Song lyrics game

Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Song lyrics game

Post by incontinentia on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 3:40 pm

Guess the Artist/Song title correctly and then post your own!

Any genre, no googling.

I'll start: "where the drank? I gots to know, tight jeans tattoo cause I'm rock n' roll"

incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3213
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by incontinentia on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 10:45 am

Tough luck folks, maybe it was too hard. The answer is Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.

Here's another: "take your time, hurry up, choice is yours don't be late".
incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3213
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by The Womble on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 10:57 am

incontinentia wrote:Tough luck folks, maybe it was too hard. The answer is Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.

Here's another: "take your time, hurry up, choice is yours don't be late".

That's Nirvana Come As You Are I think?
The Womble
The Womble

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 38
Location : The Phantom Zone - AKA Doncaster

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by incontinentia on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 11:37 am

correct crazygang, post one of your own if you want, however I don't think this game is really catching on as much as I thought it might.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3213
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by The Womble on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 11:59 am

Yahoo

It's a good game. I'll do a few

"Driving in your car, Oh please don't drop me home because it's not my home, it's their home, and I'm welcome no more"

"Terri meets Julie at Waterloo station, every friday night"

"Here in my mind you know you might find something that you, you thought you once knew.."
The Womble
The Womble

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 38
Location : The Phantom Zone - AKA Doncaster

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by incontinentia on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 12:27 pm

"Here in my mind you know you might find something that you, you thought you once knew.."

Oasis- Free

"Driving in your car, Oh please don't drop me home because it's not my home, it's their home, and I'm welcome no more"

As a guess I will say Tracy Chapman-Fast Car although 90% sure it's not
incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3213
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by The Womble on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 12:40 pm

The Oasis song is called Whatever but I knew what you meant thumbsup

Nope it's not Fast Car
The Womble
The Womble

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 38
Location : The Phantom Zone - AKA Doncaster

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by incontinentia on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 2:45 pm

"We skipped the light fandango
Turned cartwheels 'cross the floor
I was feeling kinda seasick
But the crowd called out for more"
incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3213
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by The Womble on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 3:07 pm

incontinentia wrote:"We skipped the light fandango
Turned cartwheels 'cross the floor
I was feeling kinda seasick
But the crowd called out for more"

Whiter Shade of Pale by Procol Harem. I heard that on the radio this morning!
The Womble
The Womble

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 38
Location : The Phantom Zone - AKA Doncaster

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by dummy_half on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 4:09 pm

crazygangwomble wrote: Yahoo

It's a good game. I'll do a few

"Driving in your car, Oh please don't drop me home because it's not my home, it's their home, and I'm welcome no more"

"Terri meets Julie at Waterloo station, every friday night"

"Here in my mind you know you might find something that you, you thought you once knew.."

Middle one is The Kinks, Waterloo Sunset

Googled the first one - would never have got it, as I wasn't a fan.


dummy_half

Posts : 4949
Join date : 2011-03-11
Age : 47
Location : East Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by The Womble on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 4:19 pm

dummy_half wrote:
crazygangwomble wrote: Yahoo

It's a good game. I'll do a few

"Driving in your car, Oh please don't drop me home because it's not my home, it's their home, and I'm welcome no more"

"Terri meets Julie at Waterloo station, every friday night"

"Here in my mind you know you might find something that you, you thought you once knew.."

Middle one is The Kinks, Waterloo Sunset

Googled the first one - would never have got it, as I wasn't a fan.


Nice work dummy. I think the last one is definitely harder. I think you needed to be a fan
The Womble
The Womble

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 38
Location : The Phantom Zone - AKA Doncaster

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by sodhat on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 5:51 pm

The first of womble's is There is a Light That Never Goes Out by The Smiths

sodhat

Posts : 22236
Join date : 2011-02-28
Age : 30
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by dummy_half on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 7:30 pm

OK, a few new ones

'There's an old man sitting next to me, making love to his tonic and gin'

'Then we would cook only porridge, of which I'd share with you'

'I used to walk you home sometimes but it meant nothing to you, cos you were so popular'

dummy_half

Posts : 4949
Join date : 2011-03-11
Age : 47
Location : East Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by incontinentia on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 8:08 pm

dummy_half wrote:
'I used to walk you home sometimes but it meant nothing to you, cos you were so popular'
Pulp-Disco 2000 (think thats the title anyway)

No idea of the other two
incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3213
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by dummy_half on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 8:24 pm

incontinentia wrote:
dummy_half wrote:
'I used to walk you home sometimes but it meant nothing to you, cos you were so popular'
Pulp-Disco 2000 (think thats the title anyway)

No idea of the other two

Yes - one down, two to go

dummy_half

Posts : 4949
Join date : 2011-03-11
Age : 47
Location : East Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by The Womble on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 9:16 am

dummy_half wrote:OK, a few new ones

'There's an old man sitting next to me, making love to his tonic and gin'

'Then we would cook only porridge, of which I'd share with you'

'I used to walk you home sometimes but it meant nothing to you, cos you were so popular'

Piano Man - Billy Joel

No Woman No Cry - Bob Marley

Disco 2000 - Pulp
The Womble
The Womble

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 38
Location : The Phantom Zone - AKA Doncaster

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by The Womble on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 9:17 am

sodhat wrote:The first of womble's is There is a Light That Never Goes Out by The Smiths

thumbsup
The Womble
The Womble

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 38
Location : The Phantom Zone - AKA Doncaster

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by dummy_half on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 9:49 am

crazygangwomble wrote:
dummy_half wrote:OK, a few new ones

'There's an old man sitting next to me, making love to his tonic and gin'

'Then we would cook only porridge, of which I'd share with you'

'I used to walk you home sometimes but it meant nothing to you, cos you were so popular'

Piano Man - Billy Joel

No Woman No Cry - Bob Marley

Disco 2000 - Pulp

3/3.

dummy_half

Posts : 4949
Join date : 2011-03-11
Age : 47
Location : East Hertfordshire

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by Galted on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 10:01 am

oh smear this man across the walls
like strawberries and cream
it's the only way to be
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 11328
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : In bed with Ada

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by The Womble on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 11:05 am

I think you might have stumped me there Galted. It rings a bell but I can't think what it might be. Headscratch
The Womble
The Womble

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 38
Location : The Phantom Zone - AKA Doncaster

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by Galted on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 11:55 am

might be a bit before your time womble - Push by The Cure, never really know what they're on about
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 11328
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : In bed with Ada

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by The Womble on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 12:13 pm

ahh, I do know the song but weren't really into the Cure much.
The Womble
The Womble

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2011-03-18
Age : 38
Location : The Phantom Zone - AKA Doncaster

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by incontinentia on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 12:22 pm

Nice one for a friday afternoon:

"Countin' flowers on the wall, that don't bother me at all"

???
incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3213
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by Galted on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 12:55 pm

don't know the song name but is the next line "smoking cigarettes & watching Captain Kangaroo"?
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 11328
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : In bed with Ada

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by incontinentia on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 1:42 pm

Galted wrote:don't know the song name but is the next line "smoking cigarettes & watching Captain Kangaroo"?
yes!!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3213
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Song lyrics game Empty Re: Song lyrics game

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum