The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions tours could return

2 posters

Go down

Lions tours could return Empty Lions tours could return

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 10:38 pm

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/lions-tour-could-replace-four-nations-20120808-23ucj.html

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Lions tours could return Empty Re: Lions tours could return

Post by Luke Wed 08 Aug 2012, 11:03 pm

If we went back to the GB lions, and did proper tours [including midweek against some clubs sides], it would be the best news to have come out of Red Hall for a while. I'm totally for it as I think the 4 nation's isn't working. And players could represent there own international sides.
And while I'm at it, the only thing to change with regards the world club challenge (back to October just after the GFS, when it will be the sides that won them competing). Other than that leave it alone. It's a one off game to decide the best. If you've not won your own competition, Why should you be regarded as the best.
Interesting that certain people who think SL should be reduced, are all for expanding this comp.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 09 Aug 2012, 7:59 am

I'm not sure that if the Lions tours returned they would be on the scale that they once was.
As regards the WC i think its best its held in the country were a tour is being held, ie if GB/England are in Australia hold it there, if the Aussies are over here, hold it here. The only problem we might have is if the NZ Warriors were to win the Aussie Grand Final. From a personnel point of view i would like to see the WCC held. in any of these locations. Dubai, Singapore. Hong Kong, or Bangkok, or Mumbai to chase the corparate dollar, and perhaps attract more and bigger sponsorship to our game.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down