The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

+66
gazzyD
mikey_dragon
MrPoncho
Beer
Fernando
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Scott is Back
kingraf
lfc91
Kevin Jones
JDizzle
RuggerRadge2611
Azzy
Nakatomi Plaza
President Trump
RinoGattuso
dancingweeman
Paul Mac 6CW
welshy824 (new)
trottb
Brys
TopHat24/7
incontinentia
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
nadeem2099
MtotheC
hodge
Knowsit17
Fists of Fury
compelling and rich
Bull
jimmyinthewell68
Cyril
bsando
Ent
jeromedubois
ChequeredJersey
dummy_half
Mad for Chelsea
Hoggy_Bear
bluestonevedder
Hulking_up
Galted
GSC
BamBam
alfie
teassoc
propdavid_london
Dass
Hero
Biltong
hampo17
Adam D
Kenny
The Galveston Giant
CFCNick
Gregers
BigPhil
Scottrf
hornbloweroafc
AberdeenSteve
Dave.
ADMIN
randy-poffo
70 posters

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 15 Empty Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by randy-poffo Tue 19 Apr 2011, 18:36

First topic message reminder :

Did anyone catch the first episode last night on Sky Atlantic.If so what were you're thoughts on it.
I'm a fan of the books that the show came from and was a bit worried how it would come across on TV.But I Really enjoyed the first episode and thought most of the charchters came across well.I'm looking foward to watching the rest of the season.

Last edited by randy-poffo on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 18:10; edited 1 time in total

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 15 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by President Trump Wed 08 Jun 2016, 14:26

I loved the Hound especially the Odd couple thing he had with Arya

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 15 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by incontinentia Wed 08 Jun 2016, 19:14

There's talk of the re-animated carcass of Catelyn Stark making an appearance in the next few episodes. I don't think she will though, they've already brought back Jon Snow and the Hound. Any more would take from the shows credibility imo.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 08 Jun 2016, 19:34

lady stone heart was in the books fairly early on, why its taken them this long to get her in i dont know (perhaps they didnt want to spoil the jon snow suprise having already brought a major character back earlier on, even if they did it with the lighting lord). thought she was a good character

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 09 Jun 2016, 01:18

compelling and rich wrote:lady stone heart was in the books fairly early on, why its taken them this long to get her in i dont know (perhaps they didnt want to spoil the jon snow suprise having already brought a major character back earlier on, even if they did it with the lighting lord). thought she was a good character

I didn't much care for the Lady Stoneheart thing in the books. But I'd agree it is looking as though she may be introduced into the TV version soon (the denials made previously being worth no more than the smokescreen around Jon's resurrection Smile ). I note that it seems Jaimie and Brienne are being moved into a position from which they can pick up the book story arc - which will of course require Lady S...

(All makes one wonder why they bothered dragging Jaimie off to Dorne for that awful storyline instead of getting on with it earlier ; suppose they wanted to give the Sandsnakes a run without taking on the Aegon story ; but I think it detracted from the show for quite a few episodes - looked like amendments on the run. I'd hate to see this go the way of Lost.

Unlike a few on here , I am fine with Arya ; though I admit she has had a few slow episodes recently...you have to admit she did a good job on Merryn Trant !

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu 09 Jun 2016, 21:41

I guess the Dorne plot was just to give that part of the world some attention before discarding the story material as apparently surplus to requirements. This is surprising as in the books Dorne as a faction is meant to have around 50,000 troops and a significant part still to play in future events. I don't know if this is due to other, more important storylines simply forcing them to omit it or if it's indicative of low importance in the books as well as the series (such as 'Young Griff', whom I strongly suspect is just a red herring in the books hence his total omission from the series)

Spoiler:

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 10 Jun 2016, 10:36

incontinentia wrote:There's talk of the re-animated carcass of Catelyn Stark making an appearance in the next few episodes. I don't think she will though, they've already brought back Jon Snow and the Hound. Any more would take from the shows credibility imo.
The Hound didn't die though - he wasn't 'brought back' like Jon Snow, he was recovering and building a new life for himself.

I hated LS in the books, and would hate her even more on the show. Although What Is Dead May Never Die.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 14 Jun 2016, 15:34

Last episode was ok. Prompt and disappointing end to the Riverrun arc, although mainly loyal to the books.

Good to see the Brotherhood resurfacing. This season has brought back many who had gone on a long absence, even if it is mainly just to kill them off.

Probably also Arya's best episode in 2 or 3 seasons. Some will have called it but I honestly didn't know what to expect as it was panning up the pillar there at the end.

Spoiler:

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 14 Jun 2016, 23:27

Yes arya was always going to triump in some dimly lit environment.

Will be interesting to see if they keep up the formula with an absolute blockbuster in episode 9 then generally setting up the next season in episode 10.

Still so much going on and to be resolved, especially when there are only meant to be 13 episodes across 2 seasons after season 6 ends.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 15 Jun 2016, 00:48

Ent

Not really that much to cover - Dany, her armies and dragons invade Westeros, leave Cersei and Tommen as toasty little crisps on the floor, then forge an allegiance with her cousin? Jon Snow, return the north to the Starks, destroy a few white walkers and take control of Kings Landing. Oh, and somehow Littlefinger will end up being the power behind the throne...

As long as someone bumps off Bran and Arya and their interminable storylines, 15 further episodes is more than enough Wink

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 20 Jun 2016, 12:47

Not sure what to think about today's episode.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Mon 20 Jun 2016, 13:15

From an action standpoint it was awesome. Ramsey finally got his comeuppance. I shed a tear when the giant died. RIP giant man rose
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 20 Jun 2016, 13:27

Just feel we go around in circles, probably deliberately.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 20 Jun 2016, 23:03

Can't complain about the action. All rather predictable though...I fear they are oversimplifying George's - admittedly complicated - plots ; which is rather a pity. Suppose they can't have twenty episode series though.

Next week will be interesting : Davos is going to be very angry now he has an idea of what happened to Shireen...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 21 Jun 2016, 10:47

If you type the word 'battle' into google, you'd think you'd get Trafalgar, Waterloo, Agincourt, Somme etc. Nope, it's 'of the bar stewards' Laugh

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 21 Jun 2016, 10:55

i thought last night was a great episode, yeah we all knew the dragons were going to trash the boats and the nights of the vale come to the rescue but still made for a fantastic episode

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 28 Jun 2016, 01:24

Last episodes are usually a bit of an anti-climax after the "big" episode nine...

Not this time ! Enjoy ...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:23

Shocked Shocked Shocked

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 29 Jun 2016, 09:24

What a season finale notworthy notworthy

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 02 Jul 2016, 10:50

6 seasons to get this all lined up.

Who can stop dany? How did varys get back from dorn so quickly, these questions need answered!

They love to tease us, gave us johns mother but not his father.

John and dany to rule at the end of all this?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 02 Jul 2016, 22:28

Ent wrote:6 seasons to get this all lined up.

Who can stop dany? How did varys get back from dorn so quickly, these questions need answered!

They love to tease us, gave us johns mother but not his father.

John and dany to rule at the end of all this?

You haven't figured it out yet? Everyone I've spoken to knows what's going on.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 02 Jul 2016, 23:29

Aware of the theories.

People think they have it figured out but I wouldn't be surprised if there are more twists.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 03 Jul 2016, 17:52

Ent wrote:Aware of the theories.

People think they have it figured out but I wouldn't be surprised if there are more twists.

Although not clearly stated in the episode itself, HBO released a family tree a couple of days later which does indeed confirm that fan theory.

Spoiler:

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jun 2017, 14:57

We're like 20 days away from the new season. All sorts of excited here

All the commercials are coming on advertising it. Can't wait. Binge watching seasons 1-6 again to catch up in preparation for it

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 28 Jun 2017, 07:39

Same here. On season 5 episode 5.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 12 Jul 2017, 15:19

It has taken me 6 years... but finally I've convinced Mrs Hero to start watching Game of Thrones. Previously it was a late night viewing once she'd gone to sleep but she's relented, first episode she half watched whilst on her phone but the ending with Bran I could see she'd started to show interest, at the end of the 2nd episode she wanted to go straight into the next.
So far her favourite characters are Arya, Tyrion and Samwell. She already loathes Joffrey.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jul 2017, 15:35

I finished it on Monday. my plan was to watch 2 epiosdes each night but coming home from work Monday one episode lead to another and another. before I know it was 00:30 and I'd watched 8 epiosdes. Its brilliant

Hero, your Mrs has picked out my favourite characters, especially Samwell. I love that moment when Gilly turns up at Castle Black and Sam orders the gate to be opened knowing its breaking all the rules to do so. Its a real moment of growth for him

My one negative to watching it back, the chap who plays Petyr Baelish is an absolutely awful actor. Hadn't realised until I binge watched it

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 12 Jul 2017, 16:04

Yeah he comes across a bit pantomime villain at times.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 12 Jul 2017, 16:17

Pretty good going getting a major role in both The Wire and GOT though!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 12 Jul 2017, 16:34

And Queer as Folk!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 17 Jul 2017, 17:44

no spoliers from me, watched it live last night. great start

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 18 Jul 2017, 01:32

Yeah , decent sort of return. Enjoyed the first scene Smile

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 18 Jul 2017, 09:27

It was a good episode. I liked the callback to season four and the episode flew by.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Jul 2017, 11:06

Enjoyed it. Started with a bang with that opening scene and then the rest of the episode sets things up nicely for whats to come.

one of the big talking points on the interweb seems to be surrounding Dragon Glass and whether it has further uses than being able to kill white walkers. In the scene wit Sam reading the book, on the left page it says Dragon Glass can be used as a cure for, but then cuts off camera on the line below. People theorising it can be used to counter Grey Scale which is why the princess shireen was the only known survivor having been based at Dragon Stone and surrounded by Dragon Glass which countered the effects of the disease

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Tue 18 Jul 2017, 12:15

gazzyD wrote:Enjoyed it. Started with a bang with that opening scene and then the rest of the episode sets things up nicely for whats to come.

one of the big talking points on the interweb seems to be surrounding Dragon Glass and whether it has further uses than being able to kill white walkers. In the scene wit Sam reading the book, on the left page it says Dragon Glass can be used as a cure for, but then cuts off camera on the line below. People theorising it can be used to counter Grey Scale which is why the princess shireen was the only known survivor having been based at Dragon Stone and surrounded by Dragon Glass which countered the effects of the disease

Hadn't seen that theory but I quite like it. Would certainly help Jorah right about now...

Enjoyed the episode. As good as you could reasonably expect for the standard 'this is where everyone is now' 1st of a series.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 18 Jul 2017, 15:37

jorah was clearly the one in the cell, so could well be leading that way

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 18 Jul 2017, 16:12

It was a solid episode and more of a catch up than anything else

With Sam finding out where to find Dragon glass its obvious now how Jon and Dany meet

Just one question, if the giant Wun Wun died fighting Ramsey how is he in the White Walker army (if that is him marching in that scene of course)

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 19 Jul 2017, 08:26

President Trump wrote:It was a solid episode and more of a catch up than anything else

With Sam finding out where to find Dragon glass its obvious now how Jon and Dany meet

Just one question, if the giant Wun Wun died fighting Ramsey how is he in the White Walker army (if that is him marching in that scene of course)

I assumed it was a different giant. (For the reason you stated). Although the only other giant I can remember featuring in any way prominently was the one who died fighting in the tunnel under the Wall when the Wildlings first tried to invade. There seemed to be more than 1 giant in the white walker army though (if i remember correctly) so must just be more giants about, or they found some recently dead ones.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 27 Jul 2017, 15:22

Paul T, Dec & Matt (The world renowned 52 Club) discuss the Battleground of WWE and the battlegrounds of Game of Thrones this week (SPOILERS : beware there are Game of Thrones spoilers in this show,) before musing on what effects consuming a whole box of Sugar Puffs may have on the human body.

For GOT Stuff go to 52.50 into it Ok!

https://soundcloud.com/user-490234385/five-nerds-go-to-the-battleground

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 03:24

So.....cersei pure evil. Jaime tactical genius

Another good episode. Danaerys needs something big in the next episode or two because the Lannister are playing a blinder

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Tue 01 Aug 2017, 10:25

Great episode that has the Lannisters 2 up.

Olenna Tyrell was on top form even though she knew she was about to die!

Talking about Joffrey's Widow Wail sword - “He really was a C U N T, wasn’t he?”   laughing

And then telling Jaime - “Tell Cersei. I want her to know it was me" (who poisoned Joffrey)
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 01 Aug 2017, 12:05

The best episode of this season so far.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 01 Aug 2017, 17:06

Remember everyone talking about how you don't want to meet the Dothraki on an open field ..

That bit of the Reach leading to Highgarden looks like just the place the Lannister army wouldn't want to run into the Dothraki and a dragon or two

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 02 Aug 2017, 14:11

An excellent 'slow burn' episode - not the most action packed but with some fantastic dialogue scenes - Olenna Tyrell taking the honours for the above comments, but Cersei was in finest b1tch mode and Ser Davos with the most apposite comment about it not mattering whose skeleton sits on the Iron Throne...

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 07 Aug 2017, 18:00

tonight is a excellent episode for those who haven't seen it yet

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Aug 2017, 22:26

Agreed. I was hooked throughout and by the end of the episode was literally on the edge of my seat repeatedly uttering the words 'please don't kill him off, please don't kill him off, please don't kill him off'

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Tue 08 Aug 2017, 10:27

Incredible episode.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue 08 Aug 2017, 19:08

gazzyD wrote:Agreed. I was hooked throughout and by the end of the episode was literally on the edge of my seat repeatedly uttering the words 'please don't kill him off, please don't kill him off, please don't kill him off'

That was the one thing that upset me slightly about it. GoT characters don't escape the situations Bronn and Jaime found themselves in! Still an unreal episode.

Arya vs Brienne... Brilliant.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 09 Aug 2017, 08:13

JDizzle wrote:
gazzyD wrote:Agreed. I was hooked throughout and by the end of the episode was literally on the edge of my seat repeatedly uttering the words 'please don't kill him off, please don't kill him off, please don't kill him off'

That was the one thing that upset me slightly about it. GoT characters don't escape the situations Bronn and Jaime found themselves in! Still an unreal episode.

Arya vs Brienne... Brilliant.

I don't know about that. In terms of main characters escaping battles where they should surely die Jon Snow has done quite well (Hardhome and Battle of Bastards). For me they are more likely to die when you just aren't expecting it at all.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 09 Aug 2017, 09:26

I can see both surviving and Jaime living up to his nickname the King Slayer or this time Queen slayer and killing Cersie for the good of the Seven Kingdoms (wasn't it prophesied that she'd die by a family member and that's why she hates Tyrion?) Bronn I couldn't give two sh*ts about the snake or maybe Arya kills Cersie disguised as Jamie???

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 09 Aug 2017, 11:04

Reckon they'll be keeping all the remaining "major" characters alive until the final show...I know that is a dangerous thing to say in this show Smile But anyone who has been a constant over seven seasons is surely in there because they have a part to play in the final denouement ...the TV show seems to have been divesting itself of any surplus personnel rather ruthlessly over the last couple of years.
In fact the main long standing cast members left were all on show in episode one : really only Davos and Brienne (who have survived) have been added to the story since the initial introductory group.

Mind you I'm not at all convinced the TV show and the books are on the same page with the count down to the Final Clash of Ice and Fire. The books (if he ever finishes them ) will get there in a more complicated and long winded manner than the screen version and I'm looking forward to reading them. In the meantime this is good (spectacular !) fun. And I can just about put up with the overdone "ringing declarations" - mostly from Dani - as long as we get a decent dose of witty dialogue thrown in...
I am not speculating as to the finish because you never know what George is capable of in terms of confounding expectations : but I am not expecting a win for the White Walkers

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next