The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

+66
gazzyD
mikey_dragon
MrPoncho
Beer
Fernando
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Scott is Back
kingraf
lfc91
Kevin Jones
JDizzle
RuggerRadge2611
Azzy
Nakatomi Plaza
President Trump
RinoGattuso
dancingweeman
Paul Mac 6CW
welshy824 (new)
trottb
Brys
TopHat24/7
incontinentia
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
nadeem2099
MtotheC
hodge
Knowsit17
Fists of Fury
compelling and rich
Bull
jimmyinthewell68
Cyril
bsando
Ent
jeromedubois
ChequeredJersey
dummy_half
Mad for Chelsea
Hoggy_Bear
bluestonevedder
Hulking_up
Galted
GSC
BamBam
alfie
teassoc
propdavid_london
Dass
Hero
Biltong
hampo17
Adam D
Kenny
The Galveston Giant
CFCNick
Gregers
BigPhil
Scottrf
hornbloweroafc
AberdeenSteve
Dave.
ADMIN
randy-poffo
70 posters

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 8 Empty Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by randy-poffo Tue 19 Apr 2011, 6:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Did anyone catch the first episode last night on Sky Atlantic.If so what were you're thoughts on it.
I'm a fan of the books that the show came from and was a bit worried how it would come across on TV.But I Really enjoyed the first episode and thought most of the charchters came across well.I'm looking foward to watching the rest of the season.

Last edited by randy-poffo on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 8 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by Knowsit17 Fri 27 Dec 2013, 1:35 pm

Bit late but currently watching the first season, haven't read the books. Finding it enthralling but, at the risk of being called soft, exceptionally hard to watch due to its themes of extreme corruption, betrayal and the presence of some of the most truly detestable characters I've ever come across. Worst of all the good guys always seem to get the short end of the stick and the bad guys regularly get away with it!

I'll man up and get up to date eventually.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 8 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by Kenny Sat 28 Dec 2013, 11:58 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:Bit late but currently watching the first season, haven't read the books. Finding it enthralling but, at the risk of being called soft, exceptionally hard to watch due to its themes of extreme corruption, betrayal and the presence of some of the most truly detestable characters I've ever come across. Worst of all the good guys always seem to get the short end of the stick and the bad guys regularly get away with it!

I'll man up and get up to date eventually.

For a minute or two i thought you were talking about the government
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 29 Dec 2013, 3:59 pm

Laugh 

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 13 Jan 2014, 2:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSg_gJkU7ko

Season 4 trailer

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 13 Jan 2014, 2:26 pm

season 4 is going be immense, my favorite of the books

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jan 2014, 2:40 pm

i thought it was called 'Game of thrones'?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 13 Jan 2014, 4:03 pm

it is  Smile  think randy never got round to changing the title of the thread
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sat 18 Jan 2014, 2:17 pm

Just finished season 3 and I'm totally hooked, the show has such an epic feel to it.

The 'red wedding' was awesome one of the best episodes of season 3 without doubt, I haven't read the books so was shocked to see Rob and Cat stark killed off, this show has a real flair for getting you invested in the characters and then killing them off where other shows wouldn't dare.

The season finale was slightly anti climatic but I'm still desperate for the next series to start.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 20 Jan 2014, 8:27 am

i am right in remembering that the book and season 3 finish at different points? been a while since i read and watched it, but without giving too much away doesn't the book finish with the big john snow story line?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 20 Jan 2014, 11:20 am

Book three - which was in 2 parts itself - followed a slightly different timeline to the TV series.  Not huge departures : for television , the Red Wedding has actually been brought a bit forward in relation to some of the other storylines - presumably for dramatic effect it was better to have it near the end of one season than early in the next. It doesn't matter , as the different parts of the story do not come together at this time in any way.
I imagagine there will be a bit more juggling as the story continues , particularly  when we get to books 4 and 5 , much of which take place simultaneously in widely different locations !

Presumably we all end up in the same place ... As long as George gets around to finishing his epic someday  Smile

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Mon 27 Jan 2014, 1:39 pm

anyone know when its airing in the UK?
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 27 Jan 2014, 1:51 pm

6th of April I think, its definitely around then for sure.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 27 Jan 2014, 6:21 pm

monday 7th of april on sky atlantic over here

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 01 Apr 2014, 10:19 am

Bit late to the party on this one, but started watching this the other week and have just finished series two and have to say I love the show. Gave it a swerve because I don't normally care for swords and fantasy stuff as I worry you're only one small step away from standing in a woods doing live action role play, which is never acceptable.

However enough people told me about this I gave it a go and it is brilliant, HBO are a different league when it comes to this sort of stuff. Production values and cast are all brilliant. Will be starting series three tonight, on a mad rush to be done before 4 starts proper over here.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 01 Apr 2014, 10:29 am

your in for a treat rowley, 3 and 4 are two of the best books

and the tv series carries on with being a brilliant book to tv convert. this point in a lot of tv series it can easily start going stale. with this it should only get stronger.

book spoiler:

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 01 Apr 2014, 10:31 am

also jeff dont read few lines up, there are fair few spoilers on this page that will spoil season 3

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 01 Apr 2014, 11:19 am

Rowley wrote:Bit late to the party on this one, but started watching this the other week and have just finished series two and have to say I love the show. Gave it a swerve because I don't normally care for swords and fantasy stuff as I worry you're only one small step away from standing in a woods doing live action role play, which is never acceptable.

However enough people told me about this I gave it a go and it is brilliant, HBO are a different league when it comes to this sort of stuff. Production values and cast are all brilliant. Will be starting series three tonight, on a mad rush to be done before 4 starts proper over here.

It is awesome stuff, Jeffrey.

Series 1 and 3 were better than 2 (for me, anyway) and you have to make sure you get up to date before Monday. The end of series 3 is truly spectacular. I haven't read all the books but the TV show is immense.

I would stay and chat but I have to nip down to my local iron mongers and pick up a sword he is making me. Me and the local amateur dramatic society are re-enacting the battle of Hastings this evening. I'm so excited.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 01 Apr 2014, 11:27 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:Bit late to the party on this one, but started watching this the other week and have just finished series two and have to say I love the show. Gave it a swerve because I don't normally care for swords and fantasy stuff as I worry you're only one small step away from standing in a woods doing live action role play, which is never acceptable.

Series 1 and 3 were better than 2 (for me, anyway) and you have to make sure you get up to date before Monday.  The end of series 3 is truly spectacular.  I haven't read all the books but the TV show is immense.

I would stay and chat but I have to nip down to my local iron mongers and pick up a sword he is making me.  Me and the local amateur dramatic society are re-enacting the battle of Hastings this evening.  I'm so excited.

dont forget the game of dungeons and dragons we got planned later  Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 8 3559488474 

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 01 Apr 2014, 11:28 am

compelling and rich wrote:

dont forget the game of dungeons and dragons we got planned later  Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 8 3559488474 

I'll be there pal. Didn't want Jeff to think we were silly though...

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 01 Apr 2014, 11:30 am

That ship sailed long ago Tina.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 01 Apr 2014, 11:32 am

Series 1 and 3 were better than 2 (for me, anyway) and you have to make sure you get up to date before Monday.  The end of series 3 is truly spectacular.  I haven't read all the books but the TV show is immense.

I would stay and chat but I have to nip down to my local iron mongers and pick up a sword he is making me.  Me and the local amateur dramatic society are re-enacting the battle of Hastings this evening.  I'm so excited.

If michaels and I have to be your horse again I want to be the front end this time.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 01 Apr 2014, 11:33 am

Galted wrote:

If michaels and I have to be your horse again I want to be the front end this time.

But you really excelled as a horses arse. You're a natural.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 01 Apr 2014, 11:38 am

Galted wrote:

But you really excelled as a horses arse.  You're a natural.  

Thanks, Tino, you've really made my day.  I'll see what else I can bring to the role.  Could you stop mating me with other horses if we lose though as my bum gets quite sore?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 01 Apr 2014, 11:42 am

Galted wrote:

Thanks, Tino, you've really made my day.  I'll see what else I can bring to the role.  Could you stop mating me with other horses if we lose though as my bum gets quite sore?

I would, but I think 'Brown Fingers' Kev is playing Harold II tonight and he gets off on horse/human buggery.

You know how cross he gets when he doesn't get his own way.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 01 Apr 2014, 11:43 am

just out of interest tino, what exactly are you the founder of?

Last edited by compelling and rich on Tue 01 Apr 2014, 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 01 Apr 2014, 11:46 am

compelling and rich wrote:just out of interest tino, what exactly are you the founder off?

Sod all mate.

It is Adam and his cruel joke. He keeps giving me these badges but I don't actually have any extra power. Believe me, I have tried to ban a few people already but it ain't happening.

I am a dog with no bite. The PCSO of 606v2.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 01 Apr 2014, 12:05 pm

I always look at you as the Nick Clegg of the board. Impressive enough title but no power or ability to influence anything.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 01 Apr 2014, 12:47 pm

Rowley wrote:I always look at you as the Nick Clegg of the board. Impressive enough title but no power or ability to influence anything.

I always look at you as the Michael Gove. Continually spouting idiotic things and has a face that just deserves a punch.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 01 Apr 2014, 12:56 pm

I take it TopHat is John Prescott?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 01 Apr 2014, 12:58 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I take it TopHat is John Prescott?

No he is Eric Pickles.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 01 Apr 2014, 1:05 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I take it TopHat is John Prescott?

No he is Eric Pickles.

Pickles is not quite far enough to the right. Hermann Goerring is a better fit.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri 04 Apr 2014, 1:48 pm

Fully up to date now, bit of a bitter start but once you get used to the routine betrayals and frequent shock character deaths it becomes extremely addictive.

Currently twiddling my thumbs obsessively for it to be monday evening

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Apr 2014, 10:47 am

Anybody watch it? Steady start to the season catching up on most characters, certainly whet the appetite for whats to come

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Mon 07 Apr 2014, 5:17 pm

Putting it off until tonight as it's an evening thing for me and couldn't be bothered to wait up half of last night for it to become available.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 07 Apr 2014, 7:03 pm

i watched it today, bit of a slow introduction but having seen the clip of next weeks it wont be for long!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 07 Apr 2014, 10:59 pm

Good episode, especially the final scene. The hound is such a badass! Roll on next week.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Tue 08 Apr 2014, 9:29 am

Love the 2am showing. Is it a weekly thing they are going to do or was that a one off?
Loved having no adverts.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 08 Apr 2014, 6:40 pm

Hulking_up wrote:Love the 2am showing. Is it a weekly thing they are going to do or was that a one off?
Loved having no adverts.

i recorded the 2am show, took me a while to realise that i'd not had to fast forward it

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 08 Apr 2014, 9:21 pm

I see there's a new Dario Naharis, wonder if he gets to bone Dani at all during this series...
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 09 Apr 2014, 4:39 pm

I was kind of expecting more from a season premier, it was good but I wanted fireworks...they have opted for the slow burn approach I think because what i've read about the 'purple wedding' its going to be explosive!

I loved the final scene with the hound, hes such a good character, I dont know how yet but fully expect Arya and Gendry's path to cross again, maybe the boat he rowed away in at the end of season 3 will end up in Riverrun where the hound and Arya are headed.

Now the walking dead is done until Novemeber this is the best thing on telly right now, cant wait for next weeks episode.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 09 Apr 2014, 4:49 pm

As others have said, good episode but definitely only really a catch-up and appetite whetter.

Bit surprised given the write-up it got in the ES which suggested a blockbuster start.

Loving the Arya-Hound relationship though, excited to see how that develops.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 09 Apr 2014, 5:32 pm

Definitely not the rip-roaring start that season 3 had. Felt more like a mid-season episode with several stories moving forward slowly. Only really Arya that did anything surprising - with that bad-ass attitude, she's going to struggle for boyfriends in the future.

Still, anything that gets Tyrion and Bronn back on screen is a good thing.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 09 Apr 2014, 7:06 pm

be patient fellas it shan't be long till it gets into gear

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:19 am

Yeh, am sure ep2 will be a cracker!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Apr 2014, 11:16 pm

They love a good wedding scene in game of thrones dont they

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 14 Apr 2014, 11:48 pm

yeah if i lived in westeros i definitely wouldn't be getting married

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 15 Apr 2014, 8:28 am

love this show , watched the second episode last night . unfortunately i read a couple of books on line after the first series so i knew the end of the purple wedding scene was coming .great production great actors .if they had to change the actor who played Dario naharis they could have chosen another one who at least resemble him a little .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 15 Apr 2014, 9:38 am

EPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 15 Apr 2014, 10:16 am

As I am sure you can appreciate Top Hat under normal circumstances I would slaughter you for the excessive use of letters and punctuation, but hard to disagree. Had seen on IMBD the rating for this episode and watching it I was struggling to understand what made this episode so much greater than the rest, that it until the last five minutes. The way the tension built to the jaw dropper at the finish was outstanding. Series four has hit its straps now.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 15 Apr 2014, 10:19 am

Haha couldn't help myself, Rowls!

PS: True Detective - you catch the last episode? Was a cracker!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next