The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official "Norwich City to 40 points and Premier League safety" thread

+31
TopoftheChops
Fernando
ShahenshahG
JamesLincs
Gregers
Marky
6oldenbhoy
dummy_half
NickisBHAFC
cherriesfna
Smirnoffpriest
Dave.
spencerclarke
westisbest
Ent
Josiah Maiestas
hampo17
Duty281
guildfordbat
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Mat
Corporalhumblebucket
Amy
The genius of PBF
ncfc_Tooze
alanqlm
Kay Fabe
Kenny
GSC
Crimey
Good Golly I'm Olly
35 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The official "Norwich City to 40 points and Premier League safety" thread - Page 11 Empty The official "Norwich City to 40 points and Premier League safety" thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 07 Aug 2012, 10:48 am

First topic message reminder :

Here is the place, to discuss all of Norwich's results this season, on our quest to reach that 40 point mark, and Premier League safety.

It starts on the 18th of August away to Fulham, and finishes away to Man City sometime in May
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

The official "Norwich City to 40 points and Premier League safety" thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The official "Norwich City to 40 points and Premier League safety" thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 19 May 2013, 3:28 pm

FreekShow wrote:What's he being rested for?

He's been carrying a lot of niggles over the season, and last week he was quite noticably limping a lot. Think a knee issue is the problem
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

The official "Norwich City to 40 points and Premier League safety" thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The official "Norwich City to 40 points and Premier League safety" thread

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 19 May 2013, 6:19 pm

11th place.
44 points.

I'll take that every day of the week.

Lots to build on for next season, so much potential! CHA CHA CHA The official "Norwich City to 40 points and Premier League safety" thread - Page 11 3559488474
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 6:20 pm

That's higher than last season isn't it? Progress?

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 19 May 2013, 6:21 pm

FreekShow wrote:That's higher than last season isn't it? Progress?

Kinda but not really. Last year they had 47 points and finished level on points with 10th and 11th. I'd argue they regressed under Hughton. Espeically since this PL was weaker

Last edited by GSC on Sun 19 May 2013, 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 19 May 2013, 6:22 pm

One place higher than last season. But 3 points less.

Thing is there is so much room to improve. Hopefully next season we can push on
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 19 May 2013, 6:24 pm

GSC wrote:

Kinda but not really. Last year they had 47 points and finished level on points with 10th and 11th. I'd argue they regressed under Hughton. Espeically since this PL was weaker

Considering he was following arguably the best manager we've ever had, with a squad that people widely said isn't strong enough, I think he's done a good job.

Hardly spent either, something like £10-15m which is pittance compared to some *cough* QPR *cough*

Sure it's been dire at times, but he's learning as a manager as well. Hopefully next season we'll push on under him. As I already said, he gets 10/15 games to prove himself with his players and money to spend.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 6:26 pm

Olly wrote:
GSC wrote:

Considering he was following arguably the best manager we've ever had, with a squad that people widely said isn't strong enough, I think he's done a good job.

Hardly spent either, something like £10-15m which is pittance compared to some *cough* QPR *cough*

Sure it's been dire at times, but he's learning as a manager as well. Hopefully next season we'll push on under him. As I already said, he gets 10/15 games to prove himself with his players and money to spend.

I'd argue that Mike Walker was better for Nodge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 19 May 2013, 6:26 pm

FreekShow wrote:
Olly wrote:
GSC wrote:

I'd say I wasn't alive Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 19 May 2013, 6:27 pm

Thats 10m-15m more on top of Lamberts squad though. Certainly he needs a fast start next year to show some progress.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 19 May 2013, 6:30 pm

Appreciate it
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 6:31 pm

Olly wrote:
FreekShow wrote:
Olly wrote:
GSC wrote:

I'd say I wasn't alive Laugh

I wasn't even swimming around in my Daddies nut sack when Bill Shankly was working his magic but I'd consider him the best ever Liverpool manager.

I'm just playin' with ya Olly. Damn I feel old!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 6:32 pm

That Norwich shirt aint that bad actually.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 19 May 2013, 7:06 pm

The Wolf already has 2 on his finale for Sporting Cool

#feedTheWolfandhewillscore
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 19 May 2013, 8:22 pm

The official "Norwich City to 40 points and Premier League safety" thread - Page 11 BKprz3YCYAEm1vd
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 20 May 2013, 4:03 pm

Matt Wordingham ‏@DiamondMatt
Grant Holt is the only player to top the "most fouls committed" charts in League 2, League 1, Championship and the Premier League. #NCFC

Machine
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 4:07 pm

That is some stat if true Laugh

Great end to the season for you lads. I like the new kit, and RVW will be a tremendous signing. Could be a big year next year!

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 20 May 2013, 4:14 pm

Haha managed to somehow finish 11th!

Things certainly looking bright for next season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 20 May 2013, 4:27 pm

Hughton's signings have always been impressive as well. I do legit fancy Norwich to get a top half finish next season.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 20 May 2013, 6:17 pm

CITY can confirm ten players are to leave the Club this summer with all out of contract from July 1.

With over 250 appearances clocked up between them for the Canaries, striker Simeon Jackson, midfielder Korey Smith and defenders Marc Tierney and Elliott Ward will leave Carrow Road.

Earlier this month it was confirmed that Academy product Chris Martin would leave to join Derby County after 117 appearances and 34 goals for City. And fellow Canary youngsters Tom Adeyemi and George Francomb will also not be offered new deals for next season.

Lee Camp who made three appearances for Chris Hughton’s side in goal after joining this January will also not be offered a new contract.

And Under-21 Professional Development Squad players Ramil Sheriff and Scott Olumide Durojaiye are also released to find new clubs.

No surprises in there really, best of luck to the lads who have been released
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 20 May 2013, 6:34 pm

Really hope we can sign Simeon Jackson.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 20 May 2013, 9:19 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Really hope we can sign Simeon Jackson.

To be honest mate, if you're gonna progress, you need better thumbsup
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 20 May 2013, 9:32 pm

11th in the end, such a tight league. Did I hear right on MOTD that it's a £4 million difference between 11th and 17th?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 20 May 2013, 9:34 pm

Duty281 wrote:11th in the end, such a tight league. Did I hear right on MOTD that it's a £4 million difference between 11th and 17th?

It is indeed Duty.

That'll buy us a handy player
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 20 May 2013, 9:35 pm

Olly wrote:
Duty281 wrote:11th in the end, such a tight league. Did I hear right on MOTD that it's a £4 million difference between 11th and 17th?

It is indeed Duty.

That'll buy us a handy player

Crazy that 5 points can make such a difference! 2 Michus for that price!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 21 May 2013, 10:11 am

Paddy Davitt ‏@paddyjdavitt
#ncfc bank £46.07m in TV & #BPL paymts for 2012/13, according to official figures released by Premier League 2day #edp24 #pinkun

That's not too shabby
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 May 2013, 10:17 am

£46m covers a wage bill of £884k a week, including all bonuses, NI contributions and salaries. Let's say that £234k of that is NI contributions, that left £650k a week for salaries and bonuses.

At an average of £15k a week, that gives you a squad of 20 players with £350k left over for paying the remaining 10 @ £35k a week.

Sounds to me like Norwich spent their wage savings from this season on RVW...I can't believe that you have 20 players on £15k and 10 players on £35k. So whatever you've saved this season is going on RVW fo'sho.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 21 May 2013, 10:30 am

I don't think we would do Azzy, especially the 10 players on £35k a week one.

We got a fair bit of kitty to spend in the summer, despite the RVW signing. Be no budget excuses from our end next season, we've got the money to compete now the debt's been paid off
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 27 May 2013, 11:19 pm

Nothing's happening on the Norwich front

God I can't wait for the new season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 28 May 2013, 2:04 pm

Word has it your signing Bridcutt soon Sad

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 28 May 2013, 2:09 pm

Could you direct me to any links Nick?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 28 May 2013, 2:12 pm

Only my inside sources sorry pal!!!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 28 May 2013, 2:15 pm

Well for once I hope you're right Laugh

I can't see any transfer activity here happening for a bit, they're all on there holidays at the moment
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 28 May 2013, 2:20 pm

O yeah it won't happen soon, especiallly with all the disaster's going on down our place!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 28 May 2013, 2:22 pm

What's actually happening?

Surely they must sack him and move on soon?

Otherwise we'll be into pre-season before anything happens
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 28 May 2013, 2:26 pm

No idea mate, no idea.

Im already accepting a relegation battle next season!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 30 May 2013, 12:42 am

In news Ron Davies has unfortunately passed away.

Grant Holt linked with an Aussie team. Doubt it'll lead to anything.

And we've been linked with a variety of names
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 30 May 2013, 9:48 pm

Rumour has it there will be a friendly between Norwich and Ipswich on the 28th of July down the Carra...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 30 May 2013, 11:15 pm

And in all things rumours seems we will be back in for Hooper again, which is hardly a surprise, considering how hard and public our push for him in Jan was
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 30 May 2013, 11:17 pm

Think you'll find it harder this summer, can imagine if you put a bid in you won't be the only club interested.

Will be interesting to see what the futures of Holt and Becchio are if you do sign Hooper, with Van Wolfswinkel on his way.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 30 May 2013, 11:22 pm

I would imagine Becchio will continue to warm the cockles of the bench, and that Holty getting on a bit now, will do the same!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 30 May 2013, 11:23 pm

You need a 40 clogger to come on and settle the nerves IMO.

Kevin Phillips would be perfect. Forget Hooper he won't join.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 30 May 2013, 11:27 pm

Nick these attempts at getting bites are getting worse and worse!

I think you need to take the summer off and come back refreshed with better ones for the new season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 30 May 2013, 11:29 pm

Im not fishing.

Norwich do need experience in the midfield, everyone said it in that realistic prem game. I didn't at the time, but now i do know what they mean. Some 35-40 year old cloggers would keep it ticking over.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Jun 2013, 4:11 pm

The official "Norwich City to 40 points and Premier League safety" thread - Page 11 BL2CUmwCMAEP-vS

The sheer beauty of that man. THE WOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 03 Jun 2013, 5:19 pm

Needs to sort the back of his barnet out.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 04 Jun 2013, 11:35 pm

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/supporters-award-854864.aspx

"NORWICH City are delighted to announce that the Club’s supporters have been voted the best-behaved in the top flight for a second year in succession.

The Premier League Fair Play award is given to the fans deemed to have offered ‘the most positive verbal support and recognition of outstanding play by the opposition’."
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:22 pm

This pretty much sums me up at the moment

The official "Norwich City to 40 points and Premier League safety" thread - Page 11 BMAZtudCAAAnPXH
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Sun 09 Jun 2013, 5:22 pm

Linked with Shelvey, Nzonzi and Kebe
http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/premier_league_trio_linked_with_norwich_city_moves_as_silly_season_steps_up_a_gear_1_2227990

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 10 Jun 2013, 8:29 pm

The official "Norwich City to 40 points and Premier League safety" thread - Page 11 934608_494710203935626_1608339843_n

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 10 Jun 2013, 9:05 pm

THE WOLF IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGA
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next