The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Season Long Fantasy League: Final Order Of Merit

+5
golfermartin
1GrumpyGolfer
GPB
barragan
kwinigolfer
9 posters

Go down

The Season Long Fantasy League: Final Order Of Merit Empty The Season Long Fantasy League: Final Order Of Merit

Post by kwinigolfer Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:55 pm

Thanks to everyone for participating.
The winner was our good friend dynamark whose selections of Luke Donald, non runner, Phil Mickelson, Lee Westwood, Robert Rock, Tiger Woods, Dustin Johnson and Rory McIlroy yielded a very notional jackpot of: $2,441,245

The full list, top five, of two million dollar contestants is:

1).dynamark: $2,441,245

2).hend0: $2,206,601

3).Skydriver: $2,123,591

4).delToro: $2,112,984

5).golfermartin: $2,002,350

Congratulations to all!

The full list of season-long totals, and PGA Championship results, can be found:

https://www.606v2.com/t28196-fantasy-game-for-majors-wgc-s-etc-pga-championship-thread-and-leaderboard

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

The Season Long Fantasy League: Final Order Of Merit Empty Re: The Season Long Fantasy League: Final Order Of Merit

Post by barragan Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:11 pm

Well done dyna

Nice one kwini clap - your efforts have been much appreciated , even if you notionally did me out of my last paycheck... With the interest accrued so far, i believe i'm a few places higher in the rankings already Cool

barragan

Back to top Go down

The Season Long Fantasy League: Final Order Of Merit Empty Re: The Season Long Fantasy League: Final Order Of Merit

Post by kwinigolfer Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:21 pm

Oof! Sorry about that.
Rose's cheque now credited, notionally of course! Thanks for pointing that out.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:38 pm

Do you have summary in order?

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:47 pm

No worries kwin, an insignificant mistake in the context of a masterfully run event - looking forward to the next installment thumbsup

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Thanks Kwini, good stuff. Well done to the big winners

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:59 pm

GPB,
I reckon you were 11th.

Good result.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by golfermartin Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:38 pm

Congrats to dynamark (speech, speech). Well done Kwini (no longer notional).

Dynamark winning with a non runner is almost like winning stablefords with 42 points having had a scrub!!

golfermartin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Wow - nabbing the bronze medal from nowhere for me highlights the volatility of this game this year (what with so much unpredictability in the sport of late, and presumably no one picked more than 1 winner).

Thanks kwini

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by twoeightnine Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:12 pm

Kiwni

Thanks for doing all of this. Had I been a bit more organised then my Rose pick would have shot me up as he was the first pick that actually did something good.

At least this taught me a very valuable lesson. I know nothing about golf (not that this will stop me spouting off) and never, ever put real money on it.

twoeightnine

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Thanks guys,

Sky, Don't actually think there were any winners picked except:
Bubba Watson, Masters, by The Cleaver
Keegan Bradley, Bridgestone, by jimbohammers
and
Rory who was chosen by dynamark, Sky and delToro.

Our collective preoccupation with Woods, Westwood, Donald and Mickelson cost everyone dear, even Rory, most of us having already used up his services by the time it came to Kiawah.

Yet:
There were no real shock horrors among this year's golfing BIG winners:
Hunter Mahan
Justin Rose
Bubba Watson
Matt Kuchar
Webb Simpson
Ernie Els
Keegan Bradley
Rory McIlroy

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony B Liar Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:17 am

Congrat's Dyna.........good to see one of the old BBC regulars winning the thing.

Thanks Kwini for running the thing, good fun.
Tony B Liar
Tony B Liar

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:41 pm

Tony OK

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:54 pm

ive only just brought myself to comment on here now Sad
im truely devestated!
i had Ernie for the open Kwini!

thanks for organising it.very well done!

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:58 pm

hend0,
Yup, sorry about that - it wasn't really meant to be a definitive list, more a reflection on our collective haplessness! Your pick of Ernie the exception which didn't prove the rule!! OK

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:07 pm

its a pity the rest of my guesses were so hopeless! i see you tipped a couple for the barclays including Sergio. i fancy him to have a good run at it!
do you think its a course TW can get away with hitting stingers rather than drivers?

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:27 pm

Tiger? I'm not sure. None of us really have any experience of Bethpage playing firm, both Opens there were soggy affairs.

But one would think he'll need the driver occasionally and that is where he becomes unravelled.

Fact is, if Tiger's playing his very best, he contends anywhere, albeit it at unrewarding odds.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down