins are down, then thats when theyre at their most dangerous.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:37 pm

I have lived in Aus so have had some experience of Australian sporting mentality. When they are down, they are quiet. Which is always good!

Australia have been down or on the slide for a reason.

Australia have a great sporting pedigree. In more recent history its been because they were leading the world in "professionalism" in sport. Institutes of sport etc. The problem for Australia is the world has caught up and if they want to regain those heights again they'll have to innovate some more.

In all seriousness, I think Australia is slightly underperforming for a small(ish), well resourced, first world nation. Australia typically relied heavily on swimming to bolster their Olympic medal tally and they appear to have lost their stars/the US and China have overtaken them.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down