The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remember remember

+25
yappysnap
gregortree
ScarletSpiderman
maestegmafia
doctor_grey
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
HammerofThunor
justified sinner
gowales
Portnoy
Morgannwg
Hound_of_Harrow
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
formerly known as Sam
bedfordwelsh
Looseheaded
Hood83
Pot Hale
Knowsit17
Dim
HongKongCherry
BigTrevsbigmac
Geordie
thebluesmancometh
HERSH
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Remember remember Empty Remember remember

Post by HERSH Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:41 am

Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...

thumbsup

Last edited by HERSH on Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Remember remember Empty Re: Remember remember

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:45 am

Do you ever have anything positive to say about anyone???

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:48 am

But it's the truth!

Don't hide from it.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:51 am

Funny word truth, I absolutely believe you when you think it is, so for you it may be the truth, but for the rest of the world it's your speculation!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:45 am

So you think Welsh will stay up?

I don't even think they'll win a game.

Ok I was wrong on that, well played London Welsh thank god that we have Relegation and promotion in this league.

Last edited by HERSH on Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 08 Sep 2012, 12:13 pm

Think ive upset a few people on here already...so ill just keep my opinion to myself.... Wink

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sat 08 Sep 2012, 12:18 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Think ive upset a few people on here already...so ill just keep my opinion to myself.... Wink

Maybe Geordie but LW divide the rugby public many will have little sympathy if & when they get relegated others will always follow an underdog.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Sat 08 Sep 2012, 12:18 pm

HERSH wrote:So you think Welsh will stay up?

I don't even think they'll win a game.

Don't be harsh, they've still got to play Bath... Wink

More to the point Glaws can lose to anyone away, so their first win may not be that far off!!
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Dim Sat 08 Sep 2012, 12:21 pm

When they came up I took against them as I didn't think they were going about things the right way in terms of building from strong foundations, then they signed Henson which seemed to confirm my suspicion on that front. Anyway they're up now and having seen them last week against Leicester where they put in a gutsy if inadequate performance I'm starting to warm to them a bit partly because of the underdog thing. I want them to beet someone this season I just haven't decided who yet.

Dim

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 08 Sep 2012, 12:55 pm

Doesn't look unlikely but two games into the season is too early to conclude on anything Hershy. You just know this thread is going to be brought up if London somehow manage to avoid the drop and you continue your remarkable feat of avoiding a ban Very Happy

Ps. Why haven't you had your say on Glasgow throwing the game last night?

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 08 Sep 2012, 2:05 pm

I personally think they'll struggle, but i'm not moronic enough to write them off 2 games in, people were doing that with Exeter I remember.

It's a long season and anything can happen.

PS I don't like or dislike LW, but I'm not the one with the huge grudge against anything red am I HERSHY?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 08 Sep 2012, 2:24 pm

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:Think ive upset a few people on here already...so ill just keep my opinion to myself.... Wink

Maybe Geordie but LW divide the rugby public many will have little sympathy if & when they get relegated others will always follow an underdog.

Very true mate...but on another thread i maybe made myself look a bit childish and bitter...which is far from the truth....and that doesnt reflect on the other falcons fans on here either. We're generally a very gracious and honest bunch ..... Smile

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 08 Sep 2012, 5:38 pm

Does this mean the Aviva has another season where they don't have to worry about relegation again?

Last edited by Pot Hale on Sat 08 Sep 2012, 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : separate topic)
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 08 Sep 2012, 6:03 pm

The sooner LW are out of the Prem the better. They're whipping boys.

Fine, yes, they should be allowed there under the rules, but I think we have to question any system that allows a team as p@ss poor as them in the top flight.

The English game cannot afford to have a team of, for all intents and purposes, part-timers in its top flight. Even the Rebels had a few decent players when they entered the S15, and now they have players like O'Connor.

LW weaken the Prem. I can't wait for them to drop out.

P.S. - I am also a bitter Falcons fan, which may have something to do with my feelings Smile

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 08 Sep 2012, 6:04 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:
BigTrevsbigmac wrote:

Very true mate...but on another thread i maybe made myself look a bit childish and bitter...which is far from the truth....and that doesnt reflect on the other falcons fans on here either. We're generally a very gracious and honest bunch ..... Smile

Oh dear, sorry Geordie, i think i may have contradicted your 'We're generally a very gracious and honest bunch'....my bad Very Happy

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sat 08 Sep 2012, 6:22 pm

Hood83 wrote:The sooner LW are out of the Prem the better. They're whipping boys.

Fine, yes, they should be allowed there under the rules, but I think we have to question any system that allows a team as p@ss poor as them in the top flight.

The English game cannot afford to have a team of, for all intents and purposes, part-timers in its top flight. Even the Rebels had a few decent players when they entered the S15, and now they have players like O'Connor.

P.S. - I am also a bitter Falcons fan, which may have something to do with my feelings Smile

Well clearly Newcastle weren't good enough last season, so why not let another team have a go?
LW won fair and square, the controversy is surrounding their ground, they have the right to be in the Aviva based on pitch performance.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 08 Sep 2012, 7:29 pm

Isnt that what promotion and relegation is all about though.

Newcastle weren't good enough they went down.

LW won the Championship therefore were promoted.

Or do you want the league ring fenced
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sat 08 Sep 2012, 8:35 pm

Ring fenced please.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 08 Sep 2012, 9:10 pm

I have nothing against the LW players and coaches. They have done the best they could in the league layout they found themselves in. They played a style of rugby that was easy on the eye and tactically astute, though their pack never looked up to AP strength.

I do, however, dislike the directors who have not developed the club in terms of developing the squad strength, stadium facilities and off field personnel/structures. They are doing nothing to protect and develop the reputation and history of the club.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:12 pm

Looseheaded wrote:
Hood83 wrote:The sooner LW are out of the Prem the better. They're whipping boys.

Well clearly Newcastle weren't good enough last season, so why not let another team have a go?
LW won fair and square, the controversy is surrounding their ground, they have the right to be in the Aviva based on pitch performance.

They werent the best side in their division though

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:20 pm

What odds can we get on Wasps conceeding more points this season that LW?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sun 09 Sep 2012, 12:46 am

Looseheaded wrote:

Depends if you think the playoffs is a good system. But yes, based on that system, they deserve to be here...getting humped every week.

Sorry, I probably be such an ar@e about them, but they look completely outclassed.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sun 09 Sep 2012, 5:15 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
Looseheaded wrote:

They werent the best side in their division though

Yes, but based on the play off system they were.
That;s it.
I agree they were not consistently the best last season.
But the championship was won.
That's all there is to say really.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sun 09 Sep 2012, 5:15 am

Hood83 wrote:
Looseheaded wrote:

Depends if you think the playoffs is a good system. But yes, based on that system, they deserve to be here...getting humped every week.

Sorry, I probably be such an ar@e about them, but they look completely outclassed.

I agree it hasn't been a great start, but at the same time, the Falcons managed to get outclassed last season too.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun 09 Sep 2012, 6:48 am

Looseheaded wrote:
Hood83 wrote:
Looseheaded wrote:

I agree it hasn't been a great start, but at the same time, the Falcons managed to get outclassed last season too.

Well Wasps survived on the last day of last season & Falcons beat us on that day. I suspect the writing will be on the wall for LW well before the last day of this season.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:19 am

In LW's defence they couldn't have had a harder start than against the Tigers & Quins. I've certainly seen many sides, including my own, thumped by them. LW do look like they're going to be in real trouble but there is still a long way to go.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:09 am

At the moment Welsh look to be the worst team in the Premiership since West Hartlepool and Rotherham, who only won 3 & 2 games respectively in their relegation seasons. They both finished a long way behind the team in 11th.

Where LW need to improve, and fast, is their front row and defence. They have conceded tries that most AP sides would have snuffed out. Get that right, and get parity in the scrum, and they could nick a couple of games.

But a couple of wins won't be enough.

Pot Hale - the minute an AP club thinks it hasn't got to worry about relegation it's in trouble.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sun 09 Sep 2012, 10:38 am

Looseheaded wrote:
Hood83 wrote:
Looseheaded wrote:

That's true. I think LW will be a poorer team than we were though. I do think if you're going to have promotion and relegation there does need to be better quality control. LW is not a Prem team as far as I can tell, and I don't think it benefits the league as a competition to have them there. But, it is what is is, they won the (ridiculous) playoffs so good on them.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 09 Sep 2012, 3:29 pm

They'll surely go down, there one of a few yo-yo teams in England rugby which makes the relegation in the Premiership all the more worthless.

I don't understand all the hatred towards LW, surely you should be wishing them all the best when they're strugling? Maybe it's because they have 'Welsh' in the team name. They got promoted fair and square as far as I know, seeing as you have to win NatDiv1 to get promoted. Good on them. But stay off the BBC Wales page though because you aren't even a blydi Welsh team.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Sun 09 Sep 2012, 3:38 pm

My suspicion is that as Wuss have a bonus point, they are safe.

And believers in play-off systems as 'fair and square' are deranged.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 09 Sep 2012, 4:23 pm

Really Portnoy?

play off systems are fair and square, especially in rugby where player management is huge. The best team in the league isn't the most consistent team throughout the season some times, timing is everything.

Thats the system most leagues go so they are the rules... deal with it.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun 09 Sep 2012, 5:11 pm

Morgannwg wrote:They'll surely go down, there one of a few yo-yo teams in England rugby which makes the relegation in the Premiership all the more worthless.

I don't understand all the hatred towards LW, surely you should be wishing them all the best when they're strugling? Maybe it's because they have 'Welsh' in the team name. They got promoted fair and square as far as I know, seeing as you have to win NatDiv1 to get promoted. Good on them. But stay off the BBC Wales page though because you aren't even a blydi Welsh team.

I think it's mainly because their infrastructure as a professional organisation is a joke. They aren't the sort of club anyone would want to have in their league. But fair play to them for winning the farcical play offs that were in place last year i suppose...

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Sun 09 Sep 2012, 7:05 pm

So let's get this straight some posters, including HERSH would like to see the AP ring fenced. Yet PRL are pushing for relegation from the Rabo. You guys really don't get that the leagues are set up differently do you?

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Sun 09 Sep 2012, 7:34 pm

PRL are pushing for relegation from the Rabo.

Since when?
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun 09 Sep 2012, 8:11 pm

Morgannwg wrote:They'll surely go down, there one of a few yo-yo teams in England rugby which makes the relegation in the Premiership all the more worthless.

The main reason is the fact they applied after the deadline for a premiership license. When they failed they appealed on the basis they believed they met the criteria. At the appeal they quickly admitted that they failed to meet the criteria and fought the criteria itself. It 'seemed' like they knew the criteria was challengable but didn't want to do it earlier because that would benefit the other clubs. If Welsh had challenged the criteria at the start of season and won no-one would have minded.

However, it's not the players fault so there's no need to take it out on them.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sun 09 Sep 2012, 10:13 pm

No hatred towards Welsh from most people morgs; certainly not towards the players. Read the comments of the more reasoned posters objectively, rather than looking for anti Welsh stuff*.

The way the club went about securing promotion has left a bad taste with some. Especially those who had to fill all the previous criteria for promotion.

*We have probably had more Welsh players at Wasps in the last two seasons than LW.
:tongueincheek:

thumbsup

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 09 Sep 2012, 10:15 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:

The main reason is the fact they applied after the deadline for a premiership license. When they failed they appealed on the basis they believed they met the criteria. At the appeal they quickly admitted that they failed to meet the criteria and fought the criteria itself. It 'seemed' like they knew the criteria was challengable but didn't want to do it earlier because that would benefit the other clubs. If Welsh had challenged the criteria at the start of season and won no-one would have minded.

However, it's not the players fault so there's no need to take it out on them.
+1

LW exploited a gaping chasm that the professional body had created itself, by allowing other teams to avoid one criterium indefinitely and admitting that other might join them

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 09 Sep 2012, 10:40 pm

Hound_of_Harrow wrote:No hatred towards Welsh from most people morgs; certainly not towards the players. Read the comments of the more reasoned posters objectively, rather than looking for anti Welsh stuff*.

The way the club went about securing promotion has left a bad taste with some. Especially those who had to fill all the previous criteria for promotion.

*We have probably had more Welsh players at Wasps in the last two seasons than LW.
:tongueincheek:

thumbsup
Mate, I truly believe the negative comments come from how they went about obtaining promotion.

I haven't read any anti-Welsh stuff in comments about London Welsh. I think everyone looks at them as one of the grand old London Rugby clubs. Certainly I always have. But maybe I don't see Welsh slating where a Welshman would, as I clearly see anti-English comments where perhaps others don't.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 09 Sep 2012, 10:58 pm

London Welsh are a club of great history in English and world rugby. Seven London Welsh players were in the first lions team to beat the all blacks.

They were a fantastic force to be recond with.

It is wonderfully to see them back in the top flight.

Let's hope they can make a go of it.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 10 Sep 2012, 8:01 am

It was interesting to see the number of London Welsh shirts in evidence at Ichmond Athletic Ground thus weekend for the Scottish vs Newcastle game - it seems that some fans prefer to hop over the fence rather than journey up the M40

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Mon 10 Sep 2012, 1:00 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:It was interesting to see the number of London Welsh shirts in evidence at Ichmond Athletic Ground thus weekend for the Scottish vs Newcastle game - it seems that some fans prefer to hop over the fence rather than journey up the M40

Could be a result of the London Welsh Amateur and Mini sides still play at Old Deerr Park (about a two minute walk from Richmond Ground)

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 10 Sep 2012, 1:43 pm

Looseheaded wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:It was interesting to see the number of London Welsh shirts in evidence at Ichmond Athletic Ground thus weekend for the Scottish vs Newcastle game - it seems that some fans prefer to hop over the fence rather than journey up the M40

Could be a result of the London Welsh Amateur and Mini sides still play at Old Deerr Park (about a two minute walk from Richmond Ground)

Their reserves still play there too.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:07 pm

Morgannwg wrote: Maybe it's because they have 'Welsh' in the team name.

picard Why would that be a problem?

HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:12 pm

HERSH wrote:
Morgannwg wrote: Maybe it's because they have 'Welsh' in the team name.

picard Why would that be a problem?

To be honest having the 'London' in their name would be more reason for dislike.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 10 Sep 2012, 4:28 pm

ok so new name:

Oxford Celtic Tigers

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 10 Sep 2012, 4:38 pm

It is a massive shame that London Welsh can't stay in their London Home. A ground share with a fellow SW London club like quins would be ideal.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 10 Sep 2012, 4:51 pm

maestegmafia wrote:It is a massive shame that London Welsh can't stay in their London Home. A ground share with a fellow SW London club like quins would be ideal.

You are out of your mind

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 10 Sep 2012, 4:53 pm

yappysnap wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:It is a massive shame that London Welsh can't stay in their London Home. A ground share with a fellow SW London club like quins would be ideal.

You are out of your mind

Excuse me?

The Stoop is just up the road from Old Deer Park it would be perfect. It would be nice to keep London clubs in London, Wasps, London Irish and Saracens are all quite a way out of town.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 11 Sep 2012, 12:02 am

How does that work with primacy of tenure Whistle

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 11 Sep 2012, 1:56 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:How does that work with primacy of tenure Whistle
Primacy of tenure is a joke that is moving rugby away from mass populated areas.

Plus it is one of the things to be challenged by clubs like london welsh when clubs that were already in the AP were not and still are not abiding to that rule.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next