The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily racing thread Saturday 16 April

5 posters

Go down

Daily racing thread Saturday 16 April Empty Daily racing thread Saturday 16 April

Post by racingnut Sat 16 Apr 2011, 12:21 pm

Afternoon board,sorry im a bit late with this but just had time to scan the cards for today and this jumped of the paper at me.Was at Perth a few seasons back and happened to be staying in the same hotel as Ruby Walsh,got talking to him after racing in the bar,real gent,totally unassuming and we got round to the question of riders weight and he told me that he will get down to 10-01 or less only if its got a real chance.Since then ive watched for him doing 10-01 or less and his strike rate when doing these low weights is absolutely fantastic.....why all this waffle you ask....well guess what weight hes got down too today for THE MINACK.........10-01.Tip in itself? I think hes got a stellar chance,to be honest thats why i think they left the top weight in,compress the weights and keep him down.His last run was spoilt by a couple of sticky jumps but before that hed won two novice events on the bounce and the record of lightly weighted novices in this is pretty good.I think hes a more than sporting bet.

Be good. thumbsup

Last edited by racingnut on Sat 16 Apr 2011, 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Daily racing thread Saturday 16 April Empty Re: Daily racing thread Saturday 16 April

Post by Grahame1971 Sat 16 Apr 2011, 1:03 pm

Good shout Racing' and it's been one i've been toying with backing today ... funnily enough, the other one i was looking at (and already had a small each way bet on earlier in the week) was Ferdy's Poker De Sivola ... with your connection is there anything to report on this one ??
Always interested when Ruby gets so low, as with AP when he sweats down to 10st 4 it's always a tip in iteslf and i agree with you that Neptune Collonges has more than likely been left in to allow The Minack to race of this weight whilst being better off with all those below in the handicap.
Off to Leicester in a minute ... Not the most fascinating of cards (as usual for my local track) but one things for sure, i've got the winner of the 5.10 sorted !!!! Yahoo

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Daily racing thread Saturday 16 April Empty Re: Daily racing thread Saturday 16 April

Post by racingnut Sat 16 Apr 2011, 1:08 pm

Poker ran at the Festival and shaped with quite a bit of promise,he was just about fav for this race last season but his Cheltenham victory left its mark.He hasnt had a hard season by any stretch of the imagination and the yard are in good form(winner yesterday which i missed mad ),i certainly wouldnt put anyone off him i just think that at the weights something might be better in and a bit less exposed.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat 16 Apr 2011, 1:09 pm

Grahame1971 wrote:Good shout Racing' and it's been one i've been toying with backing today ... funnily enough, the other one i was looking at (and already had a small each way bet on earlier in the week) was Ferdy's Poker De Sivola ... with your connection is there anything to report on this one ??
Always interested when Ruby gets so low, as with AP when he sweats down to 10st 4 it's always a tip in iteslf and i agree with you that Neptune Collonges has more than likely been left in to allow The Minack to race of this weight whilst being better off with all those below in the handicap.
Off to Leicester in a minute ... Not the most fascinating of cards (as usual for my local track) but one things for sure, i've got the winner of the 5.10 sorted !!!! Yahoo

Have a nice time at Leicester, Grahame.......I've got Poker in the comp Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat 16 Apr 2011, 1:12 pm

Hi racingnut........could you please edit the title of this thread to make it a chat thread for today's racing.

I started one a few minutes ago but I've removed it as I think it would be better if we just use this one,

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat 16 Apr 2011, 1:26 pm

Thanks racing Very Happy

We must remember to start a chat thread every Saturday......or for any day of the week if anyone wants to start one up.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat 16 Apr 2011, 1:28 pm

At Ayr i also like Sanctuaire in the Scottish Champion Hurdle.Bolted up in the Fred Winter last year but has run far too free this season but with three or four in this field that like to force it i can see Ruby sitting like a church mouse on this one before trying to drop him in front close home.
Newbury stages a fair card with Frankel being the center of attention,im still to be convinced that hes beaten anything of note apart from Roderic o Connor and at silly prices today and for the 200 you can afford to miss him.Only horse that interests me at Newbury is Rimth of Paul Coles,though she was a very decent prospect last season because when she won her maiden she showed a real change of gear and i think that is a potent weapon in any class of race.She ran with credit in good company afterwards and if they go a good clip here i can she her been delivered late by Mr show off himself.
3 ew singles
The Minack
Sanctuaire
Rimth
Be good ,be careful,if not buy a pram Ok!

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat 16 Apr 2011, 1:31 pm

)
Solerina wrote:Thanks racing Very Happy

We must remember to start a chat thread every Saturday......or for any day of the week if anyone wants to start one up.

Solerina

The regulars on 606 used to do a daily thread every day,if we get a few more faces on here i reckon a daily chat about the days fare isnt a bad idea.Whoever gets on first just stick it up(that doesnt sound very nice Erm)

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat 16 Apr 2011, 1:37 pm

Yes....good idea racing...........whoever's on first thing in the morning put the daily racing thread up.

Well.....I'm going to make a huge effort to get interested in the Flat racing......I've never managed it before so I'll see how it goes.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Frankel running later.......so that's a start for me : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat 16 Apr 2011, 1:41 pm

Just looked at Ripons card(id normally be there but decorating!) and theyve got a very nice conditions event at 5.15.Three nice older prospects in Total Command,Bikini Babe and Dandino.This might be one of those events that throws some nice winners in the coming months but if Dandino is what the connections think he is then he should be beating thes.The opening hcap is a minefield but City of the Kings will love the drying ground.If i was there id be betting in two events that top and tail the card;
City of the Kings small ew
Dandino med win (but only at evens or bigger)

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat 16 Apr 2011, 1:43 pm

Solerina wrote:Yes....good idea racing...........whoever's on first thing in the morning put the daily racing thread up.

Well.....I'm going to make a huge effort to get interested in the Flat racing......I've never managed it before so I'll see how it goes.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Frankel running later.......so that's a start for me : )

Solerina

Im a total NH man Sol but its a long time til it all starts properly again so im going to try and relight the candle i used to burn for the Flat when i was younger and making plenty of money at it.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Sat 16 Apr 2011, 1:46 pm

hi Sol,

good idea about the Saturday chat but not today for me Im afraid.
going to watch the 2.05 then off to watch my local footy team for a change today.

good to see you are getting interested in the flat. I will try and run some more tipping contets for the major festivals this summer.

I didnt put it up in my selections earlier but I see that REGAL HEIGHTS is 40/1 for the Scottish National and I reckon that has got to have an each way chance. Very Happy

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanseadabber Sat 16 Apr 2011, 1:48 pm

Hello Sol,Nut not really done much studying this morning been busy tryin to amuse the anklebiter.

Have had a single on Alan King's Blazing Baileys in the National, main bet today is the footy.
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat 16 Apr 2011, 1:49 pm

Footy bets....only lead to heartbreak Doh last minute goals always drop you in!

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat 16 Apr 2011, 1:51 pm

Well im off to watch a few races,will try to get back on between events but not promising.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanseadabber Sat 16 Apr 2011, 1:53 pm

Aye, know only too well Nut, but have had a single bet on Motherwell 23/20 in the Scottish semi today, winnin 3-0 HT so surely even my bad luck will not resurface here.
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat 16 Apr 2011, 1:54 pm

Teams can come back from two but never three...money in the bank fella thumbsup

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat 16 Apr 2011, 1:59 pm

Hi Steveo and Swansea,

I'm only on here till half three, then I'm off to work.

Busy afternoon for me.....keeping an eye on Frankel, the racing from Ayr.....and Andy Murray!

You used to make money betting then, racingnut? I'd love to be able to do that.

I think if I did take up betting I'd make lots of little each way bets on bigish priced horses....rather than putting big money on favourites.

I was watching the Morning line and I think someone has got something like £500,000 on Frankel......I wasn't listening properly so can't remember if it was for him to win or lose.

Now what's this laying all about? Surely making money that way would be easy......I'm brilliant at picking losers Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat 16 Apr 2011, 2:58 pm

Ha ha....Tommo just asked Ruby if he was going to break his duck in the Scottish National.

Ruby told him he broke it in 2002......silly Tommo Erm

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat 16 Apr 2011, 3:04 pm

I've remembered......Ruby won it on Take Control Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat 16 Apr 2011, 3:06 pm

Crumbs.....the sauna's broke down at Ayr.....could be some overweights.

I love a nice sauna Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat 16 Apr 2011, 3:11 pm

Just got time to watch Frankel, then I've got to get ready for work then watch the Scottish National then I'm gone.

All ok with the weights....despite the sauna breaking down

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat 16 Apr 2011, 3:15 pm

Wow! See Frankel go!!

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanseadabber Sat 16 Apr 2011, 3:16 pm

easy Sol
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat 16 Apr 2011, 3:28 pm

Swanseadabber wrote:easy Sol

Yes and he'll come on for that, too,

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat 16 Apr 2011, 3:34 pm

Really bad luck for Poker backers : (

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat 16 Apr 2011, 3:37 pm

Really pleased for Richard Johnson!

Byeee.....be back tomorrow night

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat 16 Apr 2011, 7:54 pm

Well,a very enjoyable day with good quality NH and Flat.Rimth was very impressive in the Fred Darling,she has a real kick but looking at her shes just a pony and surely the others will progress past her as she has no scope.Doubt about her getting the mile so opportunities might be thin on the ground for her although a drop back to a stiff six may open a few more doors.
Frankel did what he had too without setting the world alight,this was only a prep and he did blow hard after the race so improvement will certainly be forthcoming,to shoten him to 1/2 for the 2000 was totally out of order,all hes proved today is that hes still alive and got a leg in each corner.The obvious one to beat but the next superstar? The Nut is yet to be convinced.
Over at Ayr so good jumps action,Sanctuaire finally got it all together,a breathing op,a strong pace and good ground all helped the penny drop with him,he looks a cert to go novice chasing over the summer months as bad winter ground doesnt suit.Gilbarry won the graded novice chase and he might be one for next season,hes a lovely big type with loads of scope and a step up further in trip didnt look as though it would inconvinience.The feature was won in game style by Beshabar,he jumped for fun off this better ground and was well marshalled by Dickie Johnson,he fit the trend of light weight novices doing well in this event but he will almost certainly get a hefty clout from the handicapper although this big pot will compensate for that.
One that has to get a mention is Dandino,he sauntered home in the last at Ripon and if placed away from the real top league then he could have a very fruitful season.He might even turn into a Cup horse by the middle/end of season.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down