Chatbox

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chatbox

Post by TwisT on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:15 am

Any reason why the chatbox thread is locked? The England game is tonight and the U21's have already kicked off.

TwisT

Posts : 14321
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 32
Location : Kent

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:17 am

probably because 4 people asked in the space of 30 mins and admins were sick of it??

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by TwisT on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:19 am

Ok, but if a reason isn't given then how do people know? I was none the wiser that others had asked. Last request on the thread was last night.

TwisT

Posts : 14321
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 32
Location : Kent

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:21 am

yes but if you look in the half hour before you asked, 3 others also asked!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by TwisT on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:22 am

CF......that was yesterday night picard

TwisT

Posts : 14321
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 32
Location : Kent

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:23 am

yes but they clearly locked the thread last night!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by TwisT on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:27 am

Or....the chatbox was opened last night after that request CF (which it was...I was on there). So the topic could have been locked anytime after it was shut down last night, right up until this evening.

Regardless, the issue is not that it is locked. The issue is you have a big sporting event being played in an hours time that people will be watching and probably would like to chat about on the box OK

TwisT

Posts : 14321
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 32
Location : Kent

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:32 am

i understand people would want to use the box, however if it dosent go on then im sure there's a match thread on the appriorate section OK

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Uryu Ishida on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:32 am

TwisT wrote:Or....the chatbox was opened last night after that request CF (which it was...I was on there). So the topic could have been locked anytime after it was shut down last night, right up until this evening.

Regardless, the issue is not that it is locked. The issue is you have a big sporting event being played in an hours time that people will be watching and probably would like to chat about on the box OK

Especially with Adam last night saying the box will be on for major sporting events.

does International Football ( at any level we care about) not count?

Uryu Ishida

Posts : 3425
Join date : 2011-05-30
Age : 26
Location : nottingham

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Bull on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:34 am

by the looks of things no

Bull

Posts : 17456
Join date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:34 am

NONE OF THE ADMIN WHO OPEN IT ARE CURRENTLY ONLINE

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Bull on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:37 am

whats with the bold CF?

Bull

Posts : 17456
Join date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:38 am

because clearly the thread was locked after they got bored with 4 people asking for box within a 30 minite period

also

There is a match thread no doubt, and ALSO, none of the admin who usually open it arent online!

#itainthard

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by TwisT on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:39 am

CF, you need to reign yourself in. You are being totally over the top.

Once one of the admins are online they will see this topic. Then they will either turn chatbox on or give us a reason why not. Either way is fine by me.

There is no reason for bold lettering or bad attitude.

TwisT

Posts : 14321
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 32
Location : Kent

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Bull on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:40 am

YES But how does this bother you that we are asking for the box CF?



Bull

Posts : 17456
Join date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:42 am

because was there any need to ask 4 times within 30mins? once is enough.....they probably got annoyed.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Bull on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:43 am

YES But does it bother you?

NO it dont you dont have to click to have a look on the request etc do you CF?

Bull

Posts : 17456
Join date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:44 am

bull im just saying, you can see why admins would get annoyed with it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Lee on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:45 am

why not all join Twitter which is basically just one big massive chatbox. Add each other and bobs your mothers brother you can chat about the games

Sorted. :P

Lee

Posts : 6687
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 31
Location : Liverpool

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Lee-Killeen-Portfolio/4127373

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by TwisT on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:45 am

CF wrote:because was there any need to ask 4 times within 30mins? once is enough.....they probably got annoyed.

That was last night! This is tonight. We are asking for the chat box TONIGHT. The box was opened last night anyway.

As I keep saying, why the thread was locked is not important. Frankly I don't know why you feel the need to get all uppity. I only asked a legitimate question. There is no reason for the attitude at all.

TwisT

Posts : 14321
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 32
Location : Kent

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Bull on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:46 am

Yeah but the point is dont speak for others , as you dont know what there thinking etc.

if you have problem with it dont look at the request page.

Bull

Posts : 17456
Join date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:46 am

Lee wrote:why not all join Twitter which is basically just one big massive chatbox. Add each other and bobs your mothers brother you can chat about the games

Sorted. :P

+1

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:46 am

TheBrahmaBull wrote:Yeah but the point is dont speak for others , as you dont know what there thinking etc.

if you have problem with it dont look at the request page.

or you could just use the match thread on the football section...which its for...

#justsaying

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by TwisT on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:46 am

Lee wrote:why not all join Twitter which is basically just one big massive chatbox. Add each other and bobs your mothers brother you can chat about the games

Sorted. :P

The voice of reason Lee Laugh

TwisT

Posts : 14321
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 32
Location : Kent

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Bull on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:48 am

i dont like twitter ;p

Bull

Posts : 17456
Join date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Lee on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:48 am

TwisT wrote:
Lee wrote:why not all join Twitter which is basically just one big massive chatbox. Add each other and bobs your mothers brother you can chat about the games

Sorted. :P

The voice of reason Lee Laugh

I know yeah I feel dirty. Forget what I said continue fighting! :P

Lee

Posts : 6687
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 31
Location : Liverpool

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Lee-Killeen-Portfolio/4127373

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by LL Cool Nay on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:49 am

Guys

One request is enough per evening. I am sure the box will be opened when an admin is on.

The Home nation teams do not kick off for another hour.

Can we also refrain from clogging this thread with Ridonkulos arguments.

LL Cool Nay
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posts : 4157
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 34
Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Lee on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:49 am

TheBrahmaBull wrote:i dont like twitter ;p

You have never EVER used it. So you don't know that you don't like it, you are just being such a Bull as usual Wink

Lee

Posts : 6687
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 31
Location : Liverpool

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Lee-Killeen-Portfolio/4127373

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by TwisT on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:50 am

Lee wrote:
TwisT wrote:
Lee wrote:why not all join Twitter which is basically just one big massive chatbox. Add each other and bobs your mothers brother you can chat about the games

Sorted. :P

The voice of reason Lee Laugh

I know yeah I feel dirty. Forget what I said continue fighting! :P

The funny thing is I wasn't trying for a fight. I just asked a simple question that I would happily have waited for an answer for. Then "you know who" felt the need to stick his nose in and try and look all presidential Laugh

TwisT

Posts : 14321
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 32
Location : Kent

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:50 am

Nay Bother wrote:Guys

One request is enough per evening.
I am sure the box will be opened when an admin is on.

The Home nation teams do not kick off for another hour.

Can we also refrain from clogging this thread with Ridonkulos arguments.

OK


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by LL Cool Nay on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:51 am

CF, please stop trying to provoke further responses

LL Cool Nay
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posts : 4157
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 34
Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by TwisT on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:52 am

Nay Bother wrote:Guys

One request is enough per evening. I am sure the box will be opened when an admin is on.

The Home nation teams do not kick off for another hour.

Can we also refrain from clogging this thread with Ridonkulos arguments.

There has only been one request tonight Nay. Mine. The ones CF is on about was last night.....for which the box was then opened.

Like I just said, I would have happily waited for an answer and left it at that. OK

TwisT

Posts : 14321
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 32
Location : Kent

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:52 am

i was agreeing with your point....but ok..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Lee on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:52 am

Can't we all just....get along? I dream of a Forum where, CF's and Twist's can live happily...side by side. In a world where no Bull is judged by the colour of his name but by the content of his comments.

I know this world exists....if we want it to

Lee

Posts : 6687
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 31
Location : Liverpool

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Lee-Killeen-Portfolio/4127373

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Uryu Ishida on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:55 am

i suppose its ok to ask for the chatbox now?

Uryu Ishida

Posts : 3425
Join date : 2011-05-30
Age : 26
Location : nottingham

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Uryu Ishida on Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:03 am

I guess not.

Uryu Ishida

Posts : 3425
Join date : 2011-05-30
Age : 26
Location : nottingham

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by NickisBHAFC on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:52 am

CF Please leave

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11192
Join date : 2011-04-25
Age : 22
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:03 am

Chatbox?

Demolition Man is on

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Posts : 12543
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : MtotheC's Leash

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:41 pm

warning


Last edited by DP on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:42 pm

Genuine question:

CF, why are you such an idiosyncratic cumstain?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by GSC on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:54 pm

DP wrote:Genuine question:

CF, why are you such an idiosyncratic cumstain?

OK

GSC

Posts : 34097
Join date : 2011-03-29
Age : 24
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:00 pm

DP used vocabulary!!

CF was confused!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by GSC on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:11 pm

I'd pay money to watch Cherries face CF on Countdown

GSC

Posts : 34097
Join date : 2011-03-29
Age : 24
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:02 pm

I think Mean Girls is on tonight
Chatbox?

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Posts : 12543
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : MtotheC's Leash

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by TwisT on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:19 pm

Would you not want to watch that in privacy with a box of Kleenex ED

TwisT

Posts : 14321
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 32
Location : Kent

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Crimey on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:17 am

The box has been closed for the week, the admin team feel the behaviour on it has gotten out of hand and it is to the detriment to the rest of the board.

If you would like to discuss an event, you can set up a match thread in the relevant section and discuss it there.

The future of the chatbox will be decided upon on a later date. It is likely that the box will be used a lot more sparingly in the future, only for big sporting events.

Thankyou.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Posts : 15069
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 22
Location : Heysham, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:31 am

Well that sucks

Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 39264
Join date : 2011-09-19
Age : 20
Location : Boom!

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by GSC on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:32 am

Theres more than 1 way to IM people.

GSC

Posts : 34097
Join date : 2011-03-29
Age : 24
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:33 am

I've only just got access to it.

Rubbish decision if you ask me.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Posts : 12543
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : MtotheC's Leash

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Bull on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:35 am

what behavior ? ive not seen anything bad tbh


Bull

Posts : 17456
Join date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:46 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum