Fast Forward Raw review - with added doing it from memory

Go down

Fast Forward Raw review - with added doing it from memory Empty Fast Forward Raw review - with added doing it from memory

Post by Adam D on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 12:11 pm

Okay so what happened?

I think it started off with Jerry Lawler making an announcement. Even in fast forward it seemed drawn out.

Punk came out and confronted him - people could vote on the main event stip between the two. Either Cage, Bra and Panty match, No DQ or gravy tub match. I really hope that its the gravy match.

HHH - game over? Little trailer for this later in the show.

Daniel Bryan segment where he is in a anger management therapy session. Isnt Charlie Sheens new show called anger management? I am sure that its a coincidence. Quite a funny segment - Bryan is the only good thing on Raw at the moment.

A match happens next. cant remember which one, so I will describe them all in one go.

Swagger vs Ryback - the former world champ dominates and picks up the easy victory.
Miz vs Cena - the former world champ (Miz)dominates and picks up the easy victory
Ziggler/ Del Rio vs Orton/Sheamus - the former world champs (Ziggler, DelRio)dominate and picks up the easy victory
Layla vs Natalia - the former world champ (Natalya) dominates and picks up the easy victory
daniel Bryan vs R Truth - the former world champ (Bryan) dominates and picks up the easy victory

Actually - none of those things happened and Ryback/ Cena / Layla/R Truth and Sheamus win. How the mighty have fallen. I love this Ziggles programme. He is an unstoppable monster right now. Good to see that in every match there was a former world champ who lost. Yippe for WWE creative making teir talent seem strong.

For the record, they also had Heath Slater being beaten by Santino. That is all kinds of win.

So what else happened - oh yes a tag match between Sandow/ Rhodes (two of the greatest prospects) against the Funksaurus and Sin Cara which had the two greatest porspects lose. Of course it did. WWE creative are on a roll. Best. Show. Ever.

Anything else? Let me think.

Another Daniel Bryan therapy session. Latecomer to the session is Kane. Unbelievably, these sections are the only entertaining things on Raw. Kane makes fun about his past - way to go creative of turning the monster into a figure of fun.

Zach Ryder was in a match where he got taken out by his tag partner from last week (Kane). Cant for the life of me remember who he was fighting but he won.

Its revealed that Punk v Lawler will be a cage match. Bisto shares plummit.

HHH comes out to tell us its game over. Or maybe its not. In fact his 3 hour speech reveals that he is unsure. Thank God we moved to 3 hours for that promo.

HHH - game over? Little trailer for this later in the show. Actually we have already done that so its untrue.

Cage match between Punk and Lawler which was better than it should have been. Punk destroys him after the match and cena makes the rescue. Punk bails. The guy who wants respect beats up an announcer and runs from Cena.

#winning

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Fast Forward Raw review - with added doing it from memory Empty Re: Fast Forward Raw review - with added doing it from memory

Post by Mr Video Man on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 12:20 pm

poor raw think the crowd were chanting boring a few times during the show if i heard them right which i probably didnt. not enjoyable raw at all this week but then again thats wwe for you i guess
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Fast Forward Raw review - with added doing it from memory Empty Re: Fast Forward Raw review - with added doing it from memory

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 12:42 pm

Yeah really poor lots of matches which is often not the case but just really poor. Crowd chanted boring during Santino v Slater which had one of the funniest unfunny atempts at a funny section ever. With Santino rolling to the opposite corner when ever Slater climbed the corner.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 12:58 pm

The only things that were good about Raw this week were the Bryan/Kane anger management segments. Thats all, it was quite boring.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 1:51 pm

Sounds poor. I may just delete it from my Sky box instead of watching it

I don't usually read Raw spoilers until I've watched the show, but since it went to 3 hours I have to because I resent giving up that extra hour for something that 9 times out of 10 will suck

Last edited by gazzyD on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 1:52 pm

Kane in anger management was one of the best comedy segments the WWE have done

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 1:56 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Kane in anger management was one of the best comedy segments the WWE have done

It was well done - reminded me of Dr Evil in therapy!

I also liked he mentioned Katie Vick!

But the problem I have with it is how they can have him go back to his monster version now. They have effectively ruined the character for a cheap (albeit very funny) laugh.

Bryan was also gold in these segments. they were the only good thing this week.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 2:00 pm

You can't worry about ruining Kane now, it's a running theme, he turns demonic, destroys a lot of things, looks unbeatable then it flips, he turns face and becomes a bit of an insiders joke, then out of the blue it happens all over again, that's been his path since 97

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 2:11 pm

You can't worry about ruining Big Show now, it's a running theme, he turns heel, destroys a lot of things, looks unbeatable then it flips, people realise he's boring and can't put on a decent match he turns face and becomes a bit of a joke, then out of the blue it happens all over again, that's been his path since 97.

Could be used for so many.......

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 2:13 pm

Raw was poor. We all have a jib at the crowds for being quiet but wouldn't you for 3 hours watching matches like Santino/Slater. Its annoying because people like Tyson Kidd could be getting a run. He's exiting and would get the crowd out of their seats. Sin Cara seems to be that man for the WWE but he genuinely bores me and he messes up allot.

Loved Punk beating the hell out of Lawler. He deserves it simply due to his awful commentary haha. Although they really have to move away from commentators getting involved in storylines. I thought we'd moved past this with the longest feud in history between Lawler/Cole.

Apart from Punk and the anger management segments which I thought were just great, the show was awful. They really need to bring through actual wrestlers from FCW/NXT etc because 3 hours is clearly already too long. Rather than throw Santino and Slater/Otunga take your pick down our throats every week, bring through proper wrestlers. That was what made the attitude era/Ruthless aggression era great for me. Traditionally and hour and a 1/2 into the show, the lower/mid-card are up. Back then, the wrestlers at that time were actually good wrestlers and would put on good matches. At around that time now, I'm bored out of my mind.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 3:15 pm

I think WWE really need to consider 3 hours it really has been a disaster. The odd 3 hour show yes no problem. But week in week out isn't working too well IMO

So CM Punk has gone from Huge Face to Face/Heel to Heel to full blown heel after this weeks Raw. Attacking a hall of famer in the cage. Still think WWE are already screwing this story line up. I just don't see where its going.

The Anger management segments were very good, i found them funny.

I was hoping for something decent from the HHH promo. Like i will be WWE champion again. I will set an open challenge out for Night of Champions. Something on those lines. So it will be Brock vs HHH at Survivor Series i guess.

Overall a poor Raw. John Cena vs CM Punk at Night of Champions should be good though.

Raw in Chicago next week! Big night for CM Punk

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 3:19 pm

am i right in thinking punk picked his next opponent for the wwe championship to be cena?

If so, why did AJ come out and say 'i will pick his next opponent, JOHN CENA!'.

Anyone else in absolute shock when she said that? Wasn't expecting Cena at all, glad they went to the effort of coming out at the top of the stage to announce it picard

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 3:33 pm

The reason HHH had his announcement last night was because WWE don't think the crowd at Summerslam didn't take it seriously.

How do you expect us to take it seriously when we know that that wouldn't be his last match?!

Not watched Raw yet, will probably just check out the Bryan scenes and Punk-Lawler

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 3:34 pm

gazzyD wrote:Sounds poor. I may just delete it from my Sky box instead of watching it

I don't usually read Raw spoilers until I've watched the show, but since it went to 3 hours I have to because I resent giving up that extra hour for something that 9 times out of 10 will suck

Exactly the same here

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 3:53 pm

If we don't believe Ric Flair when he says that he definately is retiring why should we believe HHH when he says I may be possibly retiring.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 4:47 pm

He ain't retiring, no reason for him too either, he should be (storyline) considering it though as he's only won one of his last four major fights (CM Punk) and has other things to occupy him, still, like him or not, when his final match looms the WWE will quite rightly so make one helluva effort to make sure its the must see feud heading into whatever WrestleMania it happens to be

I don't see why Wrestling fans make a big deal out of people breaking their word on retirement, I think its bonkers to all of a sudden hold a Pro Wrestler to their word when the whole concept of Pro Wrestling is to work said fans

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 4:56 pm

I don't think Triple H will ever have the fanfare retirement, and if he does, it certainly won't stay intact for long. I imagine as long as he is healthy enough he won't be able to resist to keep getting into the ring and as he's staying involved with wrestling in the corporate side and most likely as an authority figure that temptation will always be there.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 5:30 pm

What I found odd about Raw was during the Punk Lawler match, it looked like Punk hit Lawler with a Rock Bottom before the Anaconda Vice to win, and Cole made no mention of this or made a huge deal out of it, which I thought he might of seeing as Punk Rock is possibly on the cards for the rumble.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 6:44 pm

Cole is in a bit of trouble for not making a big deal out of Punk hitting The Rock Bottom

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 8:26 pm

it wasnt a rock bottom. its the set up for the anaconda vice.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 8:28 pm

JamesLincs wrote:it wasnt a rock bottom. its the set up for the anaconda vice.

Well the dirt sheets, which while not 100% reliable tend to be right a lot of the times, are all saying that Cole has backstage heat for not mentioning it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 8:31 pm

what!? it blatantly isnt or wasnt intended to be a rock bottom! seriously, we on this board seem to know more than those on the inside

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 8:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fm9Y4renZU also search for his match with justin credible, i think he does it in that match

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 8:39 pm

honestly astounds me that they fail to know these things, and im only a part time fan.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 10:37 pm

Cole is indeed in major trouble. This could be easily be saved though. Just have Punk cut a promo next week about it maybe? Or slag Cole off as well

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 10:54 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Cole is indeed in major trouble. This could be easily be saved though. Just have Punk cut a promo next week about it maybe? Or slag Cole off as well

That was my thinking but mind you it wouldn't fit in with the whole 'show me respect thing' the fact he mocked the Rock by stealing his move. I did notice it was a Rock bottom straight away and I'm surprised Cole didn't say anything along the lines of 'Was that a Rock bottom...and now the annaconda vice! locked in on lawler'. That's all he needed to do.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 11:15 pm

IT WASNT A ROCK BOTTOM!

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 11:18 pm

I know its only a computer game but if you have Anaconda vice as as a finisher on WWE12 from a standing position it does something very similar to a rock bottom to set up the submission

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara on Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:41 pm

The Kane / Daniel Bryan segments were hysterical.

I enjoyed RAW. Punk was great, liking the new haircut. I particularly liked his made up song he started singing during his match - very funny.

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC on Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:43 pm

gazzyD wrote:I know its only a computer game but if you have Anaconda vice as as a finisher on WWE12 from a standing position it does something very similar to a rock bottom to set up the submission

Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:48 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:
gazzyD wrote:I know its only a computer game but if you have Anaconda vice as as a finisher on WWE12 from a standing position it does something very similar to a rock bottom to set up the submission

Laugh

Its still real to me dammit!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze on Wed 29 Aug 2012, 6:14 pm

Did anyone else notice that Harold in the Anger management segment was indy wrestler and TNA X-Div title tournament participant Scorpio Sky?

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz NG on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:30 pm

I thought Raw was pretty dull to be honest, though the anger management classes were amusing.

What annoyed me more was HHH coming out and basically saying nothing, except thanking the fans. Complete waste of TV time.

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC on Thu 30 Aug 2012, 2:54 pm

I do not have a goat face!! i am a handsome man!

As others have said the anger managment segs where great, best comedy angle in a long time, Bryan was excellent and Kane's speach was great! loved the way Bryan told harold to shut up!

Top notch jedi banter!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara on Fri 31 Aug 2012, 12:44 pm

I am liking Harold!!

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz on Fri 31 Aug 2012, 2:03 pm

Apparently there will be more next week, I'm looking forward to these anger pictures.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace on Fri 31 Aug 2012, 6:27 pm

Is it just me that thinks Punk is going for the Austin Aries look more and more each week

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam on Fri 31 Aug 2012, 9:52 pm

Nah glad Punk has shaven his hair,if anything he's gone back to his straight edge society look that he had with luke gallows.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 6:36 pm

This is a horrible, horrible one sided and embarrassingly cynical review

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 6:38 pm

Electric Demon wrote:This is a horrible, horrible one sided and embarrassingly cynical review

You are welcome Laugh

It was in direct response to the slaughtering that crips gave Impact!

I was much kinder to RAW on this weeks podcast.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 6:42 pm

Fair enough - I only just read Crips' TNA review Laugh

I suppose in sight of that it does give some balance to proceedings. Just a really horrible, negative balance. Laugh

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D on Sun 02 Sep 2012, 6:46 pm

On reflection, they were both pretty horrible shows this week - I did genuinely feel that RAW was worse though but that was purely down to the overhyping of the HHH segment that went nowhere.

The Bryan/ Kane segments were the highlight.

The booking is strange and although I can see the logic in the results from the matches, I just dont get why former world champs were buried so much this week.

For example - there was no reason to put Miz in with Cena- it served no purpose or logic other than to say that the US champ (or is it intercontinental) is not as good as Cena. Why didnt they put in someone else for that role? I just find it incredibly annoying that every single result could have been predicted.

At least TNA was fun due to its chaotic finale and Hulk Hogan having sex with a grizzly scene.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum