The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPOTY 2012

+15
Gordy
dummy_half
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
JDizzle
88Chris05
John Cregan
Good Golly I'm Olly
Mad for Chelsea
Super D Boon
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Strawberry Jam
djlovesyou
GSC
trickstat
djkbrown2001
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SPOTY 2012 Empty SPOTY 2012

Post by djkbrown2001 Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:17 am

Lets move away from the usual who is doping and who is not.

On a more positive note. Who do you think will win SPOTY 2012.

The main contenders are:

Jess Ennis

MO Farah

Bradley Wiggins

Andy Murray (if he wins the US open)

David Weir

Ben Ainslie

Sarah Storey

Gerg Rutherford

Ellie Simmonds

Chris Hoy

Wayne Rooney

Frankel

Has there ever been such a deep feel of contenders.

My top 4 are: Jess, Wiggo, MO and Murray.

I think Jess might just clinch it.

Wayne Rooney/Frankel ..... Just kidding

djkbrown2001

Back to top Go down

SPOTY 2012 Empty Re: SPOTY 2012

Post by trickstat Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:38 am

djkbrown2001 wrote:Wayne Rooney/Frankel ..... Just kidding

I'd vote for Frankel as he's much better looking.

trickstat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:30 pm

Wiggins, first Brit to win TDF and gold medallist. Has it on lockdown I imagine.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by djkbrown2001 Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:35 pm

I think Ennis would win it because of presentation/PR etc. But when it comes down to substance what she did wasnt all that.

The candidates with a more substantive case will have to be:

Wiggins as GSC outlined above and MO Farah.

Thats a tough call.

Dont forget Murray possible winning the first GB grandslam in 70 odd years. There is substance in that if can pull it off today.

djkbrown2001

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:36 pm

And tbh I'd put Farah, Hoy, Ainslie and possibly Pendleton above Ennis. Havent really watched the paralympics so can't comment there.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:37 pm

I think Murray probs had to win Wimbledon to be in serious contention.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:38 pm

Taking a quick look at the current odds, Wiggo is miles in front at 11/10, Farah 5/2, Jess at 8s and Murray at 9s
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:26 pm

11/10 is not really miles in front. It still means that there is more chance of him losing than there is winning.

I reckon Murray will have a very good chance if he wins tomorrow. His two Olympic medals along with his other performances give him a very good chance. Couple that with the very parochial Scottish voters and he could pull off a suprise.

Ennis and Mo could split the athletics vote and nobody else has any realistic chance. Although I appreciate Mo has won 2 medals and Ennis only 1, I don't really differentiate between their level of performance that much.

That said, my money would be on Wiggins. I think he will win and I think he deserves to win. (As do many others if it was a different year.)

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:31 pm

It is a sizable lead though. Can't see Wiggo being reeled in anyway. Most medals for a Brit to boot iirc.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Jam Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:26 pm

Wiggins has to be favourite. And probably a clear favourite at that too.

The Tour De France is hard enough as it is. Getting the Olympic Road Time Trial gold as well, pretty much sews it up.

MO's achievements places him ahead of Jess in my book. They also put him directly behind Wiggo in terms of contention for SPOTY [ again, IMO ]. Regarding the compeititon between the two athletes, Jess and MO, who comes out on top there is down to forces beyond us. Jess was phenomenal. Some of the individuals performaces [ like the hurdles and the 200m ] were superb. But MO taking it to the Ethiopians and the Kenyans serving them right for laughing at his chanes a few years back, and breaking their dominance, and making them look ordinary - does it for me.

Regarding Muzza, if he wins the US open - then it'll put him in perhaps 2nd place behind Wiggo. If it was up to me SPOTY 2012 590675 I may sneak him the top spot [ in the even t of US open win ]; after all, a Wimbledon final placing has helped us to re-write one of the stats [ i.e. last time a British bloke got to a Wimbledon final ]; add a US open title, and an Olympic title [ and a mixed doubles silver ] and it becomes a very compelling case SPOTY 2012 3610695981

Top 5

Bradley Wiggins
MO Farah
Chris Hoy
Jess Ennis
Andy Murray
[ he will go to 2nd on the list if he wins the US open title - lets hope he does SPOTY 2012 3768075377 ].

As others have suggested, when was the last time we had so many worthy contendors?! This year, it may mean something king [ there have been previous years when I haven't watched competition and standards were so bad SPOTY 2012 429063825 ].

Anyway, being an athletics fan above all other sports, my personal favourite is Mo Farah SPOTY 2012 1710857839

Chris Hoy to get a special shout. He is a demon!!

Finally. once again, good luck to Muzza - let's hope he nails it SPOTY 2012 3768075377

Strawberry Jam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:30 pm

GSC wrote:It is a sizable lead though. Can't see Wiggo being reeled in anyway. Most medals for a Brit to boot iirc.
What does that mean sizeable lead - I mean isn't the voting done on the night? If Murray were to win the US Open that would be the first time a British male had won a tennis grand slam tournament since 1936, 76 years ago. Considering that there are four grand slam opportunities a year that means about 304 (take away the war years) tournaments . Still maybe Murray won't win tomorrow so the question might be mute.

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:48 pm

Personally, I think it'll be very close if Murray wins tomorrow.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:43 pm

djlovesyou wrote:11/10 is not really miles in front. It still means that there is more chance of him losing than there is winning.

I reckon Murray will have a very good chance if he wins tomorrow. His two Olympic medals along with his other performances give him a very good chance. Couple that with the very parochial Scottish voters and he could pull off a suprise.

Ennis and Mo could split the athletics vote and nobody else has any realistic chance. Although I appreciate Mo has won 2 medals and Ennis only 1, I don't really differentiate between their level of performance that much.

That said, my money would be on Wiggins. I think he will win and I think he deserves to win. (As do many others if it was a different year.)

But then wont SCHoy split the bikeylists votes/ theres a bunch of hardcore Froomages who wouldnt be able to bring themselves to vote for him too. Ennis' fat thighs were the main marketing image for the games, and Mo broke world records in over the top commentator superlatives.
I agree Murray is the dark horse, if he wins a major as well it will suddenly shoot him up and it never hurts to achieve later in the year closer to the vote. One things for sure, it will be a gold medallist who takes it.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:04 pm

Haha, not sure there are many 'hardcore Froomages'.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:03 am

Murray's bound to win it if he captures the US Open. The pleblic would say a tennis grand slam trumps the TDF.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by djkbrown2001 Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:15 am

I could vote. I would vote for MO or David Weir.

Lets look at it, their achievements are argurably greater than Wiggo and Muzza if he wins USO.

The TDF comes around every year. Muzza has 4 GS chances per year.

The olympics comes around every 4 years. Thats why it is so special , it takes years of preparation to be ready on peak form when it comes around the margin for error is so tiny and if you miss out , you dont know where you will be in 4 years.

Whislt there is always next year the TDF and always 4 GS next year.

I dont think John public sees it that way though.

Strange things have happened in the past Ryan Giggs anyone?

djkbrown2001

Back to top Go down

Post by djkbrown2001 Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:20 am

Even Ben's achievement , must not be overlooked. although i am not sure how many sailing fans are out there. So i dont think he will finish in the top 5.

Wiggo , Weir , Ennis and MO have developed a cult following. It should be close.

Can on vote more than once? Can you vote from overseas?

Bolt to get Overseas SPOTY. I cant see anyone comming close to him.

djkbrown2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:02 am

Ben's more of a lifetime achievement I feel. Yes, Olympic gold is special, but there were many other gold medallists, most of which won't get a look in.

Olympic years are always a bit different as they tend to overshadow the rest, but IMO Wiggins is the stand-out performer. He didn't only win the TdF, he also won Romandie, Paris-Nice and the Dauphine (all week-long stage races, the latter two very prestigious), he's unbeaten in long (non-prologue) ITTs, and won the Olympics of course. Arguably the best year by a British sportsman of all time.

Jess Ennis won the heptathlon and performed remarkably under huge pressure, but ultimately however hard fought it was it's only one gold medal. Mo's performance was exceptional though, he'd be second at the moment.

Murray if he wins the US Open would have had a remarkable year too, with Olympic gold and silver, a slam final and a slam, and that would put him into second place IMO.

Laura Trott anyone? No one's mentioned her but she's a world and Olympic champion in two events, part of a trio who has broken the world record an amazing six (I think) consecutive times.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:39 pm

Has to be Wiggins.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Rory McIlroy surely in contention.................won a Major, 3 other big wins (and possibly more to come) and the current CLEAR world No. 1

Not sure of the rules, but NI is included i believe..............

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Right now there's a holy trinity of Wiggins, Farah and Ennis, all of whom would be more than worthy winners. Murray, if he wins tonight, has just as valid a claim in my eyes, and it would be scary to think that, should he win, then one of those four won't even find themselves in the top three.

In terms of actual achievements, I believe that Farah has the best claim of all the Olympians. The 5,000m / 10,000m double is a feat that even the likes of Haile Gebreselassie and Kenenisa Bekele, probably the two greatest long-distance runners to ever grace the earth, haven't managed at the Olympics.

That said, Ennis arrived at the Olympics under absolutely huge pressure, and I think this should be taken in to consideration. As the 'Face of the Games' it was pretty much gold or nothing for her, and what's more, her field in the heptathlon was a strong one this year (for isntance, it was much better than the one in which Denise Lewis won Olympic gold in 2000, not to diminish Lewis' feat, of course). On top of that, Ennis broke her own British record. Farah's achievement is, rom the outset, more meritorious, but these perhaps weren't the best fields assembled in recent times for the 10,000m and 5,000m.

I'd also like to see Ennis make up for 2009, when she should have walked it, only for Ryan Giggs to somehow get his hands on the award in what was, quite frankly, a disgrace which made a mockery of the award.

Can't say I know a great deal about cycling, but needless to say, Wiggins hwne tfrom doing something no Brit had ever done to adding an Olympic gold - and a dominant one at that - within a span of a few days. Remarkable. Could anyone who is in the know on cycling tell me what kind of field Wiggins was competing in? Is it a golden era for his disciplines, or a more serviceable one?

Right now, gun to my head, I'd have a 1-2-3 of Ennis, Farah and Wiggins. If Murray wins tonight, then he'd perhaps get promoted to my 'bronze medal' position, if only for the reason that I'm much more in the know on athletics and tennis than I am on cycling.

I honestly think that the margins between Ennis Farah and Wiggins are wafer-thin. Surely, whichever of them won it, nobody would have any real complaints?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:36 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

Can't say I know a great deal about cycling, but needless to say, Wiggins hwne tfrom doing something no Brit had ever done to adding an Olympic gold - and a dominant one at that - within a span of a few days. Remarkable. Could anyone who is in the know on cycling tell me what kind of field Wiggins was competing in? Is it a golden era for his disciplines, or a more serviceable one?

Can't say it was a particularly strong field this year in the TdF, his strongest challengers were either banned (Contador) or injured (Schleck, who probably wouldn't have got near winning anyway) and the course was pretty much set up for Wiggins with lots of ITT where he the best in the world, as proved with his Olympic gold, and not many mountain top finishes where he would have struggled against the more natural climbers. It is also worth mentioning he had easily the strongest team in the field, as seen with Froome finishing second. However, it is still a huge achievement to become the first Brit to win it, and as MFC mentioned early he has won a lot of other races this year which whilst none but the hardcore fan will know about, are still fabulous achievements. I would say Wiggins is my preference to win it.

Would Ennis even be being considered as a potential winner if it were not for the fact she was the poster girl of the games? I am not sure. She did perform under huge pressure, and you can only laud praise on her for that, but I feel from the athletes Farah has a stronger claim which is no slight on her. And I do agree she was robbed by Giggs in 09, and that is coming from a Welshman.

Murray if he wins the US Open has a good shout, but he would probably needed to have won Wimbledon to mount a serious challenge against all the Olympians. Although winning the Olympic gold medal at SW19 was an iconic moment and could stick in people's minds and the Scottish group vote could come in handy! And speaking of Ennis being robbed in 09, spare a though for Murray. Rusedski won SPOTY in 97 for reaching the US Open final. And Murray probably won't make the top 3, even with a GS title, an Olympic gold, and Olympic silver and a Wimbledon final. Amazing.

Farah is the closest to Wiggo for me. The double gold if something even the great distance runners have struggled to complete and it is an awesome achievement. I am a bigger cycling fan than athletics, so I would go Wiggo but it is wafer thin between those two for me, with Ennis a touch behind and then with Murray being the most unlucky fourth place finisher ever.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:39 pm

Just to add, it is fantastic that all four "main" candidates actually have a personality this year and I wouldn't be ashamed to see any of them take the title.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:12 pm

Guys,

Why everyone forgetting Rory McIlroy???

Jessica Ennis is good and all, but in a very niche sport........McIlroy has won a Major, 3 other huge events and has cemented the World No. 1 Sport in a World Sport.

Heptathlon.........really??? It's just too limited a sport.................

If there is a contender solely from Olympics, then only Mo Farah, seeing as he won 2 events (major events, not one of the less important ones like Judo etc).........Wiggins and Murray definately contenders...............

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:32 pm

I don't think McIlroy will be in the running this year, for a few perfectly valid reasons.

Niche or not, the Olympic events only come around in their grandest scale once very four years - it's only natural and, dare I say, right that they are afforded extra focus when someone truly excels in them.

Moreover, the likes of Wiggins and Farah have helped to breach new boundaries for British sport in their own sectors. I'm not sure you could say the same for McIlroy. We've never had a Tour de France winner before, and nor have we hd a domination of the long-distancetrack events, hitherto shared out between the Kenyans and Ethiopians to a large degree. In the grand scheme of things, what McIlroy has done just isn't unique amongst Brits for the modern era; Lyle, Faldo, Woosnam etc. British golfers winning Majors in the past twenty-odd years hasn't been unusual, whereas what Farah and Wiggins have done has been unusual in the extreme. For that same reason, I believe that Murray certainly deserves to leapfrog McIlroy in the running should he win tonight, too.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:48 pm

Judging from the volume of cheering for each float out on the Strand just now the public will have a tough time choosing between champions

Spoiler:

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:53 pm

88 Chris,

I understand your sentiments, but the SPOTY should be about ALL Sports and McIlroy has (more so that ANY british golfer ever has, Faldo included) cemented himself this year as THE best golfer in the world.........

Wiggins and Murray are surely worthy contenders, but not Jess Ennis IMO.

As for Mo Farah, he is also, of course, IMO a big contendor after his remarkable achievements, although your point about him breaching "new boundaries for British Sport" with him eclipsing the Kenyans & Ethiopians is a bit OTT...........first & foremost, his African DNA is the major building block behind his ability at these distances. If a white man had won the 5k 10k double then that would have been truly extraordinary.........

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:11 pm

I think it has to be Wiggins, because his feats were just unbelievable. Yes the course suited him, and the field was a little weaker due to no Contador (Schleck wouldnt have been near Wiggins on this course) but how often is the whole country talking about cycling? Never. The final stage on the Champs Elysees being shown on ITV 1, Wiggins has made the sport more mainstream. Not only was he the first brit to win the TDF in 100 years, he was also the only brit to finish in the Top 3 (Frooome as well of course this year)

Add onto that another gold medal, I cant see how it wont be him. Also he is a good character, cracks jokes, not afraid to speak his mind, which endears him to the public even more IMO
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:11 pm

Not particularly OTT, I don't think. I understand where you're coming from, but the fact of the matter is he's learned his trade in Britain and won those medals under the flag of the Union Jack - it was a British moment in sport which we've not experienced before. I didn't mean to indicate that his winning this year will end the dominance of Kenya and Ehiopia, because it won't. But he's put an impressive dent in it all the same. As a sidenote, great long distance runners being caucasian isn't unheard of - Emil Zatopek, Pavo Nuurmi, Paula Radcliffe, Lasse Viren etc. I believe that distance running is a more competitive sport than some would have us believe, although I'd certainly take on board your points regarding golf being one of THE most established of sports as well, mate.

To be honest, even if McIlroy did surprise everyone and nick it, I wouldn't take too great an umbrage with it. There are four or five names as it stands who all have good claims - it makes a refreshing change for it to be so wide open.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:25 pm

John Cregan

McIlroy's been unlucky that his acheivements over the last few weeks have been over-shadowed by London 2012. In another year he'd certainly be a strong candidate for SPOTY, but this year winning the least important Major and taking over from another Brit as #1 doesn't make much more than a ripple in the media. Still, can't feel too sorry for someone that punches so far above their weight in the girlfriend stakes

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:29 pm

Murray will win unless he's still held to account for his anti-England football jibes years ago.. The pleblic has a short memory so vote for the stuff that's closer to the SPOTY award. Calzaghe won it in 2007 on the basis that his undisputed champ title was won in November - perfect timing.

If Murray wins USO then it'll be the last major victory the public will remember. It'll basically between him and Wiggins if he wins.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:36 pm

If Murray wins US Open, IT WILL be wide open............as things stand, it's between Wiggins & Farah...............the fact that Wiggins is associated with the Olympics AND the Tour de France might swing it for him..........given that it's a public vote............

Of course this is a public vote so McIlroy will get a lot of NI votes but won't be enough to beat Wiggins/Farah/Murray

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:38 pm

dummy_half wrote:John Cregan

McIlroy's been unlucky that his acheivements over the last few weeks have been over-shadowed by London 2012. In another year he'd certainly be a strong candidate for SPOTY, but this year winning the least important Major and taking over from another Brit as #1 doesn't make much more than a ripple in the media. Still, can't feel too sorry for someone that punches so far above their weight in the girlfriend stakes

Very Happy Reminds me of what Peter Crouch answered when asked what he would be if he wasn't a footballer....he answered "a virgin"............

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:01 pm

JC

Definitely my favourite football quote since Gordon Strachan was manager at Coventry and when asked after a heavy defeat in what area where the opposition better, he pointed down the tunnel and said 'the big green one out there'.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:01 pm

I think it could be argued that the Heptathlon is a sort of jack(ie) of all trades type of event ... How did she become the poster child of this Olympics?

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:02 pm

Nore Staat wrote:I think it could be argued that the Heptathlon is a sort of jack(ie) of all trades type of event ... How did she become the poster child of this Olympics?

Have you seen Jessica Ennis? #ass
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:09 pm

Olly wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:I think it could be argued that the Heptathlon is a sort of jack(ie) of all trades type of event ... How did she become the poster child of this Olympics?

As in ... ??
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:10 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
Olly wrote:

As in ... ??
Spoiler:

That is exactly why she was the poster child. Half of the population will tune in just to see that
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:23 pm

Sports Personality of the Rear?

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:34 pm

Apparently she's quite good looking and we live in a shallow world.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:09 pm

Who SHOULD win it? Mo or Wiggins. Who WILL win it? Ennis.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Ennis won't win it. Wiggins will win it with Mo second, and Murray/Ennis third depending on how Murray does tonight
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Gordy wrote:Who SHOULD win it? Mo or Wiggins. Who WILL win it? Ennis.

You ought to get some money on. You can get around 16/1 on an Ennis win with Betfair. That to me is a pretty strong indication that she's unlikely to win.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:35 pm

We have seen in the past that the SPotY vote has gone for people like McCoy with more substance and less media attention though.

When you break it down, Ennis' case based on what she achieved this year doesn't really compete with Wiggins/Murray should he win.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:40 am

Murray? shoots right back into contention now, I bet the odds will have changed significantly.

actually McIlroy is a decent shout too, he's had a seriously impressive year, but I'm not sure his achievements have quite touched the public the way the others have.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by djkbrown2001 Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:54 am

Murray is up there now with his epic win.

Well done son. Long overdue.

I cant split: MO/MUZZA/Wiggo.

Should be close. Or there might be an English backlasg against murray, People will remember his anybody but England jibe.

As DJ said Ennis is 16/1. I think I will wager a tenner on that.

It would be interesting to see murray price today.

Very good price for the poster girl.

djkbrown2001

Back to top Go down

Post by djkbrown2001 Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:56 am

The greatest summer for British sport ever. Cant count WC 66 ( that was only England).

djkbrown2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Jam Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:14 am

Well done Muzza clap thumbsup OK Yahoo king

Wonder if that's tipped the balance in favour of the tennis player over the cyclist?!

Strawberry Jam

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawberry Jam Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:20 am

Order of Personal favourites:

Mo ( I'm an athletics fan after all )
Muzza ( close 2nd )
Wiggins ( close 3rd )

Probable finishing order:

Wiggins / Muzza
Mo

Quite a remarkable year for British sport OK

Strawberry Jam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:18 am

Wiggins has lengthened slightly to 6/5
Murray now #2 at just under 3s
Farah 3rd at 3/1.

The first brit to win TDF looks like its just going to make the edge.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next