The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When do you think Federer will retire ??

+15
Calder106
Jeremy_Kyle
LuvSports!
Josiah Maiestas
hawkeye
sirfredperry
Henman Bill
bogbrush
User 774433
lags72
time please
The Special Juan
CaledonianCraig
lydian
Haddie-nuff
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

When do you think Federer will retire ?? - Page 3 Empty When do you think Federer will retire ??

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 05 Oct 2012, 8:27 am

First topic message reminder :

It is a question that Im sure has crossed everyone´s minds whether you be a a fan of Rogers or not.
Im not but that does not exclude me from wondering how the game will be after he makes the decision to hang up his racket and concentrate on family life.. at least in the short term. For sure, as we have seen by Nadal´s absence, it will leave a big hole in the sport that no other player can fill. But it is an inevitability that cannot be ignored. Here is an article that is a bit thought provoking

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1358275-roger-federer-why-age-has-ended-his-run-as-tennis-greatest

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

When do you think Federer will retire ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: When do you think Federer will retire ??

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 07 Oct 2012, 11:03 am

Which is why winning GS´s on all surfaces is such an achievement and so very hard to do... so credit must go to ALL those players who have managed to do so.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

When do you think Federer will retire ?? - Page 3 Empty Re: When do you think Federer will retire ??

Post by User 774433 Sun 07 Oct 2012, 11:04 am

Nadal would never have been able to beat Federer on a outdoor hard court pre2007, that's for sure.
Only real men could do that Sad

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 07 Oct 2012, 11:09 am

Federer always said he hated clay, and I believe even when he won the French Open and Madrid Masters he threw those titles in the bin as its not real tennis.

Only time Federer does lose to Nadal on the quicker courts is when he's making a bunch of amateur unforced errors.. like what happens when he lost to Roddick in Miami lolz. Wink
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun 07 Oct 2012, 11:13 am

Josiah Maiestas wrote:I believe even when he won the French Open and Madrid Masters he threw those titles in the bin as its not real tennis.
Yes, I've heard that too. Laugh

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 07 Oct 2012, 11:19 am

Ok! Erm Let me get this right.....ahhhhh silly me now I understand Erm when RF makes unforced errors and therefore loses it is understandable Erm The fact that he CRAVED the FO title once he won it he threw it in the bin Whistle Headscratch laughing Yahoo Laugh

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun 07 Oct 2012, 11:27 am

Haddie-nuff wrote: Ok! Erm Let me get this right.....ahhhhh silly me now I understand Erm when RF makes unforced errors and therefore loses it is understandable Erm The fact that he CRAVED the FO title once he won it he threw it in the bin Whistle Headscratch laughing Yahoo Laugh

You've gone crazy with the emoticons there Haddie king
Josiah is right though, I can confirm Federers FO title is in 'the bin.'
Some people also call it a trophy cabinet.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 07 Oct 2012, 11:31 am

Didnt Federer beat Nadal on the slowed down Indian Wells tournament this year? Just goes to show when both are at their best on hardcourt (even slow hard) Federer will come out on top. Federer gets less leg injuries than Nadal which also proves who's better. laughing
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 07 Oct 2012, 11:40 am

It Must Be Love wrote:
Haddie-nuff wrote: Ok! Erm Let me get this right.....ahhhhh silly me now I understand Erm when RF makes unforced errors and therefore loses it is understandable Erm The fact that he CRAVED the FO title once he won it he threw it in the bin Whistle Headscratch laughing Yahoo Laugh

You've gone crazy with the emoticons there Haddie king
Josiah is right though, I can confirm Federers FO title is in 'the bin.'
Some people also call it a trophy cabinet.

clap Yahoo Hillarious Now that is what I call funny .. he has also managed to turn this thread into the "Mad Hatters Tea Party" coffee mug cake

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun 07 Oct 2012, 11:48 am

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Didnt Federer beat Nadal on the slowed down Indian Wells tournament this year? Just goes to show when both are at their best on hardcourt (even slow hard) Federer will come out on top.
Nadal had mono, which he caught from Federer when they met 2 weeks earlier in the 'International excuse convention.' king

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 07 Oct 2012, 11:51 am

It Must Be Love wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:Didnt Federer beat Nadal on the slowed down Indian Wells tournament this year? Just goes to show when both are at their best on hardcourt (even slow hard) Federer will come out on top.
Nadal had mono, which he caught from Federer when they met 2 weeks earlier in the 'International excuse convention.' king

laughing Oh you are awful.....but I like ya Cool

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 12 Oct 2014, 12:15 am

Roger's current exploits reminded me of this thread. With the benefit of extra time we can now say that Roger did not retire in 2013. Also, I think lydian and others will agree he is unlikely to retire in Basel, 2014.

I still say he will stick around at least until Rio. He said he would and there is no indication he will not. How much longer he plays after that will probably depend on how his body feels at that time.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 12 Oct 2014, 1:17 am

From Djokovic's comments today after his match...

"It was definitely one of the best matches he has played against me, that's for sure," the 27-year-old Serb exclaimed. "He's playing as good as ever."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2014/10/41/Shanghai-Saturday-Djokovic-Reaction.aspx

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3