The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Premier League Signings III

+44
owen10ozzy
Reaper
Breadvan
NedB-H
JamesLincs
The Awesome Giz
Smirnoffpriest
Amy
Imperial Ghosty
westisbest
Bull
mckay1402
ncfc_Tooze
JDizzle
Josiah Maiestas
compelling and rich
President Trump
Hero
nasisillmatic
lfc91
azania
Mat
Fernando
Bathite
Crimey
Soldier_Of_Fortune
GG
Luke
hampo17
James_182
Gregers
Kay Fabe
Small Time
6oldenbhoy
Beer
Liam
monty junior
spencerclarke
matth7
GSC
Ent
Good Golly I'm Olly
Teej
The Special Juan
48 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Big Premier League Signings III - Page 3 Empty Big Premier League Signings III

Post by The Special Juan Sat 18 Aug 2012, 8:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here is a list of all the "big movers" to the PL this season. The table contains the player's name, club moved from and to and fee for so we can scrutinise them Wink Only players who have moved from outside the PL will be included. Values subject to change

[tr][/tr]
Player From To Fee
Santi Cazorla Malaga (Spain) Arsenal £20.24m
Júlio César Inter Milan (Italy) QPR Free
Javi Garcia Benfica (Portugal) Man City £17.7m
Olivier Giroud Montpellier (France)Arsenal £13.2m
Eden Hazard Lille (France)Chelsea £35.2m
Pablo Hernadez Valencia (Spain) Swansea £7.9m
Shinji Kagawa Borussia Dortmund (Germany) Man Utd £13.2m
Hugo Lloris Lyon (France) Spurs £8.8m
Maicon Inter Milan (Italy) Man City £5m
Marko Marin Werder Bremen (Germany)Chelsea £8.6m
Oscar Internacional (Brazil) Chelsea £26.4m
Gaston Ramirez Bologna (Italy) Southampton £13m
Lukas PodolskiCologne (Germany)Arsenal £11.4m
Nuri Sahin Real Madrid (Spain) Liverpool Loan
Jan Vertonghen Ajax (Netherlands)Tottenham £7.5m
Richard WrightFree TransfersManchester City£0

[tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]

Any updates would be appreciated.

Other transfers that may/may not be interesting:

Alou Diarra - West Ham
Cesar Azpilicueta - Chelsea
Esteban Granero - QPR
Fabio Borini - Liverpool
Gylfi Sigurdsson - Spurs
Jay Rodriguez - Southampton
Kevin Mirallas - Everton
Markus Rosenberg - West Brom
Michu - Swansea
Mladen Petric - Fulham
Nathaniel Clyne - Southampton
Nick Powell - Manchester United
Robert Snodgrass - Norwich
Ron Vlaar - Aston Villa
Steven Naismith - Everton
Vurnon Anita - Newcastle

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html

Last edited by The Special Juan on Sat 01 Sep 2012, 6:55 pm; edited 8 times in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings III - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings III

Post by hampo17 Tue 21 Aug 2012, 8:40 pm

Rumour on the caught offside app that Liverpool have made contact about signing Kaka, probably complete rubbish though.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings III - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings III

Post by Luke Tue 21 Aug 2012, 9:45 pm

Man Utd have completed the signing of Alexander Buttner from Vitesse Arnheim on a 5 year deal.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 22 Aug 2012, 9:20 am

Caught Offside is the journalistic equivalent of what your mate down the pb reckons.

Newcastle are rumoured to have told Liverpool it's £12m or nothing for Andy Carroll.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Aug 2012, 10:50 am

King Beer wrote:Newcastle are rumoured to have told Liverpool it's £12m or nothing for Andy Carroll.

Glad we are stopping at £12m and not offering something ridiculous. Annoys me that we offer £12m for a player we don't need, yet we stall at offering more than £7m to Debuchy who we desperately needed. We need a fourth striker alongside Ameobi but spending £12m just doesn't make sense. Carroll would just be swapping one bench for another and just getting cup outings and possibly cameo roles in the league if our plan A is not working.

I'm still worried that we could lose Tiote and apparently Arsenal have lined the Ivorian up as Song's replacement for around £18m-20m.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 22 Aug 2012, 11:10 am

John wrote:
King Beer wrote:Newcastle are rumoured to have told Liverpool it's £12m or nothing for Andy Carroll.

Glad we are stopping at £12m and not offering something ridiculous. Annoys me that we offer £12m for a player we don't need, yet we stall at offering more than £7m to Debuchy who we desperately needed. We need a fourth striker alongside Ameobi but spending £12m just doesn't make sense. Carroll would just be swapping one bench for another and just getting cup outings and possibly cameo roles in the league if our plan A is not working.

I'm still worried that we could lose Tiote and apparently Arsenal have lined the Ivorian up as Song's replacement for around £18m-20m.

Alright John? How's things?

I wouldn't say we desperately needed Debuchy. Perch, Raylor, Santon, Simmo have all played at RB in the last year, we have plenty of cover and there's no point being held to ransom despite how good the player may be.

I think you're right. £12m is enough. Perhaps a few add ons to bump it up, but realistically, i don't see how Liverpool can justify a higher value. They paid well over the odds for Carroll because we didn't want to sell our best player. They now have no use for him and his value has dwindled. I think we have other targets. Berbatov has been spoken about again. Gameiro at PSG would cost pennies now and i'm sure Carr has something up his sleeve.

Tiote won't go. I think he loves the club too much and Arsenal would have to pay well over £20m for him.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Wed 22 Aug 2012, 12:46 pm

I'm hearing Ki to Swansea for £5.5m. That means Michu and Ki = Half of Joe Allen. Seems like decent business.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 22 Aug 2012, 1:12 pm

King Beer wrote:Caught Offside is the journalistic equivalent of what your mate down the pb reckons.

Newcastle are rumoured to have told Liverpool it's £12m or nothing for Andy Carroll.

Very true. The fact the have ran Kaka to Liverpool again is cringe worthy. Can't even entice Sahin ffs

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 22 Aug 2012, 1:40 pm

Ricardo Carvalho to QPR on loan
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 22 Aug 2012, 1:42 pm

QPR get battered 5-0 at home and panic buy 2 defenders.

What are the odds of them losing 6-0 this weekend?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 22 Aug 2012, 1:43 pm

They play Norwich so not high
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 22 Aug 2012, 1:52 pm

Yeah I wouldn't bet on it KB lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 22 Aug 2012, 1:55 pm

QPR are already well over the squad limits so I don't know what they are planning to do. They have 32 squad members, a couple will be under 21, and then a few will be offloaded (Barton, DJ Campbell, Bothroyd, Hulse, Luke Young) even then if they add Dawson and Carvalho they are really pushing it.

I am going to put my neck out and say that QPR will be in administration within the next five years.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 22 Aug 2012, 1:57 pm

Dj Campbells already gone
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 22 Aug 2012, 2:05 pm

GSC wrote:Dj Campbells already gone

No he hasn't...

He might be on the cusp of a move, but as of right now he is still a QPR player, just not registered in their squad.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 22 Aug 2012, 2:08 pm

Off to Brizzle mate, their fans have been bragging about it for a while now
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 22 Aug 2012, 2:12 pm

Hasn't been completed yet though, and deals have been scuppered at the last second before.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Aug 2012, 2:14 pm

Bristol City got Sam Baldock, so do they still need DJ Campbell?

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 22 Aug 2012, 2:15 pm

They also signed Steve Davies. Still wait for it then if it suits you
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 22 Aug 2012, 2:27 pm

16m for Fletcher to Sunderland

Stupid transfer for Sunderland
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 22 Aug 2012, 2:30 pm

GSC wrote:16m for Fletcher to Sunderland

Stupid transfer for Sunderland

#foreverinourshadow

Ridiculous sum of money.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 22 Aug 2012, 2:45 pm

Gaston Ramirez to Southampton has fallen apart
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 22 Aug 2012, 2:49 pm

Huddlestone off to Stoke on loan
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:09 pm

GSC wrote:Gaston Ramirez to Southampton has fallen apart

Oh no, shame. Was too good to be true. The likes of Spurs, Liverpool were always more likely to get him.

What's your source GSC, would like to have a read, cheers

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by James_182 Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:19 pm

Read this article mate in re to Ramirez:

The agent of Gaston Ramirez expects the player to remain at Bologna after his proposed move to Southampton collapsed.

Ramirez was openly talking about a switch to the Premiership club last week, but the transfer has hit problems.

“Negotiations with Southampton have definitely ended,” Oscar Betancourt told Calciomercatoweb on Wednesday.

“I spoke with the President of the English club again today and they are now looking at other players.

“Ramirez was happy with the offer he received, but Bologna didn’t want to close the deal. I think, in all probability, that he’ll now stay where he is.”

The attacking midfielder had also been linked with a variety of English clubs before Southampton made an offer of around €15m.

“Tottenham should be discounted for now because their bid is some way off what Bologna want for him,” the representative added.

“As for Liverpool, they have never presented a concrete offer.”

Shame really, I think I said in a previous post he would have been one of the signings of the season

James_182

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:22 pm

Graeme Bailey
Gaston Ramirez's agent says talks with Southampton have broken down. www1.skysports.com/football/news/…
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:23 pm

Hmmm, interesting, I think it will rumble on, maybe a trasnfer request from the player, as he's openly said how keen he is on the move (and the money!)

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:25 pm

It was basically down to money and I suspect he could probably get it from a bigger club.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Aug 2012, 4:06 pm

Fletcher to Sunderland is apparently £14m including adds ons/performance related, so probably £10m up front. £16m seemed to ridiculous but whatever the price it shows a continued worrying trend of over inflated prices on British players and it doesnt appear to be stopping. Even Jarvis to West Ham for £10m in my opinion is ludicrous. If you compare these transfers to what Newcastle have been able to achieve under Mike Ashley's policy over the last few years it's astonishing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 22 Aug 2012, 4:09 pm

The difference between Wolves transfers and most clubs that have gone down is their barely if at all in debt so they have no need to sell their players regardless of transfer requests.

Having said that Sunderland and West Ham are majorally being ripped off considering Santi Cazorla 16m/ Victor Moses - 10m

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 22 Aug 2012, 4:17 pm

Cheick Tiote - £3.5m
Yohan Cabaye - £5m
Hatem Ben Arfa - £5m
Demba Ba - £0m
Gael Bigirimana - £1m
Roman Amafalitano - £500k
Curtis Good - £500k

Total = £16m

Steven Fletcher - £16m

Laugh

5under1and.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Teej Wed 22 Aug 2012, 4:37 pm

Might seem like a lot of money, but if he can get them the goals required to stay up then he might prove a worthwhile signing. Cazorla may have cost Arsenal £16m, but you can guarantee his sign on fee, agent fee and wages are much, much higher than Fletcher's.

It does make me slightly smug that they've spent almost £25m on Fletcher and Wickham as strikers over the past few seasons. Suppose they were helped with the money raised from Henderson, like we were with Carroll.

Krul - £200k
Simpson - £1m
S.Taylor - Free
Coloccini - £10m
Santon - £5m
Cabaye - £4.5m
Tiote - £3.5m
Anita - £6.6m/Jonas - £5m
Ba - Free
Cisse - £10m
Ben Arfa - £5.5m

£46.3m/£44.7m on our entire starting XI and

Teej

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 22 Aug 2012, 4:38 pm

It just shows that having the best scout in the land (Graham Carr) pays dividends OK
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 22 Aug 2012, 4:43 pm

Olly wrote:It just shows that having the best scout in the land (Graham Carr) pays dividends OK

Thats why he signed a new 10 year contract!

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 22 Aug 2012, 4:45 pm

King Beer wrote:
Olly wrote:It just shows that having the best scout in the land (Graham Carr) pays dividends OK

Thats why he signed a new 10 year contract!

It's alright, we got Ewen Chester back. He ain't too shabby.

But in Carr, you have a guy who is going to consistantly find you talent, for a long period of time. How people missed Cisse I will never know, top scorer in the Bundesliga with the bottom club takes some going
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 22 Aug 2012, 4:49 pm

While Ba was technically a free, he had a significant signing on fee given he was free
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Teej Wed 22 Aug 2012, 4:50 pm

Signing on and agent fees were thought to amount to around £5m, which isn't that bad considering the amount of goals he's got us so far Very Happy

Teej

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 22 Aug 2012, 4:53 pm

I think alot of that was because of his clause at West Ham.

My favourite Demba moment would be the hat-trick at Stoke.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Wed 22 Aug 2012, 4:56 pm

I think you'll find the best scout in the land is Dan Ashworth...

Anyway, not really suprised about Sunderland paying that much for Fletcher, O'Neill loves paying over-inflated fees for British players, bit like Steve Bruce really so Sunderland fans should be used to it.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 22 Aug 2012, 5:06 pm

The thing is Fletcher and Jarvis are both decent players, could easily get into most mid table sides. But the fees will just hang over there heads, and people will be expecting them to perform to levels, they may not be capable of
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 22 Aug 2012, 7:36 pm

Teej wrote:Might seem like a lot of money, but if he can get them the goals required to stay up then he might prove a worthwhile signing. Cazorla may have cost Arsenal £16m, but you can guarantee his sign on fee, agent fee and wages are much, much higher than Fletcher's.

It does make me slightly smug that they've spent almost £25m on Fletcher and Wickham as strikers over the past few seasons. Suppose they were helped with the money raised from Henderson, like we were with Carroll.

Krul - £200k
Simpson - £1m
S.Taylor - Free
Coloccini - £10m
Santon - £5m
Cabaye - £4.5m
Tiote - £3.5m
Anita - £6.6m/Jonas - £5m
Ba - Free
Cisse - £10m
Ben Arfa - £5.5m

£46.3m/£44.7m on our entire starting XI and

Torres £50m
Carroll £35m

Someone got mugged. Laugh Laugh

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 22 Aug 2012, 9:15 pm

Read some stats earlier that said Torres scored a goal every 44 touches at Liverpool, at Chelsea it's gone up to every 116 touches. Chelsea's style just doesn't suit him.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 22 Aug 2012, 10:20 pm

Hampo you have to take into consideration that injuries have had an effect on him as a player, he isnt as good a player as the man who joined liverpool, who was almost unplayable at times. Unfortunatley i think hes getting back to his best, bad news for the teams he faces!

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 23 Aug 2012, 12:06 am

I think his confidence is shot permanently.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 23 Aug 2012, 9:39 am

Its good job no one cares for your opinion Az thumbsup

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:21 am

Is it that obvious? Sad

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:23 am

There is deffo a problem with Torres' confidence, whatever happened during his last few months with us has clearly affected him mentally. Even for Spain he is still not the same player.

I honestly believe he will never regain anything close to his best form while at Chelsea.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:23 am

Couple of usual reliable sources are stating Leandro Damiao is on his way to Spurs, deal agreed.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:31 am

nasisillmatic wrote:Even for Spain he is still not the same player.

I honestly believe he will never regain anything close to his best form while at Chelsea.

That's the same Torres who just won the Euro 2012 Golden Boot and the player who scored in the community shield and his first home game of the season. 2 goals in 3 apps this season. I doubted Torres but I think he's turned the corner, he may not have that electrical pace of previous years anymore but he certainly knows where the goal is and it would not surprise me to see him score 20 league goals this season. If Chelsea didn't believe in him or doubted he had any confidence, then they certainly would of bought a striker in to challenge him, instead they've just got Sturridge.......says it all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:37 am

They're going hell for leather to bring in Cavani at the moment according to the backpages so over the next few days we may see how much confidence Chelsea have in him.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 23 Aug 2012, 12:02 pm

Hero wrote:Couple of usual reliable sources are stating Leandro Damiao is on his way to Spurs, deal agreed.

I heard this from a few people myself lastnight, great news for Spurs if true

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next