The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Webber says Grosjean is a 'first lap nutcase'

+8
ryan86
HERSH
bsando
dyrewolfe
Josiah Maiestas
liverbnz
SteveG
GSC
12 posters

Go down

Webber says Grosjean is a 'first lap nutcase' Empty Webber says Grosjean is a 'first lap nutcase'

Post by GSC Sun 07 Oct 2012, 3:23 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19862043

Massa and Raikonnen to team up at Lotus next year?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Webber says Grosjean is a 'first lap nutcase' Empty Re: Webber says Grosjean is a 'first lap nutcase'

Post by SteveG Sun 07 Oct 2012, 7:41 pm

Groj took a right verbal kicking today from drivers, team principles and media alike. Don't understand why he always seems to be involved in any kind of fracas at the start of races. The beaming smile that was once permanently etched across his face has all but disappeared along with his confidence. Shame.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Webber says Grosjean is a 'first lap nutcase' Empty Re: Webber says Grosjean is a 'first lap nutcase'

Post by liverbnz Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:35 pm

I feel for him a bit, but he shouldn't learning his trade in formula 1, which despite his previous experience in other formulas, he is quite clearly still doing.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 08 Oct 2012, 1:36 pm

He;s not the best driver but at the end of the day Mark should complain Grosjean's team for picking him.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 08 Oct 2012, 3:19 pm

Grosjean's a real Jekyll and Hyde driver. On his day he can be very good and deliver points finishes - even podiums.

Like Webber said, I just don't get why he seems to make the same/similar mistakes over and over.

As the old saying goes, you can't win a race at the first corner, but you can certainly lose it.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 08 Oct 2012, 4:10 pm

As a Webber fan I was fuming when I heard what happened at the weekend. Its particularly frustrating because Webber has had a series of poor results lately and Japan is Webber's favourite track. I think that is why he has come out with these comments because he knows he's lost an easy batch of points and is effectively out of the championship running now.

Grosjean is a talented driver but he has to get to the end of this season with no more crashes.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Mon 08 Oct 2012, 8:55 pm

And here's more evidence, if anymore is needed!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19509199

His too dangerous
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:55 pm

The problem is it keeps happening. If you're consistently wiping people out on the first corner you're a massive health risk to the other 23. He's already nearly decapitated Alonso.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan86 Tue 09 Oct 2012, 3:50 am

TBH, I think the best way, as opposed to punishing him , is to just have him start more races and hope that he gains confidence in them being clean. After Belgium and missing Italy, he's now scared to make a mistake and that situation is not entirely healthy either. It's as if he was "Better not take that Sauber off, better give him room, can't crash etc" and before he knew it he'd creamed into the back of Webber.

ryan86

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 09 Oct 2012, 9:45 am

Looking back at the link above i wouldnt say they were all his fault, not all of them. Silverstone for example, the FI got close to his front wing and caught it, giving the FI a puncture.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 09 Oct 2012, 10:08 am

Id say Australia and Monaco weren't either tbh

Maldonado took him out in Aus and the Ferrari squeezed him over into Schumi at Monaco

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 09 Oct 2012, 11:18 am

Also at least 1 of those in the vid he just went off the track (outbraked) like in Germany.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 09 Oct 2012, 12:06 pm

Silverstone was just a racing incident - he could have run slightly wider to the kerb on the exit, but the FI did take his ground rather and so the contact was 50:50.

Australia he was clearly the innocent party - Maldonado just ran him out of road on the outside of the bend.

Monaco I do think he was in the wrong - there was still quite a bit of space to his inside with the Ferrari, but he was so focussed on avoiding the contact on that side that he moved over on Schumacher on the outside.

So he has made a few mistakes (Belgium being the worst, as it was entirely unforced) but he's also been the victim of circumstance a couple of times. You do though have to ask why it's always him that seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 4:18 pm

Just shows the pressure these guys are under to perform and it leads them to making the mistakes that get highlighted. Contracts are up for stake and I guess we can add Kobayashi to the first lap nutcase label this week.

Apparently he is to be replaced by Gutierrez and Hulkenberg next year at Sauber.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 17 Oct 2012, 1:15 pm

The thing is i think he is one hellova driver.. just bat crazy!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down