The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Halsey makes complaint to police over twitter abuse from Liverpool fans

+9
Ent
Lumbering_Jack
dublfcynwa
Kay Fabe
dummy_half
liverbnz
Stella
Mike Selig
GSC
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mark Halsey makes complaint to police over twitter abuse from Liverpool fans - Page 2 Empty Mark Halsey makes complaint to police over twitter abuse from Liverpool fans

Post by GSC Mon 24 Sep 2012, 5:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19703504

Dunno why you'd have twitter as referee, but still. Usual idiots making comments behind a computer screen.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Mark Halsey makes complaint to police over twitter abuse from Liverpool fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Halsey makes complaint to police over twitter abuse from Liverpool fans

Post by hampo17 Wed 26 Sep 2012, 12:58 pm

Pace was probably the wrong word, but with the way the knees colided he was always going to lose his balance and go down, their was actually more contact in the Suarez incident than the Valenica one but Suarez dived and Valenica didn't.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mark Halsey makes complaint to police over twitter abuse from Liverpool fans - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Halsey makes complaint to police over twitter abuse from Liverpool fans

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 26 Sep 2012, 12:58 pm

Stella wrote:As soon as contact is made then it could be a pen. You nudge a player in the back in the penalty area then it will be a pen. This nudge will not make you fall over but it doesn't matter.

Of course it matters. How are you meant to tackle someone with out contact. Being nudged is not a pen.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 26 Sep 2012, 12:59 pm

Contact like that was always going to affect him though, football is not a game where you're allowed to use contact to stop a player from scoring, that's against the rules and is a foul. Those who think differently just don't know the rules.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 26 Sep 2012, 12:59 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
Stella wrote:As soon as contact is made then it could be a pen. You nudge a player in the back in the penalty area then it will be a pen. This nudge will not make you fall over but it doesn't matter.

Of course it matters. How are you meant to tackle someone with out contact. Being nudged is not a pen.

If you make contact with a player before the ball, I mean.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 26 Sep 2012, 12:59 pm

You can actually see the contact in this image, but keep saying there was no contact.

Spoiler:

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 26 Sep 2012, 12:59 pm

hampo171 wrote:Pace was probably the wrong word, but with the way the knees colided he was always going to lose his balance and go down, their was actually more contact in the Suarez incident than the Valenica one but Suarez dived and Valenica didn't.

Valencia dived too. Both cheats, but Valencia is not really known for cheating like Suarez so was given a pen. Both would be banned for 2 games under my regime.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 26 Sep 2012, 1:00 pm

Stella wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Again, making contact with a player before the ball does not make it a pen. Otherwise we would see one everytime a corner kick it taken.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 26 Sep 2012, 1:02 pm

Ive seen the video and have made my own judgement on the incident. I think Suarez dived, as does pretty much everyone else who isn't a Liverpool fan.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 26 Sep 2012, 1:02 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
hampo171 wrote:Pace was probably the wrong word, but with the way the knees colided he was always going to lose his balance and go down, their was actually more contact in the Suarez incident than the Valenica one but Suarez dived and Valenica didn't.

Valencia dived too. Both cheats, but Valencia is not really known for cheating like Suarez so was given a pen. Both would be banned for 2 games under my regime.

Which shows the problem with your regime totally as both had grounds to go down. They both had contact enough to affect them as they were about to shoot/score.

I think some people just need to understand that the game has moved on, and that there is a world of difference between exaggerating contact and diving. It is almost impossible to get a free kick/penalty without going to the ground these days, because referees assume if the player stayed on their feet, then there wasn't a foul. Hence players will now go down even if it wasn't necessary, but there was still a foul to ensure the penalty. You might not like it, but I think you've just got to get used to it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 26 Sep 2012, 1:03 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
Stella wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Again, making contact with a player before the ball does not make it a pen. Otherwise we would see one everytime a corner kick it taken.

It is. maybe you're being pedantic or i'm not explaining myself very well. If you make a tackle but make contact with a player before the ball and the player goes down (like Suarez) then it's a pen/free-kick. Or should be.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 26 Sep 2012, 1:07 pm

Needless to say Stella, I totally disagree... That is what forums are for though...

Crimey - I dont think either had grounds to go down. The minimal contact made would not prevent either man carrying on with what they were doing.

One only has to watch local Sunday league football to see how refs deal with this type of player. Totally ignore it (although I wish they would book them more).

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Fri 28 Sep 2012, 11:14 am

Kay Fabe wrote:
dublfcynwa wrote:He cheated Liverpool out of the game, him and PC Plod Howard Webb are both cheating corrupt scum.

You're really covering yourself in glory on here aren't you

Whats wrong mopey? I seriously think Mark Halsey is complete scum for blatantly cheating my team out of a game. Something has to said/done about how poor the refs and the fa are, did you see Mulumbus tackle on Henderson the other night in the COC cup? Where was the straight red for that? A lot worse than Shelveys ball winning tackle on Evans who went in with two feet off the ground and didnt even get booked. Bacon face ferguson will claim they even themselves out but they dont, the only thing thats even is the flow of points United get handed to them very season by corrupt scumbag refs. There needs to be an investigation.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2