The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TNA Results 27.9.12

+2
talkingpoint
Fernando
6 posters

Go down

TNA Results 27.9.12 Empty TNA Results 27.9.12

Post by Fernando Fri 28 Sep 2012, 11:13 am

Following a recap video of the past few weeks, Mike Tenay welcomes us to Impact Wrestling and puts over Gut Check, the TV title being up for grabs, and World Heavyweight Champion Austin Aries teaming up with his Bound for Glory opponent Jeff Hardy, later on tonight.

Hulk Hogan's music and he makes way down to the ring, stopping to play air guitar on his black baseball bat. He calls tonight a "turning point" and puts over Bound for Glory in just three weeks! Hogan says he's been distracted by Aces & Eights, but he's got to get down to business and talks up the TV title match tonight, and claims that he wants Devon back in TNA as soon as possible. He then moves on to James Storm and Bobby Roode, and books them in a Street Fight, with the debuting King Mo as the special enforcer!

Hogan finally brings the discussion back to Aces & Eights, and says that even if he's got to go to their "club house" alone tonight, he's going in for a fight. Hogan is cut off by Sting's music, and the Icon is back in the Impact Zone! Sting tells Hogan he's got his back tonight against Aces & Eights.

Commercial break.

Kurt Angle vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Chavo Guerrero

Daniels tries to start the match by leaving the ring, but Chavo and Angle bring him right back into the ring the hard way. The two faces take turns working him over in the corner, first with strikes, but eventually the mudhole stomping begins. Angle goes for a big splash in the corner, but Daniels moves out of the way and sending him crashing shoulder first into the steel post. Chavo levels Daniels witha big clotheline and heads out of the ring to mix it up with AJ Styles, who is waiting on the outside. All six men (Styles, Hernandez & Kaz were waiting outside) get in the ring and things threaten to break down as we head to another commercial break.

Commercial

We come back with Daniels taking it to Chavo, but his advantage doesn't last long as Guerrero counters with a big standing headscissors, followed by an Angle Slam by Kurt! Angle goes for the pin, but Chavo tries to steal it from behind with a roll-up. The two faces argue and come to blows, but Daniels foolishly breaks it up and sends Angle outside the ring. The distraction allows Chavo to hit the Three Amigos on Daniels, after which he heads up to the top for the Frog Splash, but Angle runs back in and slaps the Ankle Lock on Daniels before he can jump. The faces argue again, as Angle pleads "what do you want me to do? I'm just trying to win!" While they're bickering Daniels sneaks back in and steals the victory with a quick pin.

Winner: Christopher Daniels

Backstage: The four TV Title contenders are backstage with Hulk Hogan who is trying to decide who moves on to fight for the belt later tonight. Samoa Joe says that none of those guys have what it takes to be a Champion in TNA. Garrett claims he's been kicking his ass every week trying to make it in profession wrestling; Anderson just wants to fight somebody. Hulk ends up eliminating Magnus to seperate him from the drama he has with Samoa Joe, and The Brit is obviously not happy about it.

Backstage: Tara is seen backstage talking to "her Hollywood boyfriend", and Brooke Hogan says she doesn't just get a title match, but that she's got to get in line and earn it. Tara tells her boyfriend that "somebody" doesn't respect her, and needs to learn who the dominant female is in the locker room. Brooke takes the phone and tells the "boyfriend" that Tara's match is next, and walks off with the phone.

Commercial

Tara vs. ODB (w/ Eric Young)

Tara makes her way down first, followed by ODB who gets a decent pop as she's accompanied by Eric Young! Young tries to lock up with the Knockout's ref Taryn before the match, but does a cartwheel instead, and runs right into the lock-up.

ODB brings Tara into the ring over the top rope and goes right to work, taking her opponent corner to corner and beating her down until she bails fromt he ring. The ref reaches a count of 7, but ODB goes to the outside and continues her assault. Tara tries to take a break and offer her hand to shake, but ODB grabs her by the hair and doesn't let up. Tara spill to the outside yet again, holding her knee and looking injured. Eric Young looks concerned, but ODB doesn't care and continues the attack on the floor. She throws her injured opponent into the ring and has words with Young; something about keeping his pants on. Tara takes off her knee brace and feigns injury, until ODB turns her back and gets caught in the quick roll-up for a 3-count.

Winner: Tara

Tenay puts Tara over as the new, official contender to the Knockouts title at Bound for Glory, followed by a Gut Check video package.

Backstage: Al Snow is getting reamed for attacking Joey Ryan on Gut Check. He says it won't happen again, and Taz walks in to discuss the next Gut Check star, the 18-year-old Evan Markopolous. Taz says he was impressed by the young guy, but Al questions whether or not he has the ability to take on the stress of being a pro wrestler at such a young age. They say they'll have their decision by next week.

Backstage: Hulk Hogan is with the three remaining TV title contenders. Garrett is saying he can hang with the other two, but they're not convinced. Hogan says that Bischoff has been on a role in TNA since joining up as a wrestler, but tonight just isn't his night. He tells Samoa Joe and Ken Anderson that he wants to see a war out there, and the best damn TV Champion he's ever seen standing tall at the end of the night. Apparently that match is next!

Commercial

Backstage: Bobby Roode comes into Aries' dressing room, and says that he's got a problem with Aries, but he wants to be civil and have a conversation. He says that he's going to be tagging with Bully Ray tonight against Jeff Hardy and Austin Aries. He tells Aries that he's faced Hardy and beaten him several times, but he's never been able to beat the Champ. He puts Aries over as the "better man" and continues trying to get in his ear, so to speak.

TNA World TV Championship
Samoa Joe vs. Ken Anderson

Anderson tires to trade blows with Joe, but fails and gets taken down right away. The two circle each other and lock up, with Joe forcing his opponent back into the corner. Joe lands right jabs until Earl Hebner forces him to break it up. Joe sends Anderson into the opposite corner and hits his splash/pele combo for a two-count.

Anderson ducks a kick from Joe and rolls him up, but barely gets a one count; the momentum has shifted and suddenly the "bumhole" in in control with a spinning neckbreaker (the style that Punk uses in all his matches). Joe picks himself up in the corner and kicks Anderson in the jaw, but Anderson manages to stay on top with a standing clothesline. He tries for the Mic Check, but Joe reverses into the rear naked choke and takes them both the mat! He hooks the legs as the crowd gets into things with a dualing "let's go bumhole, let's go Joe!" chant. Anderson manages to get to his knees and crawls just out of range of the ropes, as Joe brings him back to the center of the ring. Anderson loses life and Hebner calls for the bell, crowning a new TV Champion via submission!

**Weird note: the belt isn't the TNA TV Title. At least not the one Devon carried. It looked to me like the old TNA World Championship that Hulk Hogan got rid of last year.

Winner and New TNA World TV Champion: Samoa Joe

Backstage: Sting and Hogan are backstage signing paperwork when they get attacked by the Aces & Eights. Looks to be about five or six guys beat them down and throw them into a white unmarked vehicle.

Borash introduces Evan Markopolous and the judges are already in the ring. He says that he didn't do well last week, because he lost, but he got his ass kicked and showed up this week anyways. Taz says that he was impressed last week, and that while he has a lot to learn he wants that learning to happen under the TNA brand. Taz's answer is yes! Bruce Prichard puts him over and says he has a great future ahead of him...but says no. Clearly, for the sake of it coming down to Al Snow. Evan gets to "kick out", and cuts a promo about doing whatever it takes and getting his ass kicked for as long as it takes until he comes out on top. Snow puts Evan over for a solid minute as the crowd is really behind the kid...and then says "no."

Commercial

Hulk Hogan and Sting are in the Aces & Eights "club house" locked up talking to the leader, who is turned around and you can't see his face. They bring out Joseph Park who is strapped to a table, and says they are all free to go...eventually. The leader says at Bound for Glory he wants two of Hogan's guys to fight two of their guys. Hogan volunteers and the leader says "for the first time in your adult life, it's not about you". They also say that if they win, they get "full access"...whatever that means. Hogan makes the deal, but it appears Aces & Eights are hanging on to Joseph Parks until after the match at Bound for Glory.

Commercial

Backstage: James Storm cuts a promo, putting King Mo over as "one of the best MMA fighters of all time", but says all he needs from him at Bound for Glory is to stay the hell out of his way.

Bobby Roode & Bully Ray vs. Jeff Hardy & Austin Aries

Aries and Bobby Roode kick things off, but eventually all hell breaks loose and the faces clear the ring. They pose in the corner and taunt the heels as we go to our final commercial break.

Commercial

Bobby Roode is picking apart Jeff Hardy as we come back. The crowd is chanting for the "charismatic enigma" as Roode bullies rer Brian Hebner. Roode continues to be cocky, but Hardy hits the Twist of Fate out of nowhere and gets the tag to the World Champion! Roode also gets Bully tagged in and the two go at it. Roode drags Aries to the outside and throws him shoulder first into the steel steps. Bully Ray just stands in the ring and soaks in the hatred of the Impact Zone as Roode works over Aries and sends him back into the ring.

Bully tags in Roode, having done very little, and the former Champ hits a backbreaker and continues the verbal beatdown the heels have been delivering throughout the match. Bully back in now as he goes up top and brings his fists down on the back of Aries. The Champ finds himself locked in the Bear Hug, but literally bites his way out of it and drops Bully with a standing dropkick. Hardy wants the tag but Aries stares him down and decides not to let him in. Instead he goes to work on Roode, who is now the legal man but ends getting taken down.

Bully comes in for the double team, but Aries ducks out of the way of a big clothesline, sending Bully crashing into his tag team partner. Aries hits the Brainbuster, but Jeff Hardy tags himself in blind and hits the Swanton Bomb for the three count, as Bully Ray attacks Aries on the outside.

Winner: Jeff Hardy & Austin Aries

Following the match Aries stares down Hardy with the belt, and looks peed that his spotlight was stolen.

Backstage: Hogan and Sting are let loose backstage, and they're reminded that Aces & Eights still have Joseph Parks at their "club house". Hogan tells Sting to untie him as Sting says he's coming to Bound for Glory, and he's going to bring somebody with him, as Impact goes off the air.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

TNA Results 27.9.12 Empty Re: TNA Results 27.9.12

Post by talkingpoint Fri 28 Sep 2012, 1:31 pm

have not seen the episode yet so will with hold judgement on the show but here are some initial impressions from the results:

1. Bobby Roode v James Storm w/special referee King Mo - I am really happy this match has been finally confirmed. I loved their Lock Down title match and Storm has really grown on me as a character just recently. I'm not sure how I feel about the special guest referee or even the stipulation. I'm sure it will be a slow burner of a match that should produce some good spots. I'm hoping for a Storm win.

2. Aces & 8s demand for a match at BFG - this match has a lot of potential. I actually quite like the stipulation and hope that this keeps them away from the main event. I think Bully Ray should be involved here as he's been the attention of Aces & 8s for quite some time now. It will also be good to see two of the members of Aces & 8s finally in a match rather than just brawls.

3. Joe becoming TV champion - this I feel is the least that Joe deserves after a superb run in the BFG series. I hope Joe gets a match at BFG, possibly a rematch with Anderson and I hope he retains.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 2:04 pm

I hope that the Aces and 8s members fight without masks

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Fri 28 Sep 2012, 6:51 pm

Hopefully Samoa Joe wrestles every impact show, he will make the perfect champion. I can see either Joe/Magnus or Joe/Magnus/Anderson at Bound For Glory.

Thought the build up for aces and eights was reallll corny this week, the kidnapping and blowtorch segments were over the top, however the end result in the 2 on 2 tag team match will be decent. Possible partners could be Bully Ray or Jeff Jarrett, where both would turn on Sting.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Fri 28 Sep 2012, 11:05 pm

For some reason I thought the guy was Mr Anderson. Hopefully it ain't jj.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 03 Oct 2012, 1:57 pm

As Impact shows go it was a pretty good one.

I just wish they'd do something about ODB and EY being the Knockout champs, as its frankly ridiculous. Eric is a great character and for me is wasted in his current role.

Brooke Hogan has her work cut out for her, establishing some kind of pecking order among the Knockouts. The only matches we seem to see are either title matches or for the No.1 Contender spot and most of the female roster have been pretty much invisible of late.

Loved the main event match and how it built up the tension between Aries and Hardy.

I thought the Aces & Eights thing would have burned out by now, but their demand for a match at BFG is keeping things simmering nicely.

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 03 Oct 2012, 2:01 pm

Fernando wrote:
**Weird note: the belt isn't the TNA TV Title. At least not the one Devon carried. It looked to me like the old TNA World Championship that Hulk Hogan got rid of last year.

Hmm...interesting. My immediate impression was that it was the wrong size for Devon's TV belt. I also noticed Joe looked at it, but didn't hold it up for the cameras.

If they are still hoping to get Devon back into TNA, that might explain why they gave Joe a different belt.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Wed 03 Oct 2012, 2:30 pm

shame that the guy at the table talking to hogan and sting was quite clearly bischoff. no doubt it will turn out the leader was eric or jarrett or both.
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down