The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Premier League Signings III

+44
owen10ozzy
Reaper
Breadvan
NedB-H
JamesLincs
The Awesome Giz
Smirnoffpriest
Amy
Imperial Ghosty
westisbest
Bull
mckay1402
ncfc_Tooze
JDizzle
Josiah Maiestas
compelling and rich
President Trump
Hero
nasisillmatic
lfc91
azania
Mat
Fernando
Bathite
Crimey
Soldier_Of_Fortune
GG
Luke
hampo17
James_182
Gregers
Kay Fabe
Small Time
6oldenbhoy
Beer
Liam
monty junior
spencerclarke
matth7
GSC
Ent
Good Golly I'm Olly
Teej
The Special Juan
48 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Big Premier League Signings III - Page 2 Empty Big Premier League Signings III

Post by The Special Juan Sat 18 Aug 2012, 8:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here is a list of all the "big movers" to the PL this season. The table contains the player's name, club moved from and to and fee for so we can scrutinise them Wink Only players who have moved from outside the PL will be included. Values subject to change

[tr][/tr]
Player From To Fee
Santi Cazorla Malaga (Spain) Arsenal £20.24m
Júlio César Inter Milan (Italy) QPR Free
Javi Garcia Benfica (Portugal) Man City £17.7m
Olivier Giroud Montpellier (France)Arsenal £13.2m
Eden Hazard Lille (France)Chelsea £35.2m
Pablo Hernadez Valencia (Spain) Swansea £7.9m
Shinji Kagawa Borussia Dortmund (Germany) Man Utd £13.2m
Hugo Lloris Lyon (France) Spurs £8.8m
Maicon Inter Milan (Italy) Man City £5m
Marko Marin Werder Bremen (Germany)Chelsea £8.6m
Oscar Internacional (Brazil) Chelsea £26.4m
Gaston Ramirez Bologna (Italy) Southampton £13m
Lukas PodolskiCologne (Germany)Arsenal £11.4m
Nuri Sahin Real Madrid (Spain) Liverpool Loan
Jan Vertonghen Ajax (Netherlands)Tottenham £7.5m
Richard WrightFree TransfersManchester City£0

[tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]

Any updates would be appreciated.

Other transfers that may/may not be interesting:

Alou Diarra - West Ham
Cesar Azpilicueta - Chelsea
Esteban Granero - QPR
Fabio Borini - Liverpool
Gylfi Sigurdsson - Spurs
Jay Rodriguez - Southampton
Kevin Mirallas - Everton
Markus Rosenberg - West Brom
Michu - Swansea
Mladen Petric - Fulham
Nathaniel Clyne - Southampton
Nick Powell - Manchester United
Robert Snodgrass - Norwich
Ron Vlaar - Aston Villa
Steven Naismith - Everton
Vurnon Anita - Newcastle

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html

Last edited by The Special Juan on Sat 01 Sep 2012, 6:55 pm; edited 8 times in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings III - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings III

Post by GSC Tue 21 Aug 2012, 12:36 pm

Aye hes replacing him in that bench role.

Wasn't Bassong part of Wolves urine poor defense last year
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings III - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings III

Post by The Special Juan Tue 21 Aug 2012, 12:37 pm

Who's next for Norwich? Roger Johnson?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 21 Aug 2012, 12:39 pm

Wasn't Bassong part of the Spurs defence that qualified for the Champions League?

Everyone at Wolves was urine last season, but the guy is a good defender, if he can refind his Spurs and Newcastle days
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 12:41 pm

Without making the excuses I've been chastised for on other parts of the board, it was obvious to me that you could see the players haven't played with him for long. Like Fergie said, they played around him as per last season's tactics and just didn't use him like he should have been.

That'll get ironed out as they play more together though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 12:43 pm

Give him time to settle and gel into the style of Manchester United. Also Bassong was a major part of Newcastle's defence that got relegated in 09' and he scarpered very soon after that. After a promising start to his career it's beginning to become very journeyman like and I can't see him staying at Norwich for too long.

Last edited by John on Tue 21 Aug 2012, 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 21 Aug 2012, 12:47 pm

Still, he'd struggled to be worse than Michael turner Laugh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Tue 21 Aug 2012, 12:50 pm

GSC wrote:Man City are signing English youth for good prices *cough* Liverpool *cough*.

Sinclair isn't anything special but hes a decent wide option off the bench with his pace and trickery

He doesn't mate.....spent the last two seasons watching him.....good championship player, weak premier league player.....can't see how he gets a kick for Citeh.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 21 Aug 2012, 12:52 pm

I don't think hes anything special as I said. But late on, with his pace against tiring defenders hes a handful. Walcotts made a career of it
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 21 Aug 2012, 12:54 pm

Theo Walcott is miles better than Scott Sinclair. Sinclair was not that great for Swansea last season, Dyer was much better
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 21 Aug 2012, 12:58 pm

I agree there, always rated Dyer more. Just wait and see though.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Tue 21 Aug 2012, 1:00 pm

He's got a little bit of pace no doubting that, but he's always trying to to cut back in on to his right and runs in to traffic. I don't see how he's anywhere near the standard to get into any of the top 6 teams, even if he is used as a late sub. Wasted 5 mil (or whatever the fee will be) for me.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 21 Aug 2012, 1:57 pm

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/20/3319732/manchester-city-fail-in-31m-pursuit-of-roma-midfielder-de
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Tue 21 Aug 2012, 2:03 pm

The Special Juan wrote:http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/20/3319732/manchester-city-fail-in-31m-pursuit-of-roma-midfielder-de

He's not that good is he? I don't see him anything more than a defensive midfielder that can pass a bit :S

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 21 Aug 2012, 2:08 pm

Sainty wrote:Without making the excuses I've been chastised for on other parts of the board, it was obvious to me that you could see the players haven't played with him for long. Like Fergie said, they played around him as per last season's tactics and just didn't use him like he should have been.

That'll get ironed out as they play more together though.

#violin

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 21 Aug 2012, 2:18 pm

Small Time wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/20/3319732/manchester-city-fail-in-31m-pursuit-of-roma-midfielder-de

He's not that good is he? I don't see him anything more than a defensive midfielder that can pass a bit :S

He's meant to be one of the best midfield generals in the game (at his peak).
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Tue 21 Aug 2012, 2:24 pm

The Special Juan wrote:
Small Time wrote:

He's meant to be one of the best midfield generals in the game (at his peak).

Just never thought that much of him tbh....I'm not going to mention his age (as we just signed RVP) Smile

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 21 Aug 2012, 2:28 pm

I don't think De Rossi's age matters too much. I reckon he'll still be playing in 7-10 years time. Never seen him at his peak due to certain circumstances but he was amazing at the Euro's at CB for Italy.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 21 Aug 2012, 2:36 pm

The Special Juan wrote:I don't think De Rossi's age matters too much. I reckon he'll still be playing in 7-10 years time. Never seen him at his peak due to certain circumstances but he was amazing at the Euro's at CB for Italy.

Pirlo is what? 62? Released by AC Milan cause they said his knees had gone, went to Juve and played in an unbeaten side like he was 24 again.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 21 Aug 2012, 2:37 pm

De Rossi is a fantastic player.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 21 Aug 2012, 2:41 pm

I would make a claim that the Italian league allows players to play on longer due to the slower pace but Pirlo bossed the Euro's so that's not a valid point. I think they are very fit in Italy. Look at Seedorf, Inzaghi, Van Bommel, Nesta, Amrbosini, Gattuso, Zambrotta, Zanetti, Totti, Toni, Di Natale, Del Piero etc.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by James_182 Tue 21 Aug 2012, 3:35 pm

Press conference from De Rossi:

“I am staying, I am happy here and I have never, ever asked to leave,” DDR announced.
“People have written all sorts of things, about me, about Roberto Mancini. Some of it makes me laugh, some of it makes me angry.”
“What I can promise everyone is that the day I do leave Roma - whether to win the Champions League or make more money - I will say so in public.
“I came here to do a Press conference that I do every year. I didn’t speak while with the national team out of respect. There are offers and it is important for me to speak my mind.
“One club, the one you all know, made an enquiry. One or two others, but that was just talk.
“I don't know if the club still want to sell me, I'm guessing they count on me since they gave me a huge contract in May. Ask them.”

Fantastic news, one of the true flag bearers for his club left in the game, and would have been a shame for him to leave that behind for money. Seems a straight talking sort of guy too, so worth bearing in mind for future transfer links, seeing as he saying he would just come out and tell the public if he wanted out. Refreshing honesty.

James_182

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 21 Aug 2012, 4:26 pm

Michael Dawson off to QPR for 10m
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 21 Aug 2012, 4:29 pm

Don't get that one. Dawson > All of Spurs CBs.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 21 Aug 2012, 4:30 pm

That is crazy money for a player who is injury prone. However it does mean Caulker is obviously going to be getting more playing time, which is good, he is a good CB
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Tue 21 Aug 2012, 4:34 pm

GSC wrote:Michael Dawson off to QPR for 10m

Can't find this anywhere fella.....plus it really doesn't sound like good business for spurs (as in it leaves them short on centre backs) unless they've got a transfer target ready to sign?

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 21 Aug 2012, 4:39 pm

Its on SSN right now (albeit for less than I saw) Whistle

Vertonghen can play CB
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Tue 21 Aug 2012, 4:43 pm

GSC wrote:Its on SSN right now (albeit for less than I saw) Whistle

Vertonghen can play CB

Does that leave them with Caulker, Kaboul and Vertonghen? Still a little thin :S

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 21 Aug 2012, 4:43 pm

Gallas as well
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 21 Aug 2012, 4:45 pm

Gallas is terrible now tho
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 21 Aug 2012, 4:49 pm

As I said, Dawson (when fit) > Any Spurs CB including Vertonghen.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 21 Aug 2012, 4:50 pm

a. hes never fit.

b. Dawsons a good player when hes fit but I don't think hes ever been a top CB in this league
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 21 Aug 2012, 4:52 pm

Dawson is just like Deadly Ledley, good when fit, but literally never fit
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 21 Aug 2012, 4:55 pm

Dawson and Deadly Ledley were one of the best partnerships in the league but they were never fit Laugh Dawson's a rock; he might not offer what Vertonghen does going forward but he's better defensively. I think he and Vertonghen would have made a great partnership.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 21 Aug 2012, 5:01 pm

Ricardo Fullers off to Charlton.

If King had knees he'd have been a CL regular

Had Dawson been fit he'd still probably be Europa league class.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 5:01 pm

37 games in 06/07', 27 games in 07/08', 16 games in 08/09', 29 games in 09/10' and awarded Tottenham player of the year, 24 games in 10/11' and then unfortunately only 4 games when he missed the rest of the 2011-12 season due to rupture ankle ligament during Spurs' 3-1 FA Cup win over Stevenage. He's hardly injury prone to the extent you are suggesting. One big injury has made you think otherwise.

Anyhow it seems a ridiculous deal and is Huddlestone being thrown in aswell?

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 21 Aug 2012, 5:07 pm

Dawson is a good player, unlucky with injuries. sorry anyone who doesn't rate de rossi is mad imo, he's a fantastic player who has an eye for a pass and breaks up play superbly. be a great signing for anyone although it seems he's doing a totti and sticking with roma.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 5:20 pm

martyr wrote:anyone who doesn't rate de rossi is mad imo, he's a fantastic player who has an eye for a pass and breaks up play superbly

Exactly. The same thing with Pazzini and Oscar a while back. Alot of people on here are blinkered towards the EPL and don't watch foreign leagues to the extent of there own domestic league. De Rossi is world class, his record is phenomenal and a true great in the Italian game and I'm not surprised that Mancini wanted him.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 21 Aug 2012, 5:29 pm

I presume Dawson has a sell on % so happy days for forest
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 21 Aug 2012, 5:32 pm

So it seems Norwich and QPR have decided to strengthen there backlines with the two main CB's that were present in the season Spurs qualified for the CL.

I have to say I think that Dawson is the better player, but would rather have Bassong due to the injury problems, and the amazing fact that Bassong is only 26 Shocked

Also not a panic buy from Norwich, the number 5 shirt was left open last week when squad numbers were announced last week, so there has been lots of speculation as to another CB coming in.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 21 Aug 2012, 5:34 pm

John wrote:
martyr wrote:anyone who doesn't rate de rossi is mad imo, he's a fantastic player who has an eye for a pass and breaks up play superbly

Exactly. The same thing with Pazzini and Oscar a while back. Alot of people on here are blinkered towards the EPL and don't watch foreign leagues to the extent of there own domestic league. De Rossi is world class, his record is phenomenal and a true great in the Italian game and I'm not surprised that Mancini wanted him.

only have to look at the spanish league to see the quality of players is superior to every league in the world, its just people have this idea everyone just rolls around and passes for the sake of it, oh and they can't defend.

de rossi like you said is phenomenal and if utd had 25-30m to spend right now, i would spend it on him, easily the best cdm in the world imo.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 21 Aug 2012, 5:36 pm

Bassongs also been in 2 relegated sides by 26
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 21 Aug 2012, 5:40 pm

GSC wrote:Bassongs also been in 2 relegated sides by 26

If he can refind his form he had at Newcastle and Spurs I won't be complaining thumbsup

It's a 50/50. But he has worked a lot with Hughton before, in his Newcastle and Spurs days, so hopefully he will come good
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 21 Aug 2012, 5:43 pm

Bored of people moaning about other people not watching other leagues. We don't all have the time to sit down and watch the highlights from Zimbabwe's 3rd tier.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 21 Aug 2012, 5:46 pm

Adebayor signs for Spurs
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 21 Aug 2012, 5:47 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Bored of people moaning about other people not watching other leagues. We don't all have the time to sit down and watch the highlights from Zimbabwe's 3rd tier.

Aye, its a lazy defense
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 21 Aug 2012, 5:49 pm

yes but when people make comments on players who they have barely watched before it is quite annoying.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 21 Aug 2012, 5:51 pm

You assume they don't because their opinion isn't as high as yours
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 21 Aug 2012, 5:59 pm

martyr wrote:yes but when people make comments on players who they have barely watched before it is quite annoying.

Agree with that; I'll admit when I don't know anything about someone such as Ligue 1 players where, although I've read about them, I've not seen most of them due to the lack of games on TV (or anyone that plays in Brazil). However, when I have seen a player a few times and get criticised for not thinking they're great (it's called an OPINION) that really ticks me off.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 21 Aug 2012, 6:13 pm

GSC wrote:You assume they don't because their opinion isn't as high as yours

i have no problem if someone doesn't have the same opinion of a player as me, more often than not thought people who make general comments of a player they have barely seen in a match.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 21 Aug 2012, 6:16 pm

The Special Juan wrote:
martyr wrote:yes but when people make comments on players who they have barely watched before it is quite annoying.

Agree with that; I'll admit when I don't know anything about someone such as Ligue 1 players where, although I've read about them, I've not seen most of them due to the lack of games on TV (or anyone that plays in Brazil). However, when I have seen a player a few times and get criticised for not thinking they're great (it's called an OPINION) that really ticks me off.

completely agree there, like for instance, i can't really make a comment on loic remy, despite being highly rated, because i haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion. its just i have spoken to so many peers about spanish/italian etc players and then i say 'do you watch la liga and the club he plays for they go no' well how can you make an assumption on him then?

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next