The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy

+6
ScarletSpiderman
rikwebb
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
McLaren
Madrox
LondonJonnyO
10 posters

Go down

Final Fantasy Empty Final Fantasy

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:56 pm

A few posts on here have me thinking. I enjoyed the old Final Fantasy on the PS2 (I think it was 7)... have there been any good ones since then? I have a Wii and would like to play a good rpg on there if it were possible.

LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy Empty Re: Final Fantasy

Post by Madrox Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:32 pm

Were a couple of Final Fantasy's on the PS2, X, X-2 and XII. VII was on the PSX. I'm not completely certain but I don't think there are any Final Fantasy games out on the Wii, would be nice yet don't think it could handle the immense graphics from the newer games.

Madrox

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:38 pm

There are a few out but the reviews seem to suggest it's more about the graphics instead of the gameplay.

Incidentally I've not found the graphics on the Wii that bad. Goldeneye is pretty good... As is the force unlimited (1 and 2)
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:57 pm

Chrystal Chronicles is on the Wii.

http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/rpg/finalfantasycrystalchronicles/index.html

VII, VIII, IX & X are still the stand out games of the entire series in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:21 pm

VII was the only one I really played. I did have a copy around somewhere. Might be time to dust off the PS2 and get that going again. thumbsup
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:33 pm

Jonny, for the ultimate FFVII experience you have to dust off the old PS1! thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:39 pm

Dust off or drag out of the mouldy box and put it back together after I wanted to 'find out what made it work' :lol:
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:45 pm

Ha, funnily enough I have a very broken machine in some lonely drawer too! Juvenile intrigue is to blame! thumbsup

How many hours of your life have you 'wasted' (that's what the [then] 'grown ups' used to say - though it appears you're a little older than I) on FFVII Jonny?

I honestly think, without exaggeration I have clocked about 800 hours on that game. Replay after replay after replay spanning over 14 years since it's birth.

"Gotta get me that damn KoTR materia, and that Golden Chocobo! Gotta stat max! 255 DAMNIT!"

If only I'd put my level of enthusiasm into something that would have returned a productive career opportunity.

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:49 pm

Not sure to be honest. I never really finished it due to a dodgy cd in the end if memory serves. Besides. That's only really something I do when there is sod all else going on.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:52 pm

You basically just called me a loser for spending too much time of my life on Final Fantasy games!

THANKS.

:lol:

You're not a true fan bro, not a true fan. :606laugh:

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:57 pm

nah. over the years many many hours have been lost to video games... just that something else usually took up more. Ice Hockey, flying lessons, crashing stuff. All the other things that make life painful when you get older.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:15 pm

What were peoples records for game time on a final fantasy game. I am pretty sure I logged couple of hundred on final fantasy 10 on the Ps2. Trying to kill those damn dark aeons; Yojimbo, Anima and the Magus Sisters???. I think ff10 could be my favourite although chocobo racing in ff7 is hard to beat.

Just looked it up the dark aeons were more than just those three, ah just think if i had spent those hours on the course i might be on tour. Good memories though.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:41 am

So this crystal chronicles thing. Any good?

Or is there a better rpg on the wii?
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:12 am

Take a look on Metacritic <--- click.

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:00 am

is there a Dragon Quest on Wii. Its very similar to the PSone's Final Fantasy, but favours Nintendo releases. Dragon Quest - curse of the sacred king for PS2 was one of the best games I've played. A highly reccomended series (the new DS one is supposed to be the best game on DS!)

7,8 and 9 are definitely the best - with 7 far out in front of anything else ever made. 10 is also very good. Annd I'm currently enjoying 13 (clocking up 90 hours so far)

Back to top Go down

Post by rikwebb Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:12 pm

I'd hate to work out how many hours of my life i've spent playing Final Fantasy games. Currentley replaying 9 and i've just bought Origins on the PS1.

rikwebb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:02 pm

Electric Demon wrote:...I'm currently enjoying 13 (clocking up 90 hours so far)

ED - XIII! Perhaps the most annoyingly addictive yet poor game of the entire series. (I clocked a whole lot of hours too - it only gets good at the point where you have been released from the linear nonsense of it all).

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:47 am

30 hours to get to Pulse - then it become brilliant Smile its a long time to wait.

It is very addictive - though I don't know why. I haven't completed the story yet, still wandering around Pulse trying to beat all the L'Cie missions.

Anyone played 12? I'm thinking about buying it and playing it because I missed it for some reason?? Any good?

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:43 am

XII is pretty good to be honest, however it takes a while to get used to the battles, as they occur in real time, as opposed to turn based like normal, and also an enemy can just walk up and start giving you a kicking before you even notice it was there. That said the story is decent.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Groves is my dad Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:10 pm

You dont need to dig out the PS 1 as FF 7 is on the PSN network to download (I think i am about 30 hours in)

They may have 8 and 9 aswell i am not sure

Perry Groves is my dad

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:24 am

Yeah 7,8, and 9 are on PSN for about £7.99 i think
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:32 am

In terms of script FFXII is my favourite, its got a superb shakespearean theme to it and the game will go down as the most underrated in the series. The game really exhausts the PS2, and although its world is huge the games had to really condense the visuals and the sound to a rather poor standard. Well worth playing though, its a better RPG than FFXIII in my opinion.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:40 am

I've been a big fan of this franchise for quite some time now, FF7 was superb and I really enjoyed FF10 on PS2, thought it was a great game.

However, the newest title, FF13 was awful. There were some really irritating characters in a story that I just couldn't get into. Also, I felt like the game just hasn't evolved like other have.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramxel Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:40 am

FFVII was the nuts pure and simple, remember the epic battles with ultima weapons and spending hours snowboarding to get omni-slash.

I remember having so much expectation with FFVIII and was sorely let down -- done and dusted in under a week Sad Didn't touch FF after that!

Kramxel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down