The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

+41
Atila
owen10ozzy
Duty281
Ent
dummy_half
JPX
CFCNick
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
lorus59
kwinigolfer
mystiroakey
NickisBHAFC
Noble-Surfer
Mat
mobilemaster8
Nakatomi Plaza
azania
Hulking_up
Fernando
TRUSSMAN66
JamesLincs
Il Gialloblu
as1079
MetalMotty
Kay Fabe
GSC
Liam
lfc91
Soldier_Of_Fortune
LivinginItaly
MIG
Stella
liverbnz
Geordie
Lumbering_Jack
Kenny
Good Golly I'm Olly
Small Time
hampo17
nasisillmatic
Crimey
45 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 4 Empty Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

Post by Crimey Wed 31 Oct 2012, 11:01 am

First topic message reminder :

For all Liverpool's based discussion.

If you're here just to wind Liverpool fans up, don't bother posting.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

Post by Kenny Sat 01 Dec 2012, 7:21 pm

Crimey wrote:I'm just hoping he can keep it up this time, last season he was playing this well but then his form dropped off dramatically. The consolation is full backs is probably our strongest position with Johnson, Enrique, Kelly, Wisdom, Flanagan and Robinson. (I refuse to count Downing who shouldn't be anywhere near left back.)

I refuse to count Downing at all !
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

Post by Kenny Sun 02 Dec 2012, 2:39 pm

i know it's probably all paper talk , but what do we do if Sterling doesn't sign a new contract and Man Utd come calling ?

personally given he's only on a reported £3000 a week i would keep him and not play him for the remainder of his 18 month left on his contract
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 06 Dec 2012, 10:58 pm

I think to top the tough Europa League group we were drawn, especially with the lack of depth in the squad, is a pretty good achievement. I'm just hoping a longer run in Europe won't disrupt a possible rise up the league.

While I'd love to see Liverpool win the Europa League, would like to see the side at least improve on last year's position.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 07 Dec 2012, 10:14 am

I hope we get to the final. Its in Amsterdam Smile

Nice excuse for the missus to go Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 07 Dec 2012, 11:07 am

Could it drawn Atletico Madrid in the next round which is the worse-case scenario.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri 07 Dec 2012, 11:22 am

Crimey wrote:Could it drawn Atletico Madrid in the next round which is the worse-case scenario.

At least if that happens we would finally get to see Arda Turan play at Anfield ha.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 09 Dec 2012, 1:02 pm

Can we draw Chelsea ? or is the stipulation about teams from the same country not being drawn together still in
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 09 Dec 2012, 11:02 pm

Kenny wrote:Can we draw Chelsea ? or is the stipulation about teams from the same country not being drawn together still in

I think that's in for the last 32 at least, possibly even last 16. Not sure though.

A good win today against a tough to beat West Ham side, 3 goals scored despite having no striker and fighting back from a goal down and Joe Cole getting what can hopefully be a confidence boosting goal.

The season is looking up in recent weeks, a few good results on the trot, through in Europe despite having a very tough group, and rising up the table, just 4 points off of the top 4.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 09 Dec 2012, 11:08 pm

Todays game especially after leading then going behind was a game we would of lost in the last couple of years .

I thought we were brilliant for the first 15 minutes , then let them back into the game and we looked vulnerable at the back ..... but we showed a good fighting spirit and managed a good win .

Onwards and Upwards
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 09 Dec 2012, 11:37 pm

Apparently that was the first time since August 2009 that we've come from behind to win the game which is shocking.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon 10 Dec 2012, 11:20 am

Crimey wrote:Apparently that was the first time since August 2009 that we've come from behind to win the game which is shocking.

Didn't we come back from a goal down against Bolton in January last year?

It just shows how poor our mentality has been the last few years. Hopefully coming back from a goal down to win away from home will give the players a stronger mentality in future.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 10 Dec 2012, 11:30 am

Sorry meant to say away from home.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:21 pm

Next 2 games are at home at Villa & Fulham, hopefully we can get another 2 wins and push further up the table.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:34 pm

I think we should be expecting at least 4 points from those fixtures, Fulham are more difficult team to face than Villa but they're usually pretty poor away from home.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:37 pm

Fulham have been on a horrid run of form lately so should beat them. Villa are an enigma

But its nice to see Pool and the Canaries climbing the table together Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:48 pm

I feared for Norwich after we played them, but they have bounced back so well since then.

Chris Houghton as done a great job so far.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 11 Dec 2012, 2:55 pm

We are being linked to £6 million pound january moves for Fernando Llorente and Keisuke honda who are both out of contract in the summer

i would still prefer a move for Shane Long personally
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 11 Dec 2012, 3:29 pm

There's been rumours floating round for a bid for Alexis Sanchez Shocked

I wouldn't mind if we got him Laugh

Apparantely he's out of favour with Barca at the minute and is not happy wants regular first team football!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 11 Dec 2012, 3:30 pm

Can't believe Fernando Llorente could be available for as little as £6m, I know he's had a few problems this season but that is still a steal and a half

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 11 Dec 2012, 3:57 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:Can't believe Fernando Llorente could be available for as little as £6m, I know he's had a few problems this season but that is still a steal and a half

I think the price is to do with the fact he has told Athletic Bilboa he wont sign a contract i read he has told them he will stay and move in June for free unless they sell him for a reasonable fee in January
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 11 Dec 2012, 4:51 pm

For £6m I'd snap Llorente up asap, that would be a massive bargain. He's 27 so just coming into his prime years. A year ago you would've had to pay around £20m for him.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Dec 2012, 4:53 pm

I do hate to burst the bubble but he seems pretty set on going to Juve I think, and there are CL teams that would want him for that price that he would go to over Liverpool imo
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 11 Dec 2012, 4:55 pm

Grant Holt V2 wrote:I do hate to burst the bubble but he seems pretty set on going to Juve I think, and there are CL teams that would want him for that price that he would go to over Liverpool imo

We can always dream.

This is why we need to be as close to 4th as possible come January, as it will impact the calibre of players we can sign.

Last edited by nasisillmatic on Tue 11 Dec 2012, 4:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 11 Dec 2012, 4:55 pm

nasisillmatic wrote:
Grant Holt V2 wrote:I do hate to burst the bubble but he seems pretty set on going to Juve I think, and there are CL teams that would want him for that price that he would go to over Liverpool imo

We can always dream.

I'm a Norwich fan! All I do is dream of doing something half relevant Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 12 Dec 2012, 12:32 pm

I know it's dreaming , but he has said England is his preferred destination so anything is possible Very Happy
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 19 Dec 2012, 4:41 pm

Daniel Sturridge and Thomas Ince are apparently close to signing.

1. I am really disappointed spending £10 million + on Sturridge who I really don't rate and have dreaded the signing of since we were first rumoured with him. He's selfish, overrated and will demand to play through the middle. I doubt his wages will be low either.

2. The Thomas Ince thing is laughable, that we can let him go for free and less than 2 years later spend £6 million to bring him in. While he's a decent player, he's quite similar to Sterling and begs the question why was Assaidi signed and never used in the Premier League?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 19 Dec 2012, 4:45 pm

I completely agree Crimey. The Ince thing is laughable but he is a good player and could be really good.

Sturridge thing is quite astounding. If he was that good why would Chelsea let him go is my question?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 19 Dec 2012, 4:46 pm

And City before Chelsea as well. Sturridge is massively overrated as a player and a decent loan spell at Bolton and a few goals last year for Chelsea don't change that. To spend £10million+on him suggests nobody at the club has learnt from the previous mistakes.

Michu cost £2 million!

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 19 Dec 2012, 4:48 pm

I'm totally with you Crimey. You could probably get Ba off Newcastle for £10 million+

Sturridge I agree is wildly overrated. Chelsea fans hate him, and it takes a lot for them to hate a player. Look how much patience they have had with Torres
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 19 Dec 2012, 5:09 pm

I'm not sure i would want Ba really , he seems to be a bit of a disruptive dressing room type player ..... you know never happy always looking to get that bit more money or game time above others .

Sturridge is over rated and at 10 million + wont get us enough goals for the price , i know i keep banging on about them but Shane Long or Gary Hooper who both are goal scorers would be my choice ..................we create chances we need someone on the end of them who knows were the back of the net is .......you cant teach it a player just has it or not it's the old 'fox in the box ' thing .

Ince should not of been sold without a buy back clause in it , teams abroad are very clever in inserting buy back clauses in contracts of young players who they sell yet our clubs dont do it ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 19 Dec 2012, 5:24 pm

I agree about Long and Hooper Kenny. Hooper especially I think would be worth the gamble
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 19 Dec 2012, 5:31 pm

Ba's buy out clause is only 7m. He wants to play down the middle and Newcastle can't play both him and Cisse down the middle. Think Newcastle would take 7m and get someone in and allow Cisse to play as the loan striker. With their injuries that 7m will come in handy in January.

I agree, Long and Hooper are superb strikers, pace and know where the back of the net is. Llorente is obviously wanting out although Athletic have come out today and said he's not leaving. Suarez playing just off him would be a deadly partnership.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 19 Dec 2012, 6:12 pm

Just seen this on SkySports

Since admitting he would be interested in playing in the Premier League, Sky Bet have received a flood of bets on Fernando Llorente to sign for Liverpool in January. He's now 10/11 on to join the Reds, although Athletic Bilbao have insisted they won’t cash-in in January.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 19 Dec 2012, 6:20 pm

Norwich were 1/5 to sign Jordan Rhodes with Skybet last January. I wouldnt read too much into it
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 19 Dec 2012, 6:26 pm

Yeah all the betting shops stopped bets on both Villas-Boas and Martinez to be named Liverpool manager at different points in the summer.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 6:33 pm

can you take Carroll back please?

he's feckin' useless!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 19 Dec 2012, 7:51 pm

Shocked Really??
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 19 Dec 2012, 10:39 pm

BBC BREAKING NEWS

Raheem Sterling has reached an agreement in principle with Liverpool over a new contract.

The 18-year-old is expected to sign the five-year deal before Christmas.

Sterling, who is currently on a £2,000-per week youth contract, will see his earnings initially jump to around £30,000 per week.

This season has seen Sterling win his first England cap and establish himself in manager Brendan Rodgers's team.

All parties are understood to be happy with the agreement and despite interest from a number of other clubs, Sterling has always been keen to continue his development at Anfield.

Sterling's earnings will rise during the course of the deal to bring him in line with a number of senior players whose place the teenager has taken.

The former QPR trainee turned 18 earlier this month and his rapid progress has been one of the stories of the season, but Rodgers had repeatedly stressed his fear that too much, too soon might harm the player's development.

However, the situation was complicated by the lucrative salaries earned by Joe Cole, who earns more than £100,000 per week, and Stewart Downing, who earns about £60,000 per week, despite not being regulars in the Liverpool first team.

But with Sterling expressing his desire to stay at Anfield, Liverpool have come up with an offer that will keep one of the country's hottest young properties on Merseyside.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 23 Dec 2012, 7:58 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20829458

ARRRRRGHHHHH!

Make your bloody mind up Rodgers! Downing must be so confused.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 23 Dec 2012, 2:13 pm

According to most of the sports sites Danial Sturridge has undergone a medical at Anfield today although the transfer can not be completed until Jan 1st
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 23 Dec 2012, 2:22 pm

Crimey wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20829458

ARRRRRGHHHHH!

Make your bloody mind up Rodgers! Downing must be so confused.

Given how confused he looks with a ball at his feet, piling on cant help
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 23 Dec 2012, 2:25 pm

I'm not a Downing fan , but i will give him credit for yesterdays performance ... it was definately one if not his best in a Liverpool shirt . He just needs to back that up week in week out , but given our intrest in Ince coming back then i still think Downings days are numbered .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Mon 24 Dec 2012, 11:16 am

How does everyone feel about the sturridge transfer?
12m fee and 60k a week wages.
I think he is a good signing but do feel he is not the out and out goal scorer that liverpool need

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 24 Dec 2012, 2:56 pm

I'm bitterly disappointed in the signing and shows nobody has learnt from the mistakes and we're still paying over the top fees and wages for players we don't really need because they're English.

There is a reason that Sturridge has struggled everywhere but Bolton.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 24 Dec 2012, 2:58 pm

Unless a Birmingham takeover happens sharpish it looks like Liverpool are favourites to sign Jack Butland in January
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Mon 24 Dec 2012, 4:11 pm

I agree crimey. You can get foreign players who are twice as good for half the price yet we insist on buying english players for bloated prices! I actually had an arguement with my friend(utd fan) who laughed me out of the room for suggest that if we were to sell sterling now we could get somewhere in the region of 25-30 million. Now dont get me wrong im not trying to say he is worth that or anywhere near that, but with the ridiculoys prices people are paying just for half decent english players it isnt beyond the realms of possibility that someone like city would pay it for him! Absolute insanity in my opinion. And if sturridge is the only player we bring in in january il be very dissapointed!

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Mon 24 Dec 2012, 4:18 pm

Crimey wrote:I'm bitterly disappointed in the signing and shows nobody has learnt from the mistakes and we're still paying over the top fees and wages for players we don't really need because they're English.

There is a reason that Sturridge has struggled everywhere but Bolton.

Would disagree with that. I think I read somewhere that he's got 25 goals for Chelsea in about 50 starts. Considering he's hardly ever played centrally, that's not a bad return at all.

I do agree that he is slightly over-priced and I think £8-10 million would have been a little more realistic but if he provides goal-scoring support to Suarez, I certainly won't be complaining.

He does also strike me as a little too selfish on the ball. All good forwards need a bit of selfishness in their game but I think Sturridge could do with reigning it in a bit.

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 24 Dec 2012, 4:21 pm

Chelsea fans do complain that he is very selfish and I think he played away at West Brom this season for them and he got blasted for being far too selfish
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Mon 24 Dec 2012, 4:28 pm

There was a joke doing the rounds about the medical being the first thing Sturridge has passed all season. Doesn't bode well! Laugh

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 24 Dec 2012, 4:49 pm

Everywhere else but Bolton being a youth player at City, earning a transfer at Chelsea then being played on the wing. Sturridge is a good player, overpaying Butland who isn't that good is the dodgy deal.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next