The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

+66
gazzyD
mikey_dragon
MrPoncho
Beer
Fernando
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Scott is Back
kingraf
lfc91
Kevin Jones
JDizzle
RuggerRadge2611
Azzy
Nakatomi Plaza
President Trump
RinoGattuso
dancingweeman
Paul Mac 6CW
welshy824 (new)
trottb
Brys
TopHat24/7
incontinentia
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
nadeem2099
MtotheC
hodge
Knowsit17
Fists of Fury
compelling and rich
Bull
jimmyinthewell68
Cyril
bsando
Ent
jeromedubois
ChequeredJersey
dummy_half
Mad for Chelsea
Hoggy_Bear
bluestonevedder
Hulking_up
Galted
GSC
BamBam
alfie
teassoc
propdavid_london
Dass
Hero
Biltong
hampo17
Adam D
Kenny
The Galveston Giant
CFCNick
Gregers
BigPhil
Scottrf
hornbloweroafc
AberdeenSteve
Dave.
ADMIN
randy-poffo
70 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 17 Empty Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by randy-poffo Tue 19 Apr 2011, 6:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Did anyone catch the first episode last night on Sky Atlantic.If so what were you're thoughts on it.
I'm a fan of the books that the show came from and was a bit worried how it would come across on TV.But I Really enjoyed the first episode and thought most of the charchters came across well.I'm looking foward to watching the rest of the season.

Last edited by randy-poffo on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 17 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by President Trump Wed 30 Aug 2017, 2:28 pm

incontinentia wrote:Who is Azor Ahai? Have seen tons of theories on that.

I can see it being Jamie

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 17 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by Beer Wed 30 Aug 2017, 2:42 pm

incontinentia wrote:Who is Azor Ahai? Have seen tons of theories on that.

At a guess, it would be Dany.

I can see one of them having to sacrifice the other to become the Lord of Light.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 30 Aug 2017, 2:56 pm

1) a scene where four men with rat faces are raping a beautiful woman;
2) a feast of corpses, where many of the bodies were savagely slaughtered, and many of the corpses have cups or spoons in their hands; above them sits a dead man on a throne with the head of a wolf, wearing an iron crown and holding a leg of lamb like a king would hold a scepter;
3) old, dead, loyal Ser Willem Darry at the house with the red door from when Daenerys lived in Braavos;
4) a scene where an old man with long silver hair sits on a barbed throne in a great hall with dragon skulls, and says "Let him be the king of ashes";
5) a man who looked like Viserys, but taller and with darker eyes, who says to a woman nursing a baby, "Aegon…What better name for a king…He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire"; and when the man’s eyes meet Dany’s, he says either to her or the woman with the baby, "There must be one more…The dragon has three heads", and he picks up a silver harp and begins to play;
6) a vision of Pyat Pree telling her the visit was over, and to follow him into a garden;
7) a great hall with several robed people claiming to be the Undying of Qarth, who tell her, "We sent the comet to show you the way (to Qarth)…shall we teach you the secret speech of dragonkind?", but it turns out to be sorcery.
8) Viserys dying;
9) a tall lord with copper skin and silver hair bearing the banner of a fiery stallion (probably Rhaego, her unborn son); 10) a dying prince with rubies flying from his armor whispering the name of a woman with his last breath;
11) a blue-eyed king with a red sword in his hand who cast no shadow;
12) a cloth dragon amidst a cheering crowd;
13) a great stone beast flying from a smoking tower, breathing shadow fire;
14) her Silver horse given to her by Drogo at her wedding;
15) a corpse at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, smiling sadly;
16) a blue flower growing from a chink in a wall of ice;
17) shadows dancing in a tent;[1]
18) a little girl running toward a house with a red door;[2]
19) Mirri Maz Duur shrieking in the flames as a dragon bursts from her;
20) a corpse being dragged behind a silver horse;
21) a white lion running through grass taller than a man;
22) a line of naked crones emerging from a lake, kneeling before Daenerys beneath the Mother of Mountains;
23) ten thousand slaves crying "Mother" as Daenerys rode by on her silver.[3]

There's Danys visions from the house of the Undying in the books no. 5 pretty much hints that Azor Ahai is Jon

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 30 Aug 2017, 3:06 pm

• According to prophecy, Azor Ahai will appear “when the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers.” The first bit is likely a reference to the comet that appeared in A Clash of Kings (though there are other interpretations) and the second seems to be a reference to the Long Night.
• Azor Ahai will be born or reborn “amid smoke and salt,” as you may recall from this scene.
• He or she will “wake dragons out of stone.”
• Finally, the new Azor Ahai will reforge the great flaming sword Lightbringer, which the original Azor Ahai made by plunging the blade into the heart of his beloved wife, Nissa Nissa. It’s safe to assume the new sword will require a similar sacrifice.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 30 Aug 2017, 3:07 pm

Daenerys Targaryen
• Appeared when the red star bleeds? In both books and show, shortly after the dragons were born, a red comet appeared in the sky.
• Born amid smoke and salt? She was born on an island in the middle of a powerful storm, so there’s the salt. She was reborn as the Mother of Dragons on Drogo’s funeral pyre, so there’s the smoke.
• Woke dragons out of stone? Yup! Her dragon eggs were thought to be mere baubles, until she, you know, hatched dragons out of them.
• Sacrificed a loved one to create a powerful weapon? She euthanized Drogo, then stepped into his funeral pyre with the dragon eggs. Now she has three fire-breathing dragons. I’d say that counts.
• Descended from Aerys II? Yes, she’s his trueborn daughter.
• Connected to ice and fire? Fire is the obvious one, and now that the Night King controls Viserion, we’ve got an ice connection.

Jon Snow
• Appeared when the red star bleeds? In the books, Jon’s assassination is spurred by the death of one of Stannis’s knights. Ser Patrick’s sigil is a blue star, but it does get pretty bloody.
• Born amid smoke and salt? In the books, Jon’s wounds steam when he is stabbed in Castle Black. Also, one of his assassins is crying.
• Woke dragons out of stone? Not yet. Although if you consider the fact that he’s a secret Targaryen, Jon himself could be the dragon.
• Sacrificed a loved one to create a powerful weapon? He saw Ygritte die, but he didn’t kill her himself.
• Descended from Aerys II? He’s the legitimate son of Aerys’s son, Rhaegar.
• Connected to ice and fire? Jon’s parents are Rhaegar Targaryen (fire) and Lyanna Stark (ice). That’s the closest anyone is going to get.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 30 Aug 2017, 3:36 pm

Visited the same site as me, Hero.

As a spanner in the works, what chance does Jamie have?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 30 Aug 2017, 6:53 pm

incontinentia wrote:Its just cruelly ironic that the harder Jon tried to eradicate the white walkers, the more he ended up aiding them, whether contributing corpses to their army a la Hardhome or the hair-brained kidnap expedition beyond the wall which gifted them a dragon. Jon's squeaky clean goodie-2 shoedness is wearing thin for me, would like to see him a bit more ruthless.
How do we think the truth of Jon's parentage and claim to the throne will affect his and Dany's relationship in season 8?

the targaryerns were always a incestuous bunch, they often married within the family. dont see how it will effect them. if not the marriage between them becomes even more likely. as it will stop even more claims to the throne

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 30 Aug 2017, 6:58 pm

anyone else think all the armies (bar cersies) will race up to the north to try to face the whitewalkers but the sneaky b@stards get round and head to kings landing instead?

the scene when cersei realized her folly would be incredible and possible why dany saw the iron throne wrecked and in snow in her vision. the golden company as good as a sell sword has they are wouldn't fancy a battle against the dead

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 31 Aug 2017, 10:32 am

Woke dragons out of stone? Not yet. Although if you consider the fact that he’s a secret Targaryen, Jon himself could be the dragon.

I know nothing about any of this being a tv only fan but if he's gotten Daeny pregnant that would
Be that covered lol.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 31 Aug 2017, 10:57 am

I reckon Jamie will kill Cersei, then kill himself which would rather ironically leave Tyrion to rule House Lannister. Unlucky Tywin.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:17 am

Being that there’s only 1 season left and it’s unlikely there will be new characters introduced or that there’s much in the way of character development left to do, who’s everyone’s top ten characters?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:27 am

Varys
Cersei
Tyrion
Walder Frey
Tywin
Olenna
Missandei (okay that one is just eye candy)
Dany
High Sparrow
Arya (only recently)

Not particularly in order.

Last edited by Scottrf on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:28 am

Mine would be...

1. Cersei
2. Theon
3. Ramsay
4. The Hound
5. Tywin
6. Brienne
7. Jaime
8. Tyrion
9. Varys
10. Margaery

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by gazzyD Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:35 am

1. Samwell Tarley
2. Jaime Lannister
3. Bronn
4. Tyrion
5. The Hound
6. Brienne
7. Missendei (agreed about the eye candy bit)
8. Tywin Lannister
9. Ramsay Bolton
10. Lady Olenna

gazzyD

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:37 am

Hero wrote:Being that there’s only 1 season left and it’s unlikely there will be new characters introduced or that there’s much in the way of character development left to do, who’s everyone’s top ten characters?

In order:
Ned Stark - the ultimate hero and nobleman
John Snow - like his illegitimate father before him
Daenerys Targaryen - she's just wow Shocked
Tyrion Lannister - witty little man
Tywin Lannister - ruthless c**t
Ser Bronn - legend
Jamie Lannister - used to hate him, became humble after losing his hand and grew on me
Oberyn Martell - he was pretty cool too
The Hound - top guy
Khal Drogo - another one that went too soon, it would have been good to see him in Westoros.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:57 am

In no particular order...

Tyrion
Jamie
Jon
Pod
Bronn
Arya
Tormund
The Hound
Jaqen H'gar
Varys

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 31 Aug 2017, 12:11 pm

In no particular order

Tormund
Bronn 
Samwell Tarly
Jon Snow
Tyrion Lannister
The Hound
Jorah Mormont
Brienne
Ned Stark
Robert Baratheon

Surprised to see people picking High Sparrow and Jaqen H'gar, I thought they were two of the worst characters in GoT so far.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 31 Aug 2017, 12:14 pm

In no order:

Ned
The Hound
Tormund
Arya
Stannis
Davos Seaworth
Jamie
Tyrion
Drogo
Grey Worm (He aint got a c0ck but he knows how to use that tongue)

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 31 Aug 2017, 12:23 pm

Crimey wrote:In no particular order

Tormund
Bronn 
Samwell Tarly
Jon Snow
Tyrion Lannister
The Hound
Jorah Mormont
Brienne
Ned Stark
Robert Baratheon

Surprised to see people picking High Sparrow and Jaqen H'gar, I thought they were two of the worst characters in GoT so far.
High Sparrow shook things up somewhat. I think Samwell, Bronn, Jorah The Hound are some of the least interesting characters.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 31 Aug 2017, 12:31 pm

Jon snow
Tyrion (earlier seasons)
Bronn
Rob stark
Ned stark
Lady Olyenn
The hound
Brom
Jamie Lannister
Tormund

Can't stand
Daeny
Arya
Sansar
Theon
Varys

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 31 Aug 2017, 2:42 pm

Well we are talking TV versions , not book , here , I guess . So : (not in order)

Ned
Maester Aemon
Jon
Samwell Tarly
Tyrion
Cersei
Jaime
Brienne
Davos
Bronn

Think that's ten.  Feel I should have Danaerys and Arya in there but they've annoyed me progressively more over the last two seasons... And I'd perhaps have a different list , including those two , if we were discussing the books.

Edit as it is just TV I might sub out Davos who has been a bit underplayed - no disrespect to the acting , just the story arc : he is almost my book favorite - and replace him with Tywin.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 31 Aug 2017, 11:16 pm

1. Roz
2. The Hound
3. Bronn
4. Tyrion (seasons 1-3)
5. Robert Baratheon
6. Margery Tyrell
7. Varysl
8. Syrio Forel
9. Brother Ray (Ian McShane)
10. Ygritte
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Mon 04 Sep 2017, 10:15 am

Binge watched this over the weekend. Excellent series although the strategic decision to go capture a wight made zero logical sense.

Can someone explain Cersei's scheme to me? As I understand it, she has pledged her forces but never intended to go through with it. Is no one going to notice the lack of an army? In any event, my understanding was that Dany wasn't even asking her to send an army - just agree an armistice. If so, why couldn't she just have agreed that - which would have been very easy and wouldn't have been immediately obvious?

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 04 Sep 2017, 11:25 am

She asked for a truce, which Cersei said no to, then when she saw the walker, and then Tyrion visited her, she changed her mind and offered her army.

Think her plan is to hope that Dany's army gets destroyed and then she takes the North.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Mon 04 Sep 2017, 12:04 pm

I see his point though. After Tyrion spoke to her why not just offer the Truce she had declined, though no soldiers. Like he says, once no army marches north it will be clear to Dany she has been lied to (Assuming of course Jaime doesn't march north anyway, I think he will)

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Mon 04 Sep 2017, 1:26 pm

Yes, the switch from truce to active assistance makes perfect sense, if she was being genuine. It makes no sense when she never intends to honour it. It would just make clear to everyone else she had betrayed them.

i think her plan also has to be that Dany defeats the dead. KL clearly has no way to deal with an army of undead so she's totally stuffed if Dany's forces lose. Her plan only works if the dead are vanquished but Dany's forces are crippled as part of that fight - reducing them to a level she can defeat with the aid of the iron bank.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Mon 04 Sep 2017, 4:53 pm

1. Hodor

Feck the rest.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 04 Sep 2017, 6:19 pm

Born Slippy wrote:Yes, the switch from truce to active assistance makes perfect sense, if she was being genuine. It makes no sense when she never intends to honour it. It would just make clear to everyone else she had betrayed them.

i think her plan also has to be that Dany defeats the dead. KL clearly has no way to deal with an army of undead so she's totally stuffed if Dany's forces lose. Her plan only works if the dead are vanquished but Dany's forces are crippled as part of that fight - reducing them to a level she can defeat with the aid of the iron bank.

Plan is to retake what thy have lost then defeat a weakened returning army. The lie about sending an army to assist helps with giving Jamie a reason to head north for whatever purpose he is going to serve in the continuing story.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 04 Sep 2017, 7:13 pm

nadeem2099 wrote:1. Hodor

Feck the rest.

We watched the episode last night. #sadtimes

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 21 May 2019, 5:05 pm

And like that, it's all over. What did people think?

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 21 May 2019, 6:44 pm

It was awful.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Wed 22 May 2019, 10:20 am

mikey_dragon wrote:It was awful.

Very disappointing ending indeed. Entire season felt so rushed. How would you have liked it end mikey?

I guess the gradual decline of this thread mirrors that of the series!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 22 May 2019, 11:46 am

Well in all fairness the last episode did contain some wonderful Television images : Dany with the dragon wings behind her as she mounted the podium ; Tyrion finding the bodies of his siblings under the rubble ; the dragon waking from a snooze shaking off the ash/snow under which it was buried - and of course the climax as Jon brought his knife into the final embrace...

Unfortunately they followed that all with that sudden jump to an unrealistic conference in the dragon pit : when have a couple of dozen lords of Westeros ever come to an agreement about anything in ten minutes - or ten hours ? And Grey Worm going from "he's my prisoner and we who hold the city by force of arms want justice " to "OK chaps , you've got it , I'll go now " .

To say nothing of the final scenes turning the small council into a comedy routine... Bronn in charge of the treasury ? Good start , Bran ...

I liked where most of them finished up , to be honest. Brienne heading the Kingsguard and writing the end to Jaimie's story...Arya exploring the unknown west ...even Jon going back to the frozen north : but I really wish they could have got them all there in a more dramatically convincing manner.

Was still a great show , judged on the whole 8 years ; but the finish could have so easily been so much better.

Going to miss it.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Mon 27 May 2019, 7:49 am

Echo much of what was said in the above post.

Think the majority agree that the last season felt ridiculously rushed compared to the rest. Perfectly happy with Danys plotline of becoming the mad queen, not happy at all with how sudden it happened. Although losing Missandei, Jorah, 2 dragons and effectively Jon in a short space of time (along with the nobody in this land loves me thing) were obviously supposed to be what pushed her right over the edge.

Feel like they had been building up to things that they just abandoned. Around the night king and bran especially. Bran was definitely up to something. Could be a case made he orchestrated the whole thing to get the throne! Also the whole Prince that was promised thing?

Yes Grey worm almost certainly would have had Tyrion and Jon headless long before this magical forum of the nobles to decide the fate of Westoros. Scene before he was cutting the throats of prisoners in the streets! Also Bran deserves it because he had the best story? Jon and Arya may have something to say about that. Even Sansa to a lesser extent.

The character endings on the whole were quite satisfying. Jon going full circle after everything he went through I really enjoyed. (Will he now be the King beyond the wall? With 3 Starks effectively ruling the entirety of Westoros South to North?) Aryan going West after the whole 'whats West of Westoros' thing in an earlier season, nice touch.

Even with the disappointment of the majority of the last season, was still one of my favorite shows ever. Will be sorely missed

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielReilly Sat 07 Nov 2020, 1:19 pm

Books are class, series is alright

DanielReilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 09 Sep 2022, 2:50 pm

Anyone setting one up for House of Dragon? Very Happy

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 09 Sep 2022, 4:05 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Anyone setting one up for House of Dragon? Very Happy

Maybe we should just run this along into it ? Is it possible to amend the thread title to include the prequel ?

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 09 Sep 2022, 7:41 pm

Can do. Just thought I’d say it’s pretty average for me (don’t understand why everyone loved episode 3). It’s not as good as everyone says, and nowhere near as bad as others say.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri 16 Sep 2022, 4:32 am

The lack of comments appearing so far suggests this hasn't exactly grabbed anyone yet.

Been a mixed bag , for me. Apart from containing all the essential GOT ingredients (tits & bums , blood & gore , dragons flapping around) it has focused mainly on the court conversations and sly manoeuvres ; with the "action" sequences a bit less than convincing.   Paddy Considine has done a good job as Viserys ; and Milly Alcock seems quite at home astride a dragon... but I am afraid Matt Smith defeating the crab feeder and his horde of troops singlehandedly and without even a sonic screwdriver was a bit unrealistic...

Unlike the original , this one leaves the writers with a lot of freedom to play with the storylines , as George didn't write a novel as such but more what purports to be an historical account written many years after the event , drawing on admittedly unreliable and often conflicting sources. So where the GOT series eventually foundered as the TV writers moved away from Martin's original work in order to finish the series before the actors were too old or they ran out of backing for additional seasons , this one will stand or fall on how well they can flesh out the bones of the timeline. Bit of work to do yet I think.

Four episodes in , so I will withhold judgement for the moment.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Fri 16 Sep 2022, 7:57 am

I'm watching House of the Dragon, so far not a patch on Thrones but that was a very high bench mark. Dunno about Paddy Considine, he doesn't quite seem right for role to me. Rhys Ifans though excellent.
I've also been watching Rings of Power which is definitely PG in comparison but maybe has potential. For £0.5 billion it should....

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 16 Sep 2022, 8:28 am

alfie wrote:The lack of comments appearing so far suggests this hasn't exactly grabbed anyone yet.

I've actually rather enjoyed it, alfie. If I'm honest, it isn't as good as the early GoT series but I just love the world of Westeros and I'm happy to be back there without re-watching GoT (again...). Primarily for the escapism. The murder, scheming, violence, incest, political machinations, fire breathing dragons and relentless betrayal still make it a far more pleasant place than Britain is these days.

It felt like an old pair of slippers (I don't wear slippers but you get the point) when the opening episode started.

The only thing I disagree with you on is Paddy Considine. He is such a brilliant actor normally but I just don't get him in this. He seems to be playing Viserys as a cross between Albert Steptoe and Justin Hawkins from The Darkness. Shame as he is pretty much excellent in most other stuff I've seen him in.

I actually really like Matt Smith as Daemon. It probably helps that I can't recall anything else he has been in (never watched a single episode of Dr Who) but I think he's done a decent job. Has that slightly deranged/on the edge of going full Michael Douglas look down pretty well for me.

Milly Alcock is very good.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 16 Sep 2022, 11:40 am

I think all the leads, Paddy, Rhys, Matt, etc. are pretty good in HOD.

Someone mentioned the Rings of Power.... I think it's unbelievably boring so far. Why are all the characters so bland and emotionless?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 16 Sep 2022, 12:26 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I think all the leads, Paddy, Rhys, Matt, etc. are pretty good in HOD.

Yeah, Rhys Ifans is great as Otto. Kind of knew he would be though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 19 Sep 2022, 5:13 pm

Rhys is a good actor. I watched The King’s Man recently, I thought he was great as Rasputin.

In the HOD I also rate Milly Alcock and Steve Toussaint, Steve definitely has an on-screen presence about him. Still, none of it is quite as good as GOT Smile.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 21 Sep 2022, 6:31 am

I may be in a minority ; but I actually prefer the court intrigue and subtle devious plotting to the expensively choreographed but often rather unconvincing battle scenes. I really liked episode five...reckon all the main actors are doing a fine job.

They have certainly changed a lot of the action from the accounts George penned in Fire and Blood. Though to be fair , those accounts themselves list more than one alternative narrative - from the varying versions of history given by Grand Maester Runciter , Septon Eustace , or Mushroom... All the same characters are around  - and it seems the right ones are killing each other if not in the exact same manner. But the , ahem ; "romantic entanglements"  are being tweaked a little Smile

All in all I am enjoying this. Hope the new actors who will take over some roles later in the series maintain the good work...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17