The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

La Vuelta

+17
LuvSports!
LastDamnation
VTR
alfie
djlovesyou
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Postie
ChequeredJersey
Mike Selig
Dave.
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
dummy_half
Who_Shot_JR
Mad for Chelsea
JDizzle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Azabache
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

La Vuelta - Page 3 Empty La Vuelta

Post by Azabache Mon 20 Aug 2012, 2:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Can't wait to see how this unfolds.

Froome or Contador?
My heart says Froome, my head says Bertie-his Tour of Atonement?

Or Cobo?

Or.....?

Azabache

Back to top Go down

La Vuelta - Page 3 Empty Re: La Vuelta

Post by Azabache Thu 06 Sep 2012, 10:22 am

OMG! Caught up with the coverage late last night. One of the most exciting days for some time.

Sensational, if you suspend suspicions of some kind of stitchup. Was Rodriguez really that unaware? Still, an object lesson in how not to assume a race is in the bag.

Contador's performance reminded me of some of the wonderful Richard Virenque's victories. An awesome hombre.

I'd like to see Bertie and Lance on a podium somewhere giving a nice two-fingered salute to all their tormentors and persecutors.

Azabache

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 06 Sep 2012, 7:11 pm

I still can't believe Rodriguez just apparantly let Contador go up the road!!! I mean what was he thinking??? Terrible riding if true, chase him down he was second overall for gods sake!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by LastDamnation Sun 09 Sep 2012, 10:09 am

End of a great tour, shame for Rodriguez - but in all honesty he could have won two tours if his tactics had been better imo. This route was made for him and given that he only lost a minute in the time trial and how much stronger he appeared to be in some of the mountains I can't help thinking he could have won by being more aggressive.

LastDamnation

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 10 Sep 2012, 8:55 am

Didn't see yesterday, but caught the end of Saturday's stage. Only word for that was brutal - last 3km (of a longer climb) was on a collapsing concrete road that varied between about 10 and 20% gradient, with the average in the high teens. No tactics in riding up that, it was just every man for himself and hope you reach the top. Rodriguez was easily the best of the GC riders, but it just wasn't a long enough climb to regain the stupid 2.5 minutes lost the other day.

I've never seen the whole lead group of riders finish so much in bits. Guys were just reaching the line and being grabbed by team helpers to stop them falling off or collapsing.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3