The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Premier League Signings III

+44
owen10ozzy
Reaper
Breadvan
NedB-H
JamesLincs
The Awesome Giz
Smirnoffpriest
Amy
Imperial Ghosty
westisbest
Bull
mckay1402
ncfc_Tooze
JDizzle
Josiah Maiestas
compelling and rich
President Trump
Hero
nasisillmatic
lfc91
azania
Mat
Fernando
Bathite
Crimey
Soldier_Of_Fortune
GG
Luke
hampo17
James_182
Gregers
Kay Fabe
Small Time
6oldenbhoy
Beer
Liam
monty junior
spencerclarke
matth7
GSC
Ent
Good Golly I'm Olly
Teej
The Special Juan
48 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Big Premier League Signings III - Page 6 Empty Big Premier League Signings III

Post by The Special Juan Sat 18 Aug 2012, 8:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here is a list of all the "big movers" to the PL this season. The table contains the player's name, club moved from and to and fee for so we can scrutinise them Wink Only players who have moved from outside the PL will be included. Values subject to change

[tr][/tr]
Player From To Fee
Santi Cazorla Malaga (Spain) Arsenal £20.24m
Júlio César Inter Milan (Italy) QPR Free
Javi Garcia Benfica (Portugal) Man City £17.7m
Olivier Giroud Montpellier (France)Arsenal £13.2m
Eden Hazard Lille (France)Chelsea £35.2m
Pablo Hernadez Valencia (Spain) Swansea £7.9m
Shinji Kagawa Borussia Dortmund (Germany) Man Utd £13.2m
Hugo Lloris Lyon (France) Spurs £8.8m
Maicon Inter Milan (Italy) Man City £5m
Marko Marin Werder Bremen (Germany)Chelsea £8.6m
Oscar Internacional (Brazil) Chelsea £26.4m
Gaston Ramirez Bologna (Italy) Southampton £13m
Lukas PodolskiCologne (Germany)Arsenal £11.4m
Nuri Sahin Real Madrid (Spain) Liverpool Loan
Jan Vertonghen Ajax (Netherlands)Tottenham £7.5m
Richard WrightFree TransfersManchester City£0

[tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]

Any updates would be appreciated.

Other transfers that may/may not be interesting:

Alou Diarra - West Ham
Cesar Azpilicueta - Chelsea
Esteban Granero - QPR
Fabio Borini - Liverpool
Gylfi Sigurdsson - Spurs
Jay Rodriguez - Southampton
Kevin Mirallas - Everton
Markus Rosenberg - West Brom
Michu - Swansea
Mladen Petric - Fulham
Nathaniel Clyne - Southampton
Nick Powell - Manchester United
Robert Snodgrass - Norwich
Ron Vlaar - Aston Villa
Steven Naismith - Everton
Vurnon Anita - Newcastle

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html

Last edited by The Special Juan on Sat 01 Sep 2012, 6:55 pm; edited 8 times in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings III - Page 6 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings III

Post by Beer Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:28 am

He also played nearly 20 games more, what's your point?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings III - Page 6 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings III

Post by The Special Juan Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:28 am

Walcott was helped by having Van Persie converting those. It will be interesting to see what his stats are this year.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:35 am

Yeah Van Persie converted those 11 goals!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:45 am

Corporate Beer wrote:He also played nearly 20 games more, what's your point?

No his rates were better, which doesn't even take into account games. It's done on how many goals/assists per game, and both were better for Walcott.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:47 am

The Special Juan wrote:Walcott was helped by having Van Persie converting those. It will be interesting to see what his stats are this year.

Yes but didn't Newcastle have Cisse and Ba banging them in for fun last season. How many of the did Ben Afra set up?

Sort of null point really.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:59 am

Crimey wrote:

No his rates were better, which doesn't even take into account games. It's done on how many goals/assists per game, and both were better for Walcott.

How do you think rates are determined?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:03 pm

Corporate Beer wrote:
Crimey wrote:

Yes, but you put goals over games, to come up with a rate of how many goals per game. You do the same for both Ben Arfa and Walcott and it has what each would have got in one game, so some decimal. That way the fact that Walcott played more games isn't important.

I did the rates myself and Walcott was higher in both, so even if Ben Arfa had played the same amount of games as Walcott, Walcott would have still scored more and assisted more.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:14 pm

Crimey wrote:
Corporate Beer wrote:
Crimey wrote:

Yes, but you put goals over games, to come up with a rate of how many goals per game. You do the same for both Ben Arfa and Walcott and it has what each would have got in one game, so some decimal. That way the fact that Walcott played more games isn't important.

I did the rates myself and Walcott was higher in both, so even if Ben Arfa had played the same amount of games as Walcott, Walcott would have still scored more and assisted more.

I'd still say it's a mute point. It was Hatem's first season given the injury he suffered, and he was used sparingly at the start by Pardew, it was the latter part of the season that he came through for us.

It's quite funny that you as a Liverpool fan have the audacity to criticise another teams wingers when you paid £20million for Downing who managed ZERO assists in 38 appearances.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:16 pm

Yes, and that is exactly why I said I'd be happy if the club signed a player with a proven track record of scoring and assisting in the Premier League...something you found hilarious. I was simply pointing out that the players that you praise so highly are actually statistically not as good as the player you believe is rubbish.

I'd also rather have Theo Walcott than Stewart Downing.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:37 pm

Crimey wrote:Yes, and that is exactly why I said I'd be happy if the club signed a player with a proven track record of scoring and assisting in the Premier League...something you found hilarious. I was simply pointing out that the players that you praise so highly are actually statistically not as good as the player you believe is rubbish.

I'd also rather have Theo Walcott than Stewart Downing.

1) I was laughing at your 'reasonable price, decent wages' comment. This is a man who has turned down a £75k a week contract?

2) I haven't highly praised Hatem. He's got talent, that's obvious, however he needs to show consistently and play in his preferred postion (centre).

3) I haven't doubted Walcott? Where did i call him rubbish?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 29 Aug 2012, 4:25 pm

Spurs have now announced the Dembele deal

-----------Friedel
Walker-Vertonghen-Kaboul-BAE
----Sandro-M'Vila/Moutinho
-------Sigurdsson/VDV
Dembele-Adebayor-Bale
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 29 Aug 2012, 4:35 pm

Javi Martinez agrees contract at Bayern

#neverdoubtGSC
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 29 Aug 2012, 4:46 pm

https://p.twimg.com/A1egcntCIAAl0le.jpg

Walcott's contract talks have stalled but Arsenal won't sell him this window
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 29 Aug 2012, 5:01 pm

Fulham are in a much stronger position with Dempsey now, they won't need to sell him.

If they lose Dembele, Dempsey, Johnson, Murphy and Etuhu all in one window, as well as failing to secure Pogrebnyak it can't be seen as anything else but a huge disappointment.

They are in desperate need of reinforcements up front, and with Dembele gone and Dempsey halfway out of the door, as well as Murphy and Etuhu going they need some new midfielders as well. Leaving it very late.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2012, 6:02 pm

Well there getting Kieran Richardson which is nothing to shout about and been linked with Gomis from Lyon that's about it.

Schwarzer
Reither
Baird
Riise
Hangeland
Hughes
Davies
Kacaniklic
Duff
Diarra
Sidwell
Richardson (incoming)
Petric
Ruiz
Rodallega

AWOL - Dempsey

Really is an appaling squad in my opinion, it's experienced but poor

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 29 Aug 2012, 6:55 pm

Berbatov off to Juve.

Arsenal might be only contender for Llorente
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 29 Aug 2012, 6:59 pm

Arsenal in for dzeko apparently

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 29 Aug 2012, 7:00 pm

I'd assume he'd be cheap.

Looked somewhat a donkey at City tho
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 29 Aug 2012, 7:03 pm

Did Dzeko not score nearly 20 goals last season? Did he not score the goal to get them back in that infamous QPR game? He is a good player
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 29 Aug 2012, 7:05 pm

John wrote:Well there getting Kieran Richardson which is nothing to shout about and been linked with Gomis from Lyon that's about it.

Schwarzer
Reither
Baird
Riise
Hangeland
Hughes
Davies
Kacaniklic
Duff
Diarra
Sidwell
Richardson (incoming)
Petric
Ruiz
Rodallega

AWOL - Dempsey

Really is an appaling squad in my opinion, it's experienced but poor

Frei looks an excellent talent and should get more game time. 15m for a club like Fulham and a manager who has coached in various leagues brings his benefits. In a way, its similar to the Swans situation, where they have recieved a large offer for their best player, and both have managers who know good player that they can bring in for cheaply.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 29 Aug 2012, 7:05 pm

If you sayso, always looks like a donkey when I see him.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 29 Aug 2012, 7:07 pm

Olly wrote:Did Dzeko not score nearly 20 goals last season? Did he not score the goal to get them back in that infamous QPR game? He is a good player

He was very laboured at the beginning of the season and not the player I witnessed for Wolfsburg. Towards the end of the season he really sharpened up and looks a different person this year. When I watched him for Bosnia vs Wales, he was superb, looks really powerful and quick funnily enough. Think if Arsenal were looking to sign him, City will be looking for at least 20m imo.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 29 Aug 2012, 7:10 pm

I don't think Dzeko is any good really, he's far too slow, seems lazy and even his work with the ball isn't that great.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 29 Aug 2012, 7:19 pm

Aye Crimey. Has a big reputation but I've never seen him deliver on it.

1 City def on the move is Santa Cruz whos joined Malaga
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 29 Aug 2012, 7:20 pm

Crimey wrote:I don't think Dzeko is any good really, he's far too slow, seems lazy and even his work with the ball isn't that great.

I would agree last season he was, but this season he looks a different player. Did you watch the Wales-Bosnia game? I thought he was superb, although against Wales but still thought he looked sharp myself.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 29 Aug 2012, 7:24 pm

Dzeko is quite a good striker, overshadowed by Tevez, Super Mario and Aguero at city though.

Apparently Dzeko for Walcott is a possibility

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 29 Aug 2012, 7:26 pm

It being against Wales would explain a lot, it's a big step up doing it aginst them than against any team in the premiership let alone week in week out, can't see him being too expensive if City want to get rid.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 29 Aug 2012, 7:30 pm

Arteta - Diaby
Cazorla
Pod - Dzeko - Ox

That looks pretty good on paper. Giroud and Dzeko alternate in that central position.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 29 Aug 2012, 7:31 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:It being against Wales would explain a lot, it's a big step up doing it aginst them than against any team in the premiership let alone week in week out, can't see him being too expensive if City want to get rid.

world no.37 Whistle

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 29 Aug 2012, 7:32 pm

Dembele for £10mil seems like a steal to me in the current transfer climate, despite losing Modric, Corluka, King, Pavlyuchenko, Pienarr and Kranjcar they've bought in 4 good players at a reasonable price so must have money to spend.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 29 Aug 2012, 7:33 pm

Liam wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:It being against Wales would explain a lot, it's a big step up doing it aginst them than against any team in the premiership let alone week in week out, can't see him being too expensive if City want to get rid.

world no.37 Whistle

Your point being what?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 29 Aug 2012, 7:33 pm

Dembele was £15 was he not?

Spurs look much weaker this term, losing modric is the main hit for them. Im not too sure on dembele as he'll have to step his game up.

Vdv leaving for certain now?

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Aug 2012, 8:04 pm

VDV to Hamburg I though for around £8m+. Yes, Dembele was £15m. Great talent but really needs to increase his goalscoring record.

Julio Cesar has joined QPR. That's Rob Green & Cesar on wages of probably well over £120k a week added together. Ridiculous. QPR are going in one direction........and it won't be pretty.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 29 Aug 2012, 8:07 pm

Rumours than Granero is on his way to QPR
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Wed 29 Aug 2012, 8:09 pm

I see QPR becoming the next portsmouth

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 29 Aug 2012, 8:10 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
Liam wrote:

world no.37 Whistle

Your point being what?

Just a joke, you saying wales aren't great but i was pointing out they were world no.37 which isn't bad but I know as a Welsh football fan we aren't as good as our ranking suggests OK

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 29 Aug 2012, 8:11 pm

Team of rejects. It's like The Expendables.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 29 Aug 2012, 8:23 pm

Theo Walcott staying put apparently, at least in this window. Not sure I believe that, I'm sure there was a similar report about Van Persie where talks were 'going well' and then the next thing was that he said he's going to leave.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 29 Aug 2012, 8:24 pm

Looks like Walcott is staying, which is good though I wouldn't have minded Dzeko in return, just because we need another striker (unless we actually start using Walcott through the centre)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 29 Aug 2012, 8:29 pm

Bennett signed for villla

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 29 Aug 2012, 8:34 pm

Gordon Bennett!?!

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 29 Aug 2012, 8:41 pm

Julio Cesar to QPR on four year deal.

Amazing really. Brazil's number 1 (is he still?) and champions league winner just 2 years ago to a club or scrapped their way out of the relegation zone by the skin of their teeth and don't really seem to be going anywhere fast. Have to feel for Rob Green as well, no 1st team football for him this season.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Wed 29 Aug 2012, 8:53 pm

Julio Cesar is a shadow of his former now though, I believe Inter were desperate to shift him because of his massive wages. I agree with others though QPRs recent signings will be on massive wages, ridiculous for a club of that size.

Anyone heard any news on this Gaston Ramirez to Southampton story I keep hearing? Sounds too good to be true if you ask me.

I reckon there are still a lot of moves to happen between now and Friday, probably at Spurs.

I have to admit as a Chelsea fan been very happy with all the signings this summer bit concerned Moses may go the way of SWP though. But looking forward to the season ahead.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 29 Aug 2012, 9:57 pm

Valencia accept a 7m euro bid bid for Pablo hernandez
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 29 Aug 2012, 10:04 pm

Now appears Berbatov will opt to stay in England with Fulham. That should halt the doom mongers.

Adam to stoke 3.5m
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings III - Page 6 Empty Loic Remy to Spurs

Post by matth7 Thu 30 Aug 2012, 7:18 am

According to ssn, Daniel Levy will fly to france to complete the deal, he'll be a good signing for them and they're desperate for a striker with Jermain Defoe and Emmanuel Adebayor the 2 strikers to have premier league experience.

matth7

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:23 am

Mrs ncfc_Tooze wrote:I see QPR becoming the next portsmouth

We can only hope.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:49 am

Swansea sign Pablo Hernandez for 7m euros (£5.5m) From Valencia

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:51 am

Fee for Sinclair to City agreed

Spurs in for Remy

Juve in for Bendtner
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 30 Aug 2012, 11:14 am

Liverpool offer Andy Carroll to West Ham and Newcastle.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next