Videogame f*** ups

Go down

Videogame f*** ups Empty Videogame f*** ups

Post by President Trump on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 2:50 pm

Recently I bought Heavy Rain, I played the first few chapters to get a feel for it and found it quite slow and depressing so I went back to FIFA 12, anyway last week I had some hours to kill so I stuck on HR again and continued from where I left off and a good 4 hours of playing it and getting fully into the storyline I decided to head to bed little did I know that in my haste to play it again I never chose the auto save option and the last 4 hours of slow gameplay where for nothing, let’s just say I screamed a few choice words at the PS3 (well you have to blame someone) and trudged up to bed in a huff much to the amusement of the missus.

I know this has been done by me and friends in the past, as well as in the middle of playing Final Fantasy 7 my power going out and other similar situations, so share you stories of woe even just to make me feel a little less thick Very Happy

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Videogame f*** ups Empty Re: Videogame f*** ups

Post by Crimey on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 2:55 pm

Batman Arkham Asylum is the worst one, it can be saving without you realising, you turn the console off, the save is completely corrupted and you have to start again as you can't make multiple saves. The whole game as gone.

It's ridiculous. Twice I've played over half the game only for it to do this.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 2:59 pm

that did not happen to me crimey mate lol

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 3:01 pm

Nor me!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 3:01 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:that did not happen to me crimey mate lol

Okay, congratulations.

I know it's not just me as it was a common complaint from people who played the game.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 3:07 pm

I had the same thing with F1 2010, Crimey.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 3:12 pm

Fair enough, you're not supposed to turn off while the game is saving, but Batman: AA doesn't even let you make multiple saves, it just automatically saves over the last one. It has put me off buying Arkham City as I can't see whether the problem exists with that game as well, it drove me crazy when it happened the two times with Arkham Asylum.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 3:31 pm

I had no problem with saving games in Arkham City

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 3:43 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:Recently I bought Heavy Rain, I played the first few chapters to get a feel for it and found it quite slow and depressing so I went back to FIFA 12, anyway last week I had some hours to kill so I stuck on HR again and continued from where I left off and a good 4 hours of playing it and getting fully into the storyline I decided to head to bed little did I know that in my haste to play it again I never chose the auto save option and the last 4 hours of slow gameplay where for nothing, let’s just say I screamed a few choice words at the PS3 (well you have to blame someone) and trudged up to bed in a huff much to the amusement of the missus.

I know this has been done by me and friends in the past, as well as in the middle of playing Final Fantasy 7 my power going out and other similar situations, so share you stories of woe even just to make me feel a little less thick Very Happy

Similar, but it was middle of saving FFVII when the power went out and corrupted my save. Thankfully i was only about half way through disc one, but since then I have always runa a double save on RPGs, where I save to one file, and then next time a second. then over wirte the first the following time etc.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulHv2 on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 4:08 pm

Crimey wrote:Fair enough, you're not supposed to turn off while the game is saving, but Batman: AA doesn't even let you make multiple saves, it just automatically saves over the last one. It has put me off buying Arkham City as I can't see whether the problem exists with that game as well, it drove me crazy when it happened the two times with Arkham Asylum.

I've recently played through both games again and there is a symbol on the bottom right hand corner when it's saving which is hardly discreet Laugh
PaulHv2
PaulHv2
Admin
Admin

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 4:14 pm

hampo171 wrote:
Crimey wrote:Fair enough, you're not supposed to turn off while the game is saving, but Batman: AA doesn't even let you make multiple saves, it just automatically saves over the last one. It has put me off buying Arkham City as I can't see whether the problem exists with that game as well, it drove me crazy when it happened the two times with Arkham Asylum.

I've recently played through both games again and there is a symbol on the bottom right hand corner when it's saving which is hardly discreet Laugh

Crimey is partially sighted, Hampo! OK

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 4:20 pm

hampo171 wrote:

Yeah, I know it does, but sometimes you won't notice it if you've already gone to the dashboard to turn it off.

The point is more that it shouldn't make you have just one save, which overwrites every time, if it had multiple saves you would be able to use the one you'd made earlier before. Even if that was an hour before in gameplay, it's better than having to start again!

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 4:49 pm

Fallout was infuriating for that. I'd progress a good few hours forgetting to save along the way and then some huge super mutant or scorpion would kill me leaving me in a foul mood and not wanting to play the game any more.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey on Tue 11 Sep 2012, 4:59 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Fallout was infuriating for that. I'd progress a good few hours forgetting to save along the way and then some huge super mutant or scorpion would kill me leaving me in a foul mood and not wanting to play the game any more.

I quickly learned to save every few minutes. Laugh

On Skyrim which has the same issue, I think I've saved over 200 times, might be more, I can't remember since I haven't played it in a while.

It was incredibly frustrating when it did happen, but I could forgive it for being such an amazing game in every other way.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich on Tue 18 Sep 2012, 11:19 am

Crimey wrote:Batman Arkham Asylum is the worst one, it can be saving without you realising, you turn the console off, the save is completely corrupted and you have to start again as you can't make multiple saves. The whole game as gone.

It's ridiculous. Twice I've played over half the game only for it to do this.

i did exactly the same but on city, about 15 hours worth of play out the window (most of it fannying about getting all the riddlers clues)

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 on Sat 22 Sep 2012, 10:39 am

Dicey Reilly wrote:I know this has been done by me and friends in the past, as well as in the middle of playing Final Fantasy 7 my power going out and other similar situations, so share you stories of woe even just to make me feel a little less thick Very Happy

Final Fantasy 7, first game I got on ps1. Must have been around 90% through the game(took me ages, had school to interfere). Was playing fifa one day and when saving a tournament it told me i needed to format the memory card in order to save, so I did Doh . Lost FF7 game, totally devastated. Probably go so far as to say it was the worst day of my life up to that point(I was pretty young). Tried to start again but when cloud takes off 7 or something with an attack its hard to take having been able to kick arse.

p.s I quite liked Heavy Rain, it wasnt great but feel when/if they improve on it for future games I think they could be brilliant.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott on Sat 22 Sep 2012, 11:29 am

The guy that made Heavy Rain David Cage is making another game called Beyond Two Souls, Ellen Page from Hard Candy and Inception is in it

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum